QTDDTOT

I have a few questions and a request:

/r/ing that semen/mineral mix that suggests L-Aginine aswel as some other minerals for semenal gains.

My lifts have been stalling lately, the only one I feel like I can keep moving on is Squats ( and I hate them ) - Bench is "getting there" but I still stall often, OHP is going backwards, and Rows/Deads are on baby weights ( partly because I feel like a tool without using bumper plates and resting them on top of other plates )

1. Is the solution to simply eat more? I already increased my food but found it tricky to maintain unless I'm careless with buying lots of food ( which I'll probably do )

2. rather than trying to +2.5kg every work out like a madman, should/can I go from 5x5 then next workout 3x8, before progressing? as a sort of gain then hypotopy mix?

3. What lifts can replace Deads/Rows? I don't mind if I have to do 2-3 extra lifts, I just really don't like them until I get past the 60kg ( 1 plate ) mark

Other urls found in this thread:

nutritiondata.self.com/topics/fullness-factor
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Can i do my 4-day split as xxxABCD?

does Veeky Forums have a consensus on whether 'starting strength' vs 'phraks greyskull' are better workouts for a beginner looking to purely gain weight?

no

What does 1/2/3/4 mean?

If you're missing a few chromosomes, then by all means.

1 pl8 OHP, 2 pl8 bench, 3 pl8 squat, 4 pl8 diddly

1. What's your diet?

2. Follow your program. I suggest doing SS

3. DONT

Phraks is reddit meme shit, I prefer this one.

So i do 2x5 then do 1x5?

So 15 total?

Can I do SS style ABC on monday, tuesday and wednesday and do volume fullbody in thursday and friday?

I can't do squats or diddlies because of knees, are there any other good compound exercises for lower body that I could do instead?

Care to explain why not ?

no
probably not. those are the only 'good' compound exercises for legs besides deadlifts.

not actually fitness related but are there any Veeky Forums discord servers? anyone got an invite?

My numbers have been increasing at a good rate for the past two months but I noticed today that I've actually been losing weight. What does this mean?

Depends how much weight you've lost.

Strength isn't entirely the same thing as muscle mass. You've been getting stronger, but you may or may not have been putting on muscle (I'd say you probably have but that's a total asspull).

what's a good alternative exercise to work the same muscle groups as a squat exercise?
(since i workout at home and don't have a squat rack)

would kettleball squats be good enough?

newbie to Veeky Forums here, what does it mean when saying "alternate between workouts"

does this mean do only one of those a workout session and then alternate to the other the next workout day?

So my legs are doomed to be chicken legs? What about isolation exercises?

The last set is 1x5+, so you do as many reps as possible without fucking up your form
this is what makes the program fun as fuck

I've started Stronglifts a bit over a month ago, and I haven't really seen any notable gains. I've made sure to eat plenty and gained 5 kg of weight in that period. Am I just impatient and should keep at it, or am I doing something wrong?

Unless you're skinny as fuck, you're gaining weight too fast.

That aside, gains are a slow process. Especially if you're a sedentary fucker starting from nothing - the first few weeks of lifting in that case are 90% learning how to move without a whole lot of muscle gain.

How many calories would you estimate is in pic related?

Kale and Avocado vegan burrito with sweet potatoes, and pickled carrots and ginger.

I went from 72 to 77 kg. Dunno if 72 kg counts as skinny as fuck for a 6'3" dude.
I guess I'll lay off the carbs for a bit and keep at it, thanks.

Holy shit she's perfect

If I'm lifting 6 reps max, and then work my way up to 12 reps max does my muscle actually increase in size?

Or will it only increase in size when I move to the next dumbbell/plate size?

I'm going to finger blast u veggie boy

no do phraks with planks 2xf, 2x10 tricep pushdowns on barbell days and 2x10 barbell curls on bench days

then 3-5 months later move to ice cream fitness routine

it means do overhead press on monday, then bench on wednesday then overhead press on friday

then next week bench will be monday, overhead wednesday and so on

if you were to map it out there would be a week 1 and week 2 alternation

Ice cream fitness is trash.

Read about programming and start adjusting phraks as needed to keep accumulating weekly volume. At some point you'll start adding extra days and changing accessory lifts and hey presto you've successfully created a program that works for you and you are no longer completely retarded.

This is how it works...

You do a certain workout, let's just say it's squats for 3x10 with 80 kg for the sake of simplicity. Doing this workout gets you "5 gainz". You wait a day or two and do the same thing again, but this time - because you've gotten a little stronger and a little more used that particular workout - you only get "4 gainz" from doing it. If you keep doing the same thing, at some point soon your body will have completely accommodated to that particular thing and you'll see zero gainz from doing it.
That's where Progressive Overload comes in, which is just a fancy way of saying that the workout has to keep getting harder as you get stronger. There are many ways of accomplishing this. You could do...

a) 3x11 @ 80 kg

Or you could do

b) 3x10 @ 82.5 kg

Or you could do

c) 4x10 @ 80 kg

Or you could do

d) 3x10 @ 80 kg with shorter rest periods between sets.

