Any religious people on here?

Any religious people on here?

Does your beliefs help your motivation?

I found that reading Buddhist philosophy cured my depression and made me work much harder on lifting

I keep myself Veeky Forums just in case I get the call to join a crusade

>reading Buddhist philosophy cured my depression

Then you weren't actually depressed fuccboi.

Yes I was
Reading it gave me a new perspective on life and gave me the push I needed to work myself out of it

"Feeling really sad" isn't depression.

Christ keeps me going from day to day

Depression can be cured

Buddhism teaches that not everything in this world is permanent and that things are forever changing.

If you had depression before, then it will arise again in the future because that is the nature of the mind. You cannot be permanently cure from depression because the nature of the mind is constantly changing.

I respect the gods by respecting myself.
I work hard so I may one day join them.
I chase glory so that one day my story will be told.

Lol.

im getting really hard into stoicism rn, but i know thats not a religion. I personally am polytheistic i think but im still figuring my spirituality out i think. i also think spirituality and religion have to do with a lot more than just gods and divine beings

I'm not religious becaus I'm not a delusional retard. If you need superstitious beliefs to help you lift, your not going to make it

It actually teaches that anything is impermanent.

Amen bro.

>Being anything monotheist
Respect your ancestors, please.

>People have been doing something for a long time so it must be the way to go.

its how a country ends up with designated shitting streets

>People from middle east corrupted our people with their religion so this must be right
Unless you are from middle east, then do whatever, you're already fucked.

I'm an atheist. Your point is invalid. Also religion is not like culture or food, it must be something you choose for yourself, because it kinda defines how you want to live. It's cute to say that you're affiliated to X religion then live completely disregarding its rules, but then you're essentially like me.

tl;dr: if you're a christian and not following the holy scriptures then you're going to hell. Better start being a westboro fanatist, they're really the only real christians.

>religion is not like culture or food, it must be something you choose for yourself
Could or should be. You know it's not the case. Like, nowhere on this planet.

My point is: if you're not choosing your own religion and just sticking to your parents' or the one sported by the majority in your society, then you likely don't give a fuck about it and are essentially an atheist. Like the christian fucks that never go to church, never confess and constantly break the ten commandments even though that is supposed to get them straight into hell. If they really believed that shit, they'd be paying good attention to every word in the bible.

>bread about religion in this shithole of a board invaded by retarded normie summerscum

>ten commandments
Now that's what I call Jewish. Old Testament is not the law of Christians.
>confess
Catholics are more of their own thing than biblical Christianity. They drew too many things from pagans.
>go to church
The Church is the people, not the building with a steeple. Once again, Catholics and Orthodox adopted Jewish and Pagan practices rather than stay true to what the New Testament lays out.

Sorry, I missed the part in the new testament that specified "Disregard everything that has been written before".
In which gospel can I find it?

Matthew, Mark, and Luke, plus some Hebrews.

Matthew: 27. 51. And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;

Mark: 15. 38. And the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom. 39. And when the centurion, which stood over against him, saw that he so cried out, and gave up the ghost, he said, Truly this man was the Son of God.

Luke: 23. 45. And the sun was darkened, and the veil of the temple was rent in the midst.
(Cont.)

Hebrews: 9. 13. For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh: 14. How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God? 15. And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance. 16. For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator. 17. For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth. 18. Whereupon neither the first testament was dedicated without blood. 19. For when Moses had spoken every precept to all the people according to the law, he took the blood of calves and of goats, with water, and scarlet wool, and hyssop, and sprinkled both the book, and all the people, 20. Saying, This is the blood of the testament which God hath enjoined unto you. 21. Moreover he sprinkled with blood both the tabernacle, and all the vessels of the ministry. 22. And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission. 23 It was therefore necessary that the patterns of things in the heavens should be purified with these; but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these. 24 For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us: 25 Nor yet that he should offer himself often, as the high priest entereth into the holy place every year with blood of others; 26. For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.

Thanks bible bro

28. So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

The veil that signified the division between gentiles and jews was torn when Jesus died. Jesus served as the sacrifice for Gentiles and the New Testament. You see, the Old Testament was the written law of the Jews, which were a specific race of people rather than just a religion. Even when gentiles believed in God, they couldn't be His people. The Jews forsaked God eventually, so God opened up his kingdom to the Gentiles through Jesus and the New Testament.

Seize every opportunity to spread the Word, brother.

