Are these a meme, and should I convince the GF not to waste her money on one?

Are these a meme, and should I convince the GF not to waste her money on one?

Bumparoony

I got one the other day. its not worth the money and will props return it. Heart rate is the only useful thing i see out of it.

What about it do you not like in particular? I feel like I'm starting a b8 thread but I unironically don't know what these are like. They just look fucking retarded so I'm against them by principle.

There's nothing you can't do without it than what you can do with it.

It's a waste of money.

I got it for free and it is useless

I bought one and only wore it a few times...it's in a drawer somewhere.

i want one for the clock and heart rate monitor. But I have a feeling i'd lose it.

It's what normies wear in order to silently imply they exercise.

People tend to buy expensive fitness related things in hopes that it will make losing weight easier.

I have one and I like it as it has good gamification and pushed me to move a little extra every day to reach my goals but it's not magic :)

>fitbit

just count fucking calories and train

this shit doesnt do anything for you

unless there's an actual need to monitor heart rate I don't think this is useful at all, besides being a pretty trinket.

Thoughts on pic related?

I can get one for 'free' with accumulated points on my Amex so I'm sorely tempted.

FWIW though I had a flex at one point and it sits in my drawer.

Figure I might actually use this one though with the HR/Screen/Clock etc

Also, sidenote, I can get an Apple Watch off points as well.

Veeky Forums have experience with either of them? Supposedly the Apple Watch has decent fitness tracking as well as everything else.

Don't really own any apple products though otherwise

I think they're ok if she plans on using it for running. For lifting it seems completely useless.

Apple watches look stylish

Stylish men make women wet

That was my thought as well, even though it costs roughly $700 worth of points in comparison to $300.

J/W if style wasn't my main concern who has the better 'fitness' tracking functionality.

Although in terms of overall features I'm sure the A Watch wins out

Also, the fitbit destroys it in terms of battery life

user you can sync your Amex points to Amazon and buy plates and bars and all sorts of shit that isn't a shitty fitbit watch

nigger what the fuck are you trying to say

Heart rate monitor is decent.

If you go running or something, it will notice and record the activity (e.g. 30 minute run, avg. heart rate 150, 400 calories burned). Biggest thing I like about it (charge HR specifically).

I think it's just paranoia on her part.

i dont see the point of it
what does it do ?

Apple watches are shit and make people think you're a fanboy who likes to waste money. If you're going to get one wait until the newer one comes out and hope it has better features and a decent battery life.

I've had one for the better part of a year, (Charge HR model) and there are plenty of pros can cons about it.

I thought it was kind of gimmicky at first but it turns out it's actually pretty good at giving you cardio data. I enjoy running and likes to keep track of my data and improvements and it can do that very well. It will record very long runs and give you split times for every mile and tell you when your current pace is while you run. It also records heart rate with pretty good accuracy. When I tested it against a chest strap heart rate monitor it was within 5 beats every time. The in app calorie tracker is nice and worked well to show you how much you have burned (through TDEE and exercises and such) and how many calories you have left in a day based on your fitness goals. On a motivation level, again it is a little gimmicky however I am a little more aware when I haven't actually been all that active throughout the day, and should go for a run or at least a walk. To top it off, the fitbit support team is out of this world. I got mine by buying a broken one for 35$ and calling them, they replaced it within 2 hours no questions asked, and have replaced it another time since then. They are willing to hand them out like candy and it's really nice.

Now for the cons. The little screen on it scratches really easy. I bummed mine on my door carrying a backpack and it scratched it. It's not that big of a deal but it's a pretty cheap screen. They are made to mass produce, so they are a little cheap. Like I mentioned I'm on my second one in under a year, the first one had battery issues 7 months in, and they replaced it pretty fast. The biggest thing, and this isn't a flaw of the product really, is that people think it will help them be healthier. It won't nothing can do that except you. It will help you track your effort and focus on getting a little healthier if you are a beginner and haven't done this before though.

There is nothing about it that can't be done using a notebook and some dedication, but for beginners it can make it easier if they really take advantage of it's functionality.

Pros: It has helped me lose weight along with Aria, the scale. It's also nice to have friends with one and do the contests or see who has the most steps for the week. It also syncs with myfitnesspal which is nice because it gives you graphs and trends so you can track fitness improvement. Also if it breaks and you buy it through the website, they'll send you a free replacement.

Cons: If you are super fit already it's not very useful. The HR monitor also seems to have trouble accurately tracking your bpm sometimes.

If she does a lot of distance running or biking, the one with the GPS tracker might be better.

All and all, it's not great but if youve got a 150-200 to blow or just want her to get in better shape, its marginally worth it.

Spend a little bit extra and get a smart watch. Not an autistic square one though.

This is my primary interest in these wearable things. I have much more motivation to do things when there is a score or record to beat.

Inaccurate, and it's real purpose is to track you everywhere you go so marketers can send you more ads and shit. Skip it.