Waddup Veeky Forums

Waddup Veeky Forums,

I'm doing a PPL split laid with PPLxPPLx as I don't have a traditional weekly rhythm anyway, is this a good schedule?

Also general program advice bread

Other urls found in this thread:

m.reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/37ylk5/a_linear_progression_based_ppl_program_for/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Sure as shit depends on what you're actually doing on those days.

Why is it so hard for people to understand that 3 letters say absolutely nothing about the actual training!? Getting really tired of pointing this out.

Better of doing SS until you get a moderate base.

Otherwise it'll take light years of PPL to see gainz

I Bench and OHP on Push,
Deadlift, Chinup and Row on Pull,
and Squat on Legs.

Most as 5x5 Sets + I do some accessoires

he asks if its a good schedule you autismo. and to answer op, yes it is. It allows for high volume at high frequency, which are both needed if youre bodybuilding/building musculature.

5x5 on the compounds gud or do I need to change this?

you mean strength gainz right.

because ppl done twice a week will give better hypertrophy gains, i hope you realize that

I switched to a Push / Pull / Legs workout and I find 4 days a week is good enough IF you work out hard.
I do Mon, Tues, and Thurs, Fri. Rest weekends since I have to spend time with GF and friends and family.

Usually looks like this... cardio or running on Wednesday
1. ABxCAxx
2. BCxABxx
3. CAxBCxx
4. ABxCAxx

thats fine, you might want to switch out to 3x5 once you get to heavier weights (or if you have a lot of volume on your accessories).

Look at coolcicada's ppl for another good one.

You doing this one?

m.reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/37ylk5/a_linear_progression_based_ppl_program_for/

youre better off doing an upper/lower. Youre hitting C once a week for 2 weeks, then 2 C's in 1 week, then 1 C in 1 week. not enough volume if your goal is size

No I made my own, this looks pretty similar tho.

Any idea why they only DL 1x5? Are more bad for you or is this just a preference?

One of my mates is 6'1 and weighs 217lb with visable abs. looks big & joocy, swears by a PPL routine. Im stronger than him but he looks amazing, he sticks to mostly compounds, on his push day he does 3 barbell chest exercises for 3 sets each, 3 sets of a shoulder compound dumbell or BB, then 3 sets of tri push downs. each and every set, he does 8 reps, followed by 1 drop set for another 8 or so reps, so that each and every set is a total of 15reps. he does that for pull & leg day too

bumping for this question as well

DL is so exhausting that with 1 good serie you are done.

Any harm in doing 3x5 or 5x5?

its a one way train to snap city
seriously there is a reason why DL is limited to one working set in pretty much every program

But is performing only 10 Deadlifts per week enough to progress?

note, working set
and yes
your back is working in literally everything else anyway

>there is a reason why DL is limited to one working set in pretty much every program
I think you mean pretty much every BEGINNER'S PROGRAM THAT REVOLVES AROUND HIGH FREQUENT LOW BAR SQUATTING, which taxes the same primary muscles but at the same time also helps drive up the deadlift.

Since this thread is up and I don't want to take up more space i'll post it here .

Is this routine good ?
Right now I can't do pull ups because I don't have the required material .
I know I should cull one of the bench for the C but which one ? and what should I add instead ?

>light years
>measuring time

Know how I can tell you're American?

I did Reddit PPL, which is 6 days and then rest, and I made almost no gains because it wasn't enough rest. If you're a beginner just do SS

So you are doing SS or SL then...

How do you bench and ohp on the same day?

I have to alternate which one I focus on and do the other as a secondary.

I doubt this happened.

>tiring out your front delts 2 days before high volume benching
Not enought time to recover fully
Stalling on both ohp and bench is imminent
>5x5 deadlift
Asking for low back injury m8
>pull day before push
Enjoy no benching stability/ no lat drive
>generally excessive volume, no progression scheme,
Your routine is a recipe for a quick stall
This is why beginners houldn't try to reinvent the wheel

How new are you that you think a PPL routine is SS?

Listen to this guy.