strengthandconditioningresearch.com/2013/02/18/back-off-sets/
fitsticky.com/starting-strength
fitsticky.com/intermediate-programs)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Please kill yourself you non lifting piece of trash

My routine is jacking off to trappy, every time I cum I switch arm

what kind of gains will this net me?

>continuing from last thread

Why? I was doing PHAT for a while but it felt like it wasn't enough. The only problem I see with this PPL is I only bench twice a week and since my bench is at 92.5kg and my squats at 170, I should probably be benching way more

I'm
(You)

trappy as I said I already did TM and advanced version of TM for almost a year and been stalled on it... maybe I burned the weekly progression (I used a bi week progression too on advanced TM)

should I use sheiko? (pls post more maki, best rabu)

>not doing it with just one arm
enjoy your negative gains

fuck why did I make a picture and not just link to the posts like you did

bb row vs. chin-ups in the Greyskull LP variant? Also would straight up swapping these out in favor of dumbbell rows be okay for unilateral work for someone with scoliosis?

what accessories would you recommend for a 3 day a week texas method? the version listed in practical programming, with power cleans and power snatches.

Particuarly I'd like to add in some arm work like curls and lying tricep extensions, some chip ups and calf exercises.

Trying out my gymbros routine for the month, r8 please.

ABCDXABCDX

A - Legs and Shoulders
Squat 3x5
OHP 3x5
Leg Press 3x10
Upright Barbell Row 3x10
Calf Raises 3x15
Dips 3x10 BW
Leg Curl 3x10

B - Arms
Barbell Curl 3x10
Seated Tricep Press 3x10
Reverse Curls 3x10
Rope Tricep Pulldown 3x10
DB Curls, 10 reps per arm for each weight, decreasing by 5 each time with little rest
1-arm tricep pulldown
Preacher Curls 3x10

C - Back
Bent-over row 3x10
Seated cable row 3x10
Lat pulldown 3x10
Pullups 3xBW
Isolateral Row 3x10
(Would do Deadlifts but my fucking gym banned them)

D - Chest
Bench 3x5
Incline Bench 3x5
Decline Bench 3x5
Cable Crossover 3x10
Chest Fly 3 x10

X - Rest

Yeah, try Sheiko senpai.
fitsticky.com/intermediate-programs

Download the spreadsheets and input your numbers, then take a look at the training. If you find your bench is too low with your real max, you can try inflating it. Just don't overdo it, and if you're not sure, run the program as is once.

I recommend you start with the 3-day program, medium load.

Training 6 days per week will give you shitty results, unless you roid or are still making noob gains (in which case you'll make less noob gains).

Lifting is merely causing stress and damage to your body. You only grow and get stronger during rest.
Training 6 days and resting 1 day, regardless of how well you think you're splitting, is just not gonna give you as much results as a more sensible approach to training.

Not sure senpai, will need vids to check your form.

Chinups are better, but rows are fine too if you prefer them for whatever reason.
DB rows are fine too but it's not gonna solve your scoliosis problem.

Depends on your goals. But yeah, adding arm isoltations is fine.
There are plenty of TM examples I've written before on fitsticky.com/texas-method
So give it a look.

>Training 6 days per week will give you shitty results

Isn't PPL one of if not the most known and used program?

lel thank you so much (why medium load instead of high load?)

Yes, and only roiders get good results.

Any suggested programs for someone that does 4 days of kick boxing training?

Search up 5/3/1 for MMA
Do not do SS chances are trappy will recommend that garbage i did that while doing muay thai and im actually athletic n shit never will i trust a word trappu says again pce lowkey would still fuk tho

A PPL type of split is fine, in fact you'll see I often recommend it (see the examples on fitsticky.com/texas-method)

However, PPLPPLx is a high frequency method of training used by enhanced bodybuilders.
People see those enhanced lifters who look good, and wanna follow their programs because they think they're gonna achieve the same results.

