/Cutting General/

How is everyone's cut going? Currently down from 234 to 228, Its still early though.

Stomach is currently growling as I type this. Bnech went down by 10 lbs today too :(

Finished at the gym and got a medium Rocky Road Blizzard from Dairy Queen and then went to my local ching chong place and got some curry chicken fried rice. Feels good.

I hope you enjoyed it famalia

I'm giving keto a go right now.

>greentext just cause
>started Mar. 24 at 255 lbs.
>now at 229 lbs.

granted like 12 lbs. of that is water weight, but I'm still happy.

At a 600 kCal deficit for reference. I don't count working out in my calories

Jan 1 to Today

182 to 137

Yeah, its been going pretty well.

Currently 262. Started 5 weeks ago. I'm keto moding with IF and Using mfp. Started 280 or 277, I started before checking. I gradually moved to keto, ate reg meals and water even had lower glycemic fruit. I ate small ammounts of potato mashed or baked sliced. Forced myself to eat half an apple and share other half.

Yadda yadda increased fat intake and cut all carbs except blueberries and vegetables. I may actually reintroduce certain complex carbs like lentils after I get a blood test. I don't have beetus but I'd like to monitor how I'm doing with sugar and vitamins.

I fucked up pretty hard today. 6 cookies, 100g milk chocolate lindt bar, 4 pieces of toast, 2 cups of cooked rice. High cals, shit macros.

smashing 900kcal a day currently because I'm sick as fuck and forcing myself to eat

It's going awesome right now.

I started at 225 in early January and I'm down to 180. At 6'2 this puts me within 10 lbs of my goal weight! I've had a few slipups here and there, but I've stayed very much on track. 1660 calories per day is my limit. I started at 1500 but it started fucking with my energy levels. I was aiming for a 1000 cal deficit, and I'm sure I burn more than that 160 working long ass janitor shifts, my TDE being 2500 or so.

God tier cutting foods:
-tofu, even fried
-canned beans "British style"(300 calories in a whole can, add some hot sauce and you're golden)
-large flake oatz with some raisins, nothing else
-sushi is your best friend, stick to maki and nigiri and none of that western shit
-grilled chicken burger with no sauce and salad w/ dressing on the side (I doubt I use more than 2 teaspoons for an entire salad) ~400 calories

Good job, fuckers. Keep it up. Make us proud!

Anyone struggling with motivation/seeing cutting in a difficult light, just keep this in mind: be a good friend to yourself. No, that doesn't mean stuffing your face with cake. You've surely tried asking friends or family to keep your diet on track once or twice. Now, instead of forcing yourself to eat very little with sheer willpower, just realize that you're keeping yourself on track, and that you're not alone because you have yourself.

Feeling conflicted

Keep reading on here that milk is bad and cardio ruins your gains

>mfw been drinking whole milk and doing an hour of cardio after every lifting session

Idk if I'm being trolled or not

Milk is bad for you. Cardio kills your gains but you still need to do it. Truth.

I'm an impatient fuck that went on a 1200kcal/day keto diet. I've been on it for a bit, but I just read somewhere that the rate your body can burn fat is constrained by the amount of fat present in your body (something like 70kcal per kg body fat per day). Does this still apply on keto? And, do I have to increase my caloric intake as I lose fat in order to avoid unnecessary loss of muscle mass?

I started in September, and was 315 then. However, I did it a bit half-heartedly, and was 285 by March. That's when I really started to follow my diet more strictly, as well as started going to the gym.

I'm currently at 272 now, and hoping to reach 265 by mid-July. Do you think I could get to 260?

Started Jan 20th. 5ft 10' .196 down to 167.

Despite my best efforts (I live with a huge fat guy easily over 280lb who gets me sick constantly. I also had to skip the last two weeks due to a back injury) I haven't failed yet. My goal weight is 160. So if everything goes as planed and I can lose about 2lb a week I can make it there. I go to the gym about 5-6 days a week.

I personally love salsa. And I found this eggplant/redpepper spread shit at trader joes that makes my chicken breast more interesting. Salsa is like 5cals a tablespoon.

I want to make it. Plz no bully.

cardio kills fat

cardio is amazing for cutting

I have a hard time eating enough when bulking though so doing cardio is troublesome. it should still be done though

Why is milk bad?

Cut is going surprisingly well. I was down 4 pounds over the weekend despite a 2 day bender. Shit my brains out. Alcohol is a great laxative for me it seems.

I'm trying IF for the first time. So far so good.

>but I just read somewhere that the rate your body can burn fat is constrained by the amount of fat present in your body (something like 70kcal per kg body fat per day)

It's possible, though I've heard of people losing weight faster than that rate on a PSMF. It's possible that it doesn't limit keto either.

>And, do I have to increase my caloric intake as I lose fat in order to avoid unnecessary loss of muscle mass?

In order to spare muscle mass you need to up protein intake.

That's 2 months to lose ~20 pounds - when you finish your diet you're going to gain 5-10 pounds of water-weight/glycogen when you start eating normally again.

That's completely doable, especially if you're over 20% bodyfat.

I asked this in QTDDTOT but couldnt get a straight answer.

