/quitting sugar/

I am literally addicted to sugar (carbs in general). It's hindering my ability to do low-carb or very-low-cal (PSMF).

How the fuck do I quit sugar?

Cold turkey just results in me relapsing.

I literally end up having lucid dreams about sweets and sweaty nightmares about running to the store 2mins before closing time to buy sweets.

>tfw sugar is more addictive than alcohol
what the fuck

Other urls found in this thread:

sugarstacks.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Do you drink a lot of sodas?
Cut them.

>tfw sugar is more addictive than alcohol
they're basically the same

get addicted to hard drugs instead since ur a mentally weak faggot who cannot control yourself. your urges for that sweet sweet nectar will be replaced with a healthier alternative. plus you can get a lot done on meth.

replace all your sugar for fresh fruit, then slowly start replacing the fresh fruit for fresh veggies

You're literally a weak willed faggot who will never amount to anything because you're incapable of refraining from something as mundane as sugar.

How hard is it to NOT eat sugar? How hard is it to NOT do something? It takes more effort to actually pick up that cake and eat it. It takes more effort to actually buy that soda and drink it. To stop consuming sugar, all it requires of you is to NOT do something.

If you can't figure out how to accomplish something that simple, then just fucking kill yourself.

OP you might be literally retarded.
You aren't "addicted" to carbs, your body is dependant on them to function effectively.

Low-carb and PSMF diets are fucking stupid; just count macros and kcal if your goal is to lose fat.

Slowly remove shit foods like soda and candy from your lifestyle instead of going making huge restrictions you can't adhere to and you won't fucking lose your shit, rebound, and start binging on shit.

When do you relaps? After two or three days?

>what is addiction

I can't do hard drugs due to psychological issues (depression, anxiety disorder).

Maybe 3-4 if I'm feeling motivated. I can easily do a 24h water fast followed by a couple of days of PSMF then all of a sudded BOOM I'm swimming in candy wrappers and MtnDew bottles again.

>addiction is real

Literally everything in the world that results in an endorphin release is "addictive". The problem isn't some impossible illness that you can't be held accountable for; the problem is you.

You're not an addict, you're a weak-willed piece of shit; and if you could look in the mirror and feel the same tremendous disgust that I feel for you right now, then you'd actually change.

You can't do it because you don't want to do it, because it's "too hard; I'm an addict guys".

Go fuck yourself, and then die alone.

As you come from childhood, you come from being a savage animal without any awareness of your habits.

What you should be doing internally right now. Is walking down the behaviors that you have, categorizing them and then preventing them from happening.

That is what a human would do. We learn from patterns, we introspect. You need IQ points for that.

Children who are just born into this world are not capable of that. Well some are more capable than others, but it usually takes experience, some age to truly grow a better awareness of your own self.

It is a hard thing to do for a lot of people, some will never learn. That is why there are so many fat people.

Introspection is basically a higher state of awareness. As you breathe, you can also control breathing, but since your awareness is inside of your brain, and your brain also controls breathing. Usually its part of the subconscious mind that you have no access to.

In the same way that you would perhaps learn how to control your heart beats (through meditation), your aware parts of the brain, can also come across automated parts of your brain, and then control them. Though its far easier for food cravings.

Its hard to describe as to what you should be doing. But basically, most likely your brain is too small to grasp at the finer details at life, the smaller the brain, the more part of your behaviors are of your "operational mode".

You are not aware of what you are doing, because around those automated systems you do not have correction systems. Like an v6 car engine, you cant disable, or slow down one of your cylinders. If one of them breaks down, your automated systems are not capable of isolating that one. Your whole engine therefore simply breaks down eventually.

>Reatrded Americans general
Pro tip: If you have sugar pangs, you're not eating enough calories. And no idiotic ideas like "boohoo sugar is addictive" will change that.

Sugar isn't addictive, btw, you're just a retard who's cutting too hard.

Try some appetite suppressants if you can afford it ( and I mean if you're buying soda/candy every other day, I assume you can afford it )

I used to have mad carb cravings at the start of my weight loss journey, then I hopped on an ECA stack for 3-4 weeks and I didn't even look twice at pizza or ice cream.

After a month or so the appetite suppressing effects go away, and you'll need to take some time to cycle off an EC stack for tolerance levels, but at that point you should have already be comfy in your new eating habits.