The list goes on. The point is to keep trying to do something a little harder than last time. Eventually you do need to increase the weight of course.

>then 3-5 months later move to ice cream fitness routine
That's some terrible advice right there.
Also, I don't like Phraks version. Stick to the original, and if you want something a little more exotic there are plenty of suggestions in the book.

Are BCAAs bullshit or not? Getting mixed messages here.

Thanks for the info!

Have an annoying case of golfers/tennis elbow, have taken 2 weeks off liting and started back a few days ago, found out that any pulls will flare it up again, but presses/pushes are fine.

What exercises can I do to treat this / stop it from coming again?

Looking at getting a sleeve, but I don't think this will do much for curls.

Mostly bullshit. It works, but whey seems to work better in almost every case, so there's really no reason to ever take BCAA.
The one thing BCAA has going for it, is that it's very rapidly absorbed into the blood stream (even more so than whey), so I mean if you need to be lifting weight 20 minutes after you get out of bed in the morning, then I suppose it has value, theoretically.

Try to stay away from anything that locks your hands into position. That means that for rows and curls barbells are a no-go. Pull-ups on bars are a no-go. Pulldowns with most attachments are a no-go.
Use dumbbells, rings, and if you have access to a pulldown tower with double cables then that works too.
Also try to avoid complete extension of the elbow for a while. Stop the movement a little before that point.

Implement these changes for a while and see if it doesn't make a huge difference.
And of course, warm up properly!

WIll do. cheers

You can try to go back to some of these exercises again when you start feeling better. Just be aware of two things.
First, your elbows aren't completely "healed" the second they stop hurting, so don't be too quick to jump back in.
Second, supinated grip on a straight bar is the most "dangerous" exercise in this regard, so stay away from chin-ups and yates rows for a long time.
Otherwise just ease back into it.

After cutting I am now 180lbs at 12% bodyfat. I am happy with this since abs are visible and I would now like to just maintain.

Is the 14-16 cals x lbs bodyweight rule a good wY to calculate maintenance cals?

15 x 180 is 2700, which seems high for somebody like myself lifting intensely only 3 times a week and doing HIIT twice a week.

I just don't want the bodyfat to creep back up but I'd like to enjoy eating more again. What do, lads?

So it pretty much looks like 90% of my upper body exercises are gone for the next while.

Time to start a cut I guess.

You always have options. There are plenty of ways to work around injuries and pains - always.

Alright, thanks user

How much more weight do i have to lose to lose the tits and the stomach?
This is 67kg/147lbs at 178cm/5'10

diet is a lot of chicken and I'm getting into a lot of eggs.

also I really want to progress past and not look like a retard trying to space up the weights to a normal high

I jacked off some minutes ago accidentally.

Is it ok to go to the gym now or will i suffer weakness?

Some people told me before, that they feel weak and can't lift heavy weights after they masturbated, but i never did it before i went to the gym.

How hungry should I feel on a cut/diet?

It's about 40 minutes before lunch and my stomach is grumbling. Im aware that starving myself isn't a good thing.

But hunger feeling for an hour or so is OK right?

You're going to feel hungry when you are cutting. It isn't really an indicator of anything other than you are hungry

I want to start a small set of toning exercises. I know I won't get strength from this. But here's my plan:
Pressups: 10x3 (will increase reps as I improve)
Diamond pressups: 10x3
Plank and reverse plank: 3x30seconds
Chair dips: 3x10
Table pull ups (no where I can put a pull up bar): 10x3

Am I missing anything major. I have 0 equipment.

I cycle to work and swim for cardio.

I know id feel hungry, but just don't want to be starving myself.

>toning

Just fucking get out

If u live in a first world country, you have probably never felt real hunger. Stop being a pussy

Any health reasons why I might not want to eat fish every day?

I get fresh caught tuna, salmon, etc. from the harbor for way, way under market price, so I'm curious.

Some fish (top level predators like tuna mostly) might present a risk of heavy metal poisoning if your intake gets large and frequent enough, but that's about it.

Should I be worried about something like 200g x 2-3 a week of tuna?

Probably not.

>Probably

I like those chances! Thanks.

I want to improve my booty as it's quite flat but I work a lot where I am sat down for the majority of the time.

This has probably been asked a million times, but when doing meal prep, do you weigh the food before or after cooking?

What is the policy on closing the glottis during yoga? Never ever or sometimes?

>highbar squat 3 plate
>deadlift 2.5 plate
why is my diddy weaker than my squat?
What am I doing wrong?

