How often do you drink? is it bad for gains?

how often do you drink? is it bad for gains?

Too often. Yes.

That dude is literally hitler without the mustache

Few times a week and no, it won't hurt gains

It can hamper weight loss if you're not smart about how you eat around it or what you drink (liquor only), but the negative effect on protein synthesis for gains is so minimal that it's practically irrelevant. Assuming you're not an alcoholic, that is.

Kek I'm drinking now

So why liquor only? I figured a light beer or two tops, would be better than liquor due to all the sugars generally found in drinks such as whiskey and bourbon. Then again I picked those two specifically because that's all I used to drink when it came to liquor. Not really a vodka fan..

Ethanol calories aren't processed like other macros. You can't store them as fat, but your body halts fat oxidation while your liver metabolizes the booze. So, if you drink beer or wine (ethanol + actual carbs), you risk storing those non-alcohol calories as fat while the alc cals are metabolized.

So, drink liquor and don't eat around it.

Get drunk once a week minimum.
>tfw exam period getting drunk daily.
At least I'm doing 2 hours of cardio a day.

Didn't know that, thanks! Any specific type of liquor(s) you recommend drinking in lieu of beer or staying away from? Or does it not really matter as long as it isn't beer or wine?

Doesn't matter, as long as it's liquor. I'm a rum fan myself, but drink whatcha like.

>falling for the liquor meme
Boy I love waking up 10 hours later in the corner because I opted for the strongest form of alcohol. One bottle of whiskey saved me so many calories.
*memories not included*

Very rarely now.

Alcohol isn't worth the time or money. I could be doing more fulfilling things with my life. Like shitpost on Veeky Forums.

Maybe u don't know how to hold your liquor/know when to stop

Sorry man

>shitpost
My GF would rather I get drunk desu

Last time I had liquor
>3 bottle of beer
FINE
>3 bottles of wine
FINE
>1 entire bottle of liquor
JUST
I been drinking two nights in a row and don't care anymore. Tommorow is gonna be special

that was in one day.

I wasn't referring to drinking an ENTIRE bottle lel. I meant perhaps A glass or two, in total. I used to drink a fifth every other week before I started lifting, I'm done with all that noise.

>one fifth of a bottle
Yeah that shit is gone along with my memories
LESS CALORIES GUISE
I guess If you include the next day without any food because your stomach wont take it

My fiance supports my shitposting habits.

My advice? Find someone who lets you do what you love.

it's the difference between a pint with dinner and getting shitfaced on the weekend
one or two isn't gonna hurt, there's gonna be a big calorie difference 8 drinks down the line tho

fucking what

If the idea of sipping a drink is so alien to you, mix it with soda water and chug it down like you do in the first place.

This

Once or twice a year. New years ect.

>mix it with soda water
that's what I did last time.
Worst hangover in my life

fuck i don't want to read that

i left beer long ago, but reading that it doesn't affect gains makes my mouth salivate hard

I only drink on Saturdays, and lately I've limited myself to two Shiner drafts at the bar I go out to, tops. (Yeah, yeah, shit beer is shit #beersnobs hurrrrrr). I like it, fuck you.

no worse than taking in anything else fizzy, lad
beer included, unless you're from bongistan

then you're fine, keep doing what you do.

I know that fampai
Just sharing muh experience
I dare not buy more than a half bottle of liqour at a time.

I've spent a lot, and I mean a lot of money at bars and buying cases of light beer, local craft beer, local wine and whiskey... But ever since I started taking my health and fitness seriously, I haven't bought anything. I will still have a brown ale or stout or porter here and there, but that's it. I feel so much better.

I've tallied up a shit load over the years. Drinking isn't fun, and I've realized I don't even like some of my friends, and only had fun with them when I was having some awesome brews

>how often do you drink?
Friday and saturday.
>is it bad for gains?
Yeah, I workout Sun-Friday so I don't notice too much. I am sure it is adverse, but how much I dunno

generally do daily
1-1.5 hours of weights and such
.75-1 hours of light-moderate cardio

>not drinking a higher proof liquor to offset the calories

Seriously 375ml of 151 and diet soda will get you drunk for a stupidly low amount of calories; just get it cold enough and mix it well enough.

I will drink maybe 6-8 times a year. Sometimes it will be at parties, but a lot of times it will be in my room all by myself.

Is it really depressing if someone drinks all alone in there room?

Depends what you are doing, I someones will sit and watch some anime or play video games drunk.

>Seriously 375ml of 151
I'm still enough of a lightweight that 375ml of just plain 80 proof shit will get me wasted. I'm 29, 6'2" and 190lbs.

Oh yeah, 375ml of 151 would do me in as well. I'm just using it as an example that even if you drank all 375ml of it you'd still be looking at only ~750-800 calories

yeah pretty much. I will either watch netflix or shitpost here. idk I am somewhat depressed, so I guess thats why I keep thinking that drinking alone is depressing.

>Is it really depressing if someone drinks all alone in there room?
Absolutely not. Lot of fags here will give you shit but theres nothing wrong with drinking by yourself. I actually prefer it, youre safe in your own room and you dont have to deal with anyone.

You gotta also somehow be disciplined enough while drunk to not eat anything after you're done for the night. Just drink water.

I've been able to manage that in some brief moments of clarity.

Nah, I don't think that's too bad. After a week of work I do the same on a saturday night, only will go out sparingly on paydays and such or with coworkers.

True, drunk pizza or chinese food is amazingly tempting when drunk. Generally I'll chill a gallon of water and leave some multi-vitamins and suppliments out that I chug before I go to bed.

3 years sober.

I seriously drink every night, it used to just be a 22 but it's upticked from there lately. I'm beginning to think it might be a problem. Thank god I live in a state where marijuana is legalized, so I'm beginning to offset my alcohol vice with weed instead.

Alcoholic here, or, at least used to abuse it 4-5 times a week in my twenties. Used to be collegiate athlete, then fell off and drowned sorrows. Lost muscle mass and got fat but still carried it well.

Didn't realize how much muscle i lost until started cardio then lifting about a year ago.

My takeaway is that booze doesn't directly take away gains but if you are 25+ hangovers last all day and there is a day of not lifting. Even if you get around to doing some cardio and sweat it out (gain goblin) your organs and cells are starved and dehydrated and maybe even your diet suffers a day or two. I do not imbibe like I used to: too many responsibiliities and care about my fitness lifestyle. I go out once every other week, trying to curtail that even.

My best workouts happen when I'm hungover for some reason.

Also it helps to only drink heavily once a week at most.