That guy who wears a belt for two plate squats

>that guy who wears a belt for two plate squats

>that guy who frogposts

Some people have back injuries requiring a belt for even lighter lifts cuckfag.

>tfw I have to wear a belt for lmao2pl8 squats because recovering from hernia surgery 4 weeks ago

>at gym yesterday
>Doing Deads
>guy grabs bar, gets next to me, puts 1pl8 on bar and steps back.
>puts on belt, flexes in mirror (guy's small but pretty ripped)
>adjusts belt
>strains like a motherfucker to dead one plate
>drops bar
>repeat 10x
>I've got 3pl8 on mine

feelsgoodman.jpeg

>that guy who cares what other people at the gym do

>knee wrap transsexual nate

>That guy who concerns """him"""self with what others do in the gym.

>squats
LMAO

fuck you i'll do what i want when i'm going atg

but sure, for parallel or half repping what's the point

I'm 160lbs and I wear a belt for 2pl8..

As long as you feel comfortable, as long as you feel safe.

Safety is not a meme m8.

Take care of yourself, you only have one body.

>that guy who is so insecure he starts judging all the people in his gym

He's doing them wrong

Kek, I've seen so many people lifting 1 pl8 squat or deadlifts with a belt on.. literally watched people bench 1 pl8 with a belt.

What the fuck is wrong with some people?

Actually, I guess its my own fault for going to a commercial cheap gym because Im poor.

The Gym, where people are fucking retards.

they think it prevents injury by just wearing it, they don't understand what belts are for. i guarantee none of those people brace their core against the belt when using it

I squatted 155kg beltless in thegym and people looked at me like I was mental

Then again I'm an 80kg lanklet so maybe they were just surprised a dyel could do it

normies don't care whether or not you wear a belt. lifters don't really care either.

I get similar looks, I'm 77kg 5'10 don't look big considering and squat 125kg beltless, most people there look at me like I'm an idiot aha.

Although surprisingly there are people in my gym who squat 180kg+ they don't look big, but I'm guessing they're actually training for comps etc. There is no powerlifting gym or decent gym in my city.. kek.

They do, they look down on you and tend to think they know better then you about lifting properly and safety, these are the same people who give form advice like, roll onto your toes when squating or you should have the bar on top of your shoulders not further down, 'you'll hurt your back' aha.

Are you implying that you can't get an injury from lifting relatively light weight? Strength is relative to the person lifting you know.

read the post again

they think wearing the belt prevents injury, while it does not when they use it the way they do

I'm pretty sure the 40 year old dude who benches 2pl8 for 5-6 reps, but deadlifts 1pl8, doesn't squat, doesn't press overhead, just benches and curls in a fucking belt, which he does not take off, doesn't have back problems.

He's just a fucking retard, who deadlifts less than my wife, while he's on 250ml of test per 5days.

There are just people who are beyond saving.

> tfw can DL 3pl8 but can barely bench 1pl8 without major effort

FEELS UPSETTING HOMBRE

and yeah i know 3pl8 dl is baby weight

you're probably skinny

>that guy that doesn't take safety seriously and will be in a wheelchair by the time he's 50
If you're doing weight that's heavier than you are you need a belt. I can squat 405 but anything I do above 2pl8 I put a belt on

>TFW I can bench your deadlift
Gain weight while doing a bodybuilding program.
That's all there is to it, m8. 8-12 rep ranges for upper body, up the weight when the 4-th or 5th set is still easy. Drop the weight and control your eccentric more if you fin the 1st or 2nd set hard in any way.

That's funny I'm your opposite. I can bench 3pl8 but struggle to deadlift anything over 2pl8 no matter how much I train

no I've been cutting ever since i started actually lifting, down to 203 from 240

My bench actually use to be higher but i guess at one point i wasn't getting enough protein/maintaining the lift so it dropped like 20 pounds

It is pretty funny. I could DL 2pl8 after a week, and then another week after that, i already moved up to 3.

Thanks for the rep range advice. You kinda sound like my former personal trainer right there. Jason is that you?

And id rather not gain weight, im still like 30-40 pounds overweight

>tfw all lifts are progressing nicely but been stuck in 2pl8 DL purgatory for months
Life is pain

>that guy who uses a belt ever

I started at 2 plates my first month lifting
I weigh 80kg

i put my belt on at 2 pl8. not because im worried about injury but because as the weight gets heavier i like to breathe into the belt to stabalise my core. its just something im used to. no one has ever said shit to my face and i bet OP wouldnt either. just sit in the corner like a good boy and finish hos workout

There's an old guy at my gym with a massive gut that always has a belt on, all he ever does is use machines and some upper body dumbbell stuff.

>tfw deadlift 4pl8 for reps after just 3 months of diddleedoodling

found the fatass