Same Food Everyday

Im too lazy to look up new recipes and cook different food everyday.

If you had to eat the same food every day,what would you choose?

My picks so far are oats,soy milk,different frozen berries,bananas,apples,oranges,different nuts,rice,spinach,broccoli,brussels sprouts and tofu.

Is there anything else I should add? I occasionally eat some fish or chicken breast, but Im trying to keep it vegan only for heart health reasons.

I make lentils pretty often and just splash on a hot sauce I like

Ah yeah,I forgot about lentils,I like to leave them with brown rice in the slow cooker over night and put some sriracha sauce over it, damn tasty

This is a bait thread, but:

Fuck lentils.

Chickpeas taste way better.

Not bait,im srs.

Explain,why are they better? I bought them once but it's too much of a hassle to soak them with water before cookig them

I like chickpeas but lentils have more protein, slightly more minerals, and can be cooked in like 20 minutes without needing to be soaked for 6+ hours beforehand

>soy milk
what are you, a girl?

I like salmon a lot. Just buy yourself a lot and add some seasonings and bake it.

I feel you, man.
I can't keep up a routine of good eating habits unless I eat the exact same food every day.
Even alternating two different meal plans doesn't work.
I'm starting to get back into the gym game after some downtime and I was actually planning my diet today. First phase is experimentation of course. I find meals that I like and I combine them into one day and see how the macros and overall satisfaction plays out.

What I have decided on so far:
>Iced coffee with almond milk and whey (this is already a routine, it's amazing)
>Oats with whey and maybe a banana and/or blueberries (can't live without it)
>500 g of chicken breast (I don't know if I can afford it)
>something to eat with the chicken, probably 500 g of frozen broccoli and a couple of tomatoes
>varying fruits (I just eat what I feel like, the type of fruit won't affect macro composition much)

Right now I just lack a good source of fat. I'm leaning towards nuts (omega 6 to 3 ratio concerns me), maybe olive oil with the chicken meal. Fish oil, too.

I used to do this with macaroni, ground beef, oats and whey. Kept it up for 6 months or so until I decided that it couldn't have been very healthy. But I made good gains and lost fat.

I like your list, although I don't get how avoiding fish or chicken breast would be beneficial to health.

Better amino acid profile

I'd buy almond milk since it tastes a million times better but that shit is expensive in Germany

Salmon is dope, I just couldn't eat it everyday.

I've been eating the same shit for 4 months now while cutting (except for cheat meals which i have every 2 weeks planned out).

Basically i take a ceramic pot (pic related), throw in diced potatoes, onion, bell pepper and diced chicken, add salt/spices, mix it up and put it in the oven for 45 mins.

It's pretty fast when you have all the materials prepped and quite tasty (the chicken it not quite fried, but fried-steamed in a sense).

Dude that sounds awesome.
Does the pot have a lid?
How do you wash the pot?
The chicken is raw before you dice it, right?
I really want to try this. I have been ovening chicken breasts and they taste really bland although I spice them and use a BBQ sauce.
t.

Why not work with food categories rather than complete meal plan?
My breackfast and afternoon snacks are practically always the same, but for the main dishes I use either lentils, beans or rice or sweet potatos as starch, then a bunch of veggies stew as veggies, and chiken breast either diced ande cooked with the rest or cooked alone.
The problem with eating always the same thing is that you develop carences, and boredom

You're spot on,unless I eat the same stuff everyday I tend to eat unhealthy food because I didn't prepare for it.

Definitely get some nuts going,probably walnuts and/or peanuts,they've got dem dere healthy fats.

I watched some videos and read some articles about how to deal with high blood pressure,some of the dudes say that eating animal protein could be a part of the problem so ever since I try to cut out animal products as much as possible

That sounds pretty cool, is that some kind of traditional cooking method?

I tend to get half assed about my diet when I'm not eating the same strict food daily,I just can't help it,it's much easier knowing what I have to buy,when I have to cooking it and knowing at the end of the day it was some healthy food.
I et like this for almost two years now and every 6 to 9 months I switch it up a bit to add better food choices

Here is a photo of an old recipe with pork. In it i pre-fried the ingredients, but i later found out it's not really necessary.

My pots are 600ml each, but i would suggest getting one big one. You want one with a lid, the inner surface should be glazed (shiny), because it will be easier to clean and won't retain smell.

For potatoes/onion/pepper, it's not necessary to pre-fry/steam them before putting in the pot.
As for meat, it's better to half-fry it before putting it in.
You can also add a stock to the pot to make it soup-like.

It's has something to do with slav cooking i believe, got the recipe from my grandmother

Thanks bro. Saved. You are awesome.
Have you tried adding frozen veggies there? I really like them for their convenience but I fear they would make the food really wet.

I haven't really tried frozen ones, but i think you would like some moisture in there so the dish woudn't "dry out".

For meat i usually buy chicken in bulk, slice it up into 200g portions of cubes and freeze it. The night before cooking it i just remove it from the freezer into the fridge and by morning it's defrosted. I partially fry the chicken and add some soy sauce and salt for taste.

I usually peel my onions beforehand and store them in an air-tight container in the fridge (usually 2-3 days ahead in amount). So i just need to grab my onions, chop them up and throw them in the pot.

For bell peppers i leave them as they are. I clean them and chop them up just before cooking.

I clean the potatoes also beforehand for 2-3 days and hold them in the fridge. They can change color a bit, but overall the taste/quality doesn't chance.

Again i would suggest getting one big pot, because it's usually a hastle to mix in small pots.

For some protips, rosemary adds a nice aroma to the whole meal. Soy sauce can make it more flavorable and enjoyable.

You can shuffle the ratio of meat/potatoes to meet you macros and cals and make up your own recipe (depending if you're bulking or cutting).

Again, thanks.
I'll definitely go shopping on Saturday and look for a big pot.

You'd think that with all the autists in Veeky Forums there would be more people interested in this topic.

Shit, might as well contribute.

For when you need some macros quick:

Instant noodles + tuna (in brine) + boiled egg (2)

For when you're bulking:

Pork sausages diced + beans + carrots + pepper + water. Throw ingredients in a large pot and let it cook for 3 hours.

Salad: Feta + shredded chicken + lime vinaigrette + lettuce + tomatoes + corn.