QTDDTOT

Since the sticky seems to be a meme what are some good starting routines?

Other urls found in this thread:

fitsticky.com/novice-programs
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pull-up_(exercise)
exrx.net/WeightExercises/LatissimusDorsi/BWUnderhandChinup.html
exrx.net/WeightExercises/LatissimusDorsi/BWPullup.html
breakingmuscle.com/strength-conditioning/pull-up-vs-chin-up-a-comparison-and-analysis
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Sean 10mms Stripped 5x5

In other words, the one in the Sticky.

read the sticky

Ask your local crossfit gym.

just wander around the gym and do what other people are doing

I'm considering adding dumbells to my routine. But my issue is, they seem to be pretty expensive no matter how you cut it.

Buy a new set of weights when you go up, or buy some second hand bowflex select weights for like 2-300 dollars.

I'm guessing I could find a weight I can do 3x5 with now for most exercises and just increase reps/sets, but that only gets you so far, right?

What does Veeky Forums think of EMS?

Is it good?

Read the sticky you dumb fuck

Yes.

Was there really any other answer to this?

I guess I'm asking that I'm really cheap, and I want to add dumbells to my routine, but I don't even know if it's really worth it to do so. Should I? Or should I stick to Barbell/body-weight.

For what muscle group?
Have you considered other options, like a resistance band?

im only 18 and this is my face
I have no idea what these deep fucking wrinkles are coming from
especially on my cheekbones

help meeeeeeee

Buy adjustable ones, plates are cheap as fuck

You're not drinking enough water, you also need to start moisturizing your goddamn face. SPF is also important.

So im trying to loose weight but im not sure if my diet is good.
Im 192cm @100kg
>Breakfast
half a cup oats with a cup milk and a tbspn honey
>Lunch
1/3 Cup rice, 1 cup brocolli and some sort of meat, usually minced beef or chicken breas 1? cup
>Snack
Fruit of some sort usually banana or apple
>Dinner
heres wheres my biggest insecurity, i usally eat an omlette out of 3 egs or a oats a second time.

got any tips ?

I drink like 6 big glasses of water a dag and I moisturize both morning and night

just track your calories using myfitnesspal senpai

I know this has been asked a million times but it's been several months since I've been on Veeky Forums so I forgot the answer.

My friends organized a last minute trip to the beach that's happening in 2 weeks. How much weight could I realistically lose without taking DNP or shit like that, assuming I work out daily and eat very lean?

I'm currently 190lbs, and have a lot of fat around my waist (probably 15 lbs away from visible abs)
>Pic is when I was 200 but still look similar

By workout I mean 1hr of cardio & 30m-1hr lifting per day

not enough to be noticeable

Eat nothing. Do 2-3 hours of cardio a day. Kill yourself.

that's a pretty cool scar

Get on dat dere keto

Thanks for your constructive input

Realistic answer,

You can lose maybe 4-5lbs in that period without tearing into your muscle mass.

In no shape or form are you going to notice an aesthetic difference in two weeks. You're at least 2 months hard cutting away from that.

Can I improve my chest by just doing push ups?

Yeah that's what I figured. Still it won't hurt to get off my ass and start making progress again.
Thanks mang, unfortunately the plate in my collarbone is really killing my lifts.
>He fell for the motorcycle meme

What would fix my thin biceps? Would hammer curls help?

Yes. But progress will be slow. Be sure to do variations with wide grip that target your pecs. Also, take two chairs and do dips. Youtube for instructions.

I'm having problems with my lifts because my left arm starts failing at me when my right one can do a couple more reps. I mostly notice this with big shoulder involvement lifts.

tl:dr my left shoulder is weaker than my right one

what do? consider I work on a construction job and I'm right handed

thank you anons you're awesome for helping

I'd say you might have bad genetics for biceps, so it's just gonna take longer than usual. You look skinny all over tho, so why are you surprised that your biceps are too?

There's no specific movement in your case. Just work out your biceps. Chins, barbell rows and preacher curls are what I do.

what fat burner works?

fitsticky.com/novice-programs

Have you tried isolating the arms with dumbbels and trying to probe for weaknesses that way?

Not QTDDTOT, just needed to vent somewhere

Was looking to try something new at the grocery store, so bought some aloe vera juice. Drank a litre of it, now I'm pissing out my asshole

Turns out aloe vera juice is a laxative lol

Maybe just go lifting.

