Lifting grips

are these memes or do they actually work?

i want to get some straps for deadlift but i don't like the extra setup time. grips setup faster.

anybody have these or prefer something else?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=43DxInxjX8A
us.myprotein.com/protein-accessories/myprotein-padded-lifting-straps/10873325.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Extra setup time? It takes 10 fucking seconds to wrap up the bar

yeah but i get into a mindset and the extra seconds is a distraction. it seems strange but true. everyone has their setup rituals and there's a very real psychological basis for them. for example in basketball players are tought to shoot free throws precisely the same way every time, because it improves consistency. adding 10 seconds to a heavy lift can really throw me off which could lead to injury.

anyway i'm not here to debate your preferences. use what works for you. i just want to know if you used these.

i should add that i like the idea of a grip better than a strap because it seems like a grip would give you similar leverage as a mixed grip while still requiring you have some grip whereas straps can reduce the grip requirement much more. is this untrue?

If you can't lift without straps you shouldn't be lifting that weight

How much do you deadlift?

How much does your mum weigh?

ok kid
youtube.com/watch?v=43DxInxjX8A

120lbs. Hahahh you dyel as fuck mate.

A friend showed these to me, and let me try them. It was harder for me to lift my usual weight without applying the same amount of grip I usually do. Upon adjusting, I suppose grips would be cool for loading more weight on your deadlift without letting your grip limit you.

It wouldn't be a proper deadlift, but these tools have their place.

i bought these yesterday because after my bent over barbell rows i have not much grip left in my hands.. very cheap but if they work.. will try it out

us.myprotein.com/protein-accessories/myprotein-padded-lifting-straps/10873325.html

kys

Whats the best for avoiding calluses?

you go first ill follow right after champ

there are instructional videos on this that's not the purpose of these.

Meme bell uses them, so I'm sure we're going to start seeing them everywhere. I don't really understand what's wrong with normal straps though.

it's mostly the convenience of no extra setup time and maybe that they don't help you grip as much as straps so you still develop some grip strength but i dunno which is why i ask if any of you are using them. i've seen other lifters use them one guy named sporto

Using moisturizer when you jerk off your bf

How the fuck do these help? Surely youre still relying on grip strength due to the larger diameter and having to squeeze that strip of leather closed...or do they wrap round thw bar more than once? In any case OP i bet you dont need them.

fedora.jpg

the way they help with grip is the same way mixed grip helps. the little flap is sturdily braced by your wrist which when applied adjacently to your hand creates friction. at least that's how i understood it. the larger diameter is trivial compared to the ability to leverage friction to keep the bar in place. hook grip works on the same concept.

k but in still not using straps.

this

see have you ever hook gripped a bar? your thumb adds diameter to your grip much in the same way a little leather flap will, more diameter than it really and yet hook grip is used to improve grip, even though it widens the diameter, due to friction.