youtube.com/watch?v=_drttm5r66A
growthstimulustraining.com/trial.pdf
fitsticky.com/texas-method
fitsticky.com/intermediate-programs
fitsticky.com/intermediate-programs/
fitsticky.com/starting-strength
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

the other one is literally still on the front page

What routine would you recommend so that my body never looks like Isley's?

That's all about the diet, not the routine.

It's at 306 out of 310 posts.
Just putting this up a bit earlier because when people ask for feedback when the thread is so close to the bump limit, their post ends up getting buried with the thread and they never get a response.

So having a fresh thread helps.

But I'm sure you know how Veeky Forums threads work, right?

Fuck off with these threads already

Between the two routines which is better primarily for aesthetic goals?

1 gives preference to getting all my assistance lifts in during the week, and working each muscle group every workout,
2 gives me fewer assistance lifts per week but added frequency of certain compound lifts/muscles on weeks when an A or B workout repeats (typical of SS/SL)
Note 5/3/1 works best for me because I'm cutting, and stalled on SL long ago.

Routine 1:
AxBxCxx

A
Deadlift 5/3/1
OHP 5/3/1
Lat pulldown 5x6
dip 4xF
hammer curl 6x6/4x8

B
BP 5/3/1
hang clean 5x3
db row 5x6
Cable fly 4x9
Triceps rope pushdown 4x9
Db side raise 4x9

C
SQUAT 5/3/1
high pull 5x5
Incline db bench 5x6
curl 6x6
tricep overhead extension 6x6
facepull 3x10

Routine 2:
A1xB1xA2xx
B1xA1xB2xx

A1/A2
Deadlift 5/3/1 (3x5 deloaded on A2)
OHP 5/3/1 (3x5 deloaded on A2)
hi pull 5x5 (A1) / facepull 4x8 (A2)
lat pulldown 5x6
Incline db bench 5x6
dip 5x6 (A1) / tricep overhead extension 6x6 (A2)

B1/B2
Squat 5/3/1 (3x5 deload on B2)
BP 5/3/1 (3x5 deload on B2)
db row 5x6
curl 6x6 (B1) / hammer curl 6x6 (B2)
chest fly 6x6
side raise 6x6

Please let me know.

you fuck off summer

>20 minutes on stairmaster
>15 minutes stretching
>5x10 "leg machines"
>5x10 "back machines"
>6x15 stomach crunch machine
>7x10 bicep curl machine
>3x15 leg extensions
>3x15 leg curls
>3x15 leg presses
>3x20 barbell curls
>3x20 bent-over lateral raises
>3x20 lat pulldowns
>3x20 pulley rows
>3x20 deadlifts
>3x20 bent-over barbell rows
>3x20 incline bench press
>3x20 lateral raises
>3x20 seated dumbbell press
>3x20 cable pushdowns
>3x20 close-grip bench press

AxxAxxx

wut da fuk
no man

fuck off degenerate faggot.

Before oe after 2000 crunches

How do I know if I've "plateaued" on a lift? I've been doing SS for 4 months and my squat won't go up anymore. I've read the getting unstuck part of the sticky. All my other lifts seem to be going up but they are much lower than my squat. I still eat and sleep plenty and I've tried deloading several times now but my squat just won't go past a certain point. If all my other lifts are going up what should I do? Should I move onto a different routine?

nigga wat

read the sticky before you die

Sounds like yiuve plateaued

Are you american, psycho?

I pray for the return of leansley, he looks like a pale partially-melted wax sculpture of himself at what, 105kg? I'm pretty sure that's his most recent weight. Pls tell him to go back

no bullying

Where are you from trappy ?

Kill yourself.
Oh wait, your routine is gonna do just that.
Carry on.

he's from brazil. seems to be the epicenter for trap degeneracy for some reason.

I really doubt that. Brazil can't lift for shit.

>Deadlift 3x20

Keep it up buddo

He can't either.

He's making good progress on his lifts though.
I think that matters more to him.

I'd go with #2, but lowering all the accessories to 3 sets instead of 5 and 6. Specially since you're cutting.

>How do I know if I've "plateaued" on a lift?

When you fail the rep goal for 2 or 3 workouts.

You can keep doing SS and just do TM for the squats. That's what people usually do when training with Rip, from what I've seen.

Basically you do Squat 5x5 using 80-90% of your 5RM on A
Then you can do Paused Squat 2x5 (3-5s pauses) using 70-75% of your 5RM on B
Then you do Squat 1x5 or 2x3 100%+2kg on C

Brazil.