I sit at least 10 hours a day. My ass is pretty nice though. Just do your diddys and skwatz

You squat high, you have shit proportions for deadlift or your deadlift technique is horrendous.

Those would be the usual options.

depends on what your nutritional facts are. Usually they're for raw food so you weigh it then. The weight lost by heating is nearly 100% water so you don't lose any nutrients when cooking.

shampoo again after gym y/n?

Deadlift more often. Probably shitty form

I'm not interested in doing more than just toning up a little bit. I know I'm not going to get "muh gains" from any of this. But just firm up what I've got.

It doesn't work like that. Read the sticky.

Also, the workout routine you have planned is terribly imbalanced.

Are you on the west of coast? that's where mercury laced tuna is a large concern.

Please improve it then.

The sticky only talks about lifting weights.

toning is literally cutting. Do cardio and that's it.

I am cutting and doing cardio as I stated. All I'm really looking for is something for my chest and abs to be a little more than sticks. Without going the way of lifting.

Does this even work? Anyone uses this?

waste of trips.
Get a fucking gym membership and do it right

What effect does Coffee have?

I have 8 cups a day with two spoonfulls of coffee, no sugar but with green milk. Should I cut down or is it probably not making that much of a difference?

Do carbs and fat matter when losing/gaining weight? I mean as long as I hit my protein and target calories, can I simply let the remainder of my calories fat and carbs just fall into place?

so i'm bulking at the moment and my tummy is gaining a significant amount of fat, is this normal?

work for what?
calories in calories out.
herballife,slimfast,juiceplus

all the same

What is instinctive training? Can someone define it for me? I've seen it discussed as another style of training but all I'm getting from it is "go to the gym. Do whatever you want and still make gains"

That's pretty much it.

Like you'd expect, it totally relies on the person having a very good read on their body and a solid understanding of what they need to do to get from point a to b. Most people will fuck it up.

to make gains you need to follow a plan and use progressive overload

you need to be tracking your progress

yh i guess u will make gainz if you just go and fool arround but not significant and you wont know where to start each time u go in

Ah okay I see. It seems that if you follow the correct diet of your goals, apply progressive overload in your training, track your progress, only then does instinctive training become viable. Thanks guys

Dips and crunches bish

i also believe in applying progressive overload to your eating also

i can now eat 12 boiled eggs in 1 sitting working my way up to 15

Drink more water. Also eat more foods that are high on the satiety index to stay feeling full for longer: nutritiondata.self.com/topics/fullness-factor

Veg and fruits are good for this because they're low calorie for larger portions.

fructose

Going to be moving to University in September, at the minute I've got my workout sorted but my diet is a bit lacking (mainly because I'm terrible at preparing food), at the minute I'm just eating the same stuff all the time and I know keeping it bland probably isn't going to help me keep consistent with my diet. Are there any places that help someone with the culinary skills of not good cook get better at cooking on a budget?

Hidden kek

yh go to the kitchen

put egg whites in the microwave
eat till gone

put oats un bowl ad water microwave
eat till gone

take tub of cottage cheese each night
eat till gone

upen can of kidney beans
eat till gone

take greek yogurt add protein powder
eat till gone

shits easy yo

Use uni to learn to cook a bit more, use the Internet.
Start easy work your way up and if I had to give one tip it'd be but some spices, lots of them.

thank

No. Over-shampooing is a good way to ruin your hair

Fructose eaten from fruits isn't comparable to Fructose from soda.

whats that got to do with the price of eggs?

instinctive training is just bodybuilding - aka just moving weights and waiting to get bigger or lose fat.

if you use the muscle, it will get bigger with sufficient resources. basically no thought has to be put behind it, hence why people claim its just 'instincts bro' - which is just a douchey way to say they have no clue what they're doing and just do what they feel like that day depending on what they're in the mood for or whats sore/not sore that day.

if you have any goals deeper than hypertrophy you will have to put more effort in other than 'muh instincts'

I seem to be getting lower back pain after I squat, I am not sure what I am doing wrong with my form, should I record myself squatting?

dont arch your back

you should record yourself and see - some discomfort might be normal though if you have a weak back and dont deadlift/fatigue your back before squats

yes, its normal for a guy eating too much to get fat.

that's generally the accepted plan of action, even when bulking.

something something caffeine abuse something something possible long term effects.

I would cut down just for the sake of not being dependent on it and avoiding withdrawal symptoms if you cant get your hands on it for a while.

>accidentally
yeah happens all the time.

just go, its more of a psychological thing cause you feel all relaxed and lazy.

>How much more weight do i have to lose
more. repeat until desired body.

But for shallow aesthetics only goals it's fine? :)

I'm a 5'3 short manlet. Is there any point in me getting an aesthetic body? Or should I juSt try to look good in clothes?