How much do you have to squat to impress normies?

how much do you have to squat to impress normies?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=alxXqErsEWs
thediscerningbrute.com/more-vegan-athletes-rise-to-the-top/#sthash.oYPoZjl0.gbpl&st_refDomain=www.facebook.com&st_refQuery=/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

squatting at all is enough to impress normies

Anything above 1pl8. Most women can barely quartersquat 30 kg.

at 2 plaet people tell me Im strong

at 3 plaet people tell me my strenght is insane

at 4 plaet people tell me Im a monster

Normies never ceases to amaze me

Basically this

The real question is: how much do you have to squat in order to impress Veeky Forums?

How much do I have to squat to make the feels go away?

1/2/3/4 plate OHP/B/S/D impress me

>tfw I lift 0,75/1,75/2,75/3,5

any day now

2pl8 to impress dyel curlbro fags who do high reps at 1pl8 because "muh back might get hurt"
3pl8 to impress regular gym goers who actually squat/deadlift regularly
4pl8 to impress Veeky Forums

you got this bruh. only thing im missing is lmao4pl8 DL. currently at 170 kg ayy (3,75pl8)

Stuck on 3pl8 squat 1RM for 4 months
REEEEEEE

This. I rarely see anyone squat more than 1pl8 at my gym. Me and a couple other guys go above that and there's one guy that squats like 5pl8 but won't use a bar. Does it on the smith.

170Kg is 4pl8. 8 * 20 + the bar

>normies
they won't even see you in the gym

if you want to impress people in the weight room, 2pl8 at least (for the folks who skip leg day), 3pl8 at minimum for people who squat.

>the bar weighs 10kg

we have 2 olympic-size bars with plastic ends that clock in at 10kg for the crossfags. I wouldn't try to load that with 4pl8 tho kek

>(8+1)*20kg
>9*20kg
>180kg
He's 10kg short

An oly bar weighs 20kgs. If the bar doesn't weigh 20kgs it's not an oly bar.

I don't think any amount of squatting will impress normies, it's not a very impressive-looking lift.

When someone is talking about this does it mean 1RM or just the weight they are training 5x5 or something like that?

how new are you?

either. it depends on the context

how new are you?

Cyclist here. 5'11 and 150 pounds. My friend took me to his gym and the first thing we did was squats. We got to the squat rack, I don't work out besides calisthetics and cycling and do 235x10 as a warm up. He is squatting 110 lbs or something silly like that. I then move up to 325 and squat it for 3 reps. I'm feeling pumped and shit. I look at his eyes and ask if he is ready for his set and he just says "you know, I feel sick, I think I need to go home". Dude had 20 pounds on me. I am 90% sure I made him feel like a little bitch on accident. He didn't even finish his workout.

lol

kek good job, i love to make people feel like bitches

Unless someone states a number is their 1RM assume it is for reps.

Or that they're a faggot.

Honestly I'm impressed with small or lanky guys squatting with good-perfect form squatting two plates. I'm impressed with good build guys squatting 4 plates with good form. Bad form it literally doesn't matter the weight you'll look like a tool doing it.

I find when I squat anything over 3pl8 for reps people casually glance over with mild jellyness in their eyes

>be at work
>boss needs "heavy" office equipment loaded into a vehicle
>assigns me and coworker
>coworker devises plan on getting the copier into the car like we're loading some hamplanet into an ambulance
>fuck that
>bear hug the printer and load it by myself, may have weighed 70 pounds
>coworker is like "t-thanks, man"
>smirk and go back to work

>70 pounds
>anything to smirk about

Got a similar story. Squateverydayer here, 6'1 270 pounds. My friends brought me to a normie commerical gym and we were gonna squat. My friends loaded up 1pl8 (as warmup and working weight kek) and did like 3-4 reps with it. I paused all my warmup reps up to 350 and slapped on 375 as my working set weight. Did 10 reps highbar ATG.

fucking goddamn what are these "gyms" with people who cant even squat 2pl8 for 10 reps

my point exactly. the kid acted like it was something impressive and heavy, but it was just an awkward and tall 70 lb photocopier/printer combo.

I don't know about squats. After all, like I said...You have the lower body and you have no upper body, you got a problem building...wait a minute. You have the upper body, and you have no legs, you got a problem building your legs. You have the upper...you have the lower body and you don't have the upper body, the upper body, it is easier to build. So if you have the lower body and you don't have the upper body, it is easier to build the upper body. You have the upper body and you don't have the legs, you got a problem building the lower body... No, you don't understand. You have the upper body, but you don't have the lower body, you got a problem building downstairs. You got the up- legs on the bottom, it is easier to build on the top, so you don't have much as a problem. Yeah

seen this copy pasta for a while now, where did it come from? Did someone actually say this?

youtube.com/watch?v=alxXqErsEWs

enjoy the ments

>be at home
>delivery lady knocks
>oh shit mah new dumbell and weights
>sign for them and say Ill get the package out of the truck since its heavy
>lady tells me she wouldnt have been capable of doing it herslef anyhow

total of 25kg and appertnly there was some discussion of how they where gona handle this heavy ass package

also i just scooped it up with one arm am I stronk now

Ofcourse... I should've known

Yeah, I love it when someone unfamiliar in the gym loads on 3+ plate - 'ooh, I gotta see this' - then it's so disappointing if they do a half squat. If they hit parallel I feel like applauding.

(Was up to 112.5kg myself, but my knees were buckling so I'm down to 105kg as I try to fix it...)

I can squat 1pl8 with dumbbells (lifting at home) and can manage a set of 8 just about. I guess I need to do static holds to improve my grip at that weight.

>things that happened
>that
pick 1

>squat
>grip strength

i think around 3-4 plates
my max is 5 platesSQ
5 1/2 plates DL
people think im crazy strong

bw:83kg

At least the other people in the gym aren't 270lbs fatty

>dumbbells

read the post, dork :)

>squat
>dumbells

I'm pretty sure normies are just impressed with the size of weights that they see and have zero appreciation for how difficult squatting actually is. The point being that you might as well just do a deadlift.

>olympic-size bars

They are called standard bars. Olympic means one thing.

2 plates

>guy who doesn't work out but makes it clear he's a cyclist who doesn't