Short term tobacco safety

Ok Veeky Forums, need some science/advice here.

Recently I was talking with my gymbros about my struggle with food cravings while cutting. Someone said (maybe as a joke): "start smoking".

The problem is that I tried it, and it fucking worked. One or two cigarettes completely "cut" the cravings after lunch and dinner, so in the end I've been smoking around 4 cigarettes per day for 3 weeks.

So my question is: is there a "maximum" dose of tobacco in any given timeframe that doesn't completely fuck up your health? I understand that it's harmful by definition, but I'd like to read studies or hear stories about casual smoking and the toll you observed in your health.

By the way, I know that diet is a lifestyle thing that should not be based on aids, but when the moral is low the cut phase can be quite painful. I found that tobacco helps like no other thing.

keep at it user

I just started drinking tea whenever I got cravings. My cravings were mostly that I wanted to taste a different flavor in my mouth than I had in the last 2 hours.

OP here. I'm just starting a 3 month cut phase. It would really be that bad in the short run?

I don't know where to start...

But you should quit smoking

I know this board says health and fitness but it's really memes and fitness.
>>>sci
Should actually be able to help

Glhf

dont know bro, probably all in your head. dont listen to the faggots its in this fucktard forum on saying how gay Vaping is...better than having a hole in your throat and staining teeth.

Just be smarter about how you're eating and you won't have to worry about it.

If the cravings are from hunger eat more broccoli and chicken breast.
If they're for taste schedule a 'cheat' day once a week.
If they're from being a little bitch who can't wait for a cheat day stop being a little bitch.

Four cigarettes a day for 3 months isn't that big a deal. But using them to fight cravings seems like a really bad idea, given how strong nicotine cravings are said to be.

This

>forming habits with an already strong habit forming entity

Shiggy
Diggy
Do

>short term
>tobacco

Nah mate, nicotine gets you for life, don't start.

Tobacco fucks your health by limiting your lungs capacity to function. It builds up, and since your lungs don't often get flushed, it'll take a while for all that tar and shit to exit (through minuscule amounts exhaled every breath). You're inhaling shit every puff, it's health effects get worse over time, so the longer your "short term" smoking is, the less you have to smoke per day to remain safe. That being said I found limiting myself to one cig a day quite "safe" for about three months. Could still run for hours without getting puffed, never pushed it further than that.

Hope this helps.

can someone redpill me about heavy marijuana smoking but zero use of tobacco?

now, i smoke a gram of weed every day, but avoid cigarettes like the plague. i've heard that tobacco smoke is carcinogenic and weed smoke isn't, but weed smoke can also inhibit lung capacity by about 10%

thoughts?

weed does not help against food craving... soo yeah...

You could try drinking coffee instead. Or more water. Or chew minty gum. Everything tastes gross after chewing gum.

im not talking about food craving, i mean health, gains, fat loss in general

>heavy marijuana smoking
>one gram a day
???

i think most people would consider that heavy

i go through about a quarter oz a week and thats like 60 bucks

i know people who only smoke it occasionally

Don't start smoking. You may call it temporary now but you'll never be free of it. Here's what I do to help me on a cut:

>Lots of tea with a tiny bit of milk+sugar (50 cals worth)
>lots of chewing gum
>lots of water
>celery to munch on
>very thin crackers to munch on
>less fats, less red meat (which are calorie dense) more chicken and veggies (less calorie dense, feels like you're eating more

don't smoke my nigga. If you're hungry as shit during a cut your deficit may be too large, if you want to eat junk food just talk yourself out of it or think about something else

you are still inhaling loads of tar that don't belong into your lungs

This. Unless you've got some remarkable self-control (which we can assume you don't), you're gonna end up with nicotine cravings that are far worse than food cravings

i smoke parliaments

Why u using my picture OP? I smoke 75 cigarettes a day

the biggest problem for me with tobacco is the fact that it is habit forming,you will get used to smoking and then you are fucked. eat caffeine pills, drink tea or black coffee, chew gum, if you feel like you NEED to eat, shove a bunch of celery in your face or a pound of broccoli.

Every smoking addict started it as a "short term solution"

this is so stupid

Tobacco is finicky and can easily stop working esp with imperfect doses like cigarettes. I'd recommend gums/patches/vaping as they are more able to moderation and have no additional crud.

I'm getting my PhD right now in BnS doing research on reinforcement effects of nicotine and other stimulants at the neuronal level, path level, and with some behavioral testing thrown in as well. There's some good evidence floating around that nicotine, like most stimulants, makes other things in the environment more reinforcing and thereby provides an alternative to eating. Nicotine does have anorectic properties, but the appetite suppression aspect is mostly bioscience IMO. Replace the nicotine with another light stimulant (half caff cup of coffee or black tea maybe) and you'll do just as well and I believe it's way easier to reduce caffeine intake than it is to quit smoking altogether.

broscience, not bioscience. Worst possible autocorrect for the point I was making.

My understanding is the MAOI reinforcement is what most accounts for getting hooked. What's the case?

Sorry, I failed to articulate that what makes the cigarettes reinforcing is different than the effects on reinforcement processes in other domains which then alters how the individual experiences the environment.

What would be the takeaway of tobacco nicotine vs contrary sources

Future Doc. Redpill me on therapeutic amphetamine use and why is reinforces goal-oriented behavior etc.

The drawbacks obviously outweigh the consequences for humans using amphetamine. In humans, you may be familiar with the more popular stimulants caffeine and methylphenidate, both of which are excellent at improving goal-oriented behavior.

Vape with nicotine same effect easy to quit taste great won't smell like shit

>>vape
>>not smelling like shit

You're joking, right?

OP, if you're really such an undisciplined fuck that you need drugs to cut, use adderall xr instead. A bit less addicting and much less bad for your body, plus you can get work done like an Asian PHD student

Or DNP I guess

Not really, but are you really going to be able to quit? I've only ever smoked intermittently, but I still get cravings from time to time, months later. Vaping is likely a better method, because you're not inhaling burnt plant matter.

Burning plants and inhaling them is bad for your lungs, period. Not only is there the tar and particulate matter, but there are PAHs produced by the burning process. Also, weed increases your appetite.

keep at it iirc a study found only smokers that quit get fucked

>tfw smoking 3 packs if cigarettes a day

don't start op

Breh... How can you get past the smell? Jesus christ.

yes because having the ability to choose from literally any combination of flavours (or going for no flavours if you're edgy like that) is surely a "joke", right?

I'm addicted to them

75 a day? Holy fuck

Yeah its an expensive habit

Nicotine is notorious for being extremely difficult to cause addiction in animals. Switch to vaping or gum and you will not have any worry of addiction. Its the maois in tobacco that causes addiction to nicotine. Without an maoi addiction is all but impossible. I also use coke zero, coffee, and tea to fight cravings.