Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grant_Study)
youtube.com/watch?v=5GSeWdjyr1c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

stop being a weak bitch

replace your addiction with another addiction thats less harmful

stop being a weak bitch

Just stop buying it. That's what I did.

What, you have a drinking problem? How is this even a thing?

Kys my man.

Replace drinking with coffee and cigarettes. Then replace cigarettes with vaping.

stop thinking about it as something you want to do, but ought to stop yourself

Find a satisfying non-alcoholic alternative. I drink pic related. It's a challenging as whisky for many people. You can get in by the case by mail. Get the spiciest version.

And only order club soda or coffee if you have to go to bars for your social life. Turn caffeine into your new drug.

This until you can man the fuck up or get the help you need.
>people actually like being fucked up on a depressant all the time
Like I can see fiending for some Speed but holy shit being drunk isn't even that fun.

You don't put the alcohol up to your mouth. If you do that it will go down your throat and will affect you.

Otherwise you should be good!

cut down.
Then spend the additional free time you have doing something more fun like becoming a videogame addict who's social life revolves 90% around videogames, teamspeak, skype and chat services rather.

ignore the dildos in this thread, alcoholism is crippling and arguably the single worst thing you can do for yourself (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grant_Study)

treat it like the serious issue it is and make small daily changes to address it. use a support group (family, friends, AA even) to help you, it makes a huge difference.

it will not be easy but you can do it.

Tell yourself how weak of a man you must be that you're a slave to poison.

Switch to milk

depends

are you an alcoholic, a problem drinker, or do you just want to quit because you think that a moderate amount of alcohol is bad when it's not?

Replace with cocaine. Experience mad weight loss too.

When I'm not drinking I'm playing guitar, writing or riding my bike

I already do both of those heavily

I don't like the taste of alcohol, and I hate what it does to me, the way it makes me look and act. But when I get trashed at the bar, and surround myself with people who hate themselves the same way I do, we all put our masks on and laugh at each other and pretend for 2 seconds like we give a shit about each other and we all have a chance to temporarily forget about the stress and weaknesses and demons we don't know how to deal with. It's empty and hollow and disgusting and cheap and lazy and it's all I have.

>Muh disease
Create your own addiction and then ask for sympathy from functioning humans? The fucking audacity.

I've watched a Heroin junkie handcuff themselves to a fucking wall while detoxing and fuccbois can't stop spiking their coffee with Vodka andvdrinking a 12pack a night? Wew Lad.

youtube.com/watch?v=5GSeWdjyr1c

That's the bullshit story you're telling yourself. Nothing wrong with being a weekend warrior, but if you're a full blown alcoholic you need to get help. I'm sure you think it's Poetic what you said m8, but everyone who's not as fucked up at you(normal people) are making fun of/judging you for being a sad sloppy kunt.

have you ever looked into getting medication? at some point your just going to have to suck it up and get through it though or keep going down the same road wasting years of your life

spot binge a week birch

Is alcohol important to your lifestyle?
Yes? - Stop being a bitch, and moderate yourself.
No? - Stop being a bitch.

I'm sure OP has never thought of that before. Great idea, user.

This.
Alcohol just makes you less productive, slow and foggy.

Cold turkey. Replace with a beverage you like. A key point for most people is not fucking up your routine but making slight changes to it.

Life got you down? Write about it in a journal, think it out, go for a run, do something other than check the fridge for alcohol or go to the store to buy alcohol.

The biggest thing for me was the social lubricating properties of alcohol. When i was just quitting i ordered tonic water (used to drink g&t) at bars to have something in my hands and not look even more out of place. At parties someone will offer you a drink and you can excuse it by saying you have something very important to do the next day or you have to drive your cousin home later blah blah you get it.

When you don't drink in today's society you're kind of weird. At least that's how i feel. So you just cover it up. Don't be a pretentious fag about being strong and not drinking because the fact is you're an weak faggot for not being able to handle it. But you'll become a sick cunt by eliminating your weaknesses and improving yourself.

You'll make it bro.

What worked for me was identifying my triggers. Getting cracked out on caffeine or low blood sugar made me drink. Multiplayer video games (but not single player) was a HUGE trigger. For some reason the social and competitive aspects of multiplayer games made me need alcohol. Telling my drinking buddies to fuck off made it easier to stop. Switching to a six day routine made it easier to stay sober.

Force yourself sexually on an elderly Asian man.

Also one thing that works 100% of the time for me to shut down my alcohol cravings is to go get a bunch of greasy fast food. It sucks trying to get drunk on a full stomach. Get a combo meal plus an extra burger and try to stay full for the rest of the night.

>How do I solve my problem?? B-b-but wait... don't tell me the solution though

Some alcoholics give themselves alcohol enemas because it gets you drunk faster and doesnt go through your liver or something

That means they put it up their butt

Drink in moderation, get less drinks, but make them the best quality, do it 1-2 evenings a week. Quitting cold turkey will most like result in a relapse. Also you can replace drinking with weed, but also limit it to 1-2 times a week.