It's from the American Psycho book.

Can you tell me why you pick 2 over 1?
Also I prefer the low reps and keeping the sets higher, especially after that graph you post shows doing only 4 sets is not optimal. But thank you

Trappy chan can you recommend me a 4 day routine that is not a powerlifter routine?

Ss plus gomad

I looked thru some of the routines in the sticky, none of them really have hypertrophy. You talk about hypertrophy being a meme basically; idk how I feel about this.
My question is this, what routine should I be doing after I finish my strength program if I want to focus on gaining mass and preserving strength?

How's my routine? Novice lifter doing a modified Greyskull LP (3rd set is always to failure)

A

Bench 3x5
Side Lateral Raises 3x8
Barbell Row 3x5
Lunges 3x10
Bicep/Hammer Curl 3x8

B

Deadlift 1x5
Weighted Chinups 3xF
OHP 3x5
Lunges 3x10
Skullcrushers 3x8

I do lunges instead of squats because of bad knees

Just do 3x8-12 and dont squat every day. Also use dumbbells

Do 10x10 on everything

You're better off doing 6x6 or 4x9.

Alright, Trappy. Listen here.

I don't know what it is about you that I don't like, but it's definitely something. It's that kind of feeling when you just hate someone's stupid face, only I haven't seen yours. Everytime you post, I die a little inside.

But I'm going to be honest with you, I was on the Texas method and wasn't seeing much progress, I started one of your modified TM routines on the sticky and my lifts have been going up and I've noticed some serious gains.

So fuck you, Trappy. Fuck you for making me hate you just a little bit less.

>Can you tell me why you pick 2 over 1?

Higher frequency on the main lifts.

>especially after that graph you post shows doing only 4 sets is not optimal

Keep in mind the main compounds work many of the muscle groups you will be hitting again with the accessories.
For instance, if you do the 4-6 sets of each accessory, you will be hitting your anterior delts with 13-15 sets, your pec major with 13-15 sets, and your triceps with 13-16 sets on A. Sure not all sets are 100% intensity for each of those muscles, but that's still a fuckton of volume regardless. Same sort of deal for your back, traps, and posterior delts.

You can keep doing high volume for the accessories if you're handling well and recovering well. Your preference I guess. Though keep in mind that's far into diminishing returns for someone bulking, and can easily become straight up detrimental for someone cutting.

Have you read the "Routine tips" section on fitsticky.com/novice-programs ?

Don't listen to Do the OHP before the DL on B.
The rest is ok I guess, considering you can't squat.

You might wanna try subbing the lunges for split squats though. I personally prefer them, and they're very easy on the knees youtube.com/watch?v=eZsE_TTrQBA

Could you please explain why I might wanna OHP before DL? I was always under the impression that you should DL at the start of a workout when you have the most energy.

I'll try the split squats.

OHP is more sensitive to fatigue as the muscles involved are much smaller.

And the OHP will fatigue you a lot less than the DL. Less muscles involved, much lighter weights. And the muscles involved here are not of big importance for the DL.

So basically if you wanna focus on both lifts to a similar level, do the OHP first.

If you don't care much for the OHP and just wanna get the DL up then yeah do it first.

Btw, if your grip is tired from the DLs when you go do the chinups, you can use hookgrip or straps. Makes it a lot easier to manage.

I'm happy to hear that. Hope you can keep progressing far without much trouble.

If you need any help with anything I'm always around here.

I'm about to start the regime from the sticky, but I don't have a gym buddy to work out with. Can I do all these exercises safely without a spotter?

pic unrelated

Yes. The bench press may an issue when you get heavy on it. But you can also do it in a power rack and use the safety catches

Sweet, thanks.

How's my routine? I've been doing it for 7 months and trying to decide if I should switch to PPLxPPL or just stick with this.

5Day Split all 8-10 reps unless specified

Day 1: Chest
Flat Bench Press
Incline Bench Press
Decline Bench Press
Dumbbell Flyes
Cable Crossover
Chest Pullover

Day 2: Back
Deadlift 3x6-8
Pull Ups
Seated rows
Pen lay rows
Dumbbell Rows
Lat Pulldown
Seated Dumbbell Shrugs

Day 3: Shoulders
Dumbbell Shoulder Press
Arnold Presses
Side Raises
Front Raises
Reverse Flies

Day 4: Legs
Half squat 3x6-8
Leg Press
Lunges
Leg Extensions
Leg Curls
Calf Raises

Day 5:Arms
Close Grip Bench Press
V bar Tricep Extensions
Skull Crushers
Pull Downs
Bicep Barbell Curls
Alternative Dumbbell Curls
Preacher Curls
Reverse Grip Curls

Yes.
First: Visit fitsticky.com/how-to and make sure you watch and learn how to perform the main lifts.