Thanks, it's just a bit weird when your biceps only get longer and it looks disproportionate to the rest of your arm. Thanks

>There's no specific movement in your case. Just work out your biceps. Chins, barbell rows and preacher curls are what I do.
ignore this troll.he does 3 exercises for the biceps and zero for the radiobrachialis.
you need to do chinups and hammer grip curls and you'll be fine.

Caffeine pre-workout. Thats it, the rest is snake oil.

I do chins with neutral grip, you dumbie. Besides, all those workouts hit the entire bicep and brachialis.
Doing isolations when you are a novice lifter is time wasted that could be spent doing compounds that do equal growth to arms and back.
Studies have shown that lifters that do for instance lateral pulldowns see muscle growth to biceps equal to those that do isolations.

I run about 1.5 miles every morning on a trail that features some uphill/downhill action, will this build my leg muscle or just tone?

I'm currently doing this routine with ab and arm days on my rest days.

nope

is it gonna work tho? I feel like by doing this I'm just gonna overwork my left arm and end up injured or some shit. Maybe should I reduce my lifting volume while doing this?

Ok.

just start training user, learn the proper form for most machines and basic lifts. Spend a month or so getting your form down with a weight you can handled for 12-15 reps per set. At this point you will grow regardless of what program youre doing so just hit the gym, isolate a section of your body each day and then decide which program is best for you depending on your goals.

I do split days (back/chest, shoulders/triceps etc)

I find this method to be the best because I can train the muscle groups as soon as they are fully recovered, this optimizes workload and recovery time to ensure maximum anabolic effect

>go climbing
>next day have leg doms

What kind of fuckery is this? i thought i had strong legs and now they are smashed from an activity mostly using upper body strength? What is going on?

What I meant was, if you switch it out for dumbbells, you'd notice when your left side gives out and could get an accurate measurement of how much weaker your left side is.

What are some good workout apps? Looking for something to randomize a body-weight workout, or just random daily workouts in-general.

>last minute trip
>happening in 2 weeks

pick 9-8

How long should I take to transition from a 350+ calorie surplus, to a 400 calorie deficit?

Would decreasing by 150 calorie every half week be too fast?

>I do chins with neutral grip, you dumbie
literally the most useless variation.
>Besides, all those workouts hit the entire bicep and brachialis.
nope,i did the same for years and in the end i could curl 25kgx6 concentration curl and only 18kgx6 hammer grip. strict form ofcourse not swinging paladin crossfiterino shit.

>mostly upper body

I've climbed exactly once in my life and even I know thats not true. Besides it could just be that your leg muscles got targeted in ways they havent been in awhile. Enjoy it while it lasts.

>climbing
>mostly using upper body strength
its 70% legs and 30% abs back and forearms.

Nice anecdotal evidence, I think Ill go with the study, thanks tho.

enjoy your no radiobrachialis gains brah

lol sorry man, english is not my native language

I have a pretty good deal of accesories with dumbbells added to my compound lifts

I mostly notice this when I do incline dumbbell press and dumbbell shoulder press, and as I said my right arm can generally push through 2-3 more reps, while my left one just gives up. I obviously don't continue with my right arm, when my left one fails I stop, but I indeed tested this.

any tips?

Do you know how I know you're new to lifting?

You're still stuck in the "my way or no way" mind set. Neutral grip is fine and is a good bridge between chins and pullups.

>NEET/collegefag detected

>Neutral grip is fine and is a good bridge between chins and pullups.
more like its an easy grip so fatties do it because they can't do dead hang pullups.

My tip is dont worry about it.
You dont need to go to failure to get gains. your left side will catch up. Just be sure to do equal number of reps for each side.

If it doesnt work out, I suppose you could try to lower your weight and spread it out over several days. So do 3x10 (or whatever) for 3 days instead of 2, but with less weights. This is just a suggestion tho, I have no idea if itll work in theory. But it is a way to practice your routine more often.

>easy grip
Harder is not always better, since its all about peogressive overload. 8 reps of chins will yield the same muscle activation as 12 reps of pullups,

For howlong it is safe to say above 10% bodyfat?

Am i going to die if i keep it for too long?

> 8 reps of chins will yield the same muscle activation as 12 reps of pullups,
they won't achieve the same muscle activation nor the same CNS benefits.and you need to do both for a complete back/bicep/forearm workout.

Recommened Veeky Forums sauce for chicken and brown rice?