But enhanced lifters have a much higher degree of adaptation and recovery than a natural lifter. In fact, there are studies that show that an enhanced non-lifter can make more gains than a natural lifter. Without even lifting.
But the "good looking people" keep recommending the meme (100% natty brah I swear), the meme thus gets propagated and repeated (the guy in the picture looks great and told me he does this routine), even though the results are always awful if you're not enhanced yourself (see the huge amount of skeletons and skinnyfats who made small amounts of muscle growth and are outlifted by people who have been doing SS for a month).

Again, training is merely causing stress and damage to your body. You only grow and get stronger during rest (unless you roid, then you have the cheat code on and can do whatever)

If it's your first time running the programs, Sheiko recommends medium load for lifters under 80kg and high load for lifters over 80kg. But even those over 80kg, most end up still prefering the medium load.

Don't let the names fool you though, medium load is still a lot of volume.

So run it once as is (or with small inflations, though it's advisable to only inflate after you run it once as is), and after you get a taste of it, change the small things you wanna change or try the other programs if you feel you can handle.

fitsticky.com/novice-programs

Don't waste your time with 5/3/1 if you're a beginner.

What's a good routine or set/rep/exercise considerations (besides cardio and diet) for a fatty who graduated SL5x5?

I'm running a modified Daniel Craig program:

M-F Warmup: 10 minutes cardio and stretching

M/F: High frequency full body, as little rest between sets/exercises as possible
Light weight clean & press 4x8
Hanging leg raises 4x12
Weighted step-ups 4x10
Chinups 3x12
Decline pushups 4x20
Dips 3x12
DB curls (M) or DB bench (F) 4x8

Tues: Chest/back
Bench 5x5
Incline DB bench 4x8
Pec fly 3x10
Weighted pullups/lat pulldowns 4x8
Bent row 5x5 or cable rows 4x8
Deadlift 5-4-3-2-2

Wed: Legs and Abs
Squat 5x5
Romanian deadlift 3x10
Calf raises 4x10
Weighted lunges 3x15
Ab wheel 4x12
Decline crunches 3x20

Thurs: Shoulders and arms
DB OHP 4x8
Lateral raises 3x10
Delt fly 3x12
Shrugs 4x8
Barbell curls 4x8
DB hammer curls 3x8

Sat: Cardio
10 minutes row machine
30 minutes elliptical machine or swimming

Sun: Stretching/rest

thank you so much trappy I fucking love you

fuck this I'll do memeko even if I don't like tapper style of programming

any recommendations for a formerly intermediate lifter who had to stop for about 6 months? im just getting back into it and went back to a modified grayskull program. 5'10" 160 145x5/225x5/295x5 B/S/D

Alright well what about PHAT but replacing the main lifts with 5/3/1? Increasing linearly isn't possible for me

Hope it works well for you senpai :)

fitsticky.com/intermediate-programs

GSLP is great... though the DL frequency is kinda low, but I guess you can just customise it.
But yeah, just run it until you regain most of your strength back, and when you start to stall too much, switch to a slower program.

>as little rest between sets/exercises as possible

Short rests have been proven to be meaningless for hypertrophy. They do provide a bit of benefit for endurance, but longer rests allow you to lift much heavier which brings in a lot of benefit for strength development.

The primary movers on the Deadlift are your hamstrings, glutes, and quads. While it also works your back, it's mainly a leg exercise.
So going too heavy with the DL on Tuesday can make your squatting on wednesday a lot harder.

As for the exercise selection and etc... it's ok. Not anything amazing, but it should work ok.
But if you're at least somewhat worried about increasing the numbers on your main lifts, you're better off with a better program.

/ PPLxULx / ULxPPLx / PPLxPP+Lx / PP+LxPPLx / are good types of split, as long as you don't overdo the volume.
Just make your own 5/3/1 template from that, don't use PHAT as a guideline.

I'm sorry, I meant for cutting specifically. I don't think strength routines are well suited for that, and my time on SL proved that.

Alright well one last question for
I'll do ULxPPLx with 5/3/1, so how should I set out squats and deads? I was thinking doing 5/3/1 squats on the lower day followed by deadlifts (volume), then 5/3/1 deadlifts followed by squats (volume) on the legs day

Any issues with this?

It is for stamina. And you'll have to forgive me for ignoring the rantings of a mentally unhinged boy who thinks he has a vagina.

