Does lifting stunt growth?

Does lifting stunt growth?

Just squats but unless u r under 5'5 who cares they give u an amazing butt ^^

no it doesn't. even heavy squats wont stunt your growth

As long as you don't break your growth plates. My bro in law has proportionately short legs since he squatted to heavy too early.

bump, there is never a clear answer for this.

Medfag with a master in Nutritional Science here. Short answer, yes. Ones nervous system can only metabolize a fixed amount of nucleotides into muscle fiber. If you lift "big", most cell energies are directed in muscle growth, and your bodies natural vertical growth cycle is put to the way side. At least until those muscle tissues are repaired and a sustainable homeostasis equilibrium is returned to normal. There's some great literature on the subject in the Fairfax Journal of Medicine.

does that mean if they stop lifting they'll start growing again?

nice broscience retard

No. It means that if you are under ~18 you should not lift (as hard), mate.

To all teenagers on this board: Lifting will limit your growth. If you're still looking for some height gains, quit lifting and eat+sleep alot. As soon as you've finished pubrty or reached a proper height, start lifting

you got any evidence to back that up?

Logic. All the proteins will go to your muscles instead of your bones when you lift. Your body will prioritise repairing muscles instead of growing tall. I'm not saying it will completely put a halt to your growth, but it will certainly limit it.

>nobody told you to take HGH as a teenager

RRRREEEEEEE

Just drink more semen then.

>being this much of a gains goblin

>tfw you'll never be able to retrieve those youth height gains

If you want to be a manlet, go for it

these. cry all you want Veeky Forums, lifting heavy while you are young will stunt your growth, end of.

>b-b-but i lifted when i was young and i'm 6'1

then you would have been 6'2 or 6'3 if you didn't lift heavy when you were in your teens, faggot. and those kids who bench 500+ in their teens are on HGH and fuck knows what else, so don't cherrypick examples from them either. the same applies to football players, they are genetically gifted, while you are not. if you're reading this and you're in your teens and you're insecure about your height, leave the heavy squats and deads for a few years. girls your age get wet over the slightest hint of abs and definition anyway, there is no benefit to doing heavy compounds at your age unless you're an athlete.

This needs to be stickied for all those insecure teenagers coming here for advice

are you saying only heavy deads and squats have an effect? how heavy? also, why not take hgh and lift then? are there side effects?

Lifting = destroying muscle tissue

Destroyed muscle tissue needs to be repaired. Reparing muscle tissue will replace growing (for the time that it takes to repair it).

friendly reminder you lose an inch of height throughout the day due to spinal compression and there is nothing you can do to stop it

by that logic though, any sport would stunt it as well.

anything that is going to compress your spine is going to have an effect, so diddlys and squats are the main culprit. how heavy is up to you, you might get some benefits out of doing high rep light sets, but you'll just get """""""toned"""""""" from that

>why take HGH

don't know enough about it to say, most professional wrestlers are/were on HGH iirc, look at them and judge for yourself. someone from /fraud/ is probably much more knowledgeable. it usually changes your facial structure, among other things.

this is true, always measure your height in the morning for maximum ego gains

I'm not talking about stunting, I'm talking about stopping growth.
"Any sport" will take less energy and proteins to repair muscle, just look at marathon runners. Cardio doesn't kill growth too much because you don't build a lot of muscle by it. Bodybuilding does, because it isolates muscles

>I'm not talking about stunting, I'm talking about stopping growth
the difference being?

Oh never mind, I mixed up growth stunt and growth spurt. English is my second language

Looking at it from a biomechanics perspective, wouldn't deadlifts be safe? Squats dangerous yes, but deadlifts don't compress the spine at all.

>master in Nutritional Science
laughingeverybody.jpg

it does, people who do sports too much early in life do get shorter than their potential height

are Brad and Lacey just lesser Chad and Stacey?

>nice bro science
>includes citation: "Fairfax Journal of Medicine"
kek

>masters in nutritional science
Why would you do that to yourself?