If it fits your macros

This is the biggest fucking meme I've ever seen in fitness and bodybuilding

Please don't tell me people actually take this shit seriously?

More like If It Fits Your Cals

I didn't want to eat fucking broccoli and sweet potatoes so I just bought 2 Mcdonalds hamburgers to fit my macros.

explain to me, exactly, why it does not work.

i will wait.

IIFYM is fine and most of the criticism is retarded. no, IIFYM does not mean you eating protein powder, butter and sugar is the same as eating a healthy diet. you're still supposed to apply common sense and eat a good, balanced diet.

Not OP but when were talking a working healthy body just focusing on macros will not do the trick.

JUST Calories and protein don't make food shitty or great.

If i can get what i need from food that actually keeps my body in check for longer and doesn't make me a useless piece of shit that looks good its way better than what the people who defend this half-ass method preach.

sure is a meme when your daily caloric intake is somewhere around 2000kcal.

Of course fiber and micronutrients matter. IIFYM is the answer to whether or not you can have a chocolate cookie after dinner.

Than the label is pointless.

It just becomes "If your diet is balanced" which is what everyone who takes health seriously does

yeah, you're misunderstanding the point of IIFYM. you still need a healthy base diet.

the point of IIFYM is so you can still eat tasty food and lose fat, so you dont have to eat nothing but chicken and rice and broccoli and end up cracking and falling off the wagon

>Than the label is pointless.
it's not. it originated on bb.com when people were constantly asking "is it ok if I eat some X?". the answer is that yes, it's OK to eat some X if your diet is in check and eating X fits your overall macros. it was never meant to be a complete diet.

there's no official "point" of IIFYM since it was basically just something people started telling noobs on bb.com when they asked if it was ok to eat a specific food, but the original point was that adding in a small bit of something to your diet was ok as long as it fit your macros. it was not a response to someone asking if it was OK to eat whatever they wanted all the time as long as it fit their macros.

.....but in theory if someone ate nothing but mcdoubles at a 500 deficit, they WOULD lose fat

sure, "calories in - calories out" always works.

It works, i just keep "shitty" food under 20% of my daily intake

I still think it seriously needs to stop.

people are taking it the wrong way and destroying their progress using it as a scapegoat

Wow don't take it so literally user

>can I eat some ice cream for dessert
>IIFYM

Its just another way of saying "if it balances your diet"

If people use it as a scapegoat then it's their own fault for not knowing how to diet properlly

if you'd cut off your arm you would also lose fat. doesn't mean that it's desirable.

Why is it a meme? I eat next to no fat all day so I can eat a decent amount of junk food at night and still meet my macros. Is Veeky Forums just too autistic to enjoy themselves in any way or what?

Most people who do that probably eat 2000 calories of ice cream a day

I actually like eating "clean" food and maybe have a couple beers and wings on the weekends, but I tell people to do iifym all the time because it's funny to me and I know they'll fuck it up

If you fuck up IIFYM you should go back to 3rd grade and learn to add/multiply. It's literally the easiest possible dieting lifestyle to follow and assuming you aren't in the 0.01% of lifters competing professionally it will allow you to achieve highly efficient and consistent results. This isn't a case for the fucking X-Files.

Find out your TDEE. 9cal per g of fat. 4cals per g of protein/carbs. Figure out how much protein you need based on .8g/lb LBM, all the rest of your calories can fluctuate naturally between fats and carbs, it doesn't matter. When you body is deficient in either it will naturally crave or hunger for foods rich in them, causing you to eat them, constantly check-and-balancing your macro's while you intentionally keep protein higher than a normies diet in order to sustain muscle repair/growth. Take a multi-vit to cover your micro's if you insist on doing something stupid like hitting your protein then eating 100% fat or 100% carbs for the rest of your calories. Either way it'll work for regimenting bulks or cuts.

Case closed.

kek if you try to explain all that to a normie, they'll literally just take out a whole sleeve of girl scout cookies and eat them one by one without once breaking eye contact with you

Sad but true. Usually the eyes start to glaze over with the first sentence "Find out your TDEE".

>Whoaaa there "Mr Fitness", hold on with that gymrat talk, I'm not trying to get hueg or be a bodybuilder!! I'm just trying to lose some weight and get my abs to show. I've been doing 30 crunches every night and that seems to be working.

Kek, that picture

This, macros (besides protein) are the biggest fucking meme.

McDoubles aren't that bad except from a red meat perspective.

lol these macros aren't even almost comparable

Really? Fat and Carbs both have calories but they are converted in different ways and cause the body to become more accustomed to burning those kinds of calories.

It's the same problem with almost any training/nutrition fad that's been alive for a while. It starts off as a sensible idea but people have to see to what retarded extremes they can take it.