Meal prep

So Veeky Forums, do you meal prep? If so, how do you meal prep? What do you use? What recipes do you include and how much do you make for? I'm looking to cut, and I'm a fucking lazy ass so I'm starting up my meal prep again, but I was wondering if there's anything else I could include instead of rice, chicken and green beans every meal, and what you guys do.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vYeJUtMCAzc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I like to season and cook up some chicken tenderloins. Eat that with a sweet potato and Frank's red hot and enjoy. Another go to I have is to cook up some ground turkey for some burrito action

I thought from the thumbnail it was a character select screen.

post diet pls

crock pots nigga

i used to meal prep but having week old chicken that dried out days ago kinda got old, now i just cook it fresh either that day or the day before. plus i love cooking.

You guys might think I'm joking but I actually just boil a lot of chicken and eggs, add some milk and blend it. I just chug on that shit 3 times a day and add some random carbs through the day. I stops being disgusting after a while. I wish I wasn't poor tho

>it hurts but i do it for the gains

How do you prevent food getting moldy?
I can't store rice longer than 3 days until it tastes like shit.

Oatmeal
Eggs
Turkey
Tuna

Every day

healthy carbs my ass. that shit is all sugar once cooked.

OPs picture is probably 2 days worth of meals.
Just get on my special blend my friend
>boiled chicken
>boiled eggs
>milk
>banana*
>olive oil*
>peanut butter*
Blend that shit nice and good and drink it ,son. Forget about solid meals altogether

*: Optional, for wealthy men

I respect your determination, autist

I just eat a bunch of protein bars. Turns out they are cheaper than real food in the long run. Also they are fortifide with what my body needs tonstay healthy. This message brought to you by pure protein.

I am on a low carb, high protein diet and I am only eating 1,600 calories a day.

I see a lot of meal prep videos where you can do your whole week in a hour. Food always looks bland as fuck. I take several hours cooking and watching tv on sunday night (when shows like family guy and simpsons are on where I want to watch but if I don't pay attention it is not the end of the world.)

Breakfast:
You have seen it a million times, put eggs, meat and veggies in a muffin pan and cook. Goes well with a piece of fruit. Maybe a quest bar.

Lunch/dinner:
I make a big batch of cauliflower rice to go with some of my meals.

Chicken Stir Fry: Buy a bag of stir fry veggies (I try to avoid the ones with too much green beans and corn) But just mix your veggies and meat with some soy sauce/mother sauce and you have a tasty meal. All your protein and vitamins. You can add in more oil if your diet needs it.

Green Curry: Get some green curry paste. I use one can of light coconut milk, 3lb of chicken, bell peppers, bamboo shoots and what ever veggies I have on hand. Use chicken stock for extra liquid volume.

Tikka Marsala: Just cut up 3lb of chicken and season with curry mix and bake. In cook two large onions and some tomato sauce. Add in chicken and veggies like cauliflower or broccoli. Add a little light coconut milk.

Chicken Adobo: to 3lb of chicken add 1 cup light soy sauce and 1 cup rice vinegar. Cut up two chayote. Let cook until meat falls apart.

I also cook up a bunch of mexican flavored turkey patties that I keep in a big container. They are good for a quick snack or broken up over a salad.

Wonder how many days that is supposed to last? Looks like only 4-500 calories per container.

I'm doing a brief summer semester at uni and the dining halls aren't open so I've started meal prepping. I know jack all about recipes, I just know how to cook things, so it's been interesting. Breakfast is always oatmeal and two eggs, so lunch is something that I prep a week in advance

So far what I've come up with is:
- Brown rice, chicken, kale
- Brown Rice, Vegetarian Chili (black beans, corn, tomatoes, etc)
- Brown Rice, black beans, corn, chicken, all mixed with tika masala sauce

Basically I just try to mix rice with something. I have sriracha if it doesn't taste good. I'm trying to expand and find what spices work better

good job describing what a carbohydrate is: a long chain of sugar.

how are they cheaper in the long run?

>olive oil
>good fats
kill yourself pls

I hope you are memering

Nice post ty

erryday at uni
pic related

looks good desu

(op here) im basically on the same amount of calories as you, so this is a big help, thanks

>adobo

ayy puta

looks delish. I'm jelly.

