/fnd/

Food-Nutrition-Diet General

ITT: we post recipes/meal ideas, argue about nutrition, and talk about our diets.

You can also post cutting/bulking feels, progress, CBT, etc if there's no other thread active or if you just want to post it here.

Tripfagging allowed if you want to.

I'm going to try and make this a daily thing.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_salads
youtube.com/watch?v=fae8gvRiiCM
youtube.com/watch?v=oR3Z028prSU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How do I become not a lazy shit

I would love to be a first reply

If I'm trying to lose weight as a fatty and I havent started lifting I should eat low carbs/high protein/moderate fat while on a deficit right?
I feel like I eat too many fruits and that's why I haven't been able to lose too much weight

Also what are some good veggies to eat while trying to meet the above macros? Broccoli and spinach are a must, and I like Brussel sprouts but what else?
What are some other meats I can eat besides chicken and fish?
What's a good way to prepare canned tuna to make it less dry than dousing it in mayo?

What are some good salads? Made a big Greek salad but would get sick of it if I had it everyday, anyone got anything with mint and cous cous?

So what are you bros eating? For me it's just one whole chicken breast (grilled) and (microwaved/grilled with butter) frozen veg (broccoli, cauliflower , carrots). Tastes good but I've used a lot of oil/butter and this makes me feel bad.

Struggling here as well, but if you tell me what you mean exactly I might be able to give you some advice. Do you mean in a meal prep kinda way?

Generally if you just eat lower carbs if you are not working out but want to lose weight you should be fine although I would advise exercise as soon as you can and then protein becomes a bit more important. As for veggies try bell peppers, mushrooms, sweet potatoes, asparagus and big bags of frozen veggies are good and quick. Best of luck user!

I'm on a cut and I recently started eating some 250-300 kcals of carb heavy things towards the evening.

I swear it's making me feel less hungry and more energetic.

Thanks
I'm gonna start lifting with a buddy who already lifts very soon, and I've been doing cardio the past week with the intention to do it daily
I'm also not sure if I should continue eating at this deficit as a lift. I'm 5'10 180 and my tdee is something like 2300 kcal but I aim for 1500 and sometimes eat fewer

>I should eat low carbs/high protein/moderate fat
kinda, yeah, but the most important things are that you
>1. get your protein
>2. eat at a caloric deficit
unless you're looking to do a low-carb diet like keto, it shouldn't matter that much, especially if you eat clean.

My former dietician recommended half a kilo of fruit a day (or, alternatively, two bananas), and this was on a 1500cal diet.

>first week of keto
>on a real tight budget

i am so bored of eggs and fish
chicken is the only meal i look forward to. diced, roasted well, veg, shit tons of spice

what other cheap stuff can i add? thinking tuna and cottage cheese. i already eat like 6 chicken fillets a day, can't add any more

Thing is, I was eating at a deficit and haven't really lost too much weight the last 3 months. I was eating a shit ton of carbs tho, like a smoothie with a banana, a few strawberries and a handful of blueberries, then a salad for lunch and most of my snacks tended to be carb based. I didn't eat much rice or pasta tho, so I was thinking I was still eating too many carbs and not enough protein

Honestly I'm no expert but get creative with food and remember working out is always better then not working out

>What are some other meats I can eat besides chicken and fish?
lean beef (that you can also ground up and make hamburgers), you can occasionally have pork too, it's just fat. just make sure you watch your macros/cals. basically any meat, preferably quality cuts. for example I occasionally like to treat myself to some lamb/mutton.

>Having two separate, smaller boxes sitting snugly inside a larger box

That is some very organised meal prep.

I'll kick off the progress.

I'm 5'9 and hover around 162lbs. I'm cutting on 1,600 calories per day right now.

My goal is 10% body fat but I've been stalling pretty hard for the past few weeks. What % do you guys think I'm at now?

realistically speaking most people tent to either
>underestimate how much they eat
>miscalculate their BMI/TDEE/deficit
especially when starting off.

calculate everything again carefully and track EVERYTHING you eat for a while. try to have some sort of structure to your meals so that in time it gets easier to approximate how much you've ate/ need to eat.
something like
>morning: protein shake
>snack: fruit
>lunch: chicken, veg
>snack: fruit
and so on.

as Veeky Forums will gladly tell you, it's physically impossible to eat below your TDEE and not lose weight (with the exception of small variations due to water weight).

also be aware that your TDEE changes as you lose weight, meaning the less you weight the less you need to eat. so keep recalculating every month or so.

watch out with those carb snacks and track them. I'm willing to bet they are at fault here. for example one of my favourite snacks is a croissant with chocolate filling. only one of those is about 500cal, more that enough to utterly destroy your calorie goal for the day.

