/plg/ - powerlifting general

I sincerely hope Tranny-Chan dies

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/BFqC6RILZjE/?taken-by=poutineandtheipf&hl=en
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>instasync
>dead

:(((((((((((((((((

Whats the standard price for a powerlifting oriented gym? What are the pros and cons of a powerlifting gym over a normal gym

Stinky smelly, etc etc

REPOSTAN

Isnt the super cent in the same material?

Pushing boundaries

Bombs in eq lifting are so common, if you get off line in a raw lift you can save it, will look awful but its doable, get off line in gear and youre pretty fucked

IDK depends where you are and how nice the gym is. In America with decent competition? Not much. Elsewhere, depends a lot.

As for what you get, it's a bit variable, depending on the culture, but, no one gets mad at you for using chalk or loud music, you don't get weird looks for squatting. People will tell you to squat deeper instead of telling you to quarter squat to save your knees. You can actually get a proper spot from basically anyone. Depending on the gym, you can get much better advice in person, in real time than on plg. It's nice.

And gear also has a fuckton more variables involved in it. There's so many ways to fuck up a geared lift it ain't funny and most of them are initiated before you even get on the platform.

Gain a few kg eating big for the meet
Supercompensate rehydrating after making weight

Oh fuck the suit is too tight cant hit depth

Saw someone have to take the suit off and take his second in just breifs

We made a new one.

Melbourne, VIC. No other PL gyms that I know of and the owner said he would rather talk in person about pricing than over the phone, but he would work out a special price for me.

normal gyms in my area are like $10-15 per week, if that helps get an estimate how much this would be

PTC headquarters then? IDK, I think it'll be around $120/month.

Melbourne has a lot of powerlifting/strongman gyms, although given how stupidly spread out the suburban areas are there's rarely that many close by.

Usually it'll be a bit more expensive than 10-15 a week but the equipment and atmosphere usually makes up for that.

Attention shitposter: Yes, you! It would have appeared you have made a grave mistake. The post that you have just made isn't fitness or PLG related. Your post is contributing to the degradation of PLG general. It would be much appreciated if you could direct your post to the appropriate board/thread that it pertains to. Thank you.

nah not ptc headquarters

like over 20 a week? I'd probably be getting it on a contract to cut down much as possible and i def wouldnt be changing gyms for a long time after this anyway

Well where then? Spit it out already.

It depends on the actual gym and what you're asking for, but a lot of the ones I've seen have been 20-30 per week.

Is that normally without contract? do pl gyms often do contracts or is that a shit market technique for normal gyms to trap people too lazy to go to the gym after a couple weeks

That's usually on a direct debit or similar (they usually don't do formal contracts like Genesis or Fitness First, but they do often differentiate between casual visitors like me who pay for a session whenever they show up and more permanent members who pay by the month or whatever).

If you give me a rough idea of where you're at, I might be able to point out any that are in your neck of the woods.

see

South east suburbs. I was considering slaughterhouse moorabin (not the gym that offered me a special but yknow considering it, have yet to speak to them)

I mean which part of Melbourne. It's a big, sprawling set of suburbs.

answered

Off the top of my head, down near Oakleigh way there's StrongMelbourne. Admittedly that's more of a Strongman gym but they have a few powerlifters there as well. I think memberships there run about thirty a week or something similar.

yeah I know that slaughterhouse are a promoter of CAPO powerlifting events and nearly everyone there is a competitor so i think itd be a good idea to try there, but i dont really know how much theyd cost.

hi plg

I was diddlying today and I think I pulled a muscle or something
it's the area around my lowest rib
it feels a bit sore (like DOMS almost) when I perform lateral flexion (sidebend)
anyone ever experienced this before?
did I pull my oblique or something? lat maybe?

CAPO.... I'd probably avoid them for now. Assuming they survive their current financial woes (apparently running the big GPA meet fucked them pretty hardcore) there's also the fact they're a bikie affiliated outfit that's been accused of an awful lot of shit.

hol e shit I have exactly this

it kills to bend over a desk and write for long periods of take. It is making my exams hell..

Anyway its probably a strain of something, just ignore it and it will go away.

How is it some guys like this one squat 5 plate and have huge legs when other guys squat 4-5 plate and don't look that impressive?

feels bad man

I don't see the organisations problems fucking with a promoter's affiliated gym and its members though.
which big gpa meet are you referring to? there have been a lot of GPA sanctioned state titles lately and theres the nationals coming up in august

They hosted worlds not long ago. Apparently it ended with CAPO pretty deep in the hole, like close on a hundred grand total. Obviously not all of that is from the one meet but they had some real nasty political shit going on between people in charge over who owes who what.

im feelin like for such a big corp they could pay off that hundred soon enough for it to not really fuck them sideways too bad

There is money in powerlifting? Don't think so - I guess they affiliate with other sports mainly?

CAPO is not a big corp. None of the powerlifting feds in aus are.

well i mean they have a fuck ton of people paying for memberships i guess

CAPOs total membership is only a couple hundred people.

....really?
no wonder theyre in debt lolol

Powerlifting in Australia is a pretty small thing. You could run a nationals-level comp with all the big feds involved and I doubt you'd get much past a hundred people.

Melbourne? Fucking lmao you're spoiled for choice.