Cut has been going great. is me. IF and Fasting Cardio. Decided for whatever reason to total up my macros the other day.

Getting 32g of protein per day, most in my final meal. Now that seemed pretty low. I have protein powder, 25g per scoop, 113 cal a scoop. Though about adding in a protein shake to my second meal to boost my protein, maybe help with muscle.

Thing is, im only doing cardio and bodyweight. Is the extra protein going to do anything, or is it just a waste of 113 calories on a cut?

It's going. Started at 375 back in October, currently sitting at 254. Made myself some French toast today, satisfied after a single serving - it gives me hope that I won't rebound again.

Going 8 weeks on a PSMF. I should hit 220, but if there are no fuck-ups I may hit 200. Wherever I land I'm stoked - I haven't weighed less than 250 since the 6th grade.

Definitely up your protein intake, especially since you're running fasted cardio. Protein spares muscle from being cannibalized. I'd suggest shooting for at least 80 grams a day, though whatever you can get is good.

32g/day isn't even enough for a normal female with a sedentary lifestyle. What are you doing?

here.

260-265 is my short-term goal. Mid-term goal is to be 250 by October. In the long run, I want to be 200 or below.

I'm just worried about mid-July, though, because that's when my vacation starts. I'll be at the beach for a week, and I just know I'm going to stuff my face while there and gain a few pounds.

Glad to know I'm not the only one eating like shit but maintaining a deficit.

>Protein spares muscle from being cannibalized.

Yeah, that was my thought. The fat has been fucking shedding off me since I started doing IF along with my caloric restriction, but at 6 foot and now 137 pounds, I'm worried I'm gonna start eating muscle away.

I've never been concerned with getting big. I just want to get as much fat off me as possible, and if i gain muscle while doing my bodyweight stuff, so be it.

Thanks for the help, user.

Cutting fat and getting lean, brah. What are you doing?

>almost 18 lbs since march
>hoping to drop 2 lbs more until the end of may
>still not happy with my physique

What are your goals, mang? At 6' 137 lb. you're about as light as you wanna get as a dude.

I'd suggest changing the focus of your diet, at this point you're probably trying to get rid of your love-handles and other stubborn fat areas. Look into yohimbine and take it before your fasted cardio - lurk, there are threads on here about it all the time.

Try limiting your deficit to 500 calories, get more protein and let yohimbine do it's thing.

After being a fattie my whole life I can finally start to see my abs ( at least the upper 4). :')

Started at 95,5 kg /211 lbs then went for more muscles and went up by 5 more kg/12 lbs .

Then started cutting around a year ago and am now at 81kg / 179 lbs.

Probably starting to go for muscles now because now I need to start worying about becoming a lanklet.

fat @180 pounds, 6'0 tall, 19 years old, 20% BF.

First time cutting so have a few questions brahs.

Would cutting at 2000 calories be enough with cardio and lifting 3x a week?

Also is 200g carbs and 100g fat n protein decent? or should I go keto?

>literally have two pizzas in my fridge RIGHT NOW
lawd help me

>fat @ 180 pounds
nigga im 300 and 22

Ok not fat but skinny fat, no muscle nothing brah it looks bad trust me.

Sup bros. Finished my cut a bit early this year (started early Jan) and now just chilling and eating at maintenance for about 2 weeks. I saw a bit of improvement on my lifts as i weened myself back onto more food, but they've all since stalled out again. So should I bump up my calories by about 200 and just lean bulk through the summer, or say fuck that and stay as lean as I can and continue eating at maintenance? I really don't want to gain any extra fat but 2 more months without gains seems terrible. I'm actually fucking terrified of gaining fat since last winter I got meme'd by the EAT BIG TO GET BIG skele parade and ended up fat as fuck which is why I started cutting early in the first place. So I have a lot of mental hangups that are going to be hard to break as I ease back into a surplus. Anyway advice would be awesome thanks dudes.

Doing fairly well after a 10 month bulk

lost ~10lbs in 7 weeks just from cutting out most junk

weight loss stalled, started adding in some cardio

down 16lbs now, still a few more to go.
4=
Never going to bulk so hard ever again, there's just no need, although it was fun

went from 145 lean as fuck, to 175 fat, to ~158lb now

5'8

You already know this as per

>So I have a lot of mental hangups that are going to be hard to break as I ease back into a surplus.

But eating 200 over TDEE and lifting won't get you fat again. Personally I'll be doing that too but I still have around 5 kg to lose.

Currently cutting and just had a shit workout, squatted and OHPd less than usual. In the event that this is not just a one off and is actual strength loss as a result of my cut, do I need to further reduce calories to compensate for the reduced intensity of my workout?

Also, is HIIT too catabolic for cutting?

Eating 99% clean, hitting them gym 6 times a week (4x lifting+small amount of cardio, 2x cardio). Face looks better, I feel lighter. Alternating between "I only have a small pouch of stomach fat, I'm close to my goals" and "I'm disgustingly fat and I won't get fit this year or ever and I sure as hell won't look good at my cousin's wedding in mid-August". When I cum, there only like a couple of small drops that come out. I feel weak and tired.