Is 22 too late to get your life back on track?

Is 22 too late to get your life back on track?

>don't care about anything except the gym
>not even good looking or strong
>life is falling apart

Anybody here pulled themselves out of the shit and become relatively successful?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9mbp0DugfCA&list=LLCP89bGws9HBE6svyp8CyPg&index=2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Never to late brother

Im 23. I started to lift, going to go back to school soon, and got a stable job for now. I was kicked out of school, lost my car to a bad crash, and got fat.

But its never to late, so if i can do it, so can you.

I did the opposite, desu
Was moderately successful at 22-23.
Got laid off the week after I turned 25.
Been a useless neet since then

This worries me the most. I want to go back to school too, just not sure how to deal with all the kids being 4 years older than all of them

22. I wish i was your age bro. Easy to get your life back on track. Easy easy easy.

Weight lifting doesnt fix depression though. You need to look inside to fix those issues bro.

fuck, how old are you now?

22's not too late. I'm 28 (turning 29 in a month) and am trying to do the same as you.

Think about it this way, the freshmen girls (or guys if your a fag) will choose you first over the others if you start to lift now to look good and you really dont have to give a fuck if your older than them, if anything, theyll be more intimidated of you because 'im older than you' mentality that was ingrained to them in highschool. I look foward to school because I know im going to start looking juicy to them barely legal girls and will be a fucking machine by the time i graduate.

>dont forget you get to buy beer for them bitches

test

I don't know if I would call myself depressed. I feel like that word is used too loosely. I'm still capable of feeling happy. I'm just worried about the future, my family has high expectations for me, letting them down hurts the most

How are you planning to do that? Going back to school?

It sounds so simple. I just need to find a way to overcome my social autism

life start falling apart once you realize you're not a kid everyone above their 21-22 can see it...

Not that user but in the same position.
quit school when I was 17 and am now close to 20 while everyone else in my classes is ~16.
It's pretty easy to socialize t.bh since I live in Germany and therefore have all rights here. (can buy alcohol, drive a car etc)
Most of them look up to me and I got to help a lot of people with school stuff.

Just do it mane.
You deserve better.

Your social autism will get better when you lift because youll feel more confident (research backs up this claim because of goodfeels that you get from working out).

Babysteps user, dont do it all at once, take it slowly, take it in slowly, it only gets better from here on out.

>be hs senior
>on track to go to university
>everything good
>long story parents oass away summer before first year uni
>obviously can't go anymore
>long story short wageslave for 4 years at a factory to support little brother

Going to join my country's military, starting my application soon. I don't have much to show for in my life but my goal now is to make SF. Just keep working at it and eventually it'll pay off man

Can't find the .gif, but Japanese_dude_in_water_dont_give_up
Or: an hero

Tell them you smoke meth and you're also a crack addict.

Let them down hard now. Then you'll feel less pressure if you've already disapointed them. Premptive pressure release.

Nigger I'm 35 almost 36 and I still don't know what I want in life. I'm married to a beautiful wife with a beautiful daughter and a successful great paying job. I still don't know what I and to do. Doing a career change this year. Ain't too late senpai

I lifted regularly from 16-19, then quit for two years as I started getting ill. Diagnosed with ulcerative colitis at 21, lost 40lbs (190-->150 lbs at 6'2) from my peak at 19. By 22 I was healthy again and started lifting again. Been lifting consistently for two years. Now I'm 24 and stronger than ever, currently about 200lbs with 12% bf. Best lifts 180/120/200 kg and I can clean 120 as well.

Never to late to start,just keep at it

youtube.com/watch?v=9mbp0DugfCA&list=LLCP89bGws9HBE6svyp8CyPg&index=2

Probably not super related to your situation, but this motivated me.

Thanks for this, user.

Bitch, please. Here's me:

>28
>shit job that I hate (trucker)
>flabby, flaccid, useless due to shit job
>one day, get fed up. Talk to gf about options
>start making shit happen

Fast forward two years:
>only work shitty job 1-3 days a week
>full time student, already accepted into top tier University
>haven't made it yet, but I get closer every day
>strongest I've ever been, with more endurance and dedication than at any other point in my life
>love my life and it's potential so much more

Anyone can make it and it's never too late to start making changes. I'm almost a decade older than you and I've got nowhere to go but up.

