GYM RAGE THREAD

>ask for a spot on bench
>guy puts his hands on the bar on the first fucking rep, even thought I'm not strugling in any way

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rgYDfporX00
twitter.com/AnonBabble

That's what I do
I don't want people to make more gains than me kek

This pic gave me hearty kek

Devilish!

Yeah man you have to give very specific instructions when asking for a spot from a rando.

>gf has no friends and fuckall to do when im not around so i take her to the gym
>tell her repeatedly that i will tell her when she has to help me
>tell her it might look like im gonna die but not to worry about it and NOT TO TOUCH THE BAR UNLESS I TELL HER TO
>repeat that just to make sure
>start struggling with the reps
>her hands fucking shoot at the bar and she slams it into the safety bars
>OMG Aon are you okay :3
>tell her not to do that again
>"i was just scared user no reason to be mean to me"
>tell her its ok , but not to worry and NOT TO TOUCH THE FRICKIN BAR AGAIN UNLESS I SPECIFICALLY TELL HER TO
>Does the same shit again next set
>i can see on her face that she knows she fucked up when i come up from the bench, but still she tries to argue for her side and guilt trip me into letting it slip
>"How can you be mad at me when all i do is care for your safety"
>"I just dont understand how you can be so mean to me when all i ever do is wanting to support you"
>"Everything i ever do is to help you user and you know that"
>starts crying

I guess i dont need to mention i never took her to the gym again. Now she just sits at home alone whenever i go to the gym and complains how shes bored

Fuck /fit, you told me having a GF was a good idea

Hol up senpai, do u really expect us to read all that shit ?

Dump the gains goblin.

>dick brains have 8 (EIGHT), as in the number that's shaped like an 8, 10LBS plates around their preacher rack.
>only using 2 at a time
>also have 2 extra clips
> refuse to give up any of them

Then I look like a dick because I want to do EZ Bar curls and I have to scavenge equipment from the benches.

>girl acts passive agressive when i ask for the clips she uses at the smith machine
>bad mouthes me weeks later to some other gym regulars saying i'd rip off equipment other people are using

rly bitch

that's why I always ask how many reps they want to do on their own
some gymtards ask me for a spot and they fail on the first rep, expecting me to help from rep 1

You let her move in with you?
Dumbass.

Once I had a lanklet asking me for a spot at 315
He couldnt half rep that shit and I had to row the whole fucking bar up

Fuck that faggot

Just man up and take what you need, you fucking pussy. Jesus.

this makes me mad as fuck

>want someone to spot me because testing a 1RM
>look around, the only person there is a pajeet
>sigh internally and call him over
>pretty much the second it touches my chest he starts to tug on the bar, turns it from 100% of my 1RM to about 90% of my 1RM
>he decides to rack it for me once i reach lockout, even though i wanted to do a couple more reps since he fucked up my set

thought about giving him an earful but pretty sure he didn't even speak english

I would've asked someone else to spot me.

Fucking take them if you need them you sperg.

>Oh hey, mind if I grab a few weights and those extra clips?
>"We're using them"
>Looks like you're using 2 and hoarding 6, excuse me
The only courtesy you have to show is that you aren't just gunna take them without asking, or if they are doing reps and it would be dangerous to knock them. Everything else is fair game.

xD. Veeky Forums tells you NOT to get a gf. You literally just read what the reddit kids were posting and said "I agree and relate with that". That however, doesn't make it correct just because you believe somebodies depiction of a gf.

Truth is, you got memed hard. Bro if she isn't massaging your feet and sucking your cock simultaneously then what are you doing.

>some european cunt takes one of those benches you can raise up to turn it into a seat to the squat rack
>does some seated press in the squat rack
>even though there's an EMPTY seated press station
>when he's finished he leaves the weight on the bar and the bench in the rack

i'd already done my squats so i didn't bother saying anything to him, i just glared in his general direction as he walked off

Gotta let them squirm breh.
If you know they can't handle it you say
>"Alright man, you have to tell me when you need help, I don't want to ruin your reps"
They'll have a rethink about whether they want to drop 315lbs on themselves.

Also OP here, on another hand.

>around 5 years ago
>just a few months in, I'm still a total twig, barely 3 plate diddylift
>start talking to the gym owner mid set, because he is a total bro
>he is fucking huge, Scott Mendelson type body, but take away the retarded face
>asks me to spot him on the bench
>cool.jpg
>there is fucking 220 kg on the bar
>sweatingman.jpg

Luckily he smashed that for 8 with no problem, if I had to help him he would proably die.

This worries me and I have turned some people down when they ask me for a spot. I'm not too nervous about not being able to help if they fail but more so they can't do one rep and I get blamed or some shit. I work in insurance man people sue for anything.

i don't think so. if you're pulling it towards you (and therefore the rack) and he's trying to push it up, it would be pretty easy.

