>you needed 1.5 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight
>Peter Park was huge in Spiderman after he got bit and had his transformation
>Muscular dudes were very, very stupid

>fat is bad
>carb heavy eating is healthy
>high reps are goods

Milk is good for you

>That I couldn't make it.

That's nice, but who's the cherry fairy?

who is this fluid druid, i want to make sweet love to her and lick her sweaty butthole

Who is this semon demon?

No, it isn't. Now go back to bed or I'll get your daddy to fry your magical circuits.

>that you burned a ton of calories when excercising, enough to negate an in n out burger
>that you did high reps to get toned and low reps to get big
>you needed to work out everyday to make gains
>that sucking dick even if you said no homo was gay

>>you needed 1.5 grams of protein per pound of bodyweigh

This.

>it's a Veeky Forumsizen states "facts" but doesn't explain why thread

>reading the sticky helps

I want your cock in my ass no homo

And its bad because?
>all that vitamins
>them proteins
>those calories
in 1 cup.

>Peter Parker was huge in Spiderman

He's actually bigger than I remember him being desu.
If he posted in a cbt he'd get mired.

It's bad cause vegans

>Running is hard and will kill gains
>Good posture isn't that important
>You absolutely need a barbell to make gains
>Getting up at 5am to work out is more important than getting 7 hours of sleep
>Training grip strength is a meme exercise only good for bass guitar players
>You shouldn't need anything else to motivate you
>It's fine if you just chug a bunch of water at one point throughout the day to get enough water in you
>Stretching before running is good
>Supplements are bad for you

Don't make your mother repeat herself.

>consuming brotein is gay
>cardio is mandatory for losing fat
>losing weight is hard
>"I worked out for 10 minutes, I deserve a slurpee"

Nolats mcgee

You forgot a meme arrow

OP said this one already btw

Explain what makes it bad please

do women like the nolats look? they all seem to cream over brad pitt.

>protein
It's around 1.5g/kg
Burgers just fucked it up because they are retarded

I'm a DYEL and am having a hard time decifering what's bro science, what's fact, and what's told in sarcasm, but intended to fool noobs like me

>do a beginner routine
>count calories and eat as much as you need to reach your goal

Done now go lift

Because your mother says so.

/r9k/ please go

>1.5g/lb
I thought Geneva convention prohibited that

You don't need lats when you stick to walls automatically and shoot webs instead of flying.

she is just...... P E R F E C T

Because the way it is mass produced introduces way more estrogens into your body than milk ever has in the past. If you got your own cow, yeah, enjoy milk to your heart's content, otherwise just stick to water

>Doing reps of 6-7 did anything

Also. Should be lean body mass. Not gross.

I.e. 80kg @15% body fat = 100g of protein.

>alcohol isn't that bad for gains
>girls don't like asses
>squats are the best exercise (lol)
>training calves is like training any other body part
>wrist curls are the best exercise for forearms
>1/2/3/4 is strong

Thank yuo kind sir

>training calves is like training any other body part
explain?

When I started lifting at 15 and until I was 17 years old, I ate 300g of protein each day because I believed it was necessary for maximum gains. I ended up farting a lot. There was no Veeky Forums back then to tell me how stupid I was, only the retarded bodybuilding forum with its broscience.

31 year old oldfag here. I started training in 2002 and the internet was a primitive wasteland of shitty information at the time. If you wanted concentrated information on training and nutrition, you went to bodybuilding magazines and books (which were and still are largely controlled by the supplement industry, as is bb.com, etc.)

So I had a great bro science mis-education and believed in all of the following myths at one point or another:

1. The insulin meme:
A. Insulin makes you fat
B. Carbs are the only thing that release insulin
(Both wrong)
2. Getting conned by the 1g per lb protein meme invented by protein companies/weider publications
3. Not realizing every single model in every ad for every supplement company is on steroids and most have never even used the supplement.
4. The 6 small meals for weight loss meme
5. Not realizing it's calories in, calories out in general
6. The complete protein meme; not realizing how our bodies absorb and use amino acids
7. Believing we can only use 40g of protein at a time.
8. Thinking that you NEED to train heavy and do compounds like squats (it's optimal but not necessary; you can do other things if injured and still make progress).
9. Falling for the bro split meme.

It's fucking hard to get gains

How about...lifting/fitness culture in general?

