Is sodium even THAT bad for you if you drink enough water?

Is sodium even THAT bad for you if you drink enough water?

sodium for the veins brah

Do you have hypertension? If not, dietary sodium is not a concern for you.

My girlfriend and I got in an argument about it.

She said that sodium is the worst possible thing you can consume.
I told her that if you drink enough water it isn't bad.

It's potassium that makes sodium not bad. The problem with sodium comes when you don't have a good balance of sodium to potassium.

a scientific source for this? I'm legitimately interested.

Not him, but just google potassium sodium ratio. It should be something like 4:1 potassium:sodium.

As someone who's medication fucks with their sodium levels, having to little sodium is horrible.

No.

It's bad for you if you are sedentary and fat, on an obesegenic diet or are predisposed to hypertension.

Yeah what they said. It's not just the sodium that's the problem it's that most people don't get anywhere near enough potassium. They recommend something like 3800 potassiums a day and they are the same people who under-recommend everything you need so really you probably ought to shoot for more. Keep in mind a banana has like 380 potassium.

Yo man how many potassiums are you on?

Like 4000 dude. 4000 potassiums.

If you like salting your food, get some Morton potassium salt, tastes just like salt but it's made of potassium instead of sodium, so you get extra potassium to balance out whatever other sodium you eat and no extra sodium from salting

what about water retention? does this still apply to that?

I heard this too from a bunch of nutrition stuff. It makes sense since our regular diets are very deficient in potassium. We have to eat so many fruits and vegetables to get it. That's why the juice fad diets seemed to boost peoples health.

If it's safe for someone with heart disease to eat less than or around 2000mg sodium. I don't think you can go overkill unless you eat a bunch of bigmacs or eat salt from a bag.

Yeah I believe so. Potassium is one of the electrolytes. It's usually you need, sodium, potassium and magnesium. Turns out electrolytes aren't a meme, they actually help you stay quenched.

nigga is this legit healthy? dubs says yes my skepticism says no

610mg potassium per 1/4 teaspoon, no calories, so it seems pretty healthy to me

Nigga if I buy that shit and it tastes like shit imma fuck you up

DO NOT DO THIS for any amount of time unless you have a medical condition that restricts your sodium intake. Hyperkalemia will absolutely kill you.

You won't get hyperkalemia unless you eat the entire bottle in one sitting you dumbass lol

Tastes great once it's on food I promise, if you just taste it by itself it tastes a bit different but once it's on food you can't tell the difference

You aren't going to become hyperkalemic from substituting that for table salt lol

sodium potassium pump is how your cells don't explode or implode from literal pruning and absorption of surrounding plasma, water, and stuff! you know how your hands prune up when you are soaking in water for a while? it's because your sodium potassium pump is actively at work, maintaining that delicate balance at a microscopic level! Inside every, single, cell! because if that sodium potassium pump mechanic wasn't present, your cell wall would be very permeable and wouldn't have a 'surface tension' so to speak, and would rapidly merge with 'water' and lose it's shape!

blahblahdlfahshalbhalbha