I generally meal prep by going into the kitchen and making some food then eating it

This YouTube channel is pretty cool if you're struggling for ideas:

youtube.com/watch?v=vYeJUtMCAzc

Just add oats to it and you got your carbs even baked sweet potatos probably tastes fine. Ive heard of bodybuilders who just blend egg whites, chicken and rice.

This is expensive as fuck... I eat about 2400Cals a day/140g protons, and I spend around 75 for the whole week!

if I had to spend 450 dollars a month on food I would kill myself

What are those containers called and where can I get them?

There's some other videos that are much cheaper. If you're not a retard you can substitute some of the meats he uses. It's not like you're never gonna get swole if you don't eat bison meat.

>Breakfast
Peanut Butter Sandwich, low-sugar cereal
>Lunch
Peanut butter sandwich x2
>Dinner
Peanut butter sandwich & frozen pizza

They're called tupperware, and you can get them by smooching the fattest part of my ass.

You should really get glass containers from IKEA or similar place. Much better for the enviroment & for keeping your food safe.

What is this brown stuff?

Ground beef

What are they really called? I want to get them so I can store my rice and chicken

and put my body fat to 5%

It's really called Tupperware. Go to the Tupperware section at the grocery and you'll see some with sections similar to OP.

First time making meals or even cooking.

Each comes out to about 400 calories.

I eat 2100 kcal a day. Lunch is a protein shake and breakfast is oats.

where's the dessert

Not that guy but I use the Ikea Förtrolig stuff. Pretty good because no BPA.

I work alternating 3/4 day weeks and prep for them. Usually it's pretty samey.
Wake up with a cup of coffee.
Breakfast is 2 eggs, can of chicken and cheese with roast broccoli.
Lunch varies. This week is turkey enchilada bowls. Ground turkey, black and pinto beans, rotel, enchilada sauce and cheese.
Dinner is a post workout protein shake.

I try to do it all in one day, easier. Got nice containers on amazon.

Can you give me the run down of whats in that? Looks tasty.

Are you in middle school kiddo

he is probably poor and doesn't know how to cook

maybe you think it's good for frying, even bigger kek

How many cals/prot each?

No clue, havent even started working out yet. Just trying to get the habit of entering this board instead of v or b.
baby steps ya know

shredded chicken in a blender just sounds gross to me, i dont know why.

I don't think I could drink juiced bird

>juiced bird

Keked

>yet

Dude what's keeping you? All it takes is to start!

>I enjoy the taste of disgusting dry reheated food because I'm too lazy to make food every day

how do you have the discipline to go to the gym but not the discipline to cook delicious food every day?

pants on head retarded

Just procrastinating it and coming upp with bullshit excuses and doing it half hearted. But thanks gonna do a good session today!

If you could get any gains this way, I would lift for five hours straight once a week.

Good for you Halmstad Baby! You've started on the path of natty health but here are a few pointers:
Try to go for more greens. A good rule of thumb is to have more vegetables than cooked pasta or starch. It fills you up but is not energy dense. Whole-wheat pasta is also another way to reduce the calories a tiny bit. Chicken is one of the best protein sources you can get so stay with it but a creamy egg or some tasty tuna is also good if you want to mix it up. Keep it up!

Stop being nice, it's not allowed here dontchaknow

in what fucking universe is that even close to 400 calories?

you have at least a cup of rice, if not more, which is 250+ calories

are you trying to tell me all that meat+veggies is 150 calories? because if you are, you're retarded

don't just guess your calories you fucking retard

Each one of those is an entire day's worth of food for me.

Hahahaha omg the autism here is off the charts. I was wondering who would buy Tom Bradys nutrition book and now I know.

Sorry about that, I forgot that this was internet.
*ahem*
fuck off newfag we don't care about you, gynos not welcome and tits or gtfo.

Trump 2016

>how are they cheaper in the long run?

opportunity cost of time.

I'm looking at prepping week worth of food on Sundays, what can I prepare with chicken breast that I could freeze or keep in fridge and it could last for a week?

I'm guessing most carbs and veggies wouldn't last or wouldn't tolerate freezer.