For the squat you can:
- use a rack with safeties youtube.com/watch?v=LJ6SsRsOll8
- use bumpers plates and learn to drop them if you fail a set youtube.com/watch?v=kAZi2qtLMYE
- if none of those two are available, and you can't ask anyone in the gym for a spot, then just don't go close to failure.

For the bench you can:
- use a rack with safeties youtube.com/watch?v=FQzzkGU5hGA
- roll the bar to your hips and deadlift or power clean it back up youtube.com/watch?v=fEUvI8Q6JDk
- don't use clips and lower the bar to your chest and drop the plates to the sides youtube.com/watch?v=XGkRDcMeSTY
- NEVER TRY TO RACK THE BAR BACK WITHOUT LOCKING YOUR ELBOWS FIRST. If you couldn't lock the elbows, lower it back to the chest and roll it, drop the plates, or let it rest on the safeties. DO NOT TRY TO RACK IT.
- I can't emphasize the point above enough.

For the deadlift you can:
- literally just deadlift

For the OHP you can:
- literally just OHP

For the Power Clean you can
- Just lower the damn bar youtube.com/watch?v=_drttm5r66A

You can log your progress on websites like symmetricstrength.com or strengthstandards.co
Have fun!

Forgot to include that they are all 3 sets also

Thanks bro.

anything wrong here?

No deadlifts?
C'mon senpai

That's fine and dandy but the real question is how many scoops you are taking

oh right. true dat. I've avoided them due to limited space in the gym I'm at

Noob here. How does this work to train barbell curl and dumbbell curl three times a week? Can your body really recover that fast? Same with dips on A (triceps/chest) and bench on B?

have not shit tier chest genetics

>How does this work to train barbell curl and dumbbell curl three times a week?

Exactly how it is written.

>Can your body really recover that fast?

Yes, it can and does.

>Same with dips on A (triceps/chest) and bench on B?

Yes, again.

Basically dude, you're going to be sore from the previous workout in the first few weeks and then you'll find that this isn't the case so much as you progress. This is a really solid, proven beginners program, too.

Thanks, I guess I associated soreness with not being able to train again.

I get it, but don't think like that. That train of thought will let you talk yourself into skipping workouts and that's a no-no. This routine gives you plenty of rest days. Keep your diet on point, get decent sleep and remember to do those good warmup sets. I used to do 60% x5, 70% x5, then my 3 working sets.

can confirm, Reg Park's 5x5 program is what I started out on way back when

it's definitely not a meme program, but I'd recommend working out 3 days a week rather than doing ABABABx as a beginner

you can just as easily make gains on AxBxAxxBxAxBxx, and even past that you'd need a real reason to go beyond 4 days/week even as a novice-advanced lifter tbph

That makes a lot of sense, thanks

Isn't that what the graphic says or am I not understandind?

lmao

Can't do any upper body stuff for 6 weeks. Any routine with leg machines that I can do in the mean time?

my brain stopped working for a second, it's definitely ABA - BAB

What do you guys think about GST? ...

growthstimulustraining.com/trial.pdf

>admire muscly men
>tailor health and fitness so you can get fucked by a muscly man
>instead of becoming a muscly man and jacking off

why did you pick the hard way trappy?

The GST was, in my opinion, the worst economic decision of the Howard Era. This single tax has allowed proper, Australian producers and manufacturers to be overtaken by communist Chinese, Vietnamese, Yanks, Koreas, etc. Since the introduction of this tax, not one, not two, not three, but ALL FOUR car factories in this great country have closed or have begun to close. Why is this? Increased manufacturing prices as a result of the introduction of the GST.

Hi I'm kinda new to these threads, so sorry if i get names wrong and sound like a super DYEL and formatting my routine but i'm looking for advice.
Started cutting about 3 months ago slowly going down I'm at 153lbs rn but losing a lot of strength in my lifts.
Usually I do
Monday - Chest:
5x5 bench
1-2 rep out sets on a plate afterwards
3x12 incline bench (at lower weight of course)
3x25 tricep pull downs
3x 25 tricep pulldowns (on this other machine we have)
3x 25 dumbbell curls.