>What's a good way to prepare canned tuna to make it less dry than dousing it in mayo?
I just get the "shredded, with oil" cans. It's usually just a bit of soybean oil and water. Not much of it will be left after you drain it. Check the macros if you're worried. Probably better that drowning it in mayo.
For me personally it's:
>shredded in oil = delicious, drain and eat
>cunk/soild in water = digusting

Honestly I don't know what advice to give you. You seem to be eating at your BMR right now. How does your training look like?

Maybe look into PSMF. Read Lyle McDonald's Rapid Fatloss Handbook. Like with SS, you can find a bunch of information online about it, but it'll never be the same as reading the actual book.

After a few years of dieting on and off I haven't found many salad that I like, so here's what I do instead: make a salad with only one (or two) veg, examples:
>lettuce, oil, salt, vinegar
>tomatoes, white cheese, oil, salt
>sauerkraut, oil, plenty of pepper, little to no salt
>radishes, sliced (very thin like chips. use a vegetable slicer and try not to cut your fingertips off), oil, salt
It may sound bland but I swear it's tasty. Try it. At least, this is what works for me.

bonus: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_salads

does anyone else snack on frozen fruit straight from the freezer? it satisfies that craving for something sweet, crunchy, and cold at the same time.

I tend to wake up with low blood sugar / mad sugar cravings so I'm just gonna get a shitload of frozen raspberries to eat in the morning.

btw raspberries have the highest fiber content of any fruit afaik, they're also very low-cal.

Recommending Chanko Nabe (sumo wrestler soup) for recomping or bulking (even cutting if you leave carbs out). Full of protein and goodness. Easy to make. Tastes umami.

Got a good recipe or is any I find gonna be good?

Can you make kebabs like that in the oven?

What cut of beef should I buy for that?

Marinade or nah?

>put like a cup of frozen blueberries in a bowl
>add a little milk
>stir

it turns into something like ice cream

Frozen blueberries are GOAT

Look up Alan Thrall's recipe

What are the typical foods you consume on PSMF? I can't even think of some means of eating real food without going over 20-25g fat. I prefer not to eat canned tuna every day.

What do you guys usaully eat for lunch? I have my dinner and breakfast planned out by I never know what to eat for lunch.

I've been cycling PSMFs for 4 months now. What works best is eating the same few things over and over again.

Personally, I go with:

>100 grams of whey (~100 g protein)
>.5 - 1 lb (50-100 g protein) chicken breast - brined and grilled
>Thinly slice red/green cabbage & 1 red/yellow capsicum
>Grate 1 cucumber and 1 carrot
>Combine dijon mustard, apple-cider vinegar, light mayo, and caraway seeds for dressing

There have been many days where I just go with straight whey - as long as you keep up on your vitamins/fish oil you'll be fine.

I know you are OP

Thanks, seems easy enough

How much should I worry about fat and sodium intake? They aren't bad fats like from pastries and Bullshit like that. Just peanut butter and nuts to help get my protein. I only consume about 70 grams.

Kale salad my man with cashews and tuna or chicken

eat less peanut butter. shits not great for you man

I tried that Chicken and salsa crockpot thing I saw an user post on here a while ago and it was goat. Super easy too which I'm all about.

Just put a few chicken breasts in the crockpot, dump a jar of your favorite salsa in, and let it simmer for 6 hours. It's so tender

U guys weigh your chicken breast before or after cooking? I do it after since it will lose its water con tent during the process. Also anyone know the difference between white and brown rice? Brown rice is extremely expensive in my area. I buy 50 pounds of white rice for 30 dollars but the same bag is 80 dollars for brown rice. Is it really worth the investment?

>first week of keto
>i am so bored of eggs and fish
Two months in. Buy a set of spices, shit doesn't get easier. I've learned quite a bit about pork/beef roasts and cheeses since I started.
Make sure those are fatty tuna and dark meat, too much protein fucks up keto.

Anyonw have any good videos on nutrition and how the body works?

I see, thanks. Likely I'm gonna have to eat lots of canned goods (don't want to take 4 scoops of whey a day). Shrimp I heard is good too, albeit expensive.

herbs, spices and learning to use aromatics like onions, carrots, celery, garlic, etc.

also marinades and sauces.

