Is Calories In Calories Out a myth, or does the type of calorie count?

Is Calories In Calories Out a myth, or does the type of calorie count?

The type of calorie counts a little tiny bit which is why people cutting shoot for a deficit of 500 kcal or more and not like 20 kcal.

What do you mean by type of calorie? Aren't all calories a unit of energy?

It's not a myth and is the best way to measure weight loss / gain, although it doesn't apply in certain specific circumstance (i.e. if you are in ketosis and are carb depleted, eating an excess of carbs will cause said carbs to be stored as glycogen rather than fat).

I'm just using the OP's terminology which undoubtedly refers to eating clean vs eating shit.

Further, people shoot for 500 rather than 20 kcal because

>500 kcal * 7 days per week = 3500 kcal
3500 kcal = 1 lbs of fat

If they were to attempt a cut of 20 kcal,

>20 kcal * 7 days per week = 140 kcal

Or roughly one of the snacks they are through the week. It's not efficient.

Nope, it's science. That's why the doctor who went on an all Twinkie diet for 27 days lost weight, because he ate below his TDEE. Losing bf% is a different matter.

>not exercise
>stayed skeleton mode (120lbs)
>measured calories
>2500kcal/day
>never gained weight
>started running
>ate 1800kcal/day
>3 months later: 150lbs
Explain that.

It doesnt count for weight loss.

It very usually doesnt affect body composition, but it can indirectly.

For example, too few fats or carbs can lower your endogenous test and gh levels, as well as fuck with leptin sensitivity and ghrelin production, which can cause the body to preserve less lean body mass.

Personally, i wouldnt stress it too much. If anything you can avoid inflammatory carbs like grains, but that isnt a huge issue for most people who arent old enough to worry about joints.

Just get your .8g/lb protein, and .35g/lb fats (kinobody recommends equal parts preotine and carbs, and i find this works best for me as well)

Your lying, you can't fucking count, or you now have legs like a turkey.

You suck at counting calories

This is made of trolling and lies.

To be clear "It doesnt count" referred to
>or does the type of calorie count?

>running
>gained weight on a cut

lol

Calories are not perfectly accurate and you're very unlikely to get accurate calorie readings yourself, but they are far better than necessary if the goal is controlling weight.

So they are a myth in the "THIS IS THE ABSOLUTE COMPLETE TRUTH", but they are absolute not a myth in that it fucking works. It's just that when you're not a professional bodybuilder, 1.0 is not very different from 1 so who cares.

You don't need perfect perfection to keep from being a disgusting fatass you fat fuck, put that burger down.

saw a dude that proved this wrong by eating mcdonalds only but at a calorie deficit and he still lost weight

Proved what wrong? The OP's posed a question not a claim.

Type of calorie?

A Calorie is always 4184 joules.

try cutting on dirty foods, simple carbs and fatty, greasy shit.

then try cutting using good, high fiber and protein vegetables and properly cooked meat (ie not deep fried/breaded shit).

Compare your physique afterwards.

>a calorie is a calorie is a calorie

t. guys on the right

proved that the type of calories don't count and you can eat junk and lose weight as long as it's at a deficit

>80% muscle loss 20% fat loss

TOTALLY WORTH THE EFFORT!

If by calories in calories out you mean conservation of energy then of course that is always true.

If by calories in calories out you mean, does my body treat one calorie of sugar the same as one calorie of protein, converting the same amount of energy to fat / muscle / shit no matter what the calorie is, and resulting in the exact same body weight and body composition (and shit / piss weight and composition)... we don't have a concrete answer but many people think no

No shit, cutting is easier with less calorie dense stuff. And you give your body micros which are kinda really fucking important.
But in terms of pure energy and weight loss, yes, a calorie is a calorie is a calorie.

And that pic is really stupid, it doesn't even make any sense and completely misses it's purpose.

It's a troll pic that got dreamt up yesterday then got spammed all over the shop.