I am fucking SICK of bluepilled gymcels talking about how aesthetic guys "hurr just work harder", or yakking on about routines, diets and other irrelevant shit when IT'S ALL FUCKING DOWN TO GENETICS.

When I was in school, a Chad went from skinny to a great physique in a matter of TWO MONTHS. This is the sort of thing gymcels work for YEARS to achieve, and he got it by messing around on MACHINES, doing BICEP CURLS, and eating WHATEVER HE WANTED. Hell, he STILL looked better than most roided gymcels, because of shoulder to hip ratio, muscle insertions, I.E THE THINGS THAT ACTUALLY MATTER.

>squats are the best exercise (lol)

I would say that it actually is the best exercise overall, but it's not a must do exercise for lower body development as some people tend to believe. Can easily do without it and make great gains, but I don't see why one wouldn't do it, unless one has back/knee problems that prevents one from doing it.

I personally can't squat because of lower back issues, and the leg press as my main exercise is giving me similar leg gains to when I was able to squat.

they just don't respond to much. i suspect that no one really knows how to target them properly. evry guy i've ever seen doing calf work has shit calves, and every guy i've seen with good calves never did any calf work.

there must be some way to grow them but fuck, i've never discovered it. still trying.

Maybe saturated fat content, but if you're doing gomad and lifting hard during the day it isnt even a big issue

disappointed at LACK of the word PIZZA

Post body.

Thanks.

>a muscular man will always get girls
>bodys like Jeff Seids or similar are worth 1-2 years of lifting
> diet is more important than training (inb4 "it is")

>pizza is bad for you
>you can't be healthy an any size
>being big isn't beautiful
>weight loss is as easy as calories in, calories out

not even memeing, diet is more important than lifting in terms of how you look physically.

underrated

>Cardio doesn't ruin your gains.

No its not. You can build an amazing physique with a semi-shitty diet.

You cant build a good physique with a perfect diet and a shitty workout.

Think about it, lifting is the initial reason for your body to even consider start building muscle.

As long as you are in surplus you are good to go, its not optimal but it works.

I've seen it on myself (shitty diet but hard training when i started).

All the skinny fags in my gym are always the ones who workout like complete fags, they dont even sweat ffs.

That is true; however, I think the importance of how you train is being downplayed. I think using a proper program can make all the difference in the world, though not as much as a proper diet will. But with the diet in check, making sure your program isn't bad, is important.

A program using fluff weights and only machines is going to give much worse gains than a program focusing on progressive overload and heavy compound lifts (i.e. 5x5 with accessories).

(You)

lift all you want, if you eat shit and a lot of it, you will never be lean and aesthetic.

unless you're a skeleton

Depends on when and how much you do it. 30 min jogs on your resting days and eating 500 cals more will be okay senpai.

But the sticky said 1.5g/lbs if you are cutting?

how long have you been lifting?

eggs are healthy

Holy shit he was fucking small! Is that even ottermode?

What about yoghurt?

I took a powerwalking class in college since I needed to take a gym class and I noticed them getting bigger over that semester, have you tried walking/running?

Whoops, meant to respond to

Ready to have your mind blown?
It's the way we walk.
Guys with XBOXHUEG calves walk with a strong plantar flexion and as such have "trained" their calves all their lives. Guys with shit-tier calves like me don't walk with our calves and don't have the lifetime of training it takes to get huge calves. It's called plantar amnesia or something.

But the graph you posted says about 1.8 g/kg is best. Protip: when trying to disprove accepted wisdom, don't post something that contradicts your statement.

>Guys with XBOXHUEG calves walk with a strong plantar flexion
Not that guy. What do you mean by this? That I flex my feet considerably when I lift it up while walking?
I have muscular calves and, like he said, I've never worked them out. I just started doing calf raises but just because it helps with ankle flexibility.

>my heart condition kept me from strenuous exercise
>Just basically didn't eat to keep from getting fat

lmao I was stupid as fuck

here's your (you)

stupid shitskins on Veeky Forums can't digest it properly, so its bad.

us white people can keep drinking it just fine though.

>Only one scoop is needed.

Even lactose intolerant people can drink it with lactose pills. I'm white but have been lactose intolerant my whole life, and those let me eat dairy like crazy.