I recommend muwpc in the cbd, but you can also look into hawthorn weightlifting (they have powerlifting hours) or obsidian (fun place, fun head coach. A little culty)

for someone training 5 days a week in the same general area as where they spend the rest of the day, an hour from the city, training in CBD sounds like a pretty hard thing to do regularly, but thanks!

Try hawhthorn then lad

Also you don't need to train 5 days a week for PL.

hawthorn isnt much better lol, im in south east suburbs so yknow

A club is worth it.

I know people who live in werribee and research who trained at mu

All IPF/PA places.

Slaughterhouse is probably fine. You don't have to compete in CAPO just because you train there.

>all IPF/PA places
He was asking about powerlifting clubs

Yea, and the guy you quoted offers such powerlifting environment.

tfw no powerlifting gyms around your place

Really? But they're capo affiliated...

>tfw live in Germany

0 anything

my 1rm is 6 plates desu, there's an abyss between 4 and 6 plates breh

What's the GOAT method for squats nowadays lads.
Can't seem to be able to break 180kg plateau

>tfw trapped in the abyss for five years

Ill probably still compete in capo cause i have a membership there and i've just done my first state titles, soon to compete in nationals

what are some good ways of reducing thoracic kyphosis and mobilizing tspine in general?

Well it seems settled then.

foam roller crunches movie the roller to a different spot on your spine every few reps is meant to be good

how do i get a tighter lower back during squats lads

Any of you lads go to the gym by bike?

Is that shit taxing?

you got corrupted my the abyss and became the cynical smug prick you are today

What does the 5/3 refer to?

there is nothing wrong with being a cynical prick

I'm. Not actually smug tho

Not the guy who you replied to but.. George is nothing but a pathetic lying weasel lol

Went 3 miles both ways up a hill; is taxing but the counter is that you're fairly warmed up. Overall, expect a ~3% loss on lifts with little degradation in progression assuming you eat enough.

Not smug just a weasel

(Did i mention that you're poor (that really upsets the weasel))

5 sets 3 reps?

And you are nothing more than a delusional, poor, short, weak, alcoholic, insecure, lonely fag whose biggest accomplishment is shitposting in this general. Your point?

I tried a few times but have shit cardiovascular endurance and was always winded when I got to the gym, so eh not for me

Sheiko with like a 2-3% deflated max

Lol nice projection but I've proved I'm none of those things

Sorry your life is so bad you can't come to terms with my success so you forward your failures onto me

Fucking kek

Not only you never proved any of these wrong, you also confirmed/admitted to some of them.

Stay mad
Stay butthurt
Stay jelly
And most of all
Stay poor

What's considered an intermediate Front Squat for 1 rep?
If you're 180-190lbs?

How long is a string

Oh, did that trigger you? Hit close to home?

It depends. Please give me a range for an intermediate front squat, thanks.

Hey Guys ... I'm in a dilemma here ...

Im still nvoice as fuck. And i have certain strength goals i want to reach but goddamn ... why waist is like 36'' now ... what do I do?

im about 188lbs and 5'10''

RESPOSTAN FO UGLY SQUATS

instagram.com/p/BFqC6RILZjE/?taken-by=poutineandtheipf&hl=en

Any technique tips for setting up your feet on squats?

I'm prioritizing my right side when i lift heavy and i think it's because my feet aren't spaced and flared out evenly.

Hmm who could this be..

Who could be the one person who gets absolutely butt blasted by how rich I am...hmm.. I wonder who this could be

Hmm who is this chubby fat poor Manlet who is so upset by my success ... Hmmmmmmm I wonder

reply please

>what do I do?

Make up your own damned mind like an adult.

it's funny that you call him a manlet being 5'9 yourself

>Make up your own damned mind like an adult.
Problem is I understand I am not as well-learned in this stuff as you guys in /plg/. So I humbly came for advice but fine, never mind.

Later

I don't feel so bad about my squats anymore.

I called you a Manlet because you're Manlet status at 5'7 LOL

>sean is awake

Whelp, time to leave.

I think you mean it's time to get the FUCK outta my thread, bitch

>tfw applying liquid chalk in a gym that bans it
>yeahhh, just one tiny little drop
>they won't notice
>yeahhh, that's gooooood, little drop come fall into my palm
>gooooood

Kek, sitting hunched over like a retard applying the forbidden juice

And you think being taller than some manlet cancels out your manlet status? Not to mention joe's height is actually superior in every way related to powerlifting.

Your good mornings must be insane

>obsidian

I asked you the other day about JP's coaching (or more specifically, his coaching a year or so ago when you were in oz and saw it) and his thing where he has them do heavy singles before volume and you said you were busy.

do you have any musings to share on the matter?

Stop mentioning yourself in third person Joe you pathetic poor fat piece of SHIT

as soon as you crawl back to your hole and stop shitposting in here

You live in a hole
I live in an estate

That's the difference between you and I, Manlet boy

Fuck it lad, embrace the ugly. If your back is safe, and you get three white lights, nothing else matters.

>Not using squat day as a deadlift accessory day

Are there any cues that might help me with keeping my elbows under the bar in the benchpress?
I keep missgrooving by having my elbows infront, even though I barely tuck.
With bad luck, these missgroove kill my biceps and let me recover for weeks ...

You're nowhere even fucking close hitting depth btw