Answer me this Veeky Forums -

Answer me this Veeky Forums -

Why the FUCK is Asda (UK version of and owned by Walmart) the only UK supermarket that sells chicken breast you can cook from frozen? Pic related.

Now surely a chicken breast is a chicken breast, and you can either cook it from frozen or you can't, right?

Every other frozen chicken breast product in the damn country says "defrost thoroughly for a minimum blah blah" and official advice from any organisation/anyone who knows shit about cooking is "defrost chicken before cooking it, or it'll burn/go dry on the outside and still be frozen in the middle".

Yet this chicken is nice, tasty, juicy, and seems to have no magic fucking ingredient added.

It's also cheap as fuck, easy to make, and lasts forever in my freezer.

The only downside is there's a Tesco on my doorstep, but the nearest ASDA is a 40 minute drive away.

Because you're not cooking it from frozen, you're basically reheating precooked chicken.

Lidl and Aldi sell them too, and for significantly cheaper

I'm nowhere near scummy enough to shop in Lidl or Aldi.

Just kidding - the closest of both is by the ASDA.

Hmm, never thought of this. That still doesn't explain why Tesco precooked frozen chicken needs the same laborious defrosting and has no reheating instructions.

>not shopping aldi/lidl
>making it
choose one

Pretty sure Farmfoods does that shit too if it helps

God I loved the cheap ASDA pizzas when I was over there. I have nothing to add on subject just felt that was relevant.

Aldi/Lidl aren't that much cheaper in reality.

I've not seen a Farmfoods since about 1994.

Try living in a shit tier city...
We have like 3+

I live in NW England, some very shit tier places around here. I still though Farmfoods had gone bust.

I remember them though, really weird, like a supermarket from the Soviet Union..

No, it's literally raw chicken breast frozen, I have defrosted them before.

>Farmfoods

If you got a Tesco close get these bad boys. Individually wrapped, usually 6/7 in a pack.

Throw in the freezer, take out what you need night before you cook.

>the only UK supermarket that sells chicken breast you can cook from frozen?

I know Morrisons sells em, and I'm pretty sure lidl, aldi and costco all sell cook from frozen breasts aswell.

They are juicy because they are either pre brined or injected with brine solution. Tasty though.

There are people who are not buying fresh chicken. Wow.

Iceland, Tesco, Sainsbury's, Lidl, and Aldi all definitely sell them. I have some in my freezer from Lidl, and my flatmate has some from Tesco.

>cooking frozen chicken breasts
>stuffed full of sodium and preservatives
>not cooking up fresh glorious free-range birds with homemade marinade and spices
>gettin dat dere golden crust
>so juicy starburst wants to shoot a commercial in your mouth
shiggy

High street market in manchester sells chicken thighs for 1.6 per kg, and breast fillets for 5quid per 5kg.

Turkey drumsticks for 2quid a kg

>buying meat from a supermarket

nigga...

I buy Morrisons 1kg chicken fillets, value range.

£4. Instructions say defrost, cover, blah blah, but I just chuck them in at 200, dice them after 20 minutes, then give them another 20.

You can forego cooking instructions and just nuke it. Unless it's fish.

> starburst
> not opal fruit

Sainsbury's does it too. They often have them priced at £3.33/kg

go to bed dad

>High street market in manchester sells chicken thighs for 1.6 per kg, and breast fillets for 5quid per 5kg.
where????

I wouldn't trust something like that. Normal chicken breasts should be defrozen before cooking them, because of harmful bacteria and salmonella.

>Bottle of roid in background ;^)

>Civ V

Opinion discarded.

Are these fillets thinner than other frozen chicken? That would allow them to cook through faster. Otherwise outside layers get dry and stringy before the inside is ever safe to eat.

>Why the FUCK is Asda (UK version of and owned by Walmart) the only UK supermarket that sells chicken breast you can cook from frozen?
They're not, every supermarket I know of sells frozen chicken.

>and has no reheating instructions.
If you need instructions to cook chicken you're far beyond the help of this thread

>Aldi/Lidl aren't that much cheaper in reality.
They're significantly cheaper, and Aldi has beaten every other supermarket for taste tests for the past 4 years.

To summarize:

>You're paying more for a shitter product by buying from supermarkets
>Everything you've stated is false or misinformed
>You can't cook
>You can't budget

Start using your brain and freeze your own chicken

Aldi / Farmfoods chicken breasts weigh 1kg, for £3.33, yet once cooked tend to drop to 800g. Best I'd had frozen were Tesco value range, next to no water when cooked.
Probably better to visit a butcher and see if you can get a deal on bulk breast

American that just moved to uk here. Where the fuck can I buy flaxseed/linseed? Also whats the best supermarket for Veeky Forums foods in general here? Learning all the new brands and packaging is annyoing af

Musclefood.com

Tesco do as well you idiot

you disgusting paki