Another option, but requires going to your PCP or a bariatric doctor would be getting prescribed phentermine or a similar appetite suppressant.

>The problem isn't some impossible illness that you can't be held accountable for; the problem is you.

This is entirely inaccurate.
It's not the endorphin release that is part of the addiction process.
Neurons become overstimulated, they send pain signals across the body, they mess with bodily functions as these signals interrupt the natural flow.
That's why heroin addicts get chills, headaches, and general sickness.
It's nothing to do with the euphoria, that's just the habit portion.
When you feel like you're being tortured you will quickly as possible find a way to stop it. That's the addiction.

You don't quit cold turkey.

I had the same problem as you. I'd drink 5 or 6 cans of soda a day. I lowered that to 3 a day for the first week, then 2 a day, then 1 every other day, and about a month I quit drinking them.

Seriously just do this. Have a soda with lunch and have one with dinner. If you get thirsty at any other point in the day, drink water or make yourself get busy. Part of the reason I was drinking so much was because I was just sitting at my computer all day and I had nothing else to do. Once I started to get busy I finally stopped chugging the shit.

you are retarded. I didn't ask if I should quit sugar and I didn't say the problem wasn't me or that addiction is an excuse.

there are multiple ways to quit any substance or habbit. at one point cold turkey simply might not be feasible anymore. this thread is about discussion of those methods, so if you have nothing to say in that regard. you can fuck right off and take your pseudo-motivational bullshit with you.

Nope. You're a faggot. You can't cope with the cravings and you call it an addiction so as to avoid admitting that you're weak.

You know what helped me in the first phase of phasing our sugar? Complete revulsion.

sugarstacks.com/

Go to this site and look at the foods. Now imagine eating all of them cubes, raw. Back then even as a regular sugar addicted fagget such as you, I could feel my stomach turn. This feeling of revulsion was greater than my feeling of being addicted. So I managed to breach the biological treshold, and from there on it was much easier to decrease the dosage, until I was at zero, and didnt feel bad at all.

>How the fuck do I quit sugar?

1. Don't eat sugar.
2. Repeat step 1.

I never said withdrawal isn't real. I said addiction isn't real. You ride that shit out.

>"You can't cope with the cravings"
>somehow this doesn't mean it's an addiction
holy shit you are so very stupid

>I never said withdrawal isn't real
>I said addiction isn't real
no, you know what, now I'm convinced you're just trolling me softly. you can possibly be this stupid.

youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM
watch this OP

What makes your cravings more substantial than anyone else's cravings for anything? What is so special about your cravings that it's an addiction?

FUCKING NOTHING.

You're lying to yourself, and that's why you'll always be a soft piece of shit.

if you can't do it, you can't do it.

it's not like it's objectively a hard thing to do. it doesn't require anything magical - just a decision and then some discipline.

other people can do it. if you can't, it's just your problem.

>How the fuck do I quit sugar?

Stop eating sugar

Skinnyfatfag here. Its hard. Carbs are litterally everywhere.

grow some balls you twat, eat fruit instead and stop being a whiny little bitch

Set yourself up for success. Drink water. Chances are you drink soda because you don't have a good consistent supply of water that doesn't taste like shit. Get a filter pitcher or two, and a few water bottles. I carry around 2-3 water bottles a day at work. People know me by that shit.

Drive K water and tea too. Learn what you like. Learn how to best brew it.

You can do this. It took me a while to kick my 1.5 to 2 liter per day habit, and I've had plenty of relapses. Just get back on the road to recovery and forgive yourself. You can do this.

you should tell the people who want to quit smoking how easy it is not to do somethting :^)

I'm trying to do an extremely low carb diet and I keep waking up feeling extremely drowsy with a dry mouth. Getting nightmares too. The Jews want me back in their clutches.

>holy shit you are so very stupid

Stupid enough to personally redefine addiction because the media told them to?

Are you addicted to water as well you fucking simpleton?

when i take Betain HCl, my body can process protein. Sugar craving drops to zero. I think our bodys have sometimes problems to process food and this results in sugar cravings.

Start drinking water instead of sugary crap, you'll learn to love it. Stop eating snacks. Every time you get up to get a little snack, ask if that tiny amount of satisfaction from eating unnecessary calories that will wear off in a minute is better than being healthier and better looking. Don't go shopping while you're hungry, because you'll buy the stupid empty calorie shit that's causing you so much trouble.

