Steroids

How common is steroid use among muscular guys at the gym? I don't use steroids or take supplements. My goal is to look good, have functional strength, and be healthy naturally. I lift three times a week and eat well. I'm 6'1" tall and 190 lbs. I'm asking just to get a sense of the kind of progress I can expect. I go to a university gym. There are guys taller than me and a lot more muscular. Just curious what's natural. (For /pol/acks if you're interested, I'm white.)

Other urls found in this thread:

drugfree.org/join-together/five-percent-of-teens-use-steroids-to-increase-muscle/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steroid_use_in_Australia
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

this triggers the whiteboi

Who is that dude?
Definitely on steroids but holy shit that girl is high test af

everyone bigger than you is on roids, everyone smaller than you is a DYEL

Kelly brook is the girl

the guys name is Chad McChaddington, he eats a lot of pizza

Steroid use is pretty common amongst lifters (something like 20% of regular lifters have at some point used gear). That said, you can't assume that muscular = gear. A lot of people with utterly terrible physiques are gear fiends and some pretty big guys aren't on.

Ebin, simply ebin

They call me the meme-master where I'm from

Shit meme

I know, and I wasted such a pretty post number on it

Look at this fucking idiot, he thinks anyone with visible abs isn't on massive doses of gear HAHAHAHA

I don't know and have always been curious. Some of the guys I've played rugby with and against seemed a lot bigger and stronger than their lifestyles and training routines should allow, but there's no way to be sure.

I'd say about 50% of the guys who lift at the same time I do at my commercial gym are on gear, but that's also only looking at guys whose employment situation allows them to lift at 2:00 PM.

I'm also curious. In same position as you, been hitting gym for 6months 6 times a week. Some of the guys I only see twice a week but they are huge, but I'm too nervous to ask if they pin

Related question: when high school/college athletes get really tall (6'4" and up) and muscular, is it genetics or HGH?

I mean if you've been hitting the gym for like 5 years, you don't need to go to the gym more than twice a week to maintain your gains.

Also I wouldn't suggest working out 6 days a week unless you can get maximum amounts of sleep every night.

Samoans do it natty, so I imagine some people from other ethnicity can do it.

I do get a minimum of 9hrs sleep every night. Plus change it so some days I'm doing heavy then others I'm focusing on technique and smaller muscles.

I'm thinking of starting with some T though.

The girl is Kelly Brook.

Samoans are not really muscular, they have a good fat distribution so they just look thick instead of fat, otherwise we'd see a lot of them in sports, which we don't.

Does this same rule apply if you're trying to cut? Like if I'm a fatass and hit the gym 6 days a week does it really matter if all my calories are in order?

>How common is steroid use among muscular guys at the gym?
Very common. One could say it's the norm nowadays.

>high school/college athletes
Not natty.

Don't ask
It's annoying and they'll most likely claim natty (which they should)

I'm eastern European and pretty much everyone is on roids here. After nearly a decade of lifting natty I've taken the plunge too.

Well that's why I wouldn't actually ask them

>How common is steroid use among muscular guys at the gym
Judging from roid delts, trap and upper chest, it's the new normal. But are there actually statistics?

This
Staying natty if you're consistent and been lifting for a long time 5+years is pointless

Nevermind, I looked it up:
>2.7% of all middle school students (ages 9 to 13)
>4.7% of all 7th to 12th graders (ages 12 to 17)
>6.6% of all 12th graders (age 17)
>54% of competitive bodybuilders
>Over 90% of professional bodybuilders

>Most of these estimates were based on self-reporting.
>Steroid use was on the rise in these studies and all of this research is over 14 years old.

So, yeah, everyone roids, even the children. Nice one, America. I wonder how it looks like in countries where steroids are actually legal.

Also, some newer numbers:
drugfree.org/join-together/five-percent-of-teens-use-steroids-to-increase-muscle/

>About one in 20 teenagers have used steroids to increase their muscle mass, a new study suggests.

