Broscience thread

Broscience thread
I believe:
>you must eat protein every 4 hours to keep MPS elevated, but not more often as there is a refractory period
>more than 30g protein in a meal = extra calories, no extra MPS
>you should eat a casein rich food source before sleep and a fast digesting protein immediately after waking
>low reps for strength, high for size
>200 calories of white sugar is completely different to 200 calories of nuts

I don't believe:
>calories before bed make you fat
>fat makes you fat
>cardio makes you thij

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19699838
youtube.com/watch?v=OXO2azb3_PE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>you must eat protein every 4 hours to keep MPS elevated, but not more often as there is a refractory period

So your saying given an entire day you can only possibly metabolise 180g protein?

is this photoshopped? I remember Dom looking way better than that.

Yes.

Might be an early picture of him, or an imitator. His chest, traps, and arms are definitely bigger than that now at any rate.

It takes hours to digest a meal

you got to spin the weights cus gravity

Is there a reason you believe this shit? Because its all just a bunch of bullshit.

>fat makes you fat

then why is it recommended to limit dietary fat intake when you drink alcohol? isn't dietary fat more easily pulled into fat cells?

Yeah, but the fat you gain has to come from somewhere, and if you don't eat that minimum level you die

Cardio makes you thij.

I Fucking swear why do idiots come to this board EVERY FUCKING DAY and argue with me about whether or not cardio makes you thij, and this FUCKING HOMOSEXUAL COMES ALONG AND SPOUTS THIS GARBAGE???

I'm done.

It's an older photo.

Como se dice "thij" en Inglés?

What you should believe:

>Strenght on compounds is everything
>Counting macros is overrated

Do some research, the first three have studies behind them

>says the natty fatty do you even liftie

The human body can process around 28g of protein an hour though, what got you into thinking otherwise?

training mask
bro science at its finest

It can process much more than that, however 30g or so will be used to build muscle. The rest is oxidized

>you should eat a casein rich food source before sleep and a fast digesting protein immediately after waking
Literally all three of those are myths perpetuated by the supplement industry so people use them up faster.
>low reps for strength, high for size
Getting mixed information everytime I try to get any concrete evidence for either. Fact of the matter is: small muscles can't be strong, big muscles can't be weak. I've got 5 rep excersises and 8-12 rep excersises for pretty much every muscle on my upper body.
>200 calories of white sugar is completely different to 200 calories of nuts
Yeah, logically. 200 calories sugar is just 50g sugar and 200 calories peanuts for example is 17.3g fat, 5.6g carbs and 9.2g of protein. It's completely different fomr a nutrient point of view. But both 200 calroies will sustain your body with energy for the same amount of time.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19699838

Nani?!

Maybe someone smarter than me can clear this up for me.

I believe:
>reguarly scheduling in cheat days(1x per week) is important physically because if you go on a cut for too long your body will adjust to the new intake and burn less calories with the same routines

The broscience behind multiple meals isn't exactly wrong.

5 servings spread out during the day consisting of 40g protein each, will actually create slightly better gains compared to 2 serves of 100g servers of protein.

Slightly better meaning the body will use the macro-nutrients about 1-5% more efficiently...nothing huge, but it can add upto a pound or two extra LBM over a few years.

I'm not really sure what they were trying to compare. They just proved that the rate of protein absobtion cannot be changed by higher protein injestion. I'm pretty sure you'd have the same rate of obsorption even if you just ate 10g of protein. There is nothing that suggests that the 60g of additional protein were not absorbed given a longer time frame.

It's not wrong necessarily, but the difference is so minimal while the people who advocate it pretend like it's the only way to make gains. The difference is a rounding error.

Everytime you hear something about bodybuilding and you're not sure if it's broscience or not think about whether it would've been an evolutionary advantage or not for your body to work that way.

Alcohol is processed in the liver by the same enzymes that process fat.
If you drink to excess you struggle to metabolise the fat and it is instead deposited, leading to a 'fatty' liver

every time you think about whether it would've been an evolutionary advantage or not for your body to work that way, think about if it is even an evolutionary advantage to maintain large amounts of muscle mass

He started out 3 years ago, made some decent gains since.
youtube.com/watch?v=OXO2azb3_PE

so you're a fucking retard?

see

Cardio made me thij user and you can't prove otherwise