DOTH THE STICKY LIE??
(i actually have no fucking idea, commenting so someone answers this)

That I could, given enough time, get jacked just using bodyweight
That excess muscle (a developed body) was utterly pointless because it would require more nutrition and more oxygen than I really needed
That too much exercise would stunty intellect (sort of true, if you spend all day lifting without learning you'll get bigger without becoming more intelligent. Sort of bullshit, regular exercise has been proven to enhance the function of everything including your brain)

>fat people actually have a lot of muscle from carrying the fat around

That's pretty much unnecessarily high, it's just a rule of thumb for beginners to make sure they're getting enough protein

So how much is enough per lb of body weight? What do you replace the daily protein intake with? Carbs?

no study has ever found more than (i think) .75-.8g/lb to have any effect

>working out when you're young stunts growth

Fuck me

Have you tried just going about normal shit like walking/biking or cleaning or doing chores but with weight added? I know big fat dudes usually have huge calves and I was always under the impression that it was because they always had to move all that weight around. Of course, I'm talking about the fat guys that actually get out and do shit, not the fat shits that just sit around all day doing nothing cause they usually have no legs. I've got cousins of each type. The one that's actually active used to bike with me all the time, and he was a fucking monster. He literally shattered a few sprockets/gears(not just breaking teeth, these things were in pieces) and fucked up chains because of how strong his legs are, and I haven't biked with him in a while but God damn I've always been mirin those calves.

I was going to ask that, too. I've always been under the impression that guys just starting out or just been lifting like shit for a year or 2 can generally get away with a dirty bulk like that, but the longer you lift, the closer you'll have to look at your diet.

Would you say 1g/lb is good for everybody, even beginners, to get enough protein? That would probably make it easier for beginners since it's one less thing to worry about, cause I'm sure it's pretty easy getting 1g/lb every day especially using shakes.

can anyone recommend a starter program from the beginners list? theres so fucking many i cant choose...

bicuspid aortic valve?

milk is only bad for you if you don't express lactose dehydrogenase as an adult. about 85-90% of people don't. in fact, almost all adult mammals don't express LDH as an adult because milk is baby food. but if you can drink milk without any bad side effects, then you are fine. literally everyone who says milk is bad for you is lactose intolerant and mad about it.

that said, I don't really like milk. I only use it for cooking

depends on how hard and how far you run. if you are at collegiate cross country level - minimum 70 miles a week - then finding time in the day to run, exercise, and eat while going to school/working is very difficult without losing gains or dropping mileage. most people think that 4-5 miles is really far, so doing that daily is nothing. only takes 35 minutes or so

sorry for your loss, but I see your repeating digits

but lifting too hard when your bones are still growing can fuck them up. I never played football, but one football coach broke the growth plate off his femur while lifting in high school. one leg is much shorter than the other. talked to another with a similar story. seems like you don't want to go too crazy until you're pretty much done with puberty

google plantar flexion. its the act of pointing your toe that's it. You push off the balls of your feet when you walk people with naturally skinny calves don't.

>plantar flexion
I'm a pretty skinny guy but, going off google images, that's how I walk. If I put on weight would my calves start turning Godmode?

>You only had to put 2 ice cubes up your ass after a good workout

>training grip is good for bass players
I'm a bass player and that is bullshit, everytime i deadlift my hands get numb for the following hours and I get insane doms in my forearms the days after, all of which make practising uncomfortable af, even after warming up I feel that I'm not playing my best

>no study has ever found more than (i think) .75-.8g/lb to have any effect
>Would you say 1g/lb is good for everybody, even beginners, to get enough protein?

What don't you understand? it will not have any impact at all, apart from making yourself feel better while wasting your money on protein powder

after taking a nutrition course I don't really think protein powder is necessary at all unless you really can't get protein from normal food. you don't need much protein to build muscle and you body would rather catabolize carbohydrates and fatty acids over protein.

unrelated, but you don't need to eat right after you exercise. your body won't eat itself. its not like the last time you ate was three weeks ago

This is my goal body now (plus lats) ty for posting

The milk you drink is milk flavoured water
Go to bed now

reminder that it varies from person to person whether or not milk is good for you. fucking hippocrates understood that 2500 years ago why don't you?

Who is this demen semon?

explain?

all of those are true

Post the story where you end up sucking him off

Calves don't grow when lifting weights, they respond to extremely high reps like cycling.

idiot, post a pic I want a laugh.