/owg/

A thread for the discussion of the sport of weightlifting and all things related. Keep the insults, bullying, and shitposting to a minimum.

>If you are new to weightlifting please read these first and check the other sources they link to before asking questions:
chinfl.blogspot co.uk/2013/07/how-into-weightlifting.html
reddit.com/r/weightlifting/wiki/faq
dropbox.com/sh/mjgz5nmcikhhvnu/28iq3URWUW

>helpful blog on some technique quirks:
yashathoughts.com

>The information that you are looking for is probably in the above links.
That includes routines, shoes, information on the lifts, etc. Check out the pastebins for literature or the reddit faq for general information.

>Commisar's notes on the dank, zesty Meme Method (DZMM)
pastebin.com/u0jiY8sM

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=X_Ct9beJCM4&ab_channel=JackDurkin
youtu.be/sjTBRYL76Yo
youtube.com/watch?v=vki1jhdWt2A
instagram.com/p/BFlUWc4gNGP/
instagram.com/p/BFmyXE5hHoP/?taken-by=jonsteinhaur
outsports.com/2016/1/21/10812404/transgender-ioc-policy-new-olympics
olympic.org/Documents/Commissions_PDFfiles/Medical_commission/2015-11_ioc_consensus_meeting_on_sex_reassignment_and_hyperandrogenism-en.pdf
bodyrecomposition.com/training/forget-about-bulgarian-training.html/
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

in

also in

midmay tbqh

fuck you commie!
my snatches weren't that bad toward the end of my weightlifting career
youtube.com/watch?v=X_Ct9beJCM4&ab_channel=JackDurkin

Early arm bend is because i have permanent scar tissue internally around my pubic bone that i cant even touch without intense pain. so i started pulling it higher into my gut area.

end of your career? it's over for good now?

if my LCL is torn im probably gonna quit. I'm 22 and both of my knees are already fucked up. plus I'm made for powerlifting. If its just a sprain I might just quit until the work season is over and start training full time. ALSO another possibility is i save up enough to do a good cycle of GH and fix all my problems...

315lbs

jon north btfo all coach

best coach i no

he no everything is so good at weightlif

#attitudenation #meth #c4 #pump #gyno #bitchtits #lactation

very innovative coach

stop posting my webms i dont like u

thx

you don't look explosive at all but you are strong. props to you

>you don't look explosive

Dude...

near limit usually isnt super explosive

those comp lifts that look fast as fuck are never true maxes

>near limit usually isnt super explosive

you havent been around athletic people

shut the fuck up

bumping

gnight

How to know if it's femoral anterior glide or tight hip flexors?

Dead thread, dead sport.

Address both issues at the same time. Can also be impingement.

Fix mobility of your entire lowerbody and fix the small details in your squatting form.

rate my form

youtu.be/sjTBRYL76Yo

He literally looks like he has down syndrome.

>that trip at the end

Why do I kee hiting my knees everytime?

>so happy
>little jump
>trips
fking cute, everytime

explosive as fuck mate good one

What is he even trying to accomplish in this webm?

i was asking someone who actually knows, not someone who just googled stuff because i can do that shit too

you're not supposed to stretch hip flexors if you have FAGS, while you should if your hip flexors are tight

why are you talking about my squat, i squat better than your bitch ass

>you're not supposed to stretch hip flexors if you have FAGS

Dumb meme.
Work on your entire lowerbody mobility. Just don't stretch if you feel it's inflamed, let it rest for a couple of days in that case.

Gold medal bump

is this commie 6 years from now?

I hope so :o)

Akkayev was 26 in 2011 though, so commi still has plenty of time.

What's the 'real' reason klokov retired that Jon norf alluded to in his podcast?

'Me and you [Jared enderton] know the real reason, and I'm not gonna give it away, but we plan to have him on the show to explain why'

So, it's not juice related if it's gonna be discussed and revealed. Anyone heard anything on the grapevine or is Jon just being a crackhead

They won't let him compete anymore, coaches don't like old athletes the same reason why most athletes in those countries retire really once they get past a certain age

He was talking about it on some of his old YouTube videos

>So, it's not juice related if it's gonna be discussed and revealed.

not sure about that. I thought the general thought was that klokov failed an internal drug test that showed he would have popped at the olympics. and with akkaev injured, no russian medal.

And with that plus his age, he became unwelcome.

Wikipedia page sez he's been banned 4 years for doping.

Does anyone else's traps feel huge after push press or is it just me?

What wiki page are you looking at klokov hasn't been banned ever

i found my 3d waifu

Do you mean Dmitry Lapikov? He was an another Russian 105kg/105+ who was banned in 2011.

Klokov has talked about it himself youtube.com/watch?v=vki1jhdWt2A

Well yeah, your traps are used a lot during the Push Press.

wew

anyone knows the answer to this? my hips are tight as well and stretching them helps only partially

Did snatches today, only 30kg as I'm pretty new, form felt good, but i have this shooting pain at the base of my thumbs on both hands. Anyone know why this is? How to get rid?

So how the fuck do I actually fix the goodmorning back squat?

>inb4 glutes, hammies, back, quads, hips
Which one is it???

Rate pls thx

instagram.com/p/BFlUWc4gNGP/

If you have sufficient hip and ankle mobility it's most likely a quad weakness.

I just think that any admission would harm his business, so even if that was true surely he wouldn't discuss with Mr norf

That makes sense, altho in his videos he seems very welcome with the Russian camp at worlds etc and at the national training centres

pent i didnt notice the first time i watched but

your sn is looking p gud

better than before

I got the impression there was 'another' reason, but maybe it's just Jon north trying to sound like an insider

yeah that's what most sources seem to be saying

my front squat is also 30kg behind my squatmorning so... yeah
time to hit the leg press

He is welcome to train, anyone who's been part of the system is look at lapikov, Berestov and all the other old Olympians that still train there sometime

Doesn't mean the coaches would send them to a comp though

Woohoo!