Why bother?

I should also add that at 28 I was drowning in debt, and I no longer have any debt to speak of.

>diet getting better. healthy 5-6 times a week with a cheat day mixed in
>stronger and better looking than ever
>put aside half a year to self learn programming
>landed the only programming job (very good though) in my shit town
>slowly learning to be less of a sperg thanks to my job
> more depressed than ever

what the fuck?

Bye

OK

So how do you pay for school if youre broke?

You can definitely do it.

I'm 23 now, I'll give you a rundown of where I was a year ago.

>June 2015
>NEET, no gf, anime and vidya all day
>parents kicked me out bc of no ambition
>drove around for a few days, said fuck it, gonna get my shit together after looking at all the homeless people in the city
>sold all my shit that i had in my car to a pawn shop, netted about 700$ for everything
>signed up for a gym membership that had showers + lockers that you could use indefinitely
>spent some money on decent looking clothes, sleeping in my car at this point
>applied for a few jobs, acquired a server position at a medium priced restaurant
>spent more money on the uniform (just some black pants and shoes, they gave me the shirts)
>eating ramen and free bread at work everyday
>start making 100-200$ a night after training
>2 months go by, literally work every single day the entire time, use the gym too
>noticing gains, have about 5k saved up (stashed in my glovebox lol)
>guy at work looking for roommate, 400$ a month
>finally have a place to live, no more sleeping in car
>drop 500$ on bed, a new outfit, and some personal items for the apt like a skillet for cooking and pot for boiling water
>keep working, life is easier now that i have a home base
>open a credit card to start earning credit, paying it off every month
>few months go by, eventually have 15k saved up
>parents and I are talking again, show them my accomplishments and they are extremely proud
>girl from work and i start dating in Sept
>still together to this day.

since all this, I've bought a new car (not new, used, but in better condition than my last for $5500) and have 23k in the bank (would have more but I'm working less now.

Currently looking into buying a house or investing in the stock market.

It's never too late user.

>drink one or two glasses of alcohol
Stopped reading right there.

Were all gonna make it bros

This doesn't work by the way

Not even close faggot I started this health shit a few months before my 21st bday

Let's get it

Test

jsut don't get a gf before you succed! she can be the best in the world, but she will always be a GAINS GOBLIN!

>get fit
>get educated
>get money
>get place to live

congratulations now you have a bare minimum to procreate or live happily with gf/wife

Damn, son. I'm impressed.

That sounds amazing, good work user

>don't get a gf

I've mastered this step already

I'm 24 and just started getting my life back on track. Won't be able to go back to school until a year or two from now though, otherwise I'm a ubermensch compared to my former self. Just do it.

Inspiring story, senpai. Youre a beacon of light to other Veeky Forums fags

See ya'll in hell

how do yoju make 200 dollas a night from working in a restuarant

>be 20
>have 9/10 gf
>student at uni
>fit (otter mode)

Fast forward 2 years
>got myself and gf arrested for drugs, resulting in breakup
>hooked on pills
>getting fat

Ended up joining the navy as a last resort. That was 8 years ago and I've done quite well. Got fit again and married with kids. It's possible to get out of shitty situations but in my case it took some drastic measures.

No mate, half a year ago i was in Some debt, dyel, no car, no education, no gf.

One day decided to stop being a sad cunt and get a job. I was already lifting for half a year so broke out of skelly mode.
1 month into the new job my depression faded, I got my social life back on track and fucked my former oneitis. I got a taste of what life could be and got obsessed with the idea of making it. So i got an extra weekend job and started to wait at a local event thats only on wednesday. Putting me at 65-70 hours a week. I kept lifting 4 times a week and still go out in the weekend, have friends over in the week and pull a girl around twice a month.
Took me 3 months to get out of 4k debt, get a car, good clothes and Some decent furniture for my appartment. Also gonna start law school again in october.

Only thing you have to do is set goals, dont make any fucking excuses, get your shit done, stop making stupid decisions ( e.g. Dont get fucking shitfaced and go out till 4 if you have to go to work at 9) and manage your time really well. Dont fuck around, let anybody fuck with you or let anyone tell you what you can and cant do. Even manage your free time. I only take one sunday off every two weeks to relax and shitpost during meals. Dont have time for a steady relationship thou.

