Is it acceptable to squat on the smith machine if all squat racks are full?

Is it acceptable to squat on the smith machine if all squat racks are full?

Other urls found in this thread:

bodybuilding.com/fun/henkin6ttt.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No

i bet you also use a locker on the bottom row if there aren't any available on the top

Find the guy who's repping less than 3pl8, and just take the squat rack from him. Whats he doing in the squat rack anyways being such a fucking possay amirite

I did that once

never again

such a horrible machine

why is it a bad machine?

DYEL "toned" abs for summer-fags get the fuck out and quit shitting up my board

Listen here you lil shit i've been lifting for more than 2 years now avoiding almost all machines because Veeky Forums told me and now I wanna know why the smith machine is bad

fucking Australians pieces of shit

just squat in the empty seated shoulder press

If the squat racks are full, you must do two things

1. Go to the gym early in the morning where no eager faggots are hogging the racks. It fucking took me forever to wake up at 5 am but my workout days are pure bliss now. Since I get the workout of the way, I also have more free time in the afternoons for leisure.
2. Find another gym. Once I got my car, I was able to relocate to a gym that had FIVE FUCKING SQUAT RACKS. No more working in or waiting around like a cuck. Instead I get my squats and fuck other peoples girlfriends like a real man.

Smith machines won't give you the same results

bodybuilding.com/fun/henkin6ttt.htm

>2 years
>still doesnt know why smiths are shit

They force you into a path of motion, that may or may not be what your body would do naturally with freeweights, AND it doesnt train your stabilizers.

Now fuck off retard. Its obvious you havent done your goddamn homework in the past 2 years, how are your results anyways? You weak little fuck?

how do u know how much weight to put on the smith? how does it translate from human weight to smith machine goblin weight

L E A V E
E
A
V
E

what the heck dude im just tryna lrn

DYEL "toned" abs for summer-fags get the fuck out and quit shitting up my board

i dont know what the fuck your saying you strange person. i pity you

Because I'm trying to get a stronger squat and smith machine does not transfer over to squat. Leg press is better than squat anyways. The only good use for a smith machine is by nonbeginners for bodybuilding if you're trying to isolate a muscle in a lift

Is that good enough? I can explain why the smith is bad for beginners as well but it's longer

My family got a membership at the YMCA so I decided to go to the gym there today for the first time. My fucking high school had a better equipped weight room. I went there wanting to bench press but one guy was using the only flat bench the entire time I was there, just sitting on it between reps or doing another work out right near it, not removing his weights.
I'm too spaghetti to try using machines/stations for workouts they aren't meant for. When this family membership is done I'm gonna see how much a 24 hour gym would cost

>Leg press is better than squat

False

>trying to get strong at squats
>doing legpress instead of more squats

This fucking board man holy fuck

You don't realize it but using the leg press is basically broadcasting to everyone in the gym that your girlfriend is unsatisfied with your sexual performance. Whenever I see someone on facebook, I purposely make friends with them so I can meet their girlfriends and have hot dirty sex with them. This is what happens to legpress fags.

Holy shit when did this board became infested with so many retards?
And i'm not talking about op

OP is asking a retarded question

OP here

I usually do squats first thing on my leg day. If the racks are all full, I'll usually warm up on the smith until a rack is clear. I was just wondering how big of a faggot I was being. Probably a pretty big one

I wanted to test if Smith was worth it so I monitored myself. Switched from rack to Smith for 3 months.

Squat went from 245 to 290 (probably could go to 310 ORM) . So yeah, Smith worked fine for me.

What the fuck are you even talking about

I usually flip the bench press holders backwards and squat.

>310 ORM
the fuck is that?

One rep max? What is wrong with you?

summerfags are here family. whatever, encourage them so they continue to work out after the summer passes.

*leg press is better than smith squats
It was a typo but you couldn't figure that out?

roid rage much?

top kek my sides

The YMCA i go to has an appropriate weight room for size (then again im a fat dyel and one of the heaviest squatters in my """timeslot""" so that tells u bout the squat scene) and its managers are Veeky Forums

they're quadripling their free weight room size when they move later this year--6 squat racks, 2 oly platforms, etc

get out normie

Your squat was weak to begin with, anything would help.

I've found the 3D Smith machine (the one that goes forward and back as well as up and down) has a pretty good carryover, so I don't mind using that if the one squat rack in my gym is taken.

The regular smith is shit though.

Literally the only reasons to use a Smith machine are for rehab excercise safety and to learn the bar path and balance for front squatting.

Here's a piece of advice I always do on leg day. Plan for a 3-4 hour gym session. Not because you'll be at the gym that long. But simply to insure you'll have enough time to use your squat rack. Someone's taking their time when your done warming up its cool explain you got nexties. Find a spot close by and camp. This squat rack is your new iPhone. Pitch your tent friend. Just don't stare at em that tips the scale from patience/dedication to being awkwardly weird/autist as fuck

I mean you can if you want to but you'll eventually get an injury

When I wait I warm up with a calf exercise to stretch em out for mobility. A leg curl and leg extension for some high reps 30 for first set 20-25 for the second. Keep an eye on the squat area you may not even need to finish the whole warm-up

Isn't that only two dimensions of motion, whereas the ordinary one is 1D? The bar may as well be a point mass.

Anyway, OP, just wait for a rack to free up you awkward fuck.

I posted that and honestly, I don't even know. It just felt like the weirdest squat of my life, completely off. Even though the smith machine removes the ballance aspect of squatting, I felt off-ballance the whole time.

The only gym in my town is a planet fitness. I have to do squats and deads in a Smith machine. Take it from someone who has transitioned- it's fucking terrible. It turns a perfectly normal and safe movement into an abomination of lower back stress.

I am a bit of a n00b. Diet caused my hamplanet size (300) to come down to 185 (I am 6'1). Whether SS is a meme or not, I'm doing it and seeing progress.

But.

I don't have adequate hip and ankle mobility for a correct squat. I'm working on it, but for now I need alternatives.

Enter box squats. I tried it in a Smith machine, but I feel there's a stupid amount of stress on the lower back. Is this Mr. Smith or Mr. Inflexible Me? Should I take the box squats out of the machine and freeroll?

Box squats generally can't work around both hip and ankle mobility problems at the same time. Trying to do that results in taking a narrow stance with little knee travel, which has to be compensated for with more forward lean. Hence the back stress. Or in dropping onto the box, which is its own kind of back stress.

What do you suggest? I squat and stretch with no load separately to work on mobility and flexibility. Should I do leg press or something else until I can squat with proper form?

>DYEL "toned" abs for summer-fags get the fuck out and quit shitting up my board

Either leg press (which will probably have limited ROM, given how inflexible you are) or squat to whatever depth you can without form breaking down and work in improving that depth over time. The smith machine is going to be of pretty limited usefulness here.