>In 2007, the Australian Government surveyed a total of 23,356 Australians, asking them if they had ever used anabolic steroids for non-medical reasons, giving a result of 43.9%
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steroid_use_in_Australia

Every 2nd straya cunt uses.

Truth, breh

/thread

In Germany, about 1/3 of trainees under 25 admit to taking some kind of PED in self-report studies (Source: FORSA). Those are amateur athetes, not pros.
Also, Germany doesn't really have an athletic culture like the US, so US numbers will likely be higher.

Yeah, at a certain point the gains just stop coming really. Trying to add 5kg to your bench and another 1cm to your arms for months on end is just not fun.

Also, I feel like a complete retard as the one natty surrounded by a bunch 250lb, 10% bf guys. It feels really bad to be able to outlift 2/3 of the roiders, yet look worse than all of them.

you are at the gym 6 times a week 24/7? do you also go through gym's CCTV to see whether they go or don't go on the 7th day.
Probably stalk them too on their free time to see can they lift somewhere else while they're not at your gym? Jesus christ people are so fucking curious of other people's doing just fucking watch your own ass.

Even my gymbro is starting to get on my nerves cause he has to fucking question and mention it every single there's somebody skinnier, weaker, ugly, roider or somebody doing something out of the ordinary in the gym.

I don't pay attention to at all what other people do and even if I notice somebody doing something I don't care, why the fuck do 90% people give so much shit of other people's doings. Feels like the only people that do so though are insecure or have some fucking troubles themselves.

Polish?

>Even my gymbro is starting to get on my nerves cause he has to fucking question and mention it every single there's somebody skinnier, weaker, ugly, roider or somebody doing something out of the ordinary in the gym.
He's from Veeky Forums, right?

Also don't fucking ask some randoms at the gym do they pin or not, it's none of your fucking business and it shouldn't matter at all to you and if you get lucky you'll get your teeth knocked out and get their gym membership cancelled or even better your membership cancelled.

No, I'm quite sure he just have so much insecurities and other shit troubling him and hence he's comparing himself too much to others and caring too much what they're doing.

I'm 245 at 6'0 and I don't have a gut. Total is over 1400. Not roiding. Did I make it, boys??

>My goal is to look good, have functional strength, and be healthy naturally.

You live in a world where almost everything you do is in some way unnatural. You don't chop wood or climb rocks, you go to a building where you push/pull iron very hard.

You can be healthy on steroids and unhealthy without them. And your muscular potential is mostly defined by testosterone levels.

If you're in the top 1%, gz mate. No need for steroids.

Bottom 10%? You'll look like shit compared to chad even with perfect diet and routine.

200lbs at 6'1, natty at low bf? That's going to be very hard.

Slightly off topic but I was just given corticosteroids, will I get swole?

Not quite yet. Elite total for a drug-free 242 is usually around the 1600 mark, 1500 or so for master.

Didn't know that actually. Thanks brah. 153 pounds to go

Doubt it. I was 205 at 5'11 and had a 1400 total, and I felt fat.

>see this guy I used to work out with
>didn't see him anywhere over the winter
>dude had clear skin and shit, good frame and nattybig
>see him after winter
>shoulders ballooned up
>chest too
>v-taper 50% whider
>less fat
>horrible bacne
>acne forming on his face
>dude has a bigger bod but face dropped points badly due to acne
>more and more guys who started out at the same time as me show the same symptons
>brag about increasing every lift they try even tho they're reaching intermediate endgame
Well, I'm not saying it's roids, but it's likely

>good frame and nattybig
>nattybig
>BALLOONS UP
>V-TAPER 50% WIDER
>BIGGER BODY
>reaching intermediate endgame
>INTERMEDIATE

something here doesn't sound right aka you're a clueless fuck

this

if you've been lifting for over a year, chances are if you look at someone and seriously wonder if he's on gear, he most likely is

Veeky Forums

>You can be healthy on steroids
Lies,

Taking oral corticosteroids causes muscle atrophy, so you may lose your gains. Look up Cushing's syndrome
It depends on the strenght of the steroid that you are taking, way of administration and the length of using it. You should ask your doctor about side effects connected to muscles