People can get so much work done in a short time with working hard and determination. Most people underestimate their true potential. You are doing good user.

Somwhat in the same boat as you, but I refuse to talk to my parents after they kicked me out. I always paid Some rent and helpen around and got kicked out because I lost my job. Meanwhile my junkie brother, who steals money, didnt even have a job and gets around by husstling gets to stay there because he "wont be able to take care of himself". Hes probably shooting up part of my inheritance money as we speak

pls ban

37 here. I feel you senpai.

Jim Profit

God save me.

Beautiful man. Good job

Why am I not banned?

> be me 2 years ago
> 26 yr old fat alcoholic amphetamine addict
> was failing out of school, so I took a medical leave
> quit everything and went to rehab
> started working out
> got a job
> sucked it up and went back to school to finish my degree
> graduated law school last week and am studying for the bar exam
> 405 lb dead lift

I have a long way to go, but I have completely changed my life in 18 months. I don't regret anything that happened, but If I was to make an observation; things probably would have come together a lot sooner if I hadn't spent so much time from 23-25 wondering if I was too old for it to be worth it.

The sooner you start putting in the work the longer you will have to enjoy the fruits of your labor.

be well faggots.

The truth behind this name and image is it was ironically a joke to see how many people would try to get themselves banned

this is blue board newfag

I'm a 25 y.o. virgin neet with the most useless degree ever living in a second world country who has never worked a day in his life and even I live in a delusion that I will become a success.

There is just no point in settling. You won't make yours or anybody else's life better by just accepting that you suck. Look for the opportunities to grow to the very end my friend. I know i will.

blue board nigger.

Life got much better after 30

c ya friendo

Bye

Godspeed

Plus it's the first line. Most people are lazy fucks and don't read past the first line

Me 10 years ago
>>split with girl I loved more than life
>>carry on fucking, she gets pregnable but has to abort
>>start cocaine, hammering weed like never before
>>off work 2 years for severe depression
>>suicide attempt failed
Me 5 years ago
>>with another girl, comfy but don't think I'll ever be as in love as 'back then'
>>life of drifting aimlessly starts to catch up, regrets pile up, remorse piles up, hindsight starts to become omnipresent
Me now
>>married for 4 years to 'comfy' girl, 2 children, work in optical lab, lift every other night
>>now running every day, exercise every morning, eat pasta n chicky every night
>>listen to I'm On Fire by Springsteen and fill with joy at thoughts of my children
There's no reason why you can't make things better OP. Cut the deadweight from your life (whatever it is) and push forward. Rest on your laurels for a bit then keep going. It stops when your heart does.

I have all of these things. I've lost like 25 lbs since last year and working hard on losing another 30. Got a SO but I still had problems and got broken up with couple weeks ago and now I feel like I have absolutely nothing. On the brightside I've almost completely stopped eating from being so depressed so I'm losing weight even faster now. But my lifts are suffering for it. Couldn't even finish my workout yesterday I wish I could just die in my sleep already guys.

>suicide attempt failed
Which method did you use?

Pills are generally a cry for help as they almost always fail. A gun to the head or jumping off a high-rise are actually serious.

Someone find this. Had it, loved it, no longer have

>Dumped by girlfriend
>A couple weeks later she gets raped
>I am a failure on the most instinctual level. Can't protect muh woman total cuck
>Crippling depression leads to decent noob gains
>Cry mostly everyday
>One day, crying after a set of benchpress. Just laying there sobbing like a little kid
>Stop lifting
>Starting to flunk out of school
>Basically disappear and lose all my friends
>Fired from my job and move back into parents'
>Dad basically tells me I'm a fuckup and wasting my life
He was right desu. Love muh dad
>Get a better job
>Grades are still shit, but at least I try and show up for classes. Straight C's and a fuckawful GPA
>Move out again
>Restart linear progression from just the bar
>1, 2, 3, 4
>Passing all my classes and working full time
>Will get B.S. at the end of the year

Remember, OP. Every second wasted between 20-30 will be time you're going to look back at and enjoy. That's time you'll never get BACK

>Jim Profit

Just download a site blocker plugin for your browser

>tfw I'm so addicted that I just opened a new browser

Pills and a knife, closest things to hand

23, I did it and so far it's going well

>just joined the gym today
>unfit skinny manlet

t-tips? I know there's the sticky but I haven't a clue where to get started here. Was thinking of just doing cardio stuff for a bit to grow my fitness level before starting weights etc.