Who /homemade pizza/ here?

i weigh before since i assume the nutrition facts on the pack are for raw weight.

even if the water cooks out, it's still going to be the same macros when cooked. the protein doesn't evaporate, brah

since the weight varies so much depending on how long/how you cook the chicken, i think raw weight is more accurate.

>30 minutes before bed
>mfw cup cottage cheese + tbsp berry preserves
If this shit didn't have so much sodium I'd eat a container a day

How are those DIETS going for you BETA MALES? Maybe if you had ALPHA genetics like ME you could eat PIZZA all day. I'm on my FIFTH box of PIZZA today and in no end of sight and I still have a nice FACE, good FRAME, and 6'4" HEIGHT. Tell my GYMCELS; when you lose all that FAT will it have been worth it? While you were losing WEIGHT; I've been fucking your CRUSH all day. You think she'll ever go back to your UGLY ass self? Think again TURBO NERD.

Anyway buy LOSERS I got some more PUSSY to CRUSH.

You're basically limited to whey and a bunch of shit-eaters:

>Whey
Highest protein per calorie, moderately expensive if used as a primary source
>Chicken Breast
Basically your bread and butter, generally cheap as fuck, brining + no/low calorie seasoning + bbq
>Tilapia
Almost as much protein per calorie as whey, frozen fillets are cheap but taste like shit, fresh can be expensive
>Swai
Just about as much protein per calorie as tilapia, cheaper but because you can't fry it or use oil to cook it the taste/texture can get to you
>Shrimp
Fantastic with a little pam in the pan, garlic, lemon juice, and paprika, great protein per calorie, also expensive

Vinegar based salad dressings, or very low calorie dressings, are gold.

Simple cutting method
youtube.com/watch?v=fae8gvRiiCM

Anons, I can't find lunch foods I enjoy. I worked 9-6, and I normally just grab a quinoa salad from work (carrots, cucumber, a little feta cheese, and some olive oil), but I'm starting to get bored of it. It's the healthiest thing they serve at my work's vending (I take advantage because I get free food every day), but I need something new.
Any favorite quick lunch recipes?

thanks for the laugh user, always appreciate ya

For breakfast i had a chocolate croissant, some ice cream, 4 buiscuits and 2 buttery bread... Feels so good and I'm not even on a cheat day

>skinny bitch
>alpha
kek, fucking mesomorphs disgust me with their lack of strength to rip horses apart.

I'm trying to gain muscle and lose fat at the same time as I'm assuming the whole "bulk then cut" thing is a meme and I don't wanna get fat. Am I never going to make it or is this a good idea?

Today I tried my oats with just salt.

It's never been more like semen.

You are going to have to monitor your diet more closely than those bulking and cutting.

Establish what your maintenance calories (including your workouts) are, and make sure you're hitting your protein and fats requirements.

Lol who do you think fucks more between those two men?
>b-but muh big muscles and big strenght
Strenght and muscles are useless in society nowadays except for athletes and aesthetics and that "skinny bitch" is more aesthetic than your fatass powerlifter

depending on your body type.
mesomorphs can do it on any diet
ectomorphs need a focus on one basic ingredient, so either high carb low fat or high fat low carb diet
endomorphs can only do it on a high fat low carb diet, due to their inability to process carbs
of course, if you are a mesomorph or an ectomorph, don't do cardio, you will burn all your gains
and if you are an endomorph, you need to do cardio

Moderate Kek
That's

>Strenght and muscles are useless in society nowadays
haha, found the skinny shitter, many jobs require strength, not everybody is on autismbucks like you fag

>who fucks more
the one featured in a tv series of course, what are you retarded?

>early morning gym sessions
>oats take an hour to settle in my stomach
>can't drink coffee any more (triggers ticker trouble)
what do you guys consume before early morning lifting?
What do you reccomend for me?

fruit and water

To break a habit, i.e 'lazy shit', takes 21 days of doing the other stuff. Just don't be an OCD'r about it.

I'm doing something similar. A cheap, and tasty as shit meal is chicken curry, if you're into that kind of thing. I love it. It's hard to make chicken breast taste like anything other than an old tempurpedic mattress, even with shit loads of spices imo. garlic, onions, fresh ginger , fat free geek yogurt, cinnamon, chile powder, curry powder, water. all in a pot, simmer that shit, and the chicken is tasty and moist, it's full of flavor, and it's got a good spicy heat to it. It's cheap as fuck, and easy to make a ton of it.

meant to respond to woops

tell us more about how semen tastes

niceme.me

think they make a lower sodium version. Not as good tasting, but you get used to it

What's the best way to figure macros for a large recipe? I made a lean ground turkey chili, but scaled the recipe up a bit to last through the week. I have a recipe book with the exact recipe that lists the macros of the original... but it doesn't list the weight of one serving....

