Is flirting at gym a faux pas?

Is flirting at gym a faux pas?

I come to the gym to workout and break PR's.
The time between sets is time not to pass out due to heavy lifting. How the fuck do you have the energy to hit on women there?

I typically make friends first, but the attention is welcomed by those who enjoy it. Don't assume everyone there wants it.

>She still got no ass
>still white/10

Don't talk to people you sperg. I workout with my gf and we barely say two words to each other the whole time, let alone anyone else. People are there to workout.

How the fuck is she high test?

If you're shit at it, yeah.

If it's going to flow comfortably, then go ahead. It'll spike your test, impress, and let the other patrons know who's daddy.

If you're going to stumble all over your spaghetti, forget it.

Because talking to women doesnt require every ounce of my energy like your autismal fucking ass

I like women outside a gym. I regard the gym as my sacred temple with no distractions. It's the only place where women don't have an influence on me. Feels pretty good actually.

I know you might have typed that out thinking to yourself that it's an "alpha idea" but it's definitely not. If you're talking to people while working out, or while they're working out you're just being a burden.

Wait til you're in a free setting (where she could leave, because she's not committed to a workout). It usually comes off as shit, unless you're a bunch of lucky charms.

>I know you might...

No, keep your implications to yourself, and infer to yourself. Don't presume I mean one thing, then tell me it's wrong. By definition, that makes YOU the wrong one.

As I specifically said, if you're going to be able to do it comfortably, then by all means, go ahead. If you're breathing all hard, going to clunk over each other speaking, interrupting a workout, etc, then no.

tl;dr - YOU wait til you're in a free setting. Just because you're a beta with no social awareness, doesn't mean we all are.

at this point, flirting in general is faux pas regardless of where you do it.

>bar
she's just there to have fun with her friends bro
>library
she's just there to read bro
>gym
she's just there to workout bro
>uni class
she's just there to learn bro
>restaurant
she's just there to eat bro
>but stop
she's just there to catch a bus bro
>coffee shop
she's just there to get work done bro
>online dating site
she's just there to meet new people bro
>speed dating event
she's just there for the wine bro
>house party
she's just there to get wasted bro

girls hate being bothered at all times of the day at all locations. the only hope is that you end up in the social circle of somebody who knows somebody and you meet girls through mutual friends, but even then, you aren't allowed to flirt because "that would be weird."

and you have to be "friends first"
fuck that shit, I would never date one of my female friends, that's why they're FRIENDS, how the fuck are you "friends" with someone and then start "dating" them unless your an autistic sperglord who falls in love with every girl who is somewhat nice to them?

I'm too old for this shit, I just want to quit life.

Tbqh you're probably just ugly.

Watch out guys, we have an edgelord over here.

don't forget to tip that fedora fagg.

Hitting on girls at the gym makes you look like a try hard fuckboy.

Just stick with the casual no homo encounters inot the locker room

The gym is for working out, not to hook up.

>be at squat rack doing squats
>guy comes over and starts talkig about his life
>tell him politely to please don't talk to me since I'm exercising
>he won't shut the fuck up
>throw the weight down and smack him hard
>he tries to tackle me
>dodge
>he hits the bar hard
>passes out
>csll 911
>he goes to the hospital
>get kicked out
>decide to use money to buy hime gym instead of gym membership
>no longer bothered by shitty music or people talkibg to me while lifting

>I like women outside a gym
Doubtful

I think what most spergs don't understand is that you can flirt without making it weird and having to change gym if it doesn't go as well

Looks like the virgins itt believe that flirting is either total humiliation or instant sex... there's nothing wrong with chatting up people at the gym unless you're a creep that doesn't know boundaries

Personally I rather get to know a guy first before he flirts with me. You start talking to her, not hiding that you like her but not asking right away if she's an archaelogist.

Once you become some kind of buddies, you can ask her out.

>the only hope is that you end up in the social circle of somebody who knows somebody and you meet girls through mutual friends
So it is like waiting for the fried chicken to fly into your mouth?