You're a true alpha

Damn nigga don't worry with plays like that you won't have a gf for long.

stop lying user

never fucking respond to me again.

It's fine saying no if you don't feel like it, if someone works out like a scrub you don't have to waste your time in the gym pandering to them. If it's not that, just make sure they agree on telling you if they need help, it will stop them from doing stupid lifts.

yes sir

What kind of pussyweight are you benching that your gf is able to slam the weights up in the rack ??

How do I find gf that has no friends?

>ez bar curls

find a fresh single girl who came off an abusive relationship from her ex.

im the guy you responded to.

Do you really want a gf that completely depends on you emotionally?

Having a waifu is fun, but in the end its just... exhausting, uninspiring and depressing at the same time having no mutual hobbies with your gf than anime and eating food

Her life literally consists of work, watching anime and being around me.

>ask guy for a spot
>tell him to help me with the liftoff and then help me only after i ask him to
>4 reps in, easy
>struggle with the last
>puts hands under bar but doesnt touch it
>somehow manage to grind it without his help
>thank him and go do some other stuff
yeah you should tell the spotter what to do

what's wrong with you?

Yes, because that'll put me in control of her and her life.

So how did you two meet?

This happened today
>Went to gym at my uni (I'm in Japan at the moment) at 11 am
>As I expected, the gym was empty
>Except for two Japanese which I noticed after a couple of minutes
>One was sleeping on the curl machine the whole time and the other one was just laying on a trampoline playing with his phone
>While resting between a set and the other I try to start a conversation with the one on the curl machine after he woke up, since I was a little bored
>Find out that it was his first day there
>After a couple of minutes he goes to the restroom and comes back with a shaker and proteins
>He shares it with the other guy and then they go back to the restroom
Fucking Japanese DYELs, sleeping literally anywhere.

>Gym employee and his buddy deadlifting
>Lifting like 4 plates on each side plus a couple 25s and a ten
>Done with their workout
>Just take the plates and throw them on the fucking floor in a big pile around the bar
>Leave
>15 minutes later I come to do deadlifts
>Move the plates over to their appropriate rack
>Guy runs over and apologizes

Im happy he apologized but fuck man, he works there and should know better. This asshole also brings in his own speakers some days and blasts shitty rap out of them over what's playing on the radio.

>Bringing your gf to the gym

Are you fucking retarded?

Nah bro you don't want that shit. If you have friends it ends up with her being in control of your life. Fuckin guilting your ass every time you go hang out with her friends because she was bored or some shit like it's your job to entertain her all the time. Plus their sex drive is lower because they don't have female friends getting dicked down and they have lower estrogen or some shit.

>testing 1RM 225 bench
>dude babies the bar the whole way down
>ask a different spot, does the same shit
Got a different spotter yesterday, told him what was up. Got two reps. Feels good man

You need to proofread your comments

You need to lick my balls

>girlfriend acts up to test boyfriend
>beta male weakling most likely struggling with a plate does the exact opposite of what a real man would do and get frustrated with her

You're supposed to shut her down when she does shit like that. She's testing you to see who's in control and clearly that person isn't you. I have a feeling she's gonna dump you soon.

> why are you squatting that low? you'll hurt your knees!
> why are you benching all the way to your chest? you'll hurt your wrists!
> why do your deadlifts make so much noise? if you can't put it back down quietly you're not training the whole movement

DID I ASK YOU FUCKING NIGGERS FOR ADVICE

>be bench spotter for friend getting back to the gym after 6 months out
>tell him do 2 negative reps after I have to spot him
> doesn't listen, tries to rack weight after I help get past sticking point
> grab bar an say "negatives" but had headphones in so kind of yelled
> the bar slowly lowers to his chest and I can tell there's no way he's getting it back up
> felt kind of mean but it needed to be done
>thanks me for not letting him be weak
> doesn't bitch about being sore and takes oly form correction well
He's gonna make it brehs

she sounds really sweet. I'll take her

>be me
>ask guy on bench how many sets left
>"oh about ten"
>yeah ok faggot
>do curls as I wait
>see him load up 2 pl8s
>disgunnabegud.png
>see him do half a rep and fucking fail

yeah, ten more sets my ass

>casually mention fitness to my normie friends
>they tell me they do fitness too
>ask what routine they do
>they tell me they use machines and practically no deadlifts or presses of any kind
Ditched those DYEL losers after that

Cole? Tell karrie i said hi

The exact opposite happened to me and it pissed me off.

