Married fitbros:. Do you wear your ring to the gym?

Married fitbros:. Do you wear your ring to the gym?

Unmarried fitbros, would you?

Should I?

Other urls found in this thread:

bls.gov/opub/mlr/2013/article/marriage-and-divorce-patterns-by-gender-race-and-educational-attainment.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No because it fucks up my grip

>homegym master race

If i was married I would like the idea of my husband wearing his ring everywhere, but I know that isn't realistic and I would not care if he took it off before going to the gym. Do whatever you want.

Terrible idea, not safe.

i do sometimes
Its fucked up now due to that

>Taking your marriage ring off
Haha what?

Americans...

I wouldn't wear it. It'll fuck with grip and it terrifies what would happen if the bar slips and bulls it down along with it.

Lol why would you wear a ring to tell people that you're married like "hello women! No I'm not on the sexual market!" Lol

no, I don't wear it.

Stupid to wear it really. The bar is hard enough to scratch it unless you are wearing tungsten. And it could injure your hands.

So your wife doesnt fucking twat u

>wear ring
>deadlift
>grip fails
>bar slips
>catches ring
>rips off finger
no thanks

Do you know any women at all? Women hound after the married man dick.

Take it off in the car before going in and put it back on in the car. Definitely don't take it into the gym at all. Wash your hands before leaving the gym and putting it back on.

do yourself a favor and don't. eventually time's gonna take its toll and fuck up your ring.

I wear it in but slip it over my ear bud wires so it sits onto power of the phone and jack.

That's why I wear a fake ring around college. It always lures in girls who ask if I'm married and then I turn around and tell them "no its an engagement ring" or "no its a promise ring". Then next thing you know they're all over me because they want to play homewrecker. Little do they know there is no home being wrecked and I'm getting free pussy with minimal effort.

I always forget to take it off so I tie it into my shoelace (inside the top eyelet so it can't fall off if the lace unties)

fukken this, women are scummy creatures and will flock to someones elses man like flies to shit., it's almost magical.

Just google degloved finger

i wear a silicone ring for the gym and work.

Just put it on when she's around. Women are stupid

you can wear it on a string around your neck

This, I only take it off for main bb lifts so it doesn't get fucked up or hurt me.

Stfu third world shit stain nogf

Lol got caught doing that

>being cuckslave to one woman
low test detected

Just got married and will be soon seeing if this is true. Got low expectations. Pretty sure its equivalent to Veeky Forums mirin threads
>make 1 second incidental eye contact with grill
>post mirin thread
>10/10 all over me wanted to fuq but I'm faithful to my wife brehs

>2016
>falling for the marriage meme

Just put a ring on your finger and walk around town. You don't have to be married to do that.

I have a neck chain. I take my ring off my finger and puts it on my chain. I think it looks cute, but you need to actually be confident and not be DYEL to pull it off.

It's only a problem for OHP, so I have to put the ring on the portion of the chain that's on my neck for them.

My wife loved to see I do this when I brought her to the gym. I think it's some kind of property/pride thing. Felt good desu.

> women are scum who flock to things other people like

Yeah, for sure. But wait until you start trying to run a business and have to deal with investors. Those fuckers make even the worst gold digging home wrecking cunt look like a saint. Like, if you're a piece of shit nobody with focus, a bit of skill, and a lot of motivation, you can go up to a woman and she'll in general at the very minimum put you in the friend zone and be responsive to you.

Investors, in the other hand, will pretend "omg we're meant for each other, let's work together", but then completely go radio silent if you're not already making it. And when you do start making, they suddenly start contacting you abs pretending you were best of friends all alone... when in fact they couldn't care less about mutual profit and just want to drain you for all you're worth.

Kek

I've been married two years. I started lifting a year ago and I can tell you it is NOT advisable to wear your ring when working out. It doesn't affect grip from what I can tell, but I can tell you that your ring WILL break under the pressure between your hand and the bar. I bought my ring from a reputable retailer, it wasn't a cheap peice of shit. One day I was deadlifting and the ring snapped while I was lifting the bar. It didn't cost me anything because it was under warranty but it was a pain in the ass getting it fixed. I always take my ring off during gym now, not worth the hassle.

