Been eating 1200 calories a day

Been eating 1200 calories a day.
Nothing but oats and grains.
How the fuck am I gaining weight?
Was 203 in January, I'm 221 now.
At first I thought it was muscle, but it's just fat.

Other urls found in this thread:

khanacademy.org/math/arithmetic
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

lmao at your lyf desu senpai

>I'm running a 100% carb diet

it literally would not matter because he is defying the laws of physics you fucking idiot

you are probably eating porridge with milk you dumb fuck

Or OP is a fucking dumbass and got kcal confused with grams.

Do you sleepwalk?
Also try keto

do you actually weigh the oats?
are you not countin little snack that 'don't count'?
did you weigh yourself first thing in the morning on both moments?

cookies don't count

> Nothing but oats and grains
> How am i gaining weight?

i wonder

you answered your own question

khanacademy.org/math/arithmetic

but thats the healthiest and most essential food group

not op but a year ago I lost my job and times were really rough and I was so poor I could only eat one meal a day on my budget, during that time I was consuming under 1000 calories a day not by choice but because of my circumstances. Eventually having so little energy I could barely move most of the day. I ended up gaining weight and feeling like if somebody tackled me my bones would break. I'm 6 feet went from 190 to 210 over a 6 month period and lost most of my gains. That being said how do I recover from eating so little without ballooning up now that I'm not too poor to eat anymore? Anybody know the best way to go about this?

>all these people thinking OP gained weight because of his macronutrient choices

you're all fucking dumb as rocks, this place is a joke, kill yourselves

based starch solutions bro

>Been eating 1200 calories a day.
>gaining weight
you fat fuck are not eating 1200 kcals a day, stop kidding yourself.

It literally doesn't matter if he's actually eating under his TDEE. Which he obviously is not.

Learn to count OP

>Daily reminder that its these same people giving you advice in other threads.

>desu senpai

reported for Rule violation.

How could you not afford oats?

Get the scientists on the phone, he's defying thermodynamics.

Op if you're already going for cras dietig read Rapid Fat Loss by Lyle McDonald and stop doing stupid shit like this.

>1200 calories a day
>is not losing weight while being over 200lb

Congratulations you life failure, you cant even count your macros, which is the most easy thing ever.

STAY FAT.

>grains
>pure carbs
>can turn into nothing but glycogen

>protein
>can be turned into amino acids and glycogen
>fuels and repairs your muscles

Carbs are pure energy. If you eat too many carbs you should read the fucking sticky again. How can you be this retard. Also, carbs are fucking cancer.

Two things. First, you can't calories for shit. Second, why the fuck would you run an all carb-diet? How do you expect to put on muscle without protein?

>inb4 I'm counting right, my body is defying the laws of physics

Carbs are energy.
I think I nusg realized my mistake.
My dad laughed at me, I didn't take servings into consideration. The box says 260 calories, but there's 12 servings. I thought that was the whole box.

Ok this isn't real

That pic gave me a boner.

the healthiest demographics in the world (look up blue zones), i.e. the people who have the highest life expectancy, the lowest rates of heart disease, cancer, osteoporosis, dementia etc. eat a diet where 90% of their calories comes from plant foods, and 70% of their calories comes from carbs.

I'm just curious as to how you would explain that.

yeah you're retarded. Your body has to abide by the laws of physics which means every time you start thinking "omg how am I gaining weight???" it's because you're doing something wrong.

for real?

You couldn't have gained weight even if it was muscle tard. And you can't maintain your energy stores on less than 1200 kcal a day. Genes and hormones doesn't change the fact that you need a certain amount of calories to live.

You're gaining weight because you are wrong about the amount you eat. If you still think that number is accurate is accurate, you're wrong again. Simple as that. You've been eating at least an average of 2000 calories per day since january, this lower bound assuming you never once got out of your bed during these months and assuming that you're a 5 foot tall 60 year old woman. Realistically you've been eating more than 3000kcal per day.

Maybe you've been eating 1200kcal most days, and binging on 8000kcal occasionally, but you've been eating way more than 1200kcal/day on average.

wtf are you talking about.. carbs are cancer... i guess you are one of those ppl that get 45 minute workout and goes home... try doing real sport with 2 hours practice and you'll see how good your protein energy... do you even know what urea cycle is?

Oh, Jesus Christ, how can I share a planet with people this retarded?

The only way this would be possible is if you were COMPLETELY sedentary. I'm talking like someone wipes your ass and changes your shitbucket because you don't move off the bed sedentary. Sedentary rock. Metamorphic sedentary rock changed by the immense pressure and heat of your enormous fat rolls.

