QTDDTOT Thread

QTDDTOT Thread.

Still new to Veeky Forums and working out in general. What does 0pl8 or 2pl8 or whatever mean? I figure 2 plates, but what does the 8 mean?

Other urls found in this thread:

t-nation.com/training/the-best-damn-cardio-article-period
usn.co.za/product/core-muscle/engineered-proteins/100-premium-whey-191.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

incredible post

I Googled it and couldn't even find anything and I have yet to see it explained.

Is it true cardiokills gains?
I've been trying to bulk to 160 but I love my morning/nighttime runs

It's been 2 weeks and I've only gained 2 pounds

2pl8 = 2pleight = 2 plate

Anyone have advice for the best treatment for stretch marks?

A pound of week is all you should want to put on and no, it doesn't kill gains if you're eating enough.

wow holy shit

I feel like a retard, thanks user.

Some people say there are creams that work. I only have them on my hips so I've never bothered removing them

Alright. Thank you

Cardio affects your caloric needs by increasing how much energy your body requires each day. Building muscle requires excess energy and protein on top of actually working out. People who do not eat enough while doing cardio and working out will see slower gains or rarely muscle loss if they do not eat enough.
On the other hand you will see more fat loss while doing cardio, working out, and eating less.

How does DB bench correlate to BB bench? I can do 80lbs on DB 3x8 but struggle 3x5 185lbs on BB. 5'10 215lbs

My glasses keep falling off my face when doing certain exercises. I have a nice pair of circle lenses but is it poor form to be having anime eyes at the gym?

Trying to beat my PB on OHP.
Fail after 3 reps but it whatever because I fail all the time.
One difference now is I have a stabbing pain in my left shoulder blade.
What do?

Just take them off and put them aside in a safe place while doing that exercise. If you absolutely can't see without them then tighten them or get contacts.

Does anyone thing that plates could be used in substitution for dumbbells?

I can't afford dumbbells after my rack and weight set.

I'm wondering if I go with plates with grips, if they could be used as makeshift dumbbells for certain exercises. Obviously not all.

Or even if they aren't gripped, just a run a chain through them, and then that chain through a shot pipe for a handle?

I've seriously googled things like
>using plates instead of dumbbells
>dumbbell exercises with plates
>can I substitute dumbbells with plate

pls /fit

The solution is pic related

does this mean 2 plates each side or 2 plates total (one on each side)

sorry im a faggot and a virgin and I have autism and all that stuff yeah I have it answer please now thank you hurry

Sure, but you're limited to 45lb dumbbells.

gooby pls

Stop.
Full stop.
You don't beat your PB by doing your PB for reps. You do a weight that you can do 5-8 times for 3-5 sets with good form and without any pain. Muscle soreness is okay, but any joint or bone pain is bad and you should rest your shoulders until you no longer feel it when moving your shoulder. If it hurts for a several days without moving it at all you should go to a clinic.

Two each side, which is 225 pounds including the bar (assuming olympic bar).

only for now
>implying I cant chain a 45 and 5 together

>implying I don't have shrek hands and cant grab 2 plates at once

They make those dumbbells where you can add your own plates. You have poor research ability

1p8l = 135 then right?

no, I don't want adjustable dumbbells.

honestly, I have no idea why, but I fucking don't

must be my faggot virgin autist HIV spergers condition I have

Yep

also, most decently sized adjustables are standard.

and Olympic dumbbells look fucking bulk as fuck like wtf

and I don't want want 2 mother fucking sets of plates in my life

I think this is fucking reasonable

then who was phone?

My TDEE if I did nothing for the day is 2833 and I eat 1900 calories a day and it's been a month and i've only lost 1.4kg, whats going on?

I have been lifting for eight months
Eight months, five or six times a week, one our per day

WHY AM I STILL LOOKING DYEL???
There are people that make such huge progress in one sigle year, and I don't get what am I doing wrong.

Just bought PMP preworkout.

How often should I take? I heard someone say not every day, and to take on an empty stomach.

Want to make gains using 5x5

What's macros do you suggest for a skinny fat 188cm 85kg ~20% bf person?

Been counting calories for about a week and I'm eating 1.8k calories - 2.5k on a given day.

nutrition bruh

just eat.
1) you're doing a shitty ppl routine
2) nutrition.
Post stats.

What's the deal with pic related?

I keep reading blog after blog saying it's the #1 Legal Supplement after steroids. Are they shills?