Well 30 kg doesn't really say anything. If you squat 150 kg front and 180 kg back that's not bad but if you squat 30 kg front on 60 kg back that wouldn't be so great.

I suppose, I guess they have other lifters they see as better at 105 for now/the future

didnt have time to fs this morning

gonna do it now

just powers tomorrow

Commie would u wear old skool singlet like anjello

ye

Here you go m8 perfect

looks p dang tacky

why did that power clean look tougher than the jerk?

It has a murrican flag on it course it's tacky

Perf for u ;^)

Juan is so strong but all his squats look so bad.

You shut your whore mouth reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

isn't it supposed to only be like 10-20kg behind?

good thing he doesn't compete in having a pretty squat.

i bent my arms and reverse curled the clean
hey!
his squat is pretty

just noisey

rate

>That fucking hovel
Christ almighty, clean up.

2lazy right now

Yeah mine were pumped yesterday after 4 sets of 3.

instagram.com/p/BFmyXE5hHoP/?taken-by=jonsteinhaur

so fuckin ugo
5kg clean pr tho, 40kg over bw is kinda cool

>instagram.com/p/BFmyXE5hHoP/?taken-by=jonsteinhaur

How did your wrists not break

I mean he has amazing positions in the clean and snatch, why wouldn't his squats be pretty?

when are we going to see some webms of you squatting?
you can censor face pretty easily in most programs these days

Does Caladan still have knee issues?

Fug that's pretty amazing.
I don't think I'll ever reach 90kg Snatch desu, even if I bulked up to 53 :s

Maybe if I got my test levels a bit higher to normal female levels... and started training my upperbody. Not gonna happen tho.

I'll be reaching 2xbw soon. I'll see if I can record the attempt :)
Warning: It's lowbar tho.

>bulked up to 53

you wont be allowed to compete in women's dumbfuck

I don't compete, so I don't really care, but you're factually wrong.
outsports.com/2016/1/21/10812404/transgender-ioc-policy-new-olympics

it says expected right there on the top

so you still wont

fuck, he made that look easy

>calling yourself a female for 4 years and having no test is enough to compete against women
How the fuck is that fair, considering tendon, ligament, muscle fiber density, bone density, and so on being superior in males compared to biological females? Look at the rate of, say, ACL tears in women compared to men, or joint size, etc - it's an unfair advantage, albeit one not easy to quantify in fully transitioned athletes, which is why it should be addressed from the get-go.

olympic.org/Documents/Commissions_PDFfiles/Medical_commission/2015-11_ioc_consensus_meeting_on_sex_reassignment_and_hyperandrogenism-en.pdf

At least try harder with the baits senpai.

I don't compete, so I don't really care much about it.
But we have no evidence so far if the genetic benefits outweighs the extremely low test levels (much lower than natty women's levels, muuuuch lower than olympic women's levels).
Keep in mind HRT changes bone density and etc.

Only future will tell whether it's fair or not, and I'm sure the olympics will be adapting the rules as they go on.
But IIRC there was a mtf cyclist who failed to classify against women in 2012 or something.

Anyways, as I said, I don't compete.

it's the exact same thing you posted that's on the article did you even read what's going on?

fuck you're retarded

Here's your (you)
Put more effort in next time senpai.

you better come up with something better

its the same shit every time you get called out

Better than the official document on the official website of the olympics?

Gnight senpai, enjoy being butthurt.

What the fuck did I just watch?

"obtained a copy of the transgender guidelines the International Olympic Committee is EXPECTED to adopt before the Summer Olympics later this year. "

the guidelines stem from an UNPUBLICIZED "Consensus Meeting on Sex Reassignment and Hyperandrogenism"

The guidelines have NOT yet been distributed by the IOC.

real talk. can you read properly

his issues are never going away

She's just going to keep moving the goalpost don't bother

Damn, there goes any hope for mine getting better.

idk, my wrists are fine desu

Anyone?

bodyrecomposition.com/training/forget-about-bulgarian-training.html/

idk, that article just seems to hammer in the mindset anyone doing bulgarian training already has; that they're a unique special snowflake more hardcore than all those pussies who can't take it

it doesnt address the main problem that is that bulgarian training doesnt build a good foundation of technique, muscle and strength, although it does give good results this will very likely catch up with you sometime. and it doesnt seem to stress how more is not better or justify it well. he even goes to suggest more is better with diminishing returns, which imo is definitely not true. more training, even when it doesnt break you, isnt better, which is what he claims.

a lot of what he writes about the chinese system is not right, even for the guys at the ntc afaik

lyle is a bad writer who uses too many words and doesnt get the point across well, often saying things which are wrong due to lack of research/experience

>Sorry but this is pretty stupid. You are just promoting mediocrity. In 3 years ppl are far away from being an expert in anything.
>Then you imply the Bulgarians were taking PEDs and the Americans don't. Say what? Any idea how many of the high level American sprinters were being caught in the last few years? >All of them.
>Then you say that a country with 7 Mio ppl population has an infinite pool of athletes to throw to the grinder or money to invest in PEDs. Um, no.
>And last - before writing about smtg it's advisable to get correct information about it. You didn't even know how to spell the name of one of the best coaches of all times in OL.
this is exactly the response i expected. lyle is a shit writer

yea, it seems that his only source for chinese weightlifting is mastrength.

also he says that kono advocates training 3 times as if other lifters didnt did the same thing.
I also dont understand why he keeps bringing powerlifting when discussing weightlifting.