Hell no I don't wear it. Mine is relatively thick so it would completely mess my grip up. Add the potential for having your finger de-gloved and there's basically no reason to wear it to the gym.

If your wife gets bitchy about it just show her Google image results of "degloved finger" and maybe that'll make her understand.

Pic related, my ring.

I used to, but then I lost 50 pounds, and one day it flew off my finger and rolled under a treadmill

I wear it on a chain around my neck and have a tattoo of her name where my ring usually rests

i don't.
grip sucks and it will scratch the ring.
i just leave it at home.
sometimes I forget and i just tie it to my headphones or the cord in my pants.

>not being proud of your marriage wherever you go

non-ring wearers never gonna make it.

>googled
>oh wow

I can almost tell she sucks niggerdick behind your back

I take it off.

D E V I L I S H
E
V
I
L
I
S
H

Id never get married bro
First and foremost you need a girl who isnt completely up her own ass to do so and secondly you need to trust her
Even if you have these impossible things its still not a good idea in any shape, way or form

You get married to have kids, and yes, it's a trade-off between that and sexual adventuring. Marrying just because you like that pussy is retarded, but if you get to the point where you want to reproduce, you'll want to find a girl who you share values with and are proud enough of to want her to contribute half of the genetic material for your offspring. Then you say bye-bye to Tinder or whatever you kids do these days and put your energy into being the man that your son wants to grow up to be.

Pro tip: this becomes MUCH easier when you've already had enough experience with girls that they mostly just seem annoying and you realize that even hot ones aren't aesthetic.

nerdy as fuck, tbqh. half dinosaur bone half meteorite.

>falling for the children meme

>Pro tip: this becomes MUCH easier when you've already had enough experience with girls that they mostly just seem annoying and you realize that even hot ones aren't aesthetic.
Maybe you should get out of the closet already senpai.

if you had a good childhood you'd want to experience that relationship from the parent side. Sorry you were born into a nest of mediocrity and bitterness instead.

Married here. I don't wear it to the gym, for all the reasons already covered up-thread.

I also don't wear it to the bar after work. Or to the AMP. Or...

I take mine off for pulls, but that's it.

On OHP or Bench the weight of the bar isn't on the ring. Not only is there no interference with grip, but the knurling won't mar the ring either. Pulling from the floor is different, and it's easy to scratch or warp a soft ring that way.

I don't completely understand the fear of degloving injuries from lifting with a ring. There is no realistic way the thing will get caught on a barbell or dumbell.

Qalo ring

mate, Hell will freeze over and hold the goddamn winter olympics before i find a girl i can trust or even fucking relate to
Would i like kids? yes, it breaks my heart that i cant to be honest because i love kids and having a family was always a dream of mine because a home doesnt feel like a home without a family
However, can i find a girl i can trust? nope
Can i find any girl willing to commit? All kinds of no
Im loving the fact that some people say "oh it will happen eventually"...what the hell are you people smoking and can i have some?
its like saying you will start a milion dollar company some day, you know...one of thouse unavoidable things bound to happen in every persons life

>he still thinks girls are people
>he doesn't see them as possessions and a means of production
Wew and you're calling the married guy gay.

My wife's a conservative doctor with an Ivy League education. I'm not trolling.

Step your own game up and you'll have access to better girls. Isn't that what all y'all are on this board for?

Married 2 years.. I don't wear it. It won't fuck with your grip but it will give you callouses. Plus it scratches it very deep. My wife goes with me and doesn't mind.

I used to be married.

Tbh senpai, I hardly ever wore my ring. I don't give a fuck.

>probably why i'm divorced now kek

>being married
>in 2016

HahahahahahahAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

looking forward to all you married cucks acting high and mighty itt coming back to /fit in five years and making greentexy feels threads after she cheats on you, dovorces you, takes half your shit and any nasty little brats you've spawned

just know that I'll be drinking in your suffering

Divorce rates go down drastically as the education levels and wealth of the partners go up. Sorry about your prole status.