*skinnyfat

Deffo not skinny, I'm no skeleton

Do it to gain confidence, fitness level will grow regardless

Sticky is there for a reason. Starting with weights will do more for your body than cardio will. Do you squats and your heartrate will be just as high as it will be running/biking.

Classic attention seeking suicide attempt. Although I'd consider it edginess more than a suicide attempt. Glad it worked out for you in the end though.

My problem is that I will never meet my "Melissa" and my ex will never contact me again. JUSTFml.

>tfw too scared to try to improve

Want to be offended but more accepting of goodwill
And you user? Have you dragged yourself out of a pit of circumstance/your own making?

>together a lot sooner if I hadn't spent so much time from 23-25 wondering if I was too old for it to be worth it.

All my feels, that's me right now.

Ok then, straight at it.

Literally never set foot in a gym before today to sign up, only exercise I've ever done is running around the block every week or so. People working there seemed pretty friendly, but how do I go about not pissing off the regulars?

How good? Have this saved to my 'Carpe Jugulum' playlist on Jewtube. I'm the Springsteen user, wish it was there 10 years ago.

22 is a baby you autistic retard

stop crying and lift

No exact answer so just use common sense and basic courtesy; don't leave dumbells and other equipment lying about the place. Don't be a dick if someone else does. Some gyms encourage using a towel while others don't care, look at what the other people are doing. If it's empty and people aren't waiting to use curl in the squat rack, squat with dumbells, do whatever you like just don't fuck the place up for others.

bye

this story is so fucking inspiring

like said, so many people underestimate their ability to get shit done. Once you acquire the right mindset, you can literally do anything.

good shit dude, I'm just about to transfer into university and do my thing but I am already ready to get out into the workforce and start making money. I hope I can apply myself as much as you have

Fuck no dude. I'm 25 and I just broke out of NEETdom, putting good money in the bank, finally getting fit after three years of spinning my wheels, and am single for the first time since I was 18 (which sounds like bragging maybe but trust me it sucked, I bounced around back to back toxic relationships all my adult life). Feels fucking amazing. So much possibility out there and I finally feel ready to grab the bull by the horns. I would say it took a year of work to feel it all coming together for the better and build the confidence and motivation. Just always strive to build something and you will end up with something built, no matter what timeframe you're on.

Ok. Thanks. One more question if you don't mind, about mindset.

I'm coming into this with no grand plan of being swole as fuck in a year's time. Just looking to look and feel a bit better with every passing month, so keeping it simple with a handful of gym visits every week. My diet has never been bad but I'll probably alter it too. Literally taking it as it comes.

Is this good or bad?

Just do your required time and go back on a GI bill; SF requires you to reup for more years. Better yet, look into ROTC at the same college.
They'll pay for you user, don't give up on getting an education.

He never said he was broke

Quit making excuses. Everyone in college is an "adult" at least by their age. It's not like you're going to high school lol. Or take online classes like me.

I knew all this stuff when I was younger. How did I lose it?

Its never too late user, I decided to get my life together when I was 35. I hit the gym, got a job, moved out of my parents place. Now I'm 43 and my life is great; I have a job with a high salary, an awesome body and I recently got my first gf. Life is sweet.

Fuck lets do this I hate this fucking website

i'm slowly turning my life around, 22 here as well and ex NEET of 5 years. Started hitting the gym 4 months ago and started taking high school courses a year ago, almost got my diploma now. you can easily connect with people there, many are in similar situations. i was at the very bottom and my life is slowly improving. feels good

Sorry about the late reply, use the kek division way of thinking; each level is one stage of fitness with regular nay being doing nothing about your body and eating whatever you want and apex kek being the highest level of nutrition and fitness. Aim for the top level but settle for not being at the bottom. You will eventually have to be more strict with your diet and lifting routine if you want to continue seeing positive changes but beginner gains are a great motivator in and of themselves.

please be real so i dont lose hope and die

please

kek bye