My bad y'all

I've just started lifting this past month, I can't seem to progress on OHP at all like I'm supposed to be. I'm only trying 95 lbs and I can do it a few times but I end up hyperextending my back way too much, should I go even lower? Anything else I can do to help out with it?

Flex your abs.

Really helped me with my form.

Are the preset myfitnesspal macro/micronutrients good? I put 1lb/week says to hit 3.5k calories

No macro / calorie calculator is perfect.

Weigh and measure yourself every week and adjust accordingly.

>>I feel like a retard, thanks user.

lol , i appreciate your honesty. you actually weren't trolling.

/r/ing that semen/mineral mix that suggests L-Aginine aswel as some other minerals for semenal gains.

My lifts have been stalling lately, the only one I feel like I can keep moving on is Squats ( and I hate them ) - Bench is "getting there" but I still stall often, OHP is going backwards, and Rows/Deads are on baby weights ( partly because I feel like a tool without using bumper plates and resting them on top of other plates )

1. Is the solution to simply eat more? I already increased my food but found it tricky to maintain unless I'm careless with buying lots of food ( which I'll probably do )

2. rather than trying to +2.5kg every work out like a madman, should/can I go from 5x5 then next workout 3x8, before progressing? as a sort of gain then hypotopy mix?

3. What lifts can replace Deads/Rows? I don't mind if I have to do 2-3 extra lifts, I just really don't like them until I get past the 60kg ( 1 plate ) mark

You are overestimating your TDEE or underestimating your calories consumed

What do you consider to be a good routine?

Switch to anaerobic cardio
t-nation.com/training/the-best-damn-cardio-article-period

2833? Holy shit how tall are you and what's your weight?
But yeah this is very likely of the charts, or you're conting your cals wrong. Though 1.4Kg in a month is not bad!

Valasalva manuever for the core and squeeze your butt. Go lighter if you have to

I'm at 75kg (165 lbs) at around 19%bf. Is it possible to cut down to 10%bf by the end of June? My daily calorie intake is currently at 1800. Should I decrease it further? I work out 3x a week (GSLP).

My brother says my whey is shit but won't tell me why.

I reckon he doesn't actually know why and he's talking out of his ass but I don't want to waste money on inferior whey.

Anyone know if USN premium whey is a good protein powder?

usn.co.za/product/core-muscle/engineered-proteins/100-premium-whey-191.html

>around 19%bf. Is it possible to cut down to 10%bf by the end of June?

Probably not in a healthy way

>calorie intake is currently at 1800. Should I decrease it further?

Maybe. You didnt give you height or sex so its hard to say but 1200-1500 isnt crazy low for most people.

Hahahaha usn.co.za

Where do you train fellow SA fag?

And USB is a shit because of the sugars. Look at the carbs per serving and look how many of those carbs are from sugar

Male, 5'5". Yes I will never learn but whatever.
>tfw can't even reach protein goals with 1800cal

any pill that isn't pure steroids is not some magic supplement that will improve everything about you. Unless you see tests, do not trust the reviews. Companies are known to bot their own reviews for these things.

Your fucking TDEE is 2000! Why the hell are you eating 1800 cal? A 200 calorie deficit is nothing, that's not even half a pound a week.

Up your deficit to 500, 1500-ish per day.

And you shouldn't need more than 130g of protein per day at this point.

3.3g carbs of which 1.7 is sugar. Like, is that a lot? I only have one scoop after a workout.

Im 5'6" 165lbs and eating 1200 on avg on a cut. Even with that I expect many months to cut 9% body-fat. You need to get more realistic.

That's not horrible, but somehow I doubt this is everything. Post pic of the nutrition facts.

There's a reason USB is shit. Biogen is just as shit because it's USB with a different branding. Rather try evox, nutritech etc

To my defense, this is my first time cutting. Is 130g enough? what about carbs and fat then? my computations must have been shit
1200? What do you do when hunger strikes? Whenever I get hungry my body involuntarily shakes and I feel weak af.

basic ratio for cutting: 30% carbs, 30% fat, 40% protein.

Multiple studies have shown that around 1g per pound of weight is plenty for lifting, and usually unless you're a bodybuilder or pro lifter you probably don't even need that much. As long as you're getting 90-130g protein per day you'll be fine.

