Be lifting for 5 years

>be lifting for 5 years
>terribly bored of actually following PROPER routine to the T because of natty limitations

>for the last year i've just been fucking around training whatever i feel like on the day
>not even counting reps or sets
>just using whatever weight i feel like
>doing reps until i cant anymore
>maintained all my gains

why the hell is this even a thing? how does this make any sense whatsoever? why am I getting exactly the same results training like a fucking retard as I was training on a perfected/micromanaged routine?

Tfw no blood elf gf.
Instinctive training works too brah.

Maybe because you already got to those results?

It's hard to gain muscle but pretty easy to maintain once you have it

Yeah I know, what you mean.

But I am sort of baffled at the fact I can train like a retard, and maintain the gains I've made on 4+ years of training on proper routines.

I was doing 365x5x5 on squats a year ago, I haven't squatted more than 285 in the last year, and often I just stick to 225 and do lots of reps until I cant no more...and yet, my legs are the same size. I've maintained doing stupid shit that makes no sense?

btw, orc gf > belf gf

Youre most likely making good choices subconsciously. Its just seared into your brain at this point.

I also stopped watching diet and routine and im fine but i have little goals i work towards and there are nights where ill eat an extra meal to maybe get 1 more rep on my bench you know.

What are your stats and what routines did you do?
On which did you have the best gains?
Did you train for strength, aesthetics or a mix of both?

because you're natty

It took you give years to reach a 3.5 plate squat?

Maybe it's because your training before was lacklustre, you didn't give it your all and that turned up to do what your programme said so, like so many nerds that spin their wheels without ever giving it their all.

Anyway, you'll likely maintain some gains because maintenance is easier but over time lose strength and join the ranks of sort of ok guys who dick around the gym.

I find your claims to be very bold. I also find them to be unsubstantiated as you've provided nothing but an incredibly short anecdotal story.
Post proof that your HAES routine works or fuck off.

I haven't trained properly in a close to a year now. Little over 4 years of ACTUAL proper training methods.

6months / 3x FB
12 months / 4xUL
24 months / 4xUL(531)
36 months / 6xPPL
48 months / 4xUL(531)

255x5x5BP
365x5x5SQ
185x5x5SP
445x1x5DL

im manlet with short arms.

Past nearly 12 months = fucking around doing anything, not working off any 1RMs. I use to also do lots of weighted dips and weighted chin-ups and pull-ups. Now I am too lazy to put on a belt/chains and I just do tons of high rep bodyweight sets for those lifts.

see im manlet 5'7, i dont have a 200lbs bodyweight, highest i bulk to is like 185lbs, i stay really lean around 5'7 170

I haven't made any gains in the last year doing fuck-around training, but I've maintained all the gains I made in the previous 4+ years training properly. That's all I am saying.

Because gains is literally just working your muscles so they grow.
It isnt complicated at all.

Bodybuilding isn't a figured out science. Maybe what you're doing works for you. Simply maintaining isn't that hard though.

There is a big motherfucking difference between gaining and maintaining. You can't even compare the two.

That said, it's pretty well known that you'll get better results doing a shitty program with effort and believing in it, than half-assing a perfect program.

Lastly, there's a chance you're doing most things right "by accident".

Programs are meme anyway, just go to gym and kill the muscle youre training.

You are not lean at 5'7 170. Unless you're fridge mode. I cut to 152 lbs in wrestling and im 5'8

rofl

i was 5'7 150 with abs before i even started lifting

Not knocking you dude, just saying you must be pretty fuckin big lol.

I have really broad shoulders and a blocky physique naturally even before i began lifting. I have a near 34 inch waist with literal veins on abs, at only 5'7. Very stocky/blocky physique.

>mfw former fatass 270lbs
>peak lifts were at 220 6'1 25%
>naturally built for ottermode
>fuck let's cut and start doing MMA&BJJ
>down to 170lbs lifts mostly the same
>train 2x/wk
Deadlift and Squat went down because I stopped training legs due to ACL tear. Still can still rep out 3pl8 dead and 2.5pl8 squat. I guess lifting really isn't rocket science

>ACL

aack. how'd you get fucked up?

It had been bothering me for a couple months but I continued to hammer the shit out of my body anyways. It just fucking "popped" one day while I was running and that was that. It was accompanied by a Lateral Meniscus tear too..My shit was rekt for a good 6months

After 5 years of training you know how to train. I'm the same with like 4.5 years of lifting and don't keep track of my lifts or follow a program most of the time, i just switch it around and do what I think needs doing by instinct. My gains have been steady (tho I'm also pretty much at my limit so its mostly maintenance).

That fucking blows. Like you can have knee pains and take advil for that, go for a run because a males pain tolerance is high and youre not a pissy then BAM

AIDS.

Pretty much. Listen your body brehs or you'll end up snapping your shit up.

jesus christ im 5'9 with a 29" waist. I only look super cut around 145lbs. What a wide bastard you are. Kinda jelly.

Maintaining is not as hard as increasing if your diet is still good.