The only hope is that you don't give a shit about what bothers them. If you don't bother them, they will see you as someone who gives up easily.

Sure, you will be told to fuck off a lot of times but the point is that you don't give a shit about the way they think, because that is batshit crazy.

For someone who would be worth dating is usually someone who does not outright tell you to fuck off for a compliment.

>gets told
>"y-you edgelord"

Cute.

>be friends first

That's a meme and only works in movies

flirting is somewhat of a way to get to know someone, you should not flirt with someone that you would not say otherwise.

No, that's how everyone I know met their gfs. Not me of course, I'm ugly.

I'm not saying become best friends. But assuming most of Veeky Forums is a little socially awkward, he could creep her out by starting right away with a pick up line.

Sure but then it's a normal conversation which is what I meant.

Cool story bro 1/10

yeah but you can bring flirty elements into a normal conversation as well.

Of course, it depends on what do we define as flirting.

Blaha is that you?

>dont flirt

>except when you flirt like that its ok

Why am i even bothering with the lower gender?

This makes me wonder what most women expect out of a "neutral" encounter from men. When I talk to anyone, including women, I tend to be rather blunt. I think that comes off as being cold (and perhaps it is). I prefer to think of it as direct and neutral.

I wonder how most women would receive genuine neutrality to conversation, as I imagine the majority of people are either engaging them "high" or "low". Then again, I don't see how neutral conversation would have much to do in a gym setting, or many others for that matter. That is, besides "How many sets do you have left", "How many sets do you have with the ____", etc.

first time i've seen a fit chick with a nice face

wonder why she does it

Because women dont get that when men talk to strangers it's for a reason. Rarely is it ever for a bullshit thing. Sure you have those people who just want to talk your ear off. But most of the time you approach someone with an agenda.

Whether it be a question an attraction or a fascination for something. The concept of
>i find you attractive can we be friends?
Is a fairy tale concept pushed onto women with those romantic comedies when the one she loved was her best friend all along. He was just too shy to show his feelings.

The reality is and I have done both myself. I was the befriended beta hoping that she will one day see the error of her ways and come to me. Never happened.

And then i got confidence and became more direct.
>hey youre attractive i would like to get to know you on an intimate and romantic level
>"i just want to be friends."
>thats nice but i already have friends im not interested in friends
>"wa..wait dont go"

Some just say no too. But being friendzoned is a real thing.

"Workout" is a noun, not a verb

You're welcome!

>I don't see how neutral conversation would have much to do in a gym setting
I started talking to a girl asking if she works out for something else, learned alot about her and had a good time talking to her
Just think of anything at all

I suppose that makes sense. I'm not lusting after anyone at the gym, though. I'm there to lift. I can't relate to anyone who finds people of the other sex so distracting they can't exercise. Though, I sometimes see people looking my way, but I don't know if I'm getting 'mired' or they're just observing. I know the latter has happened before.
This sort of thing has happened briefly with some men at the gym. I don't think I'm very approachable for some women sometimes. I tend to maintain a "composed aggression" for my lifts that I think bothers some people.

I know some people might take it as a confrontational "I want to fight" face. Someone tried to stir up trouble a few months ago. It was diffused by another person, and he ended up just whining nearby to said person.

At least the 'diffuser' is nice.

Well keep in mind women tend to reject way more men who approach them than they accept so its a natural state to be rejected/not liked
Id say girls are werid that way but it makes sense, if girls liked sex as much as guys do all of mankind would stay at home and fuck all day long basically so we need moderation

I don't approach women sexually at all. I get approached asking about how many sets I have left by women sometimes, and I think I see some of them watching me lift. I don't think I'm disliked, but I wonder if I'm off-putting.

I could swear the amount of attention goes up significantly when I shoot for a PR. Maybe I'm just being over-analytic.

I believe I understand your point, though. Thanks for your input.

You had me up to the last part mane. Who hurt you, user?