Muay Thai Thread

Thread dedicated to the best martial art.

One shot to the head and your dead

Nothing personnel kid

>guy comes at your girl with a knife

wat do

One shot to your head and you're dead

heh, nothing peronal, kid

How is Muay Thai the best martial arts? A grappler would win 7/10 times

Depends also on situation, street fights are fast and a muay thai fighter could keep distance between them with teeps

Can you like shut the fuck up

>like

can you not talk like a 13 year old white girl you faggot like omg

Yeah i want to see when some idiot wrestler takes the fight on the ground and gets headstomped by opponent friends. You NEVER want to go ground on street. Its also uncomfortable to do shit on hard street.

Muay thai is great for night life, because bar fights are almost everytime close range. Just throw elbows and knees.

wanna know how i know you're an americunt?

That's not how you spell 'pipe bomb'

desu, i think pure muay thai is overrated. the foot work sucks, it's heavy and slow, and there's not enough emphasis on punching or head movement. for self defence, thai clinch is good, (though they will be ragdolled by someone who knows judo or greco-roman) as are the knees and elbows, but kicks aren't all that useful except low kicks imo, purely because often you won't have enough room or you'll be wearing jeans which inhibit movement. boxing provides better fundamentals for striking, muay thai is better done if you come from a bixng backgrounf than vice versa.

wrestling teaches you takedowns and throws, it's not bjj.

one good slam to the ground and you're dead, kid.

>wearing jeans

9 year MT guy here. MT is one of the best cardio and full body standup routines you can do. you just wont get strong doing it alone, you will just lose weight. MT completely avoids strengthening the hands and forearms which is essential for real life. lung leg and shin conditioning is great though essp. if you also 20 minute jump rope and 30 min run every day.

>Muay Thai is overrated
Tell that to the entirety of the UFC

Are you really trying to say that wrestling matches don't go to the ground?? Ur a fuckin idiot

>takedowns and throws
>don't lead to being on the ground
Where the fuck does a takeDOWN go????
You've never trained at a real gym before, have you?

holy fucking shit that pic

Boxing and Judo is literally all you need to know.

>bar fights
>winners go to jail, losers go to the hospital
You don't need to train in Muay thai for very long then... learn to clinch, elbow, and knee and pray to God his boyfriend doesn't come up behind you and crack you over the head with a bottle.

do you idiots not know that is a thing

>2016
>thinks muy thai is best

kek, have you never heard of Krav Maga?

Been doing MT for about a year now, great cardio. Gives you plenty of confidence in stand up fights if you apply yourself enough.

>meme maga

kek

is Jiu Jitsu not the best one to do or am i wrong?

Who better to learn to fight than from the jews?

>Fighting in the bar

Is everyone here 21 and under?

You are all so fucking stupid it's unbelievable.

Someone knocks you out, you might go the ground and die/get paralyzed/seriously injured either from the fall or from one of their friends kicking you in the head. Happened to my mates way too many times because they took a few years of MT or BJJ.

Don't be fucking stupid. Only fight when your life is in danger. Defuse the situation if you can. This is what all bouncers are taught and good ones are fucking huge/well-trained in fighting.

-30 year old guy

>even their fighting style is dirty and dishonorable

I prefer to just not fight people because I live around niggers and they're too pussy to fight one on one. I'll get stomped.

The best in the ground, yes.

Because ~80% of Veeky Forums users are American?

There's no rules in a street fight user, no exceptions for the gews

>teleports behind you
All that training... what was it for again?
>draws katakana
>smirks
>cuts you in half

thank god for this savior post
eat it

How would you work Mauy thai training into your routine? If you do chest and arm lifting and then work the bag for a few hours on your next day, isn't that fucking up your rest time for chest and arms?

You have a point, honestly. Traditional thai fighters like to predominately kick and knee each other into oblivion until they are in clinch range. That's why I like what the Dutch have done with their take on the style, incorporating a lot more emphasis on boxing, footwork and attacking the body. Ramon Dekkers my nigs

I actually know a dude who went to Krav Maga training for a couple months and got a round to the neck trying to do one of those disarm maneuvers. It can work, yeah, but only for people who are ready to kill and severely injure someone. imo, for the regular person looking for basic self defense, it's kinda garbage

Fuck yes, I started training in November, really took it dead serious (going 3-4x a week) in late march, and my athleticism and general fitness have gone through the roof. It's also nice to know self defense, kinda backs up the muscles.

Fuck off, Rick Walker.

As much as I love Muay Thai, I had to stop it to bulk. 3500 calories a day is hard enough. With Muay Thai, I'd have to eat like 4500 a day

also, the fact that im on tren will mean that I will run out of breath after 2 seconds and then get clinched into oblivion

Are there any kung fu styles that are good for self defense too?

