Starting strength turns you into a t-rex

>starting strength turns you into a t-rex
You fucking wish. You do 15 reps, 3x a week. If you bulk with that few reps you're just going to get fat
>b-but its heavy
Your legs won't grow unless you work them you lazy sack of shit

I've been lifting for ten years, and whenever I'm away from the gym for a while I start back up with 3x5 SS type workouts. My legs definitely grow.

45 squats a week
7.5 deadlifts a week
27.5 bench press a week
27.5 overhead press a week
Power cleans which are too technical for most people to not fuck up

No direct arm work
No direct upper back work
Lower body workload higher than upper body workload

Starting Strength WILL turn you into a t-rex without adjustments or accessories

I fucked up the numbers
22.5 for both bp and ohp

It will not turn you into a Trex with 45 squats a week, you may as well not even go to the gym

Rippetoe recommends specific accessories in the book. They're part of SS. Yes, even curls.

Why don't newfags do 5x5? It is way better than SS imo.

>power cleans
>too technical

Have people on fit never played a sport or done anything in their fucking life?

It's probably even worse
Do 3x5 heavy lifts as normal
Then 3x7-10 accessory (front squat, weighted dip etc)
Pullups every now and then
NOW you'll grow

Veeky Forums is full of weebs and robots who want stuff without actually working for it

>27.5 bench press a week, 27.5 overhead press a week
>more upper than lower
>squats + deadlifts also work upper
>rip advocates chinups and dips as accessory
>SS is literally upper dominant
Retard.

You look like a regular guy why did you make this thread why are you giving advice

Everyone always shouts about the accessories but Rip doesn't explain shot about how to fix his routine by putting in the accessories yourself.

Considering this is a plan aimed towards rank novices with no idea what they are doing, it is unsurprising that these beginners then don't put in the much needed accessories into the routine.

They then follow Rip's routine to the letter, and ruin their gains. Hopefully they didn't buy the book and pay to be confused and misled.

>Did SL, which is another "T-rex" programme
>Recently had a 4 year relationship
>Guy at my work called John who compliments my ass and gets some of the girls in on it too

I wish it was a meme, guys.

You need to do pullups you stupid faggot and add arm work. You didn't do any of the accessories.

See what I mean?

I don't know starting strength or SL I just assume when people complain about not getting results they haven't actually done any work.

The easiest way to get a novice good is just to teach them the big lifts and some dumbbell exercises and have them go ham four times a week.

>rank novices
>much needed accessories

You're an idiot. Better get a guy who can't squat 150kg on curls right away!

people turn into amorphous blobs on SS because they neglect or outright ignore warmup sets and do not maximise weight for their working sets.

starting strength along with it's dietary advice is not a good program to give people who are literal starters with no knowledge of what exertion / sports feels like and no guidance from other people / trainers.

Who would even do this? SS starts you at 0 with the fucking bar

No it doesn't

Show me where SS suggests you start with only the bar. I'll do curls while I wait.

>I just assume when people complain about not getting results they haven't actually done any work.
Bingo

What I never understood, why don't all those ss fags just incorporate some additional lifts in their programm?

Only autists who lurk places like Veeky Forums do SS and similar strength programs. Just look at all the fat, skinnyfat and skelly loners who hog the squat racks. They think they're elitists because they skwat, deadlift and do The Press™ while they actually look like shit.

Meanwhile Chad and all the other guys who actually look like they lift do bro-splits with rep ranges from 8-15 and laugh at the SS autists.

Thanks for the "doesn't even lift" perspective on two groups of people who actually lift.

>you can only do squats or arm work

>never both, you'd better just not work arms beyond some pullups occasionally

>muh recovery, muh strength gains

nice cock gains

I get the impression you can't do a pullup.

It takes so long to recover from squats you'd better just skip training half your other muscles, right?

I can do several, because I didn't do SS.

You must have used all the time you spent not reading SS to train them