Could be confusing grams and ounces, but personally I'm going to wager you're drinking a fuckpile of calories somewhere. Oats taste like shit and you'd be hungry at that deficit so why not solve both problem with a delicious Cherry Coca-Cola™?

Because you'll explode like a fucking nuclear bomb, that's why. Figure your hit out before you get stretch marks, because you WILL get them ballooning like that. Might as well eat tasty shit if that's what's going on.

Well, the people of Okinawa (with the highest life expectancy of the world) ate at a diet that we would consider borderline starving. Basically they were on a cut all the time.
Since western food and eating habits got there the people got bigger, more muscular and died earlier.

op confirmed for master baitsman

we're are talking about japanese grandads that weigh 100 lbs and can't do ten push ups.
>it's great that you can hold your breath underwater for two minutes at 90 years old user-kun, but I want to do some heavy ass deadlifts before i croak at the ripe age of 55

Reminder.

Again, if they're so weak, why do they have the lowest rates of osteoporosis?

why would they be correlated?

Maybe the premise of the Matrix wasn't so far fetched after all, thermodynamically speaking.

>not op but a year ago I lost my job and times were really rough and I was so poor I could only eat one meal a day on my budget, during that time I was consuming under 1000 calories a day not by choice but because of my circumstances. Eventually having so little energy I could barely move most of the day. I ended up gaining weight and feeling like if somebody tackled me my bones would break. I'm 6 feet went from 190 to 210 over a 6 month period and lost most of my gains. That being said how do I recover from eating so little without ballooning up now that I'm not too poor to eat anymore? Anybody know the best way to go about this?
Same thing for me, lived off a Snickers a day and ballooned up. Fucking Celt genetics, man.

Anyway, to fix yourself, eat a lot and work out a lot. High volume. Get that blood going again.

This has to be b8

>. The box says 260 calories, but there's 12 servings. I thought that was the whole box.

Jesus Christ!

You thought you ate 1200 cal / day?

So you were eating 60 SERVINGS OF OATS PER DAY!??!

HAHAHAHHAHA

I want to believe this is b8 and no one is this retarded but I see people like this everyday

That's 15,600 calories lol.

I think OP is full of shit. No one eats 15k calories per day! Fuck. I wish it were true though.

If you are measuring your daily intake in "complete boxes of food" you are most likely fucking up bad.
Can you imagine, if this isn't bait, how much this guy was shitting? There were more than 1200 residual calories in the epic shits this person made.

>go to polan
>become a priest
>this is now your every weekend
>...
>profit

>american spotted

it's not even that hard

it's not even counting calories easy

it's literally "you see your weight going up, eat less than you are eating now". you don't even need to count falories

ffs

I can eat 15k kcals a day, not with oats though that would literally be impossible.

imagine the shitting....

15k calories from oats

lel

Eat some protein, fatty.

>I can eat 15k kcals a day

You can eat 15,000,000 calories a day? Jelly of your bulking, senpai.

Don't be a fucking dumbass. That's how.

>being this fucking new
kys

Summer is here already

Youre probably retaining a shitload of water from eating only carbs. You really need to mix up your macros a bit man.

what about carbs makes a person retain water, legit curious.

>boil out the calories
>dessert doesn't count because of metabolism

the ''''snacks'''' you have through the day count too, you fat fuck

I'm so sick of fucking retards like you. I've been slowly cutting weight and losing 1 pound to 1/2 a week for the past three months. You are eating more than you think you are. Reading this thread you probably have junk fuck food going down your double chin mouth. Literally eat a small portion for breakfast lunch and dinner and supplement any hunger you feel with fruits and veggies for snacks. I deal with fat fucks like you all the time complaining they don't eat anything but they shove garbage down their throats.

FYI, oats and milk with 6 cups of white sugar, 8 cups of brown sugur, some chocolate milk, a small cheat chocolate bar and some pizza for lunch and dinner for eating so healthy isnt healthy you fat fuck.

Sit down. Write down everything you eat and stop bitching on an anime forum about your weight. You're responsible for your own body and crying about your shit makes me want to vomit down your throat.

1g of carbs binds arround 4g of water in your body.
Google it and do your homework before posting on Veeky Forums, have you even read the sticky faggot?

I'm doing 1200 cal a day and I've lost weight, so idk. You're probably counting wrong.

No, you're not eating only 1200 calories a day, you stupid lying piece of subhuman shit

n o f u c k i n g w a y

You probably underestimate how much you're eating, or binge-cheating, fucktard n00b. Also 1200 cals a day is TOO FUCKING LOW. You'll probably mess up your metabolism/hormones, if you haven't already: enjoy becoming a little girl.

