Dumbell or barbell

Guys..
I can only afford just one of these
>dumbell or barbell
to start building musculature, can you give me your opinion? gym isn't an option because there is no gym near my house and i don't have enough time to travel to one, please.

I mean... Until you have enough money for a rack and a bench a barbell is fairly useless on its own...You'll be able to do deadlifts and powercleans, some bicep work. But you'll be limited on squat because you'll have to clean it onto your back and you really do need a bench of some sort for bench press.

I'd invest in a small set of dumbbells and save up to get a power rack, barbell, and bench. Should be able to find it for 500 bucks or so on craigslist.

Is this a pasta thread, I feel like I seen it yesterday.

I started and am still with just dumbbells. Dumbbells, pull up bar, treadmill.

I'm on the scooby dumbbell home gym routine.

I started as a super skelly so I started with the lowest dumbbells and bought the next weight up as I needed it.

No.. this isn't a pasta thread, i really need your opinions

So.. should i buy dumbbell?

Barbell all the way. Duh.

yes, until you can buy a rack or squat stands

You can do a lot of things with barbells but.. dumbbells can do the same and more

No, get a barbell. It's much more versatile and you can do much more than just deadlifting and cleans.

this

You can do more isolation with dumbells but for compounds barbells are objectively superior

Barbell. You can do all compounds with it. Even without a rack.

If you're a beginner you should start with dumbbells
You can't kill yourself with dumbbells
You'll move on to barbells when you stall

This. Compounds are the most important as it uses many more muscles, so you'll be building more strength.

give the the spark notes version.
dumbbell for tone
barbell for mass

>tone

is this bait?

So.. What should I buy??? Im more confused now

Barbells hurt my left forearm's tendon while curling

And what more can you do with dumbells compared to barbell without a bench? Lat raises? You're a dumbass.

barbell

so don't curl.
row. vary hand grip. vary angle.
pull up. chin up. different grips.

only time you should curl a bb is when they don't make dbs heavy enough.
and guess what. they do make dbs heavy enough.

You're gonna buy a barbell 6 months time anyway, if you're actually exercising and dieting right. If you think you won't keep up, or if you think it's worth investing in dumbbells for 6 months only, then go for it.
(this is all assuming you are a beginner)

If ur a noob go for dumbell