>My wife's a conservative doctor with an Ivy League education.
Alright, here goes
Are you suggesting higher educated women are better in some way relationship wise? Its quite the opposite, higher social class has been linked to unethical behavoir and being a female is VERY linked to unethical behaviour

Im not busting my ass through college and working a high merit part time job trying to land a well paying job while still managing my own health with lifting and hobbies to get fucked over by some educated chick

[citation needed]

See you in five years, cuck.

I always did, until my wife divorced me a few months ago. She left me because "I got in shape and she couldn't handle the fear that I might cheat on her with how good I look now." We were always super fatties, and I dropped 120 pounds while she did...nothing. She left me for another fatty. Oh well. 9 years of my life down the shitter.

>2016
>Women have better education and more money on average
>I cheat on my wife on a weekly basis

Stay beta when I divorce her in 10 years while still banging young bitches and take half her shit

Kek it's exactly the opposite thoug when it comes to marriage. Education and income are both correlated with more stable marriages. Sorry you're afraid of rich people or whatever but the data is on my side.

I wasn't even saying that though. I was just saying that I know her well and trust her as much as I'll trust any woman in addition to her being accomplished.

>Im not busting my ass through college and working a high merit part time job trying to land a well paying job while still managing my own health with lifting and hobbies to get fucked over by some educated chick
The real problem is that you wouldn't do that for your own sake.

>>falling for the marriage meme

bls.gov/opub/mlr/2013/article/marriage-and-divorce-patterns-by-gender-race-and-educational-attainment.htm

>The data is on my side.
Im gonna agree with an above poster and say [citation needed]
Still doesnt really count for shit in my case, i dont trust women as far as i can sneeze.
They will fuck you over, her being smart just means you wont see it coming

>The real problem is that you wouldn't do that for your own sake.
Im ONLY doing it for me mate, i believe i said so in the first post i made i dont trust girls to do anything but break hearts and fuck guys over so why the everloving fuck would i engage in a multiyear plan to improve life only to get my heart pulled out of my ass regardless?
i do things for me, i dont give a shit about women. plenty of other guys they can play with and break instead

>numale calling out someone else for fedora
kek

Seems youre right, cant be arsed to crunch the numbers on p-values right now but there does seem to be a significant correlation between education and..."non-divorce"?
Still doesnt change my opinion, i dont trust women and while i do believe statistics many, many more statistics tell me women are bad news and thats just the tip of the ice berg when it comes to the women problem

This still also leaves the whole marriage is a bad thing. Even if the stars align and hell freezes over so i can actually find a girl and i lose my goddamn mind so im stupid enough to trust her i can just stay in a long term relationship with her
At that point ive already given her a loaded gun and pointed it to my head, i dont need to help her pull the trigger too

Entirely up to you. I used to wear it there and take it off before doing anything. Now, because I lift at home, I take it off before I start and put it back on when I finish. If you don't take it off you'll get a callous on the pad of your hand below your ring finger and it's only a matter of time before it'll get warped and/or damaged

I have a thin steel chain that I wear it on when I lift. It goes on as soon as I'm done with any exercises where I grip metal. My wife thinks it's hilarious because I'm not at all Italian and her mom's side of the family is all Brooklyn Italians; I look like a total guido with the chain.

I didn't do this as a technique, but I can definitely say that women (especially the very attractive) became a lot more flirtatious with me after I got married.

I think alot of guys think this and its prolly because either:
(i) Girls feel "safer" acting flirty with you since youre taken and prolly wont expect anything in return for the flirting
(ii) you act more confident and interpret more behaviour as flirty since you arent searching anymore

Whenever someone tells me they don't want kids, I automatically assume their relationship with one or more likely both of their parents was and remains deeply broken.

I have a tattoo of my ring under my ring so that when I'm in situations where I can't wear it like gym or work, people will still know. The meaning of the ring remains unchanged whether it is on my finger or not.

>inb4 whipped
>inb4 jamal
>I'm jamal

>Whenever someone tells me they don't want kids,
You met women lately?

