What are your thoughts on Paleo type eating?

What are your thoughts on Paleo type eating?

I have been under prolonged stress for a long time and been eating like shit. My insulin resistance is probably through the roof and I'm on a path to developing type II diabetes.
I feel like shit every day.
I am, however, finally stress free and want to get back in shape. I have got maybe 15 kgs of fat to drop, need to do some cardio and gain back my strength.

Would Paleo help me with my goals?
Why and why not?

Please don't turn this into discussion about Crossfit. I have no love for it, but I'm trying to be an open-minded person.

its shit

>paleo

What's happening in the Webm?

It's the same as eating clean but with pointless limitations.

Paleo will help you because you will watch and count what you eat properly

You can do that without paleo

Care to explain? Or do you just think it's bad because Veeky Forums said so?

She's getting lectured.

If your pre diabetic and have shit insulin resistance you'd be perfect for a low carb diet

Broscience. Restrictive diets are not sustainable in the long term. Lack of carbs will make you feel like hell.
Just count calories and macros should be in the right ballpark.
Read the fucking sticky. 99% of the diet knowledge you need is there. Everything else is overcomplification.

I know.
I have been consuming so many carbs lately that I think I should really lower them.

How about this. You shut your mouth. Or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and I'll shut it for you.

OP why are you being such a faggot again? I have tried paleo for a couple of years and was speaking from experience. If can't handle different opinions then don't ask questions from user. You're acting like a bitch.
(A fat bitch that is.)

Because I take it personally when someone tells me to read the fucking sticky.

>I have tried paleo for a couple of years and was speaking from experience.
Couldn't you just say this? Instead of 'broscience'.

Jesus, that second reply. What the fuck. You asked for peoples thoughts and got them.

Fine, your diet is fine princess. Eat the fucking ice cream, get diabetes and do us all a favor by getting buried.

Still tho, high insuline resistance means a lot of exposure to insuline, so he might be better off running keto for like a month to lower his insuline resistance to a healthier level before he picks up a regular nonrestrictive but healthy/controlled diet.

Because it's the exact kind of response I expected from Veeky Forums. Just memes with no actual content or reasoning.

who dis?

Does anyone read the sticky anymore?

Jesus op just read the sticky

It's all there

Can't you read?

Emma Rohan.

I read the sticky back in 2010.

'Coz paleo really includes a fuckton of broscience. Pseudostudies and cherrypicking done by fucking chiropracicians and "nutritional therapists ". That's like a definition of broscience.
It works of done right. IIFYM works just as well and is more sustainable socially and economically and doesn't give you unnecessary guilt if you crave ice cream or whatever (just include it in your macros and calories).

Low carbon doesn't give you any metabolic advantage either. It just makes working out harder.

Also
>takes it personally
>on anonymous medieval jewelcrafting board

New fag

What's the sticky?

And you couldn't reply with "are you speaking from experience?" as opposed to threatening someones teeth in (Over the internet no less, fuck you're a hero)

You asked for thoughts. He provided his thoughts (which on a fitness forum, just possibly may imply experience, otherwise why would you ask?). At no stage did you ask for any specific content.

So, lets extrapolate - You're a fat, weak, pre diabetic who expects us to do your research for you and disregards the sticky which is written for exactly for this purpose. Further, you become a bitchy child when you get a response you dislike from an user with actual experience.

Read the sticky you fucking manchild.

Then read it again. It's literally in there.
>caloric deficit xF
>If you want to maintain muscle get your proteins
Why do you faggots need everything spoonfed.

>anonymous medieval jewelcrafting board
>my chipped sides

On the first page their is a dancing dinosaur running back and forth at the top. The links contain a compendium of fitness resources and include a substantial beginners guide.

I think I'd be fine if my diet was just her poop

Fair reasoning.

>Low carbon doesn't give you any metabolic advantage either. It just makes working out harder.
Working out is already hard and I eat a lot of carbs. I also get at least 120 grams of protein every day. Yet my lifts have been on a steady decline since last autumn. What gives?

Thanks dude!

Are you eating more or less than your tdee?

Perfect for your situation. I did it. No carbs other than those occurring naturally in green vegetables. Don't eat fruit or starchy veg. Remember Dairy has carbs from Maltose. Don't uses dairy. No grains or baked goods.

his reply is cringeworthy af, but he is right to a certain degree. Veeky Forums doesn't even bother to discuss something, they just throw around some memes and sarcasm and they consider that proper reply.

The amount of shitposting increases every year

>threatening someones teeth in
It's /tv/ pasta.

>At no stage did you ask for any specific content.
>Why and why not?
Again. When I get replied with memes I'll reply back.

Usually more, hence the fat gain.
I have had periods of eating under TDEE, but it just made me feel like shit.

Also, the sticky dismisses macronutrient ratios of having any importance. I don't get why the typical Veeky Forumsizen worships it so much.

>usually more
Either more or less commit to one don't flip flop

How's your programming going? Sticking to a strength building program or are you flip flopping with that too

Trying to maintain my strength. Can't squat due to patellar tendinitis.
Pretty much looks like this:
A
>OHP 3x RPT
>Pull-ups 3x RPT

B
>DB BP 3x RPT
>Machine Row 3x RPT

Reverse pyramid training because I don't have the energy to lift 3x5 anymore. I honestly don't know what the fuck is going on.

>can't handle 3x5
>doing 6,8,10 reps

Lowering weight by 10% each set.

Bros, the science doesn't agree with you, but if it worked for you then good going.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiUyjMjuLl0

Same goes with OP; find whatever works for you, but if you restrict or do against the sticky's advice you're gonna have a bad time.

also
[facebook]/brad.schoenfeld.cscs/posts/10208954322596338

OP, just read this to get your priorities right.

[facebook]/permalink.php?story_fbid=970812449647226&id=167564266638719&substory_index=0

Type 1 diabetic here.

Paleo, like keto, atkins, cambridge, south beach and other low carb diets are mostly meme marketing campaigns selling ebooks.

BUT low carb diets ARE a good thing for diabetics but also anyone with shitty diet or taking up fitness due to the propensity for more protein and healthy fats and the funnelling towards eating less processed foods.

The key to losing weight for me has always and will always be to simply eat more vegetables. Most people think of weight loss as "avoid eating X Y Z" when that's almost universally shown not to work. Aiming to eat more veg makes you fuller for longer and eat less carbs and fats naturally, while also changing your tastes. Slowly but surely your diet becomes healthy on its own.

As a side note, it'd also help with any insulin resistance/effects of type 2 diabetus you're worried about, since your pancreas, kidneys and liver will be under less stress overall. You'll also likely start to feel more consistent energy levels as a result of smaller blood sugar spikes. Just remember that protein also effects bloodsugar, and fat to an extent, and that carbs aren't really the enemy, but refined carbs and lack of fibre and balance will fuck you up. Hence focus on more veg and less processed food.

Rock on

>ywn get a girl that cute in your entire life
just fucking end it

>eating meat eggs and veggies
>bad

Never reply to me again

The idea is that you dont have to watch and count what you eat. Its pretty simple, eat lots of meat, fruit and veggies. End of story. You can eat as much as you want.