How did you quit drinking fit?

How did you quit drinking fit?
I'm on a cut to show off muh gainz

I quit drinking

i literally got T1 diabetes

Lmao at ur life

p much this tbhayche famalam

Seriously though, what helped me was that I was getting really into hoppy beer, and then I found out that hops is a GIGANTIC xenoestrogen carrier. I shouldn't have to explain how estrogen is the biggest gains goblin you can imagine.

How much where you drinking tho fampai?

On a cut
Still drinking
Old Crow ftw

>posting a jew whore as OP

Has that affected your ability to make gainz?
Sucks breh
>tiny amount of xenoestrogen
>somehow counter-acts the raised T-levels you get from lifting
Nah beer fucks with you because it's full of calories and little else.

Taper

1.75L vodka every 2-3 days for about 4 months. Sometimes would buy 750ml fireball and drink it all in one night

How much?
I get drunk like twice a week.
So taper to getting drunk once a week?
I usually drink about 2 bottles of wine and 6 beers a week. (maybe more)

>young girls working hops fields report menstruation years before girls that don't
>hops has been identified as a POTENT phytoestrogen

Okay, whatever you say. Finding that out sure as shit helped me quit drinking

Beer is a normie meme ill give you that.
>tfw nothing gives me that same warm feeling
I need a gf desu.

You also get estrogen from plastic containers and drinking water. What the fuck is your point.

I started counting calories and after a while it sank into my head that it wasn't logical to drink. Every one always tells you it's bad for you and whatnot but I guess you never realize it until at some point you do. It had gotten pretty bad for a while there, I would drink a few glasses (like, full glasses) of whiskey every night and add six pack of tall cans on friday and saturday. Then I hit some kind of bottom where I felt like shit all the time, wasn't doing anything and just generally hated myself, which was a self perpetuating cycle. I remember I had really bulbous nips and I was incredibly embarrassed about it. So I started working out and drinking less and less, then the calorie counting finally forced me to "quit". Also, I was working a shit job and I quit, which definitely helped. When you're more in control of your life, you sort of not get the urge to drink after a while. I'll still drink from time to time when I'm with people at a bar or something. It's kind of exciting actually, like meeting an old friend you had forgotten about, but then I go right back to working out and I always include whatever I drank in my calorie counter. That way if, let's say, my friends from another city come up and visit me and we go out and have six pints and a slice of pizza, I'm fine about it because it's a one time "fuck it" thing, but I also acknowledge that it's bad for me. Anyway, sorry for the wall of text. It's saturday night and I ain't got shit to do. Short answer: it's a discipline you built over time, just like everything else. Plus it's not that hard, all you gotta do is not do something. You can literally do everything else in the world but that one thing, so really it's not a big deal.

pic totally unrelated

>not using glass containers
>not drinking filtered water
>not taking active steps to reduce intake of estrogen

It's like you want that hourglass figure

The more gainz I make the more I'm motivated. Catching up my chest to my shoulders and lats now. Also find that I'm stronger the next day If I'm sober.
I bet you don't even do daily cardio and mire the qt cardiobunnies butts to increase your t-levels

>how did you quit drinking?

I never started. :)

Daily cardio, no, but do cardio every work out (AxBxAxBx...)

Nothing stopping you from going for a walk on lifting days pham.

Oh yeah, that's one thing I forgot, I would be able to lift heavier when I wasn't hungover, which is obvious but kind of took some time to understand. Also, having something important to do in the morning always helps, like a job you care about, lifting or whatever else people do. I had nothing going on for a while, so I would just drink, go to a park to read and eat disgusting food truck food. It was actually a pretty romantic lifestyle like "hey, look at me, I don't play by society's rules" but then I realized I was better off healthy. I also read way faster now that I'm not hungover all the time so yeah, alcohol pretty much kills your physical and mental gains, which gets to be a bummer after a while.

>which is obvious but kind of took some time to understand.
It required some testing for me.
>I also read way faster now that I'm not hungover all the time
I've lost so many morning and full days because of hangovers. That and gainz are my reason to cut down a lot. I find even if I'm just playing vidya it feels like a better use of time then sleeping off hangover #2 that week.

Rest days are usually filled with work, rock climbing, softball, and softball practice.

Challenged myself to not drink for 30 days as my addiction was getting worse. Day 8 now. Feeling a lot better already physically and mentally although I'd kill to get plastered on beer again.

OP here. Cold turkey never works for me. I end up jittery by tuesday and smashed by wednesday.

Yeah, cold turkey is kinda hit or miss. For me the decision came at a good time as I had been drinking heavily for multiple days in a row which gave me an awful 'im-never-touching-booze-again'-hangover which definitely gave me a wake up call that I had to get my shit straight. Also ironically I was in a pretty good spot mentally due to recent positive events and quit taking my antidepressants.

I should add I couldn't sleep the first 4 days and felt really nervous/uneasy. As my previous post may sound a bit too optimistic.

The best I did was saying to myself I could drink as much as I want just once a week. slippery slope that.

Cool story bro. Wall or not, I found it helpful. Screencapping for posterity.

I really want to hate fuck her.

>Convert to islam

done

I never started. Alcohol destroys families, makes you dumber and less coordinated, permanently damages your brain and body, and impairs gains. The only people who drink are people who need to kill parts of their brains to gain confidence or have "fun".

I wish I never did. My dad was an alcoholic and I didn't even touch a beer until a little after 21 when my girlfriend broke up with me and my friends finally got me to drink. Damn. I wish I went and cried in my room instead.

By not being a sissy fucking bitch. Being drunk isn't even really fun. It's just a stupid cultural meme. There are way better drugs to abuse out there if you actually want to feel something cool. Alcohol is shit tier.

i weaned down to once a week and then slowly changed that to once every 2 weeks and now i haven't drank in over a month.

have discipline

>I never started.

RIP in peace trying to lead a well-rounded, fulfilled life.

Most people have zero issues. That's why alcohol is popular.

Anita, you Veeky Forums now?

I would fuck Anita so damn hard holy shit

I switched to straight liquor. Not shots, just sipping it. Still drinking but less calories. If I'm really cutting, then I just don't drink. Drink water.

I don't lik her at all, but god she's beautiful

... ARe you gay? She has a manly jaw and tumblrhair. Get some standards fucking plebs.

Straight liquor or Mixed drinks with Coke Zero

im taking testosterone and dont want to add anymore strain on my liver

enjoy your moonface women then.

by not having friends to drink with
;_;

I simply didn't drink anymore using this ancient chinese secret called will power.

Literally just stopped.

All of this.

After about 3 months, you don't miss it anymore.

Also, find something else to do/treat yourself.