Don't ever respond to me again unless you're contributing to the thread.

What's up with girls who weight lift and them having 0 tits?

I understand that lower bodyfat makes tits a little smaller but not too drastic. Out of like 100 women althetes there is 1 with big titties. This needs to change

Too much testosterone and gear.

can I have a good volume oriented routine that I can do on thursday and friday?

I'm doing squats, ohp, bench and dl mon to wednesday

Does this seem like a fine program?

Start lifting you fucking faggot.

So I'm about to start lifting for the purpose of becoming a better soccer player. I would like to get more power in my shots and also be able to jump higher. I'm not sure whether i should start on SS or do something similar to this plyometrics routine:
bodybuilding.com/fun/wotw27.htm

Any advice/suggestions are welcomed

If you could only do 1 lift for the rest of your life what would it be. Bench press for daddy here

Do SS + Plyo, then move on to Starr's intermediate program for football players.

Don't waste your time doing bodybuilding.com routines.

If he's a soccer player, the required attributes are gonna be pretty damn different to that of US football. I don't think Starr or SS is all that relevant to his needs.

Uneducated opinion.

Posted in the last thread. Still didn't get an answer. Trying again.

ABCx

A:
Squats: 5x5
Deadlifts: 5x5
Bench: 5x5
Inclined: 3x10
OHP: 5x5
Pull Ups: 5x5
BB Curls: 3x10
Face Pulls: 3x10
Weighted Planks: 3x30-60sec

B:
Mobility, Stability and some Cardio. Usally rowing for 20min.

C:
Front Squats: 5x5
DB Lunges: 3x10
Pulls Ups: 5x5
Bent Over Row: 5x5
Cable Rowing: 5x5
Bench: 5x5
Dips: 3x10
Triceps Pushdowns: 3x10
Weighted Planks: 3x30-60sec

Is it too much? I plan on dropping exercises when my body feels bad but right now I still get progression. Maybe start with dropping Pullups on A and Bench on B. Then drop triceps pushdowns and facepulls.
Goal is to get stronk not to look like a greek god.

Thanks.

Due to gym conditions and rules I am only able to deadlift heavy on one day a week which falls under the volume day on my texas method programming. How would I incorporate intensity deads into volume day and lighter deficit deads on intensity day in order to most efficiently manage fatigue?

>Bench press
awful choice

>for daddy here
what the fuck

Why is 3x5 shit compared to 5x5? Read this a lot here.

its the other way round (3x5>5x5), and its more about SL vs SS rather than the rep range alone.

5x5 has its place, that place is not 3x/week for novices

Whoops...

How about someone who fucked around with a 4x/week split for his first 4.5 months of lifting?

3x5 or 5x5 for me?

3x5

>B-but I'm progressing on SL as well :c

Srsly now what are the pros and cons of each rep scheme?

there was a huge post that explained it all, idk if anyone screen-grabbed it

but basically, with 3x5:
>heavier loads
>less immediate/long-term fatigue
>easier to add volume when you stall

>B-but I'm progressing on SL as well :c
its about good, better, best - not 'does it work', because lots of things work just fine.

theres quite a feweven more arguments when it comes to SS vs SL, but its long winded and depends on how you run each programme because
>well i changed x,y and z so you're wrong

flat girls are life

any chance of seeing you in a one piece bb?

>3x5
Happy, progressing, lift heavy

>5x5
Sad, stuck, never going past 50kg on the OHP

5x5 is good for intermediate programs like TM where you'll be handling lighter loads with it on volume days.
But for maxing on every workout, it's shit. Literally no beginner program does 5x5 for maxing out except memelifts and meme blaha shit.

I'm fucked brahs. The only gym I can go to in this town has no barbells. Just a smith machine, dumbbells and cable machines.

What do? I've never not used barbells in my routine and it comprises about 70% of my workout.

Time to join the homegym mustard race
Barbell + squat rack + bench + plates + rubber mats for the floor
It shouldn't be too expensive, and you can buy used stuff easily if you're in the US.