Math?

fucking awful at maths. How should I figure it out

Nice attempt at making taking a cute insta photo bro, i love you

PIZZA

Divide by 11

what are some foods that make you feel full?
worst part about dieting for me is the constant hunger

Chicken, avocados, rice and vegetables

What else do you need, two hours cooking got me this

If you skinny fat fucks can't muster the will power to just cook for two hours a week you're hopeless

You'll need to know algebra, trigonometry and calculus before you can add up calories. Guess you're just domed to never make it.

Psyllium husk fiber supplement taken with a large glass of water, and an orange or can of green beans whenever you feel hungry. Eat three meals a day and go for a long as possible without eating when you wake up. Large glass of water 10 minutes before you eat a meal. No snacks between meals, aside from the green beans, orange and fiber powder. Buy plain, ground psyllium husks, they're virtually zero calories since it's mostly undigestable fiber carbs. Drink lots of water or be constipated. This makes cutting easy.

Prep healthy meals in advance so you're not tempted to break protocol.
Whole grains, like oats or farro
Beans
Protein
Fatty meats
Fibrous vegetables
Low-cal soups
Prunes

>have completely cut off juice and soda over the past month

>24 meals
how do you get it to last longer than 3 days without tasting like shit?

Protein fluffing. I did this while I was on a cut. This is amazing. Fills you up.
youtube.com/watch?v=oR3Z028prSU

Soda is deadly. There will come a point where you fall in love with water. I love fresh squeezed juices and all, but nothing gives me the same satisfaction as an ice cold glass of water on a sunny day. Well done brah

This

Ayyyy

This was easier than I expected, though the cravings were rough the first two weeks. Used to drink a 2-liter of Pepsi every day.

Cigarettes next.

What app is that?

work mate dyel?

woorrrrrkkkkk mattte do u even liiiiiiffffftttt

looks good man
mediterranean?

DO YOU THINK YOUR WU TANG SWORD CAN DEFEAT ME?

Rate my diet / suggest changes, currently just maintaining my current weight and gaining strength

>Breakfast
3 eggs
bagel + butter
2 strips of thick cut bacon

>Post Workout
2 scoops of whey
banana

>Meal 3
Chicken Breast
2 cups of cooked rice
Cup of Broccoli
1 egg

>Meal 4
Cereal + Milk
1 Cup of Greek yogurt

I eat 1600 calories a day (cutting), almost every day eating the exact same shit. Rate my diet:

Lunch - oatmeal and an apple
Dinner - 14 oz (+/-) chicken, 1 serving of pasta, 3 servings of frozen veggies
Snacks - 2 scoops whey, one greek yogurt and/or one serving of unsalted nuts

Any recs for other things to change it up? Good cutting snacks? Any other good clean low cal dinners or should I stick with the basics I have going?

7 weeks. it's kind of garbage because you can't continue after the 7 weeks are up. Apparently studies that show that to be the average amount of time to form a habit

>europe

too much egg for me
if it works for you it's fine, looks pretty balanced
I'd switch the rice for brown rice (assuming you meant white rice) for them complex carbs and some eggs with cottage cheese, but hey that's my tastes
overall 9/10

>eating 5 day old food

jesus you fucking people are fucking lazy

More vegetables, more healthy fats, replace those shitty carbs with oats, legumes and sweet potatoes

>tfw haven't drunken a drop of soda since I was 14, 20 now.
Am I special Veeky Forums

Drunken is an adjective you'd use to describe the state of your mother during her pregnancy. The word you're looking for is drank.

yesterday
>breakfast
whey
oats
peanut butter
chia seeds
50p/48c/32f

>lunch
green lentils
minced meat
carrots
a bit of candy lol
53p/105c/18f

>dinner post workout
brown rice
chicken breast
52p/146c/7f

>before bed
french fries
minced meat
frozen veggies
46p/56c/30g

Im going to buy Cheerios as a snack alternative. I would do Honey Nut, but too much sugar. I can eat a handful of Cheerios when Im craving something. Cuts going great tho, cant believe I lost 20 pounds in a month.

S.a.v.a.g.e.