Crossfit Shenanigans

I tried cf for a bit out of curiosity but seriously is this sort of shit normal/accepted amongst the community?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4555591/#!po=80.1587
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>normal/accepted
Less and less. But also depends on the gym.

Doesn't get more 21st century than this

well if she was trans and he was trans and they were lesbians and had adopted black kid with aids and down syndrome it would be more 21st century

kekkkkkkkkkkk

#GlutenFree

>she

This has nothing to do with crossfit, it's just people being retarded

This is accepted, reasonably sure planks on a wall or whatever are okay by them.

I don't know what this picture means.

I don't understand what's going on here
Is it ninja level because they're up high? What would that matter?
>tfw planking on skyscraper for maximum gains

>its just people being retarded

That's the definition of crossfit

I do not understand a pic.
They are doing plank on a brick wall, which is not very high.
What is crazy about it?

Also, 120 second? The fuck is this baby shit? But hey, no wonder she looks fat.

>when idiots try to design workouts
Not inherently crossfit though

(you)
So you're no longer ignorant, the definition of crossfit is cross platform training, a combination of powerlifting, oly lifting, strongman and sports training.

Cry all you want crossfitter but crossfit is shit and you know it

Forgot to add the rest of the definition.

>Crossfit is cross platform training, a combination of powerlifting, oly lifting, strongman and sports training.
And it manages to fail miserably at all of them, while raking in more money than any other gym from idiots.

If you'd do them properly you'd probably not even be able to hold them for 60 seconds.

Stay mad.

>i'm 12 and my generasiun sux xDDDD

What does crossfit accomplish that prolonged HIIT and weightlifting can't? Besides morbid, life altering injuries

There actually is a strength and conditioning journal study proving that the injury rate of crossfit is about 20%, equat to that of weightlifting and powerlifting.

Before you ask for a link.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4555591/#!po=80.1587

Not him, but with planks you're supposed to squeeze your legs and ass really hard.

It actually works your core and you can't waste minutes getting no gains that way. Then once your lower back starts drooping you stop and do another rep.

I don't know if that's what he was talking about, but anyone getting even a minute on a plank is doubtful that they're doing them correct or efficient.

wall jumping training?

then why is planking world record like 8 hours? if he "does them wrong" shouldn't the record be disqualified?

>12 month study
>they had no previous history of injury
>comparable to powerlifters and weightlifters in injury scale
>as the sport grows, the injuries will increase

That's just around where you linked too. I can't fathom how you thought that would help

That means that these people are newly injuring themselves within 12 months that compares to people who've lifted for years with repeated injuries. Jesus fuck how horrifying.

Are they also comparing those 12 months of crossfit to weightlifters ever since it started too? I didn't skim through enough to get an answer.

Because he's letting his back sag and setting himself up for injury. Planking has become just holding yourself up for long periods of time regardless of form.

But if you are doing them at home, do yourself a favor and flex the absolute fuck out of your lower body and abs, and notice the difference. Not only is it safer on your back, but it'll save you a tremendous amount of time that would be nigh wasted otherwise.

They're comparing those athletes to other recreational and competitive weightlifters, gymnasts and powerlifters

If you go a bit higher you can read that some of them do have a history of injuries

And yes, as involvement in Crossfit increases, the risk of injury does too, same as the other sports mentioned. You can't be snatching over three plates with no risk of fucking your shit up

Crying for attention while risking injury, yeah it's standard Crossfit

I think it's a funny image, but what she's trying to do is to do a continental or anyhow - Basically what the clean evolved from. You'll also notice that she's using an axle, which is too thick to clean properly (generally speaking), so what she's doing is more or less a legit exercise. That said, I don't think I'd have liked to know how it went for her.