Reg Parks 5x5

FINALLY finished the fucking sticky and decided on Reg Parks Beginners Routine 5x5 (recommended in sticky). Has anyone done it or can speak on it? Am I fucking up or should I just do SS or SL? Also, do i have to strictly ONLY do the exercises in the routine or can i add in some isolations as well? Dont wanna be another ss victim posting in the CBT's 6 months from now. Also are there any how to's for this routine? compared to SL and SS it doesn't have any pieces to read that elaborate on it for a dyel to learn..

Other urls found in this thread:

ergo-log.com/best-shoulder-press-standing-with-dumbbells.html
forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149807833
fitsticky.com
fitsticky.com/novice-programs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

to answer the last bit you should definitely just read SS to learn the form for the main lifts

also I wouldn't add anything at first; there's a lot of accessories already. Also make sure you know that the first two sets are warmups so it's more like a 3x5 program

i did it, here's my three month progress (from jan 18 to apr 21. 203 lb to 183 lb. 6 ft tall)

Thank you i appreciate it
Wow dude awesome progress. How did you start? just followed the routine and thats it? What is 'Wrist Work 2x10'?

i basically just follow the routine. i have excel on my phone and i track my lift progress so i'm always meeting or exceeding the previous lifting session's weight

and for weeks where i repeat the same exercise, say AxBxA, instead of doing back squats twice, i'll do back squats monday and then front squats on friday. barbell bench monday, dumbbell bench friday. etc etc

for wrist work, i do overhand barbell wrist curls on A and underhand wrist curls on B
for calves, i'll do seated one day and standing the next

also my diet consists of eating about 1200-1500 calories a day. not sure if you're trying to lose weight, but i can help you there too

No, OP. Nobody has ever done Reg Park's beginner routine. That's why it was put in the sticky that was written years ago, because nobody has ever done it.

>Wrist Work 2x10'?

tip polishing in the sauna

BRO you have no idea how much youre helpin out my newb gains right now, thanks man. So how long usually is the workout per day? I'm a skinnyfat but more on the skinny side. I think i wanna bulk to build some good muscle mass then cut.
did you change waist sizes? and what made you choose that routine? just curious.

sorry for the slow response, I was at the gym and I don't get reception there

I take about 2-3 minutes between sets, so a typical workout is about 70 minutes, +/-10 minutes.

I chose the routine because it has the most important lifts (squat, dl, bench, ohp) while still giving really good attention to aesthetics (lats, biceps, calves, wrists). it's also well ordered. you use most of your energy on the important lifts and then you're left with just enough energy for the high rep, low weight aesthetic stuff at the end

my pant size went from a 34 waist being too tight to a 31 fitting perfectly

if you're skinny fat, I would implore you to cut just a bit while you're still able to gain muscle and lose fat at the same time. then you can start slow bulking

what do you currently look like? I can give you better a better opinion from there

5'11 170-180lbs i havent weighed myself in a few months

Have you added anything to the routine?

Just cut you'll thank yourself later trust me

definitely cut just a little bit, maybe ten pounds. then start slowly bulking

the only thing I've added are the exercises I change up when it says to do them twice a week

also important: when you do ohp twice a week, make sure one is standing barbell and the other is standing dumbbell

standing dumbbell ohp is the single best shoulder exercise you can do

>standing dumbbell ohp is the single best shoulder exercise you can do
>doing 3x5/5x5 dumbbell ohp at all

Dumbbell presses (bench or overhead) are massively underrated here. I'm doing 5/3/1 and since I switched my 5x10 accessory presses to dumbbells my shoulders have blown up.

>doing BBB 5x10 sets with dumbbells
Are you me? I tried that shit with the barbell, way too easy. Switching to dumbbells is a1

thanks brehs, i probably will do that then. When cutting/bulking is it better to cut/bulk by 200-300 cals or 500? I see a lot of people doing 500. Im assuming 200-300 is for a slower progression?
Also for the routines' training schedule, is it just mon,tue,wed and thats it? The rest of the week is just off time? seems like id go MAD not lifting all those days...

>actually reading the sticky
I thought this was a meme.

its a good beginner routine.. calf and forearm work are questionable though.. my calves were already 14 inches untrained

I did it when I first started. It got me decently strong but I looked like shit, had huuuge legs (even tho I skipped back squats often) and my arms were tiny as fuck. Do it for like 3-6 months max and than switch to PPL

ergo-log.com/best-shoulder-press-standing-with-dumbbells.html

cutting by 500 is pretty much the standard. gives you about a pound a week in losses. I've been on a 1200+ calorie cut for months now and it fucking blows

you lift Monday Wednesday Friday. you want a gap between lifting days to rest and weekends off to rest. rest days are when your body recuperates

If you havent, you really should, and take notes too man it helps.
Initially I was just going to start out with a PPLPPLx routine since Im a full time NEET atm,
But then I got around to actually finishing the sticky so I just picked this.
Can you rec me a good PPL routine to switch over to when I'm done with this? or what a good PPL routine should have?
Alright thank you man, pretty much answered all of my questions! I appreciate it. What do you do for 'Calves 2x15-20' ?

OP what the fuck I e been reading that god damn sticky all week where'd you find the routines and shit at???? Also thank god for this thread I've been looking for this for so long my routine is shit atm

PART IV: EXERCISE fampai

forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149807833

You should've read the updated sticky
fitsticky.com
fitsticky.com/novice-programs