I assume it's a combination, but moreso the latter. I would also add that there's a major confound of men being relationships are, by definition, relationship material. I'm more (in no particular order) aesthetic, advanced in my career, and emotionally mature at 28 than I was at 22. I'd be getting more mires now than 6 years ago regardless of whether I had met someone I wanted to marry and done so or not.

Though I will say, there was a clear shift once I had the ring.

Underageb8 detected

As I said, I assume their relationship with one or more likely both of their parents was and remains deeply broken. I would say that describes most women under 30 (and many over 30 for that matter).

The ones with good parents are now either parents themselves, or in stable relationships and will likely become parents in the next five years.

>tfw get wife into fitness after bearing my children
>tfw she's making progress starting to look like before kids and feel even better
>tfw we sometimes take turns going to the gym when we can't get a babysitter
>tfw she left her ring at home last time...

Im doing well in my career, lifting and emotional maturity and ive been engaged. It didnt change anything for me
Id love to do an official study on the subject frankly because its interesting if there is any truth to this

I take mine off. I plan in just getting it tattooed one day and never having to worry about it

One word: De-gloving.

Well, i cant refute this
Good talk bro

Degloving your finger is a thing OP.

And don't try to search for that online

If it's any consolation, the ones with bad relationships with their parents are usually into kinkier sex. Just make sure you wrap it up tight.

Why the fuck would you need to get married to have kids?
Everyone thinks to think marriage is the ultimate pact to be made between couples, to "confirm" their love and relationship, even if the fuckers have been together for a decade.
It's a ceremony with an exchange of fucking rings, as if it's some magically contract that cements people's love for each other.
I see no good reason for a man to get married, it's an unnecessary bind that can cripple his status both economically, socially and mentally, at the leisure of the woman. It's letting someone hold power over you for no gain

Everyone seems to think*

Not anyone you were talking to. But it's definitely the "relationship material" thing.

They know that if you're married, someone must've married you. Someones family likes you. Someone is planning to make you the father of their children etc.

It saves them the effort of trying to work out whether you have good qualities or not, because someone else already did the work for you.

Imagine you are hungry for pizza. There are two pizza places infront of you. One has a big queue and loads of people eating pizza in it. And the other is empty. No queue.

Assuming you have the ability to skip the queue and flirt your way to get a pizza instantly from either pizza place. What would your preference be?

You're gonna pick the one that has higher chance of tasting good and not being disgusting. Which is obviously the one everyone else likes too.

nah, women arent worth the trouble

>Tired of getting hit on by gay guys at my gym (Murrican in Europe land)
>Go buy a cheap wedding ring and string it on my headphone cable, so it's visible, but not in my way (as in my hand)
>Now women go out of their way to hit on me

My point being take it off and get it out of sight.

Im not the guy you replied to
This glosses over alot of things which might factor in which influences choice but this is a grossly oversimplified explanation

With that attitude we would be off this planet in 100 years tops. And I don't mean it as we would go space traveling.

Sounds like you have trust issues.
No girl wants your damaged goods anyways.

Gold is quite plastic. It would get destroyed during deadlifts. I would wear a ring for you everywhere tho, if such was your desire, baby.

Would it be queer to wear my deceased fathers wedding band on my right ring finger?

Oversimplified, but not entirely wrong. When I was new to my current city, I would always get Indian food from this place down the street from my apartment. One day I was walking in a different part of town with some friends and I noticed an Indian place that was PACKED with Indian people. We went in and had to wait to be seated (the other place is usually busy but no wait) but the food was well worth it. I stopped going to the one near me and now mostly go to this other place. The selectivity of other people is a useful tool in a number of social applications.

>No girl wants your damaged goods anyways.
Oh no, how will i ever live my life now?
Seriously, ive heard girls say they act like they like guys only to break their hearts, ive heard girls fucking brag about how them dumping a guy got him put on suicide watch
I frankly dont care and i believe i said so too, there are tons of guys out there girls can play with and break beside me. not like i need a girl for anything(except if i want to feel bad about myself)