Fedora/10 confirmed

I'm trying. Not always succeeding, but I'm still trying

>The year of our Lord two thousand and sixteen
>Not lifting for the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit
I have no idea how atheists make it.

Can't believe America is considered a first world country. You fucking animals believe in God it's honestly embarrassing that your country has so much power in this world. Religion was made up by people who couldn't explain reality because they were born thousands of years ago, well guess what breh, a couple things changed since then. What the fuck is your excuse believing in something made up instead of the facts that are available if you just fucking educate your sorry self. I literally can't take religious people seriously, their ignorance and satisfaction with it disgusts me. And if you think I'm some load ass, fedora waiving motherfucker you're wrong. Id never bring this up to anyone in real life but it's what I think when I meet someone (which thankfully isn't very often) that say they believe in God, "or something greater/out there". Fucking grow up, how can any of you take yourself seriously.

if this wasn't already pasta, it is now
ctrl+c

Episcopal Protestent, my faith is very important to me in guiding my views on the world and thinking about what Jesus preached.

*tips*
>>>reddit

Why are you so angry? Does my faith trigger you? :^)

Can't believe America is considered a first world country. You fucking animals believe in FREEDOM it's honestly embarrassing that your country has so much power in this world. Religion was made up by people who couldn't explain reality because they were born thousands of years ago, well guess what breh, a couple things changed since then. What the fuck is your excuse believing in something made up instead of the facts that are available if you just fucking educate your sorry self. I literally can't take religious people seriously, their ignorance and satisfaction with it disgusts me. And if you think I'm some load ass, fedora waiving motherfucker you're wrong. Id never bring this up to anyone in real life but it's what I think when I meet someone (which thankfully isn't very often) that say they believe in FREEDOM, "or something greater/out there". Fucking grow up, how can any of you take yourself seriously.

>basically

We'll all make it Bible Bros

Link us some books/articles, op

Let's see who believes in greater/spiritual beings or god(s) in 2016. Niggers, sandniggers, rice farmers, Americans, old people. Basically people who belong in the past.

I almost forgot pajeet

Psalms 69:24 - Pour out your wrath on them; let your fierce anger overtake them.

Time to fuck some shit up

Just because you're free to believe in fairytales doesn't mean you should or that it doesn't make you a degenerate no different from people squating in streets.

>B-b-but muh freedom of religion

Yeah go ahead and carry on a legacy of gullibility you filthy fuckers. The fact that it's referred to as "believing" or "having faith" should speak for itself.

Being sad/feeling depressed can be cured. Depression as a condition is a chemical imbalance that can be treated with medication, but not cured by a new outlook.

>All religious people are delusional.

Wow that's original. And insightful. Thanks for your input bro.

>alt therapy for depression doesn't have almost a 60 percent success rate
Stay dumb

Hilariously shallow view of Christian teachings. Considering the 12 Disciples themselves, who personally walked with Jesus had a hard time following his teachings, and that Christianity teaches we are all sinners and that it is literally impossible to avoid due to our own fallen nature I don't see how you can look at a "improper" Christian and judge him when his own religion teaches that nobody who follows it can ever live up to it's standards. It's like saying anyone who doesn't serve in the military or who speeds can't be called a patriot because they aren't serving, and breaking the laws of their country when it's far more complex than such a simple false dichotomy.

Wow a whole 60%. That's almost enough for a D- in the success department. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that half of those were misdiagnosed to begin with.

I'm sure it's not great for flexibility but I'm all about tipping 1 Pood kettlebells by about 1.5"

Oh look, another victim syndrome

Then you are using some lame as broad term for depression which is shitting in the face of those that actually do have depression.
How the fuck is therapy going to help dopamine levels in the brain to work as a normal persons?

You are talking about those half assed people that want everything in the world yet work nothing for it that goes to therapy and finally work it out. Thats not fucking depression.

So if there is a god, then how come there's fat people?

Because we were made in Gods shape obviously

I hate victim syndrome more than anything, and am hostile as fuck to people who use "mental disorders" as an excuse but neither am I stupid enough to think that an actual disorder in your brain's chemical makeup is the same as "hurr my girlfriend left me so I'm depressed". Things like being bipolar or depressed are actual conditions that cannot simply be changed by feeling happy, any more than lactose intolerance, or anemia can be. You need a medication to correct it.

I lift for the fuhrer, may he never be forgotten.

Tbh I wish I could believe in some higher power, but the inherent fucked up things about the universe like entropy lead me to believe otherwise. It must all be some horrifying pointless nightmare or something. I don't know. I can't wait to die and find out.