Tuesday- Legs :
5x5 Squats
1-2 rep out sets on a lower weight afterwards
3x6 deadlifts

Wednesday - Back :
3x25 Shrugs
3x12 Bent over two arm long bar row
3x12 Lat pull down Machine
3x12 Lat (sitdown?) Machine
3x12 Kroc Rows (with dumbells)

Then on thursday I'd do chest again, friday legs, and weekends off. When monday rolls around I'd do Back since I did legs last. Thus repeating the cycle. I also play basketball with friends at the park for cardio for around 2 - 3 hours sometimes a little more if there's nothing else to do.

What do you guys suggest for improving my routine? Is it fine the way it is? How will I look if I keep this up?

> I've seen you around trappy so, I'd like some of your input as well. Thankyou!

forgot to add!
My goals are to finally look like a normal aesthetic as possible person.
I turned 18 not too long ago and I'm 5'4 king of manlets status rn, but after being overweight for most of my life I've really enjoyed making progress and going to the gym.
I started around 8 months ago, and did some random ass program my gym buddy made up and went from 180lbs to 153.
I still have a pretty good amount of fat for my size so please keep my goal in mind when helping !!
Thanks so much!

>growthstimulustraining.com/trial.pdf
same shit repackaged.

Trapedy Trap Trap I need your help.

My friend is looking to get into lifting but no matter how hard I try to convince him he's got it in his head that barbells are a death trap. He's convinced he can still get aesthetic using just dumbbells, maybe a few machines. I'm suppose I'm asking, what's a good full body routine I can recommend him then using just the above? Bonus question: can he still 'make it'?

It's funny. It's meant to be a gym buddy thing but I just picture us doing separate routines altogether kek. Tfw.

Turn it into a competition between the two of you. I'm sure he'll come around.

2-5 sets per exercise
65-75% of my 1RM
Every set 1-3 reps from failure, depending on how far into the meso I am

how can I up the volume for benching on SS?

Lol that sounds like fun. Only time will tell dearest user.

god damn the degenerate faggot is stalking Isley creepy af

>stalking

They're friends dude

Quite a novice, can I get my routine checked?
I feel like it's not enough for me or I'm doing this wrong.
And before you say something about OHP not being there, I can't, the gym ceiling is too low for me.

Weight 90 kg
Height 192 cm

AxBxAxx
BxAxBxx

A
Squat 3x5 (110kg)
Deadlift 1x5(127.5kg)
BenchPress 3x5-8 (70kg)
Incline BP 3x6-12
Chin Up 6xF (PR is 8 reps in a set)
Barbell Curls 3x8-12
Lateral raises 3x8-12

B
Squat 3x5
Barbell Row 3x5 (77.5kg)
Seated Dumbbell Shoulder Press 4x5( 48kg total)
Close Grip Bench Press 3x8-12
Pullups 6xF(PR is 7)
Dumbbell Shrugs 3x8-12

On Mondays and Fridays at the end of workout:
Standing Calf Raises 6x8-12
Planks 3xF

On wednesdays
Barbell Hammer Curls 3x8-12

Looks ok to me. I usually suggest barbell shrugs with heavy weights instead of DB shrugs, but if you don't access to a power or squat rack where you can rest the bar on, then DBs are fine.

Oh, and do the bench before or after the Squat on A. Don't do it after the squat and deadlift, you'll be too tired.

If you're having issues progressing, read the "Getting stuck and getting unstuck" section on fitsticky.com/novice-programs

Well, technically, he can get "aesthetic" just with DBs and machines. He won't get strong though.
Maybe use symmetricstrength.com to track your strength progress, and keep showing it to him as you get stronger. Might motivate him to try, specially since he realises how long it takes him to notice any improvement, while you'll see gains every session.

Start by reading the "routine tips" section on fitsticky.com/novice-programs
And take a look at the programs in that page and on fitsticky.com/texas-method and fitsticky.com/intermediate-programs

Can you squat? Can you deadlift? If so, look at Candito's or Nuckol's programs on fitsticky.com/intermediate-programs

If it's only machines, then I'm sure you can just come with something up for yourself.

Yes, just make sure you're eating and sleeping well. Specially the eating part.