I actually don't have a one piece, just bikinis. D:

Do intensity DL as the first lift of the VD, then do the rest of the stuff after.
If you're gonna do light DLs on ID, just do it after the main stuff.

ez pz

Drop 5x5 in favour of 3x5. Just that small change is gonna make a huge difference.
And do all the main lifts before accessories. That means bench before lunges on C, for example.

Squat

You wanna have two routines so that you can mash them together?
Why not, you know, make a single routine that works well and is well programmed?

If you wanna help, just post your current one.

>I was thinking doing 5/3/1 squats on the lower day followed by deadlifts (volume), then 5/3/1 deadlifts followed by squats (volume) on the legs day

That's what I usually suggest, yes. Should work well, considering both the squat and the deadlift's primary movers are your hamstrings, quads, and glutes.

Many people run strength programs while cutting and make good progress. You can even grow muscle and get stronger.

You just picked a bad start (SL).

3x5
>less volume
>less gains
>able to use more weight since you do less work

5x5
>more volume
>more gains
>can't use as much weight since you do more work

>he thinks you can't add more volume to 3x5 in form of backoff sets or assistance exercises

Shiggy diggy

So I've being doing this while my back is healing and I can't Squat/DL/Power Clean. Thoughts. I'll only be sticking to it for like a month or so.

A:
Overhead Press 3x5
Face Pull 3x8
Pull Up 3x8
DB Bench Press 3x8
Lying Tricep Extension 3x8
Supinating Curls 3x8

B:
Bench Press 3x5
Dips 3x8
Chin Up 3x8
Lateral Raise 3x8
Barbell Row 3x8
Incline Hammer Curl 3x8

5x5
>less volume
>less gains
>able to use more weight since you do less work

10x10
>more volume
>more gains
>can't use as much weight since you do more work

>backoff sets

strengthandconditioningresearch.com/2013/02/18/back-off-sets/

I AM ENLIGHTENED

simple tm question for you trappy,

in the past, I've kept my volume squats at the same weight and done 5x5 when it starts to get too tough, then make the 5lb jumps when intensity day starts to get tough.

when should I instead drop to 4x5 and keep up the 5lb increases? Just switched to two sets of 3 on intensity day if that makes any difference.

>Moving the goal and the posts

Exactly

Hi Trappy

I am cutting at the moment but at a very slow pace. Like 0.2 to 0.4 kg a week. I used to do blahas novice program and after that i did madcows. But this was when i was bulking.
Now i do something i built myself but i am in no way sure if it's a good routine.

AxBxCxx

A
5x5 Squat
5x5 Bench
5x5 Pullup
3x8 Triceps Extension
3x8 Curls
3x8 Calves
Abs

B
3x3 Diddylift
5x5 Press
3x8 Front squat
3x8 close grip bench
3x8 chins
3x10 Facepulls
Abs

3x3 Squat
5x5 Bench
5x5 pullup
3x8 Shrugs
3x8 hammer curls
2x10 Paused Deadlifts
Abs

To add information. I am coming back from a shoulder injury so bench, Press, close grip benchpress and pullups are light at the moment. Just so you don't think i could survive all this volume on a deficit.
I'm 78 kg and i squat 140 kg (highbar atg, belt, no wraps/sleeves) for 5x5 and diddylift around 150 kg for 3x3 (I suck massively at deadlift)

If you don't feel like critiqueing my routine i would also be happy for a recommendation for a good program for cutting.

How much of my routine do I have to change and how often?

here Well that's even better I guess. Still doing the same like I did with 5x5?
So just hit the same weight until I get all 15 then go up 2.5kg or later less (we got some nice 0.5kg plates)?
I do all accessories later exept for lunges. Like to burn my legs out first since I wanna get really strong legs. Also I switch stuff like OHP and Bench up a little so I don't always go into one with burned out triceps.

It's due to scheduling and a crowded gym I need to lift the way I do

On monday I squat and OHP
On tuesday it's bench + assitence
On wednesday it's DL + assistence

I need to DL on wednesday because I can lift in the morning then, if I lift at night it's too crowded

So i'm been doing them back to back now but I'm struggling to do something on thurs/fri that makes sense

strengtheory.com if you want more good stuff.