>at uni gym early in the morning
>only me and two other guys benching
>skinny Asian dude is "teaching" his skinnier Asian friend how to bench
>I ask the "teaching" one to spot me on my last set
>tell him only bring it up if the bar starts falling down to my chest
>first 4 reps go well
>last rep gets half way up and stops
>realize that rep's not happening
>I'm obviously struggling like fucking crazy
>the weight's not coming up
>it starts falling back down to my chest
>skinny Asian cunt just stares at me while I struggle
>he's hesitating to help me or not as if I can somehow finish the rep
>he doesn't fucking spot me
>my face is red as a tomato as I struggle but fail to bench the weight
>I finally yell "grab it!"
>he struggles to pull it up
>after, he has a chuckle with his skelly Asian friend as they struggle to bench 65lbs

Fuck these cunts

Normies thinking weight lifting (or "strength training", as many call it) is literally going to the gym and using random machines until they feel tired (which is after about 40 minutes)

>talking about fitness with normie friends
>one of them says they did strength training today
>they say they did some machines then tried squatting and hated how the bar felt on their back, so they stopped and won't squat again
>then they say they did cardio on the elliptical for about 20 minutes
>they say they like to go 4-5 days a week
>tell them I only lift three days a week
>they act all high and mighty as if they are more involved with fitness than my gym buddy and I
>I never admit how much time I spend reading about fitness, watching videos, talking about it, and actually doing it because normies will always try to act better

FUCKING NORMIES REEEEEEEEEE

Are you serious? That's Pretty short. Do you come here just to look at pictures and read the captions?

In his book he recommends the EZ curl bar for doing those tricep extension he recommends breh.
>Not reading the book

There is plenty of his medals near the enterance of the gym, I could snap a pic anytime. He took part in European championship a few times. All he does is bench.

That guy who loads up 4 x 2.5kg plates on each side of the bar instead of swapping out and using a 10 plate.

Literally why? That just pushes out the centre of mass and shits up your stability no?

Also, I end up using 2 x 1.25 plates on each side like a bellend.

you are too much of a pussy to do it without a spot, and you complain about their spotting form?

pin yourself, faggot

>Having a gf
>Instead of just fuckbuddies or jacking it to anime
Why? I never understood it.

>Now she just sits at home alone

I get that what she did sucks and all, but she did sound sorry from what you wrote. You should be less of a dick to your GF and just lift in a cage or something

Actually the centre of mass obviously stays in the same point and the spread out plates lead to a higher moment of inertia, so the bar should be more stabilized.

But yeah, it doesn't really matter and they were just lazy

Your body should speak for it self.

for triceps extensions, not curls. learn to read

Lol

Kek

>not curling your gf in the squatrack
are you some sort of faggot?

He did that because Asians hate whites.

>the one guy who sweats all over everything and doesn't clean it up
fucking gross and people who do this should be banned.

Yeah nobody else needs those weights

Do you even /dropset/

This is my GF. She is slowly realizing that her depression is being caused by not having hobbies outside of me.

Me:
> work
> school
> beer brewing
> astronomy
> hiking
> vidya

Her:
> work
> TV after work

She realizes this now which is good. But it was rough for a while.

old ass man curled in the squat rack. then, some twig leg faggot who probably lurks here came and did the same thing when the guy finished his two sets (spread over twenty minutes, of course).

i hate using the rack for bench press even, but it's literally the only way we can do it in this gym. same with ohp. we don't have free barbells, just the ones in the racks. luckily no one had to wait, but what kind of irritates me is there was a gym employee who saw it and didn't even suggest they use something else. is there a secret benefit to using a BB for curls? i thought this was a meme but two today, one the other day, about ten times since i started going to the gym a few months ago. what the fuck is it?

Only thing that actually made me rage in the gym was when I found out some nigger stole my coat. Then I just started going to another non nigger infested gym paying just 35$ a month more so I would be free of the black plague.

youtube.com/watch?v=rgYDfporX00

>spot me bro but don't touch the bar until I tell you

thats what i do

Spotter wouldn't have been able to help there. All that would've happened is him tearing up his bicep and elbows on top of the poor bastard getting crushed.

Holy shit tht pics hilarious. Right babe?

Seriously this is every relationship I've been in or heard of. It's like that old /B/ image. (Who am I kidding you've all been here a year or two at best)

Women
No friends? He doesn't ask
No money? Hell pay
No hobbies? He doesn't care

Men
No friends? She thinks you're creepy
No money? What a loser
No hobbies? He's so boring

Why do you even need a spotter? Just handle weights you're comfortable with pushing out 5-8 reps, if you don't have safeties you might ask someone to spot you but even then a 5-8 rep weight shouldn't be too heavy to roll of shame out of for most of fit

>diddlying 8 pl8 and change
AYYlmao

Fuck me, I just noticed.
4 on each side...

This is kinda your fault desu

LLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOL