Noob here

Noob here

Is it better to be liberal or conservative with your protein powder?

I.e. is it better to have too much or too little?

Conservatives never make it. 2 scoops c'mon.

t. Liberal

YOU ALWAYS GOTTA OVERDO EVERYTHING

ALWAYS

FOUR SCOOPS?

COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMEEE OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNN

four leveled scoops

Strictly speaking liberal is better because if you have a scoop too much you'll simply waste the excess protein. But that without be bad in other ways, say economical.

Over all it's better to get ~70% of your protein from real foods.

FOUR ROUNDED SCOOPS CMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONN

C'mon, be reasonable.

Fair enough

On a workout day, how many scoops would you have throughout the day? And then how much "real food" protein are you eating on that day?

What the fuck do political parties have to do wit eating too much at too little?
That was stupid as fuck and completely unnecessary if you were just going to explain it.
I bet you're fuckin stupid irl.

If this isn't about then you are retarded

there's no benefit to extra protein.
protein is not a fuel. it is merely repair material. i repeat, it is NOT fuel.

you need ONLY as much as you need for the repair/regeneration you need to do that night. from the damage/stresses of the day, plus general renewal of cells.
thus any extra has no benefit. instead, it is harmful, because it puts extra stress on the renal system. it also leaves extra residue in the kidneys, which accumulates over time, potentially leading to kidney stones. so you don't want to pump extra protein through your kidneys for no fucking reason.

another negative is that some excess protein, can (inefficiently, but still) basically turn into sugar in the body. you might think you're really smart minimizing sugars while eating over 9000g of brotein, but most of that excess turns into sugar anyway. and not sugar that is stored as muscle glycogen which you can use later. no. it turns into sugar in the liver, and then gets stored as adipose tissue straight away.

have as much protein as you need and not a gram more. so yes, better to be conservative. just like in politics ;)

>that dyel who tries to minimize his protein intake
>cries on Veeky Forums 3 months later how he's made no progress
Not maximizing protein is retarded, you're acting like the difference between maximizing protein and minimum is going to be like 200g extra, it's maybe 50g difference at most, the idea it's bad for your kidneys is broscience maximum where you're talking about like daily intakes of 600g.
There's plenty of pros of overshooting protein, like the fact most labels can be off by +-10% and most protein powders are only like 80% of what they say they are.
The rest of your post is broscience maximum.

I only realised the political connotation afterwards mate, I just mean is it better to be generous with your protein powder or sparing.

This is a great post, thank you very much. Obviously i know it's not a fuel but thank you for explaining the kidney stuff
>have as much protein as you need and not a gram more.
So how do you work that out? Just judge the best you can based on how hard you're working in the gym?

Get big, c'mon

You're welcome.
Obviously you can't measure it that accurately. I'm just saying that that's the basic principle, so try your best. Getting 99% of what you needed that day is better than getting 150%.

>pros
This is Veeky Forums, not /bb/. Not everyone here wants to be a pro bodybuilder mutant freak. They're all in terrible overall health and many die early of self-inflicted disease or sudden heart attacks n shit.

With fitness, I am of the camp that it is always better to err on the side of excess – if you can handle it, 4 sets is better than 3, 6 days is better than 5, more protein is better than less, etc,.

Slow and moderate wins the gains.

You probably weigh like 150lbs you fucking dyel, if you aren't in the mentality of getting as big as possible you're gonna be fucking small as shit just because of how slow of a process it is, you're never going to get as big as any bodybuilder if you're not on drugs, this is like retarded girls thinking they'll get bodybuilder big by picking up a weight.

>I'm just saying that that's the basic principle, so try your best. Getting 99% of what you needed that day is better than getting 150%.
But its way better to get 150% than to get 50%. You are definitely overstating the dangers of eating to much protein. Unless you are consistently eating like 300%+ of your protein needs every day for years, it barely has any effect.

You missed my whole point.

Agreed, 150% is better than 50%.
But it's worse than 99%.
So if OP knows he is close, let's say minimum 95%, I'd say be cautious.

>You are definitely overstating the dangers of eating to much protein. Unless you are consistently eating like 300%+ of your protein needs every day for years, it barely has any effect.
Possibly. But I bet a huge proportion of people on this board ARE doing exactly that.

>They're all in terrible overall health and many die early of self-inflicted disease or sudden heart attacks n shit.

uhm, no. most pro bodybuilders live perfectly healthy fine long lives

mfw plutocratic serving sizes of protein or nothing.