Though make sure to make your own mind about the conclusions, and not simply following what they say. Sometimes their conclusions are dumb.

ive been doing greyskull lp but i wanna do some power cleans, can i keep rows for sthetics in and do both

Yes.

Impossible to say, varies from person to person.

Rule of thumb is, if the progress you expect is being made, stick with it. If progress starts slowing down or you start failing lifts, then you start looking into something that might be causing it or stuff that might help improve it (many times that's outside of the program).

What's your current progression plan for that? Do you just max and add weight on every 5x5/3x3?

>So just hit the same weight until I get all 15 then go up 2.5kg or later less (we got some nice 0.5kg plates)?

Unless you've already been training for a while, you should be able to increase the weights on every workout.
See the fitsticky.com/starting-strength page, it gives an idea of how to progress and how much weight to add.
And check the fitsticky.com/novice-programs for more info.

But if you're not able to add weight on every workout anymore, then you can try weekly progression. But that makes things a bit more complicated and you'd benefit from varying the volume and intensity of each workout. fitsticky.com/texas-method is an example, but there are other types of programs who also work with weekly progression (candito LP, madcow/starr, nuckols beginners... there's more info on fitsticky.com/intermediate-programs)

Technically you don't have to lower the volume on VD ever, unless you're not recovering in time for ID and feel you need less volume.
You're also supposed to progress on VD, not just ID. So increase the weights there as well every week, and if it starts getting to close to 90%, just deload it back down to 80% of your max (or lower if needed).

Just stalled on DL on Texas Method.
Did 3 reps at 160 kg on volume day.

Would it be realistic to expect to get 5 reps if I move it to intensity day, since I'm gassed out after squat and bench press? What do my fellow followers of TM of bi weekly deadlift aka light and heavy?

Sorry forgot to add that. Yes as soon as i complete the 5x5 i add 1 kg. Same for the 3x3.

Who is the asian qt behind her during the cnj?

here I'm doing 5x5 for 5 weeks now. Got 2.5kg on every session so far but only got 5/5/4/4/2 on my last 80kg bench. Was at the end of the B day thu and it was warm af in the gym since summer is starting.

I just keep on increasing it that way. Works fine for me so far.

>boner achieved

i-is that a penis?

I've gained 30lbs or so since i started eating more, and lifting, and I while I'm definitely stronger, and more muscular, I'm also fatter and getting a belly ;_;
I feel like eating less, not necessarily cutting, but maybe at maintenance since cutting would make me weaker I think
What do you propose? I'm about 145-146lbs, ~5'7
I haven't stalled yet and I want to keep getting stronger but desu my main goal is aesthetics and i want to slim down a bit

cut in summer bulk in winter.
Just eat like 300 cal under your tdee for now and keep lifting, you'll still gain strength just not as fast

On days that I'm doing chest I only do 3x5 with two warm up sets and it never feels like I'm doing enough, should I increase volume or do flys or something? I feel like I'm pushing as much weight as I can bench for reps but I just don't think I'm doing enough chest work.

What do you guys think about this? Trying to combine my lifting with thai boxing.

Monday: Thai boxing
Tuesday: A or B (Alternating them)
Wednesday: Thai boxing
Thursday: A / B
Friday: Cardio
Saturday: A / B
Sunday: Sports or cardio

A: PUSH
BP 3x6
SQ 3x6
OHP 3x6
Incline 3x10
Optional #1 3x8-10
Optional #2 3x8-10

B: PULL
DL 1x5 / PC 5x3 (Whenever there are 2 B days on the same week I'll do PC once)
Weighted Pullups 3x6-10
Rows 3x8
BB Curls 3x8-10
Optional #1 3x8-10
Optional #2 3x8-10

What do you think about switching places with the OHP and Pullups?

Stats right now:
190cm, 85kg (6'3, 187lbs)
>DL 200kg (440lbs)
>SQ 160kg (350lbs)
>BP 112kg (246)
>OHP 85kg (187lbs)
>PU 19 unweighted, 8 with 20kg (44lbs)

I want to look good, be athletic and rep out 2plate on the bench.