Dean?

You eat 400 cals a day?

You're wrong. All of them last a week if rehaeted, ans all of the tolerate freezer!

My bad, I swear I read somewhere that rice and veggies can't really be frozen.

I'm not expecting a good taste, I don't care to tell you the truth, I just want to know that after coming home from work and gym at 7 pm, I'll have a meal ready and waiting.

What veggies are suggested? So far I was thinking of steaming broccoli

I made brown rice, roast kabocha squash and steamed broccoli for this week. Really anything works just let the food cool before putting the lid on and refrigerating

HOnnestly everythnig can be put in a freezer... Broccoli, green beans, cauliflewer, zucchini, cooked tomatos... The rice becomes kinda sponge like so I try to avoid freezing it, but you can keep it 5 days in the fridge if you rehaet it enough (provided you don't have any immunity problems). You can also use cheackpeas, white/red/black beans, lentils... I gues potatoes and sweet potatoes, as well as carrots work too.

you could try and blend that shit raw then bake it into some sort of a meatloaf,

>gainzloaf

Looks closer to 800 calories. Recheck your numbers dude, make sure you arent over-consuming

Yeah... I just cook a huge batch, rice in the pot and all then just space it out over 7 days. Entire thing is bout 3.5-4000, so like 5-600kcal per serving. (for dinner, breakfast and lunch is one slice of lean turkey rye and a fruit, both meals average about 200kcal each, landing me at about 1000 for the day)

Gonna need to increase this shit though, not feeling very healthy after almost 7 months. Worked wonders, cut wise, but still.

Fucking bread , I am never gone make it.

Bread's fine, faggot, anything's fine in moderation.

>protein bars being cheaper than chicken
nigga pls

Thanks a lot man ill remember that!

I used 2 cups of rice in total bro.

Half a chicken breast and veggies are low cal as fuck.

>just let the food cool before putting the lid on and refrigerating

why?

I buy all my stuff on Sunday but cook it each day. food tastes like shit if you cook it, refrigerate it, then heat it up.

What do you guys do to give the chicken flavor?

If you put the lid while it's still steaming that'll bulk up hot air and make it longer to cool down in your fridge, heating the products it's stored next to.

>sear
>simmer with veggies in sauce to make a stew

Works with any kind of meat, really. I use pork quite frquently, cheapest meat there is and ironically quite lean.

i just boil a shit ton of eggs throughout the day and keep them in the fridge, usually alongside whatever veg i'm making

i only buy frozen veg cause it's cheap. doesn't it go really shitty (well, even shittier) if you cook and then store it a while?

>I used 2 cups of rice in total bro.

you think 2 cups of uncooked rice is how you count your calories for rice?

ahaHAHAHahahhaHAHAhahahHAHAhahaHAHahahaHAHAhahahahaHAHahahaHAHahahAHAHAHA

Dunno about you lad, but the packing states how much kcals are in the uncooked rice. Water doesn't add calories to it.

when will you gymlets ever learn? chad litterally eats pizza day in and day out while your fat ass starves itself trying to achieve what chad was born with.

not only that chad looks a millian times better then you. while eating pizza. why do you even bother?

is this one of those autistis I've read so much about?

Then you have the most retarded packaging on the planet. Maybe it has a separate number for kcals in the cooked rice, but for the most part 1/4 cup of cooked rice will run you somewhere in the 140-160 calories range.

This and moist warm food is breeding ground for bacteria. I can keep rice for a week or more just fine but I let it cool off first

Sam?

lrn2cook. Some things like chili taste better after a day or two. Gotta let the flavors mellow and shit

>the packaging lists the calorie count for uncookd rice
>he thinks boiling that same amount in fucking water magically adds calories

forgot your ritalin tonight, didn't you?

I like to sit down at the end of the week with a plan of what I'll eat, and cook that throughout the week.
I think I'd get mighty tired of picking out premade meals from the freezer and microwaving them for a week.

It's awesome for when you get home late from work or whatever and you have something ready to heat up. Especially if you eat rice. Ain't nobody got 45min to cook some rice when you're starving

Wew just made.

Just a spicy chicken breast mince and rice, nothing special

I suppose that much is true. How well does the food keep?