Are you on roids? No judgement, just need to know.

Start by reading the "routine tips" section on fitsticky.com/novice-programs

Another noob here. Does this cover the entire body or will certain parts grow stronger than others? I have time to do full body routines too but that's probably a waste as a noob

No, that's a well balanced program. Probably too balanced, even.

What if I want to deadlift and squat everyday, but never realky max out. Like, I add weight to the bar for 4 workouts, then take some of the weight in a deload and keep adding from there? (4 steps foward, three steps back, etc ). I'm a beginner btw

b-but abs

fitsticky.com/intermediate-programs/

Hi there trappy, I can recall you were powerlifting trainer. So not a routine question but I hope you can help me. Since probably you seen this.

I fucked up my chest somehow, It is like overloaded so when I try to do bench press I feel my right chest like numb, it do not hurt but it can not do the usual pushing power.

In fact I have a 90 kg bench and now I only can bench 60 because of the "weak" right chest.

What do I do?, I do not want to take a rest from my benchpress schedule, so I dont know if I should be lifting but with less weigh.

Thanks!!

Do you feel anything besides numbness? Is the numbness only on the chest?
Are you taking any drugs/medication?

thanks for your answer, no drugs no medication.

Yeah it is on the chest, in fact after that I went to do diddylift with 160 kg like nothing.

But yesterday I tried to do pushups after running and it didnt hurt but I definetly could feel the right part of my chest underperforming.

Also now I can feel like the right chest is pumping

I like this routine a lot, what would I swap out for OHP? I'm getting really fucking bored of SL and want something to give me more size rather than strength. Would this accomplish that?

My Deadlift is worse than my Squat, is that normal?
I see a lot of ppl with better squat than DL, is there anything I can do to improve? I am doing trappys SS.

How can I achieve this physique? I can train 3x p/ week...

It may be a cardiac condition or one of your nerves is getting entrapped (likely at the spine)

See a doctor.

Have you done the initial part of SS where you increase your deadlift 3x per week?
fitsticky.com/starting-strength

Trappy notice me

Lots of crunches to burn tummy fat and tone abs, lots of bench press, but only to 90 degrees arm angle or you'll hurt your shoulders and lots of bicep curls to get big arms

trappy I cant do more than 3 pull-ups and I came across with this program and it seems good.

There is a better way? Also, wich is a good warm up for this.

Love the new sticky. Can you add more muscles references? like a mini atlas o something like that?

Either trainn and diet you`re ass off for several years.
Or use roids

Bench press
Barbell row
Deadlift / Squat alt.
Lateral raises
Curls + Tricep extensions

Bench press
Barbell row
Squat / Deadlift alt.
Lateral raises
Curls

Bench press
Barbell row
Deadlift / Squat alt.
Lateral raises
Curls + Tricep extensions

Hey sorry for the long post, I'm thinking about an intermediate 3day fullbody routine with an upper-body emphasis especially on thick neck, traps and arms for dat "power look"
I don't really like the programs on fitsticky.com (nothing personal against you trappy cutie) and what is general recommended here so I reasearched a bit and try to build my own. I came up with this, inspired a bit by Justin Lasceks beginner program. Its a weekly strength progression with fluff work for volume on these specific "show-muscles":

>Day1
OHP 3x5
Squat 3x5
weighted Chinup 3x5
Superset1: Barbell Curls + Hammer Curls 3x10
Superset2: Powershrugs + Facepulls 3x10
Neckextensions 4x25

>Day2
Bench 3x5
Deadlift 1x5
Barbell Row 3x5
Superset1: Skullcrusher + Triceps-pushdown 3x10
Superset2: Dumbell Shoulder Press + Side Laterals 3x10
Abs

>Day3
Close Grip Bench 3x5
Front Squat 3x5
weighted Pullup 3x5
Superset1: Barbell Curls + Hammer Curls 3x10
Superset2: Power Shrugs + Facepulls 3x10
Neck extensions 4x25

Progression on the mainlifts follows Lasceks 3x5, ascendending, 3x3, etc. scheme...

What do you think?

I'm unemployed, bored and thinking about starting to roid.

talk me out of it, guys.

Good PPL routine? Can I substitute barbell rows for chin ups in pull day?

Roids are expensive and you don't have a job.

The fuck? What's Isley's bf% there? Also is that Asian twink his bf?

user that asian twink is our admin.

at least 10,right ?
cmon you gotta do at leeeeast 10