Trappy, what beginner routine will get me the most hypertrophy in the shortest amount of time.

SS + GOMAD
It will also get you fat though. But the muscle and strength gain is ridiculous and unmatched.

Would you recommend a 3 day split over a 4? I am looking at the beginner 4 day split on the sticky and in my head more days lifting = more gains. Am I incorrect about this?

tfw you will never comfort trappy after her /owg/ thread dies

hi trappy chan, thanks again for this thread

ok, here's my new TM setup. what do you think? i'm the guy who isn't interested in benching.

Mon (vol):
Squat 8x3 (not sure about % for this set/rep scheme)
OHP 3x5 90%
Push press 2x6-8
DB bench 3x10 (maybe)

Tue (asst):
weighted chins 3x5
RDL 3x10
abs

Wed (recov):
Paused squat 2x5 80%
OHP 2x5 80%
Bench 3x5

Fri (int):
Squat 5RM
OHP 5RM
Deadlift 1x5
chins 3xAMRAP
DB OHP 3x10

questions/explanations regarding the above:

-my quads grow quick and the 8x3 scheme is to discourage too much growth so as to not interfere with my gymnastic goals. i got the idea from Lascek's ebook when he talks about doing tripes or doubles for volume but i'm not sure how to implement this.
-is that too much overhead pressing volume? i added the DB sets in order to get size there and will trim them if this is too much

/owg/ is dying everytime. It's been forever since they've reached the bump limit. ded sport

How can I increase 1kg increments on upper body lifts without microplates? I've read the sticky but the suggestions there weren't good

that's a fucking power clean you cunt now let me pound boypuesae

Water bottles with strings or use the clips in the gym as weight.

Ripp himself says not to cut the volume in TM if you're missing your ID lifts, as the VDis the main driver in the program.

He mentioned it in a forum post, having a hard time finding it but I distinctly remember it.

He talks about cutting volume on VD in the latest edition of his book.

You are wrong. Lifting literally destroys muscle tissue. The body adapts to that in the days in between with the hypertrophy response.

Thank you for all your advice trappy.

Having more sets like that might encourage more growth. Just because the reps are lower per set, doesn't mean 18 heavy ass reps won't make you grow as much as 15 in a 3x5

Under what conditions? The post I'm referring to, the guy made all his lifts on the but was failing the last few reps on ID.

How about you download the book and look at it yourself?
It's right at the start of the TM chapter.

Lascek also talks about lowering volume on VD in his books.

>taking advice from a DYEL

ayy lmao this is a joke right?

>every thread

I want to get into lifting to lose weight, starting from pretty much fuck-all upper body strength.

The Starting Strength beginner shit looks fine, but be honest with me guys.

How much of a bitch am I going to look as a fat man lifting just the bar?

Literally no one in the gym cares. You're not the center of the world.
Just go, do your workout with whatever weights you can handle, shower and go home

You'll get strong eventually if you stick with it

if you're failing volume day, the weight is too high. you should lower it a little.

Question number one is why the hell are you doing deadlift intensity on volume day.

Question number two is why the hell are you doing all the volume before doing the deadlift intensity.

Trappy help,

I've had a hernia repaired and did not lift for two months.

I'm one month back into lifting and I'm on greyskull lp

Should I continue this novice program?

My lifts before surgery. 5'10 165, 145 ohp 280 squat 205 bench 370 dead

Я8

(A)
Squat 5x5 (heavy)
Bench press 5x5 (light)
W. dips 3x8
Goodmornings 3x10
Calf raises 2x15

(B)
Deadlift 3x5
Overhead press 3x8
Pull ups 50
Shrugs 3x10
Hyperextensions 3x15

(C)
Front squat 3x5 (light)
Bench press 5x5 (heavy)
Close-grip bench 3x8
Goodmornings 3x10
Calf raises 3x12

AxBxCxx

Cont. Currently taking lower body slow, focusing on making upper body gains.

Benched 135 for 9 reps recently

Goal now is to get upper body mass and get ripped.

Should I and how do I incorporate HIIT into my off days?