This is what you have to do

>READ THE FUCKING STICY
>Figure out your TDEE
>You've probably rekt your metabolism by eating only 1200 cals, so eat your TDEE for a couple of weeks until your body stops trying to avoid death
>Substract 200 calories: that's how many calories you have to eat every day
>Weight your food, count macros
>Dressings, sauces and drinks are also food, you stupid cuck
>Eat more preotein
>Eat more fats
>Eat high volume/satiating foods: boiled oats, raw veggies, leafy greens, soups, fiber etc W A T E R
>If you experience hunger, try Intermitent Fasting
>Sleep and exercise
>DO NOT FUCKING CHEAT
>Weight yourself once a week, before breakfast, and naked
>If you haven't lost at least 1 lb/0.5 kg in a week you can lower your calorie intake by 100 cals less/day next week
>Repeat
>Don't get lower than 1800-1700 calories, just restart, don't fuck up your hormones.
>Be patient

Enjoy the ride, it's going to take at least a year

That is absolutely bullshit user.
If you are 6ft and 190lbs your bmr is 1994 calories, meaning that even if you're in a comatose state your body needs almost 2K calories just to maintain its weight.

That simply isn't physically possible.
If that actually was the case you'd be losing about 2 pounds of weight atweek.

>12 servings of 260 calories

I seriously doubt you got fat from a snickers bar per day.

#

Yeah, and he ate 5 boxes of it. That's how he calculated 1200 calories per day.

260 cal per box x 5 boxes = 1200 calories per day

But it should have been:

260 cal per serving x 12 servings x 5 boxes = 15,600 calories per day

Assuming he has a fatty's TDEE of 2600, he was eating at surplus of 13,000 calories per day. A pound of fat is 3500 calories. 13,000 / 3500 = 3.71 lbs gained per day. Over five months, he should weigh 3.71 lbs x 150 days = 557 lbs. plus his original weight of 203 lbs for a grand total of 760 lbs.

OP is being modest when he says he weighs 221 lol.

Anyway, his data is fucked up. I'm sure he's not 700+ lbs but he just might be the dumbest fatass in /fit history

1kcal =/= 1000cal

>I eat nothing but oats and grains...and McDonald's when I've earned it

I think OP is a horse

user....

I remember nearly 4 years ago I came to Veeky Forums, read a few things then 20 months later I was 75lbs lighter at 170 with near enough a linear decline from start to finish.

How do people fail at this?

24 days of oats in one day holy shit haha

>read the sticky
>sticky literally says carbs are fine and macros dont matter as long as calories and protein are in check

Lol

>for a grand total of 760 lbs.

Sumo mode unlocked

Cardio and eat god damn beans, lean meats, and eggs you shitstain.

To be fair, oats do contain some protein.

i appreciate the effort you took but his bmr would go up the more his weight did, so the weight gain would see diminishing returns, assuming he kept at the same diet.
He's still obvs lying and the math still doesnt add up.

>eating 14400 calories/day when you think you're only eating 1200.

Behold, Oatbreaker, roller of nations.

OP is trolling but most people consume a box of cereal in 4 servings, not the 8-12 listed on the box. You don't need a scale to realize that cereal is extremely shitty on the pleasure/energy density ratio.

>telling OP to read the sticky
Nigga can't even read the cereal box

ITT: Self-loathing delusional fatties blaming >muh bad genes

>eat 1200 calories a day
>gain 18lbs in 3 months
>thought it was muscle first
>at 1200 calories a day
>on a pure carb diet

Here's what happened;
You cheated a lot on some days and not at all on other days and you underestimated the amount of days you cheated.

Either that or you're 2" tall

Eat more you sick fuck. Your eating not enough therefore your organism is fighting back and tries to gain as much as it can. You won't get to know it from Veeky Forums tho cuz this place is full of fucking dumbasses that will tell you that 1200 is too much.

Fuck off with your facts and science

Every other person on this thread is retarded.

>water weight
>snickers bar a day
>15k = 15 million

These are the people that give you advice.

Also to be fair and to hope the story is true, he did say he was eating grains as well. Fuck idiot was probably eating a whole box of oats and a whole loaf of bread or two.

What did you eat a day op? Really curious? Not calories because you completely failed at that, but I mean how many boxes of oats and bread did you eat?

Literally impossible.

Buy a fucking food scale and learn to calorie count WITHOUT the self-deluding behavior typical of your hambeast kin.

Research has shown that some people react different to carbs and sugars than others, eating a lot of carbs casuses calories to be stored in fat. So OP probably feels like shit becasuse the energy isnt used to live and gains fat

also OP, never eat so far below your maintainance, it fucks up your metabolism.

I would suggest Keto at around 2k and a lot of cardio and training