CROCK-POT CUTTING RECIPES

> 22.90 per kilogram
> Each breast is just under $6

I am putting my foot down.

Please post some Veeky Forums certified CUTTING recipes, bonus points for mass/cheap quantities I can slam into my slow cooker and multi-meal with. I don't get sick of eating the same thing so am fine with making mass batches.

Before you ask, I'm in northern Canada and this is at our, "Cheaper" grocery store in town when compared to the other "boutique-y" or "convenient" stores.

Other urls found in this thread:

fitmencook.com/slow-cooker-chicken-quinoa-tortilla-soup/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

There's a great book that was put out in the Ottawa area which included several cheap crock pot recipes. The idea was to provide students on the Ontario provincial student loan program with recipes that cost what they were provided for a daily food allowance on OSAP. I can't recall the title right now and my friend who did work with the publisher for a non profit group is asleep right now (1am in Ontario). I wish I could give you more to go on but that book might be what you're looking for.

I'll do some digging myself, appreciate it.

check your weekly paper ads. idk about bongland, but I get chicken at 2$/lb in california

don't fall for the fresh chicken meme, buy frozen and in bulk, it cost like 8-9$ a kg, ground chicken/beef cost 8$ a kg, mix it with rice and Frank's in a pan, 8/10 flavor.

Unfortunately frozen isn't that much cheaper up here either.

just eat beans

Veeky Forums should add a n approved recipe/nutrition section to the sticky

use you own discretion on the oils
and basicly apply the chart to whatever cooking you are capable of

Something I do on cuts is simple - a pound of either chicken or beef, diced tomatoes, a cup of black beans, and either raw spinach or brocolli. If I had a shake for breakfast I'll have 5 eggs. That and the shake will usually top out the protein for the day.

also canadian here

shop for deals you fuck. I stock up on chicken when it's around 3-4 dollars a pound.

costco is good too

>22bux for a kg of chicken breast

what shithole third world country do you live in?

>canada

no wonder.

It's 6$ a kilo here
only good thing going for living in Eastern Europe

>skinless chicken breast is $9 a kilo here
The gains gods smile upon us.

3x onions
600-1000g chicken
500g red lentils
Healthy sprinkle of thyme
Stick in a crock pot on low, cover with vegetable stock, leave for 8 hours. Cheap, wholesome and delicious.

Jesus Christ, how does anyone outside of the U.S get joocey with these high prices. I pay roughly $18-20 for 20lbs of frozen chicken..

>2$ per kilo of chicken breast
sometimes it feels good living in a third world shithole

ausfag detected

Boneless chicken thighs are cheaper than breasts, they have a higher fat content but it makes them easier to cook and you don't need to worry about sticking to your pots and pans as much.

Also pork, I dunno about canada but I generally follow a 4, 3, 2 rule: If beef is under 4$ a pound lean and boneless I get it, if pork is under 3 (though you can find it under 2 here), and if chicken is under 2$ a pound.

Also if you are paying upwards of 8 and 9 bucks for a couple pounds maybe go to a local fish market, they usually sell "miscuts" for around 4-5 bucks a pound and then you get some omega threes and easy to cook meat.

fitmencook.com/slow-cooker-chicken-quinoa-tortilla-soup/

swap out quinoa with lentils, omit the added tbsp olive oil, and baby you got yourself a dope stew

since you live in a more remote area,maybe food is more convenient in the frozen section?
Either that or try bulk ordering from somewhere,fuck those prices man,unless they're like free range chicken breast ,which is used in some recipes and tends to be a lot smaller than that and a deeper yellow colour so I doubt it.