I think kung fu is cool.

I trained muay thai in pattaya for years. Muay thai is in my opinion the most lethal stand-up style martial arts. Elbows will cut you like butter and their chins are trained so that they dont feel pain. But saying muy thai is the best martial art just means you don't get it. It's like saying the rifle is the best gun. makes you sound autistic.

>kicks aren't useful

obviously have never trained or been kicked by a muay thai fighter,

Batka, are you bulking with duneri?

It is the best, most casuals here don't realize true BJJ is brutal. They only know it for the sport.

what the fuck is that

I was awesome when you were supposed to defend your elephant. fucked like 12 elephans so far

is this high test talk?

Grappling>striking

Daily reminder MT is the most overrated shit ever.
Daily reminder that without Bas Rutten using MT in MMA, no one would even have cared about it.
Daily reminder that a base in karate and/or boxing is always superior to MT.
Daily reminder that boxers eat Nak Muay for breakfast.
Daily reminder that Sanda eats MT for breakfast.
Daily reminder that Thai roundhouses are easy to counter - break a leg, bro.
Daily remidner that all Thais are on huge amount of drugs to cope with the retarded training routine and all fights are fixed in MT.

It's stupid to do just one style.

Yeah those kicks are amazing

Did kung fu for 5years and now muay thai since one year. /asp/ would probably tell you to stay away from kungfu and do boxing/some kickboxing style because of the competitiveness of the sports you will get prooven techniques whereas kung fu has practically no full contact competition. Sanshou would be an exception, but it's striking is practically not distinguishable from other kickboxing styles.

Well, still I had a great time training choy lee fut and wing chun in those 5 years. We had lots of sparring, which is what makes all the difference. Some kung fu schools disregard sparing, which is comparable to a swimming club that only does training in the dry and doesn't go into the water.

Tl;dr: if you want some cool kung fu try out several dojos, see which ones do sparring and are serious about fighting and you are in for a good time

Meant for

I went from MT into Kung Fu, simply because the style I did practiced full contact and defense against multiple attackers with weapons (when you are empty handed)

I guess, all styles are different breh

>ufc is only comprised of muay thai fighter

Don't you have to be stupid sonewhere else user?

Going to a Muay Thai camp in July.
Any advice? I've done western boxing for 3 years and other martial arts when I was younger, never been to a camp tho, any advice ??
CHEERS

>ufc is only comprised of muay thai fighter
Why do you quote something he never said ?
Muay Thai is a MAJOR part in the "lighter" divisions without any doubt.

Muay thai doesnt work if you're not a manlet that weighs like a real man.

I'm 6'2 97 kg, back when i was training it getting kicked by a 5'7 77 kg muay thai manley doesn't.fucking.hurt unless i got hit in the face/neck, and kicks coming from someone my size is too slow

If you are 5'9 and below, go do striking MA, above, do grappling ones.

Sounds a little bit categorical but makes some sense
above all, muay thai remains something extremely fun to do so

/asp/ is basically /wwe/, and those manchildren post new threads so fucking fast that any kind of MA thread dies within a couple of hours.

saw a famous foreign mt fighter get knocked out in a line for a seafood restaurant 3 days ago. kept trying to throw elbows and do that teep gay shit but in real world scenarios the dude just laid him out. i laughed and finished my crab legs before 5pm, because of my insulin shots I can't ingest much by 10pm.

Just checked it out and could not agree more,
Found a link to watch the ufc live tho (I think)

Overtraining is a meme, there's only undereating

>Krav maga

Real fights are mostly clinch range, kickboxing and BJJ won't help you there. Champions martial athletes get their asses kicked on the street all the time.

Pic related is what happenes to BJJ champions in jail.

why is there shit in his pants?

Too much anal penetration. He couldn't hold his shit anymore.

/asp/ is trash that is now literally nothing but wrestling posts, nobody on there is even remotely active or fit either

Boxing is the best. And basically the only useful one in a street fight.

That's what happens when you get assraped by 20+ niggers.

you ever seen wildlife footage where the deer is getting attacked and just straight up shits itself? animals release their bowels sometimes when in fights or fleeing, shit literally happens sometimes

He went for jail for raping a baby, got raped in jail

Normal human response when your SNS is in full effect

Makes you lighter and less desirable to others chasing (mostly animals)

Confirmed best Martial Art,

pic related me on right

Champion martial artist kick street fighters asses all the time. Even amateur fighters kick street fighters asses.

>not multidisciplinary

There is no best one. Also do it for sport or fun or hobby or social contacts. Not for beung the best 'fighter'.