You don't have to literally go cold turkey. If you know it doesn't work then stop doing it. Cut back on junk food little by little if you have to. You're not competing with anyone, you're doing it for you, so do it at your own pace. The important thing is that you do it.

>sugarstacks.com/
>Would you eat a stack of 16 sugar cubes?
done that, will do it again.

>Are you addicted to water as well you fucking simpleton?

Yes. We all are.

I guess I should quit soda
I have been eating almost nothing for months for did great
Then I had diet soda and relapsed after a day

Are you one of those morons who thinks everything is natural because humans come from nature?

Over-interpreting simple concepts to the point of redundancy isn't clever, it's retarded.

>Are you one of those morons who thinks everything is natural because humans come from nature?

Oh boy.

>>tfw sugar is more addictive than alcohol

STFU you won't die if you quit sugar cold turkey. You're just weak. Man the fuck up and throw that shit out of the house. Then go guy the food you need for two weeks. Then give your friends your bank cards/credit cards to hold onto and then hole yourself up in your house for two weeks just surviving on the clean food you stocked up on. After two weeks should be in the clear to get your cards back without fear of relapsing. If you do relapse, repeat the process but with a longer lock-down time.

Obviously you need time to do this. And friends. You probably have lots of the former and none of the latter so I have no idea how you're going to do this.

Good luck anyway.

everything in the universe is natural, by definition. the only things that are not natural are the supernatural - that which exists beyond our material universe. So GMO foods are natural, sure.

Re-reading my post I can see how you'd think that came off as contradictory. I just meant to point out that you're bringing up definitions without bothering to look them up.

I'll be less of a smug shit and try to not be so pithy. I trust the definitions of words as their meaning. I don't know why anyone would argue that the definition of a word doesn't define the word. Seems weird to fight against the established rules of a language just because it doesn't seem right to you personally.

Not according to that definition, no. You just wrote a post, that post was "made or caused by" you, a human, so it doesn't fit the definition.

Come off the low carb meme and just reduce it as a lifestyle choice.
When you limit it, you think about it and want it more.
Sugar free sweets can be a good placebo if you can source them where you live

KETO
E
T
O

Now I'm depressed and only chocolate can fix that. Thanks

literally tthis. you are a weak and i hope you haven't spread your genes as your degenerate decendecy will be fucked by your beta filled DNA.

Quitting carbs IS EASY as hell. I was in keto for 3 months and I quitted 2 weeks ago to start bulking. Just switch to no carb syrup, coconout oil, shit ton of eggs, bacon, lean meats, almonds, veggies and condiments for these veggies all around. Still managed to eat less than 21 carbs per day.

Just strive to achieve to be something greater than you are right now and don't relapse faggot.

OP if you drink a lot of soft drinks then switch it for sugar free varieties. Personally I just crave the sweet bubbling sensation and could easily go through 5 cans a day. Sure it's still shit for you but sugar free is better than nothing. Then from there try reducing your intake.

Also as other anons have said drink more water and if you get cravings you can't ignore then at least go for some fruit or something. Keeping plenty of fruit around the home and no lollies or biscuits and shit will help immensely. Having any of that shit around is just unnecessary temptation. I remember once there was a 4 pack of ice cream sandwiches my fiancé bought once and I finished them before the night was up.

>meth
>healthier alternative
speed is much better for your body and brain

>I can't do hard drugs due to psychological issues (depression, anxiety disorder).
You do know that's why many people do hard drugs in the first place, right?

fuck quitting sugar, quit CARBS

After 2-3 days on a low carb diet, i lost all cravings for junk food and alcohol. I was drinking 1000kCals of alcohol per day, and gone, just like that.

Drink only water, tea, and/or coffee, all without any sugar or milk. Repeat this step for at least 2 weeks. Cut out desserts, sweets, candy, and whatever shit you're used to eating. Replace with fresh/frozen fruits and 100% fruit smoothies. Decline whenever people offer any shit food, tell them you are trying to cut out sugar.

You basically need to change your shopping habits and stop drinking sugar.

Alternatively, go vegan and watch as 90% of sugary foods become off-limits to you. Sometimes following a code or set of rules can help with the willpower aspect.

>You do know that's why many people do hard drugs in the first place, right?
Yeah I know but from experience, I risk ending up in a psych ward. Not with psychosis mind you, just depression-anxiety crisis to the point of not being able to function.