Is conquering the Persian empire a decent routine?

much appreciated, this is quite comforting to read

thanks bro

New to lifting here so I hope this question isn't too dumb:

When you seem to be inbetween weights sets as in you can do the full excercise fairly easily on the lower weight, but the next step up you fail on several sets but can get some sets in, what should you do? Continue with the lower weight or try and ease yourself into the higher weights? I'm just concerned that failing sets on a higher weight would be less beneficial than just sticking with the lower weight for longer.

>listening to a slut in a party and burning down the biggest city you ever conquered
>dying from poison at a young age like a bitch
>having your culture usurped by gypsy albanian slavs 1700 years laters
not even once

Incorrect,
They will all three yield strength gains in your arms. What matters is progressive overload. Neutral grip is a good bridge between the more bicep focused pull up and lateral focused chin.

If you disagree, by all means but just by googling it, every single fucking hit backs me up so I dont even know why Im bothering with this.

Enjoy your broscience.

I just jump right into it. Maybe eat at maintenance for a day or so. I've never had any problems doing that.

> good bridge between the more bicep focused pull up and lateral focused chin.
except its literally the other way around.
chinups focus more on your biceps.
please turn off your router and go read some anatomy book by a proper writer.

Persepolis wasn't the biggest city, and he didn't conquer it. The Persians occupants fled when he was on the march.

Can't help being poisoned. Meanwhile you'll die in bed at 70 attended by a fat black nurse and your anime love pillows.

HAVING SAID THAT,

Mixing things up is never bad. So mixing grips between workouts is a good idea.

Not OP, but legit question. If you're on a cut are ab exercises worth the time if you're a recover fatty, like over 20% bf. I know its such a small muscle group. Would my time be better spent doing other compound exercises?

Not supposed to do any lifting overhead while standing because of curved spine, is seated ohp still good?

Chinup = palms facing away
Pullup = palms facing toward you

I know some claim the contrary, but stop being an autist, you know what I mean. Your post adds nothing of value except you trying to be a wiseass about it,

You drank way, way, way too much. I usually drink a shotglass worth to get rid of really bad stomach aches.

My knees hurt and grind line shit during squats. I had osteochindrosis dissecans(partially dead bones) and surgery. Any exercise to substitute squats?

Do plank x 3. Only takes 5-6 minutes extra. Besides, you should always train as if to make gains on a cut.

A viable option for many.

Can I please get some good PPL routines? Im looking for aesthetics above strength. Thanks.

chinup = palms facing towards you
pullup = palms faving away from you
come back when you can do 15 pullups.

I'm with the guy. Chins face you, pull ups face away, neutral/hammer palms face each other.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pull-up_(exercise)

Third paragraph.
Both names are viable. Now fuck off or contribute.

If I get 2 hours nap at midday does that mean I need only 6 hours sleep at night (instead of 8)?

If its a one-time thing, dont worry about it at all.

>wikipedia
here,have a real source autistic kiddy

exrx.net/WeightExercises/LatissimusDorsi/BWUnderhandChinup.html

exrx.net/WeightExercises/LatissimusDorsi/BWPullup.html

masturbate.

Chin ups have higher bicep activation than pull ups.

breakingmuscle.com/strength-conditioning/pull-up-vs-chin-up-a-comparison-and-analysis

>just ate a roasted chicken sandwich from Wawa
>can't fine the nutritional info for it, not even on their website

Fuck, what do?

>Fuck, what do?
move on with your life,a roasted chicken sandwich never hurt anyone.just count it as 400 calories and move on.

Not really a one off thing, I often take midday naps for 1-2 hours. Was wondering whether it meant I could shave off those hours at night.

I.e. Does amount of hours spent sleeping at night matter or the amount of hours spent sleeping in total (whenever)?

I'm still a novice when it comes to lifting, been lifting serouisly for about 6 months. I don't understand how cutting works or how to do it. My baby gains are really coming in to where people are noticing now but I want to get more cut but have no idea how to do it, tried Googleing couldn't find a straight forward answer

You're probably going to lose weight with that. But you arent getting enough protein unless your meat serving at lunch is huge.

I've seen so many of these go wrong in humor threads i was clenching my buttcheeks the entire time

Eat 300-500 calories under your TDEE, get 1g of protein per lb of bw and train the same. Keep going till happy.

> get 1g of protein per lb of bw
more like 1.5g of protein per kg

Can someones post a begginer routine for calisthenics, it is good?

Does anyone have any advice on how to stick to a schedule? I was doing okay for about a month but I fell off the bandwagon hard and keep falling off sense. Also, where can I find a decent bodyweight program?