Bench press is a meme

Except for powerlifting purposes, flat barbell bench press is a meme with minimal benefit for aesthetics
Prove me wrong

just like SS dude, hence trex mode

I can't user as I 100% agree as the Flat Bench Press is nothing but a shit ego lift.

Flat Bench Press is shit for chest development and the Incline Press or the Dumbbell Bench Press are far superior alternatives.

I can't bench well and my chest isnt strong at all so I agree with you

Id rather do push ups for chest.... push ups till you cant even do 1.
Superior to any chest workout, except maybe DB.

Why is dumbbell bench superior to barbell?

prove yourself right you tard

the burden of proof is on the one who makes a claim

Better activation because your ROM isn't restricted by the bar path

Better chest development/hypertrophy

show me one scientific study that proves this

Arnold Schwarzenegger

Did flys so wide the DBs would touch the floor and has said himself that this stretch was one of the most important chest building movements

Not even bothering to really read the topic. Switched to dumbbells exclusively and I feel like it's helping my physique tremendously. I might switch back or incorporate barbell bench in the future when I'm more focused on muh strangth.

Nigger do the exercise and think about it for even a second. At least for aesthetic gains

t. man who just failed his 185x5
You'll progress user

heres your scientific proof

Why not both?

broscience idiots

Because dyels can't bench shit for weight and blame that on their lack of chest. Barbell bench is by far the best for chest/triceps.

it's jack-of-all-trades lift for upperbody
good for everything but it isn't the best for anything

however it's your fault for not supplementing it with fly-type or db bench type movement

doing dbs only is a mistake since you cannot overload and dumbbells are often stepped in lb increments, so you'd have to increase your working w8 by 10lb if you want to progress

>all the dyels hating on flat bench
get to 270-280 for 6-8 reps and see for yourself

read Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe

>you cannot overload and dumbbells are often stepped in lb increments
Isn't this why most people do dumbbells in hypertrophy ranges like 8-12? Once you get to x solid sets with good form at 12 reps bump the weight up to the next weight option and reset your reps back to 8.

Personally I like to do an additional set of a lighter weight that makes up the missed number of reps from the 8 to 12 (for example, if I did 4 sets of 10 reps totally in at 40 reps I would pick a weight that I think I could do an extra set of 8 (48 - 40).

>retards arguing wich one is better
>tfw I start my chest days with barbell benchpress and then followup with DB bench

Maximum gains, I don't understand why you refer to them as exercises that can't be done on the same workout.

arnold also said you should drink beer instead of milk.
as much as i respect him i wouldnt take advice from him

how about giving me a page number or paragraph instead of just saying "read x book" like a fucking dweeb

Rate my push day fellas, I don't OHP atm because my bench is weak as fuck so focusing on that right now

Flat Barbell Bench, 2x5,1x5+
Incline Dumbbell Bench, 3x8-12
Lateral Raise, 4x10-12
Tricep Isolation, 3x8-12
Cable Crossover, 3x12-15

Add OHP after bench and do lower intensity then?

Post your non chest

This

Do Barbell flat bench then incline then db bench and shut the fuck up the lot of you.

Meme.

>training like arnold To look like arnold

fuck off you hideous cock wrangling half-man troglodyte

good ad hominem, but no, you're retarded

I can't bench for shit and it doesn't really develop my chest but it does give me triceps development somehow.

>hideous cock wrangling half-man troglodyte

kek that owg vs plg pic

Yes, because a couple pictures of ONE gook manlet that is doing benchpress somehow makes a point or an argument, you fucking autistic tranny whiteknight.

You're absolutely correct. Push press is a far superior method of measuring physical strength.

You're not doing it right.

Drop the weight, and slow down your eccentric phase of the exercise to 4 seconds. Make sure your shoulders/scapulae are rotated when doing this.

When lowering the weight, pretend someone is pulling your elbows down to the floor, and only your elbows. You should only really be incorporating your triceps in the bench press at the final portion of the exercise.

Also, i imagine you lockout your arms at the top of the exercise. Stop doing that, it takes tension off the chest.

Never done anything except flat bench press for my chest.

Your point is invalid.

You are right, BB bench sucks, no chest found.

Forgot pic

But I enjoy doing it.

Nice boobies mate.

nice tits buddy

Why not both? Obviously if you do one, the DB is superior since it activates stabilizers and it won't cause uneven development but I do DB Press, BB and Flys.

>Only doing one chest exercise

Because you have to stabilize both sides individually instead of just sort of leaning into both sides of 1 bar.

I'm just starting out gym, but i've already noticed benching with a barbell... doesn't really do anything for my chest compared to pushups i've done before signing up.

>I'm just starting out gym,

there's your problem m80

will it be better for chest once other involved muscles catch up?
i only bench lol1pl8 now

What the fuck is wrong with people? Heavy paused bench is the best chest exercise you can do, everything else is secondary. Learn how to bench properly.

It's always the best for the chest. You're just a noob and haven't got the gains yet.

Well, yeah I tend to do all those things.

Someone said it would not be a full bench press without locking arms.

Thanks, I'll try it. I knew there was something wrong with my bench, I just couldn't find out what exactly. I thought my triceps grew because of dips.

>I can't bench for shit so it's automatically a dumb exercise

Lol benchlets, when will they learn?

This is the stupidest thing I've read all week. Congrats.

same here. i do the db press on the incline

Getting my ohp up led to new bench prs stop being one of those guys faggot

Ha yeah bro research, I just ran some studies with beakers and shit in the gym and it's true DB is better

With retards like this no wonder Veeky Forums is going to shit.

>doesn't really do anything for my chest compared to pushups i've done before signing up
Another classic moron

>chest
wanting a big chest is suppressed gender dysphoria

nice breasts kid