Frank?

Get a gf. It helped me. I usually drank to be able to socialize, now not so much..

>When I'm not drinking I'm playing guitar, writing or riding my bike

Well there's your solution my friend, out of riding, guitar and writing which needs the most improvement?

The reason you can't comprehend getting addicted to or loving a depressant is because you're fucking stupid, and I mean that literally.

Stupid people are basically smart people on depressants.

You have no clue what it's like to have your mind constantly race, to over analyze every fucking situation you are in, to never forget anything no matter how petty, to always be nervous about fucking up, and to never know how to act.

I'm a recovering alcoholic. When I was drunk I felt normal. I felt happy. I didn't worry. I could fall asleep without laying there for two hours unable to shut my brain off. When I drank I could handle social situations so easy. Every girlfriend I've ever had I've gotten while drunk, they only left me when I tried to be sober too long and they realized how weird I was.

Another thing. Do you know what it's like to feel terrible, mentally and physically, all day, every day? I'm going to switch to present tense from when I was a drunk so it's easier. I feel sad that I'm doing nothing with my life when I wake up. I feel shitty that my apartment is a mess. I feel shitty when I drive to work for being so angry. I feel shitty that I work a lame factory job and didn't go to college even though I was smart enough for a full ride if I had wanted it. Again I feel shitty for going nowhere in life. I feel shitty that my health is deteriorating due to drinking and other things. I speed home and feel shitty because I know why I'm speeding. I get home and pour myself a drink with shaking hands because I haven't had a drink in 16 hours. I drink one, two, three drinks. Everything just melts away. I feel happy. I have a girl come over or I go hang out with friends. We all have fun, I'm the life of the party. I'm happy. Not fake happy. I FEEL happy. I drink for 8 hours until 2am. Never wasted, but drunk the whole time. I go to my room, lay on my bed and have an uninterrupted sleep.

That's why I drank. You fucking idiot.

OP It'll be okay. Do what you have to do. If you need to quit drinking the only way is to find a reason to quit. The reason has to be more powerful than your urge to drink. It's hard, but hold onto your reason tight. You'll be okay.

Take disulfiram so you vomit every time you drink until you eventually subconsciously associate drinking with vomiting. I learnt this in high school psychology senpai, trust me on this.

THERAPY
H
E
R
A
P
Y

do you get the DTs OP?

if so how bad?

I already posted this once in this thread but it was right after I woke up in the morning and my post didn't make a whole lot of sense. I was hung over seven days a week for over twelve years. For the last two years I haven't drank more than one or two nights per month. The one thing that contributed most to my sobriety was figuring out what made me drink. Too much caffeine, staying hungry for too long, multiplayer games, and hanging out with other drinkers. Once I identified those things it was easy to sober up. The next time you find yourself drunk think about what lead up to your drinking. Maybe you have a hobby you associate with drinking like my multiplayer games. The first week sober you wont be able to sleep worth a shit. Don't even try and fight it or you will freak out and get drunk. Go ahead and commit to staying up late the first few nights. It's better to go to work tired than tired AND hung over. You will find yourself bored a lot once you quit. The cool thing about boredom is it makes boring shit like reading, television, and single player games interesting again. Use this to your advantage. I solo'd a bunch of board games when I first sobered up. I hope this helps man. The money you will save from not drinking is a good enough reason alone to quit.

>tfw spending 27 dollars a day on alcohol

quitting drinking is hard as fuck

smoke weed instead

it's much easier to quit weed

Soldier through, first week or two are hard but after that you're fine.

Got to occupy yourself with something

do you smoke weed?

>im so smart
>you guys dont understand how hard being smart id

Find out what the CAUSE of your drinking-addiction is and try to work on that.
Don`t put to much effort in fighting the symptom (the drinking).

figure out why you became a drunkard in the first place (bored? stress? all your friends drink so naturally you do?) and substitute it for something more productive.

i drank and smoked because of boredom, so i slowly added more activities in my life so it wouldn't be so attractive.

>so smart
>can't write in past tense to prove a point
>ruins his own point

It doesn't sound like you're smart, it sounds like you have anxiety problems for which you were legitimately self-medicating by using a downer to reduce brain activity (the same way benzos do).

Stupid people aren't smart people on depressants. You just view people without social anxiety as stupid because you can't comprehend not having social anxiety without reduced brain activity.

Honestly you won't get better until you hit absolute rock bottom. I hit it New Years Eve and I've been sober since.

it sounds like you watched an episode of house, and used that to justify your drinking :)

did he fucking say disease?

he said it was the worst thing you can do to yourself

not the worst disease you can catch

get fucked sideways

Not OP, another recovering alkie here, unlike OP though, I managed to beat that shit already. Some of you cunts make me crave a fucking drink. Makes me realise how soulless and callous people can be. But guess what? Fuck you and the horse you rode in on. When the roids give you liver cancer, I'll be there laughing.

Kek.
I'll be getting smashed thinking of this comment tonight. Join me in exiting this bullshit we call 'society'