Had tons and i can say they are hard to get rid of
>marks on my sides from being a fat lard
>marks around my shoulder/pits from growing too fast
>marks on arms from gains

I can say the best thing for the money is cocobutter. Some laser treatments and other creams are a little better but they take just as long or cost a ton.
Palmers did a lot for me but you can still tell they are there.
I'll also say being in the sun helps, but don't be catchin cancer bro

holy shit. when you say cut, do you mean like just eating less for your diet? what's your bf now? i'm 5'7 145 +- 5 lbs

Yeah that's what my brother said, but like I said he can't back it up. He doesn't know why USN is supposed to be inferior, he just heard it around. I want to know the actual reason, like if it's the nutritional content.
My brother's nutritech whey has more sugar per serving than my usn whey (2g and 1.7g respectively)

okay so i'm on a basic strength training program. sl5x5, and recently switched from high bar to low bar. should i just stick to one form or should i switch it around? i know that low bar works the hips more, and high bar works my quads more.

Pick one and stick with it. The differences between the two are pretty damn minor.

how do you keep your lower and upper back straight/neutral during a conventional deadlift? here are my cues:

bar over mid foot,
scalpula over bar
stance less thn shoulder width (jumping width)
bend bar to engage lats,
chest up,
drive hips forward,
engage glutes on top.

240 deadlift is nothing, but it's hard to get it off the ground for me with good form. is this normal? I also "push through the ground with thru mid foot"

Thing is USN had to change their formula, from I think 4 or 5 years ago ever since then they've been average on the nutritional side. Biogen is essentially USN at a marked up price.

The new USN stuff isn't half as bad anymore it was a stigma people had, was a reasonable stigma given almost half the carbs were from sugar back then. They then sort of stole muscletechs recipes after getting one of their researchers which then changed their nutritional value to be acceptable.

People will always talk shit about USN, especially the older lifters because of the stigma it had back then. Though these days they are way better I would still take any brand over USN, just because I dislike the company and what they stand for.

But keep your brotein brethren you'll be fine.

Btw what gym?

Sup, Veeky Forums,

I had a question, how many reps of pistol squats do you think would equate to 1 rm of a 2x bodyweight barbel back/front squat?

Would I need to hold some extra weight in the form of a kettle-bell to achieve the same resistance doing a pistol squat as a 2x bodyweight barbel back/front squat?

Thanks man, brother kept saying I'd be better off chewing broken glass than usn. I'm not up on the history of the company though, what's so bad about them?

Coetzenberg in Stellies. Best gym I ever gymed. You?

No amount of rep work is going to be equal. You'd need to add a fair bit of weight and it still won't be the same sort of movement.

fuck yes you need to hold weights. really what makes a pistol squat hard is the flexibility and not really the strength of one leg.

are you shrugging at the top of each rep?

Ok, thanks

Has anyone here suffered from mild gynocomastia?

I have one nipple that gets puffy/constantly tender/has a small lump under it and looks slightly bigger then my other?

Ive had raised prolactin levels and started hitting the gym a month an a half ago which has lowered my prolactin back down to normal and up'ed my test abit but my nipple still hurts, will it get better Veeky Forums? or am i fucked to have a single man tit?

My gym uses both kg squatracks and lb squatracks. My progress so far is adding 5lbs every workout but sometimes when I go to the kg rack there's nothing available in terms of 5 like lbs so I usually end up just adding 5kg, which is something like 12lbs.

I haven't failed yet, but just curious if adding that much will cause any other bad effects.

What exactly is keeping you from just grabbing a couple of 2.5 lbs plates from the other rack?

Yeah, adding 5 kg at a time isn't sustainable. You'll stall soon. Anyway, aren't there any 1.25 kg plates?

i'm doing bodyweight pull-ups, dips and barbell squats 3 times a week, should i add in other exersises?

Should my feet be close or at shoulder width for a front squat?

It varies, but generally shoulder width or so. You need an insane amount of ankle mobility to do a proper front squat with a close stance.

Cheers

No. Should I be?

A minimalistic routine like that has pros and cons.

PROS
Doing the same exercises very frequently makes you really, really good at those exercises. Progress will be great, especially if you use an undulating set/rep scheme. Works really well to have a heavy, medium and light day too.
Narrowing in your focus to only a few basic exercises that deliver a ton of bang for your buck means you'll have nothing that distracts your efforts from the stuff that's really going to make a difference.

CONS
Over time you won't see as complete muscle development as if you had a more varied exercise selection.
It becomes harder to add variety to your training when you restrict yourself to the same exercises all the time, and variety is needed in the long run or else progress slows down.
If you only do a few exercises there's a risk of developing mobility deficits in areas that you don't really use a lot (the exercises you've chosen are excellent though, so this isn't much of a problem in your case).
If you do only a few exercises there's a risk of leaving certain important muscles understimulated, which can lead to injuries (such as the serratus anterior for example, that your routine doesn't hit very hard - but a little assitance work can take care of that).
Long-term there's a risk of over-use injuries.

The cons are mostly long-term consequences. If you rotate your exercises after a while it's not much of a problem.

Adjustable dumbells are GOAT user.
Uses the same plates, so after the initial purchase (cheap af) you're done.
If you are having trouble getting over your autism (we've all been there) think of it as a babby version of a barbell, one that you can pick up with one hand, isn't that cute?

What effect does Coffee have?

I have 8 cups a day with two spoonfulls of coffee, no sugar but with green milk. I also pop 2-3 proplus a day. Should I cut down or is it probably not making that much of a difference?

>I have 8 cups a day with two spoonfulls of coffee
Do you mean cream or what?
And yeah that is quite a bit user.
Probably won't effect you too much when you're really young, but that much caffeine isn't great for the heart and when you're off it it will be a BITCH.
I would wean myself down to 4 cups a day for heart health mostly, it would have to help sleep quality too.

Im sad. Im destroyed.
I have lifting for some monthes now, and im small as fuck, barely any muscle, what am I doing wrong?.
Is it because I dont buy suplements?
Is it because I dont eat big?
Should I focus in weight instead of repetitions?

I've been eating much less sugar these days, however after workouts I'm fucking dying for a coke. Is this normal? If so what should I eat/drink instead?

WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU EXPECT?!

A couple of months and complete transformation? Thit stuff takes years.

Also, is your diet in check? And have you read the sticky?

do you dudes drink a protein shake on off days?

Veeky Forums I am in dire need of your help
>be girlfag
>have awesome bf, marriage material, 10/10 relationship
>realize I'm getting chubby and haven't lifted in years
>gotta do better for myself and my man
>start cutting and lifting
>combination of lifting and losing 15 pounds starts to show all kinds of gains
>also be bicunt
>suddenly can't stop fantasizing about dominating women
>seriously tempted to ask the bf if I can pick up a girl toy for us at the gay club
>always thinking about teasing some womanlet into exhaustion then letting the bf fuck me raw
What the fuck is happening to me? Lifting raises testosterone in guys, right? Can it happen in women too? I've always liked women but never had a... craving like this before.

No reason not to if you're not getting enough protein for the day through food. Sometimes I do

How much time does Veeky Forums works out?
I work out about 1 and a half hours of lifting and 20 minutes of running.
Am I overtraining or doing al right?

maybe you're just gay
idk, talk w ur bf or some shit, see if hes into it

whatever u guys are comfortable with sexually

also,
>coming to Veeky Forums for relational advice

Oh, I also workout 6 days a week.

Eat more, lift more and do a proper beginners program. Do Reg Parks 5x5

If I need it to hit my macros. I generally don't vary my diet between rest days and workout days.

Someone said it's about .8 of bb bench. I forgot the source but it's been posted in the "ohp,bench a shit" threads.

Also 5'10 but 175 lbs... at 210 and you can't even bench two plates you must be fat as fuck. Start cutting

Dude, a 2x bw squat is somewhere between 2,5 to 4pl8, thats like asking how many pushups equal a 2pl8 bench

Is this normal progress for a bulk? I feel like I haven't changed in size that much and my lifts are progressing very slowly.

March 28: 157.6
April 03: 157
April 07: 159.6
April 09: 161.6
April 11: 161
April 26: 161.2
April 28: 162.2
April 30: 162.2
May 01: 163
May 03: 161.8
May 05:161.2
May 07: 163.2
May 08: 164.2
May 10: 162.8
May 12: 162.8
May 15: 163.8
May 17: 165.2
May 19: 161.6

I'm not sure what the hell happened today with my weight, but in general is this progress slow? I am completely fine if it is, I just want to make sure i am on the right track and not wasting time.

Also I am bulking at 6'0, 161-165 lbs at 3000 calories. If I am doing cardio 3 times a week and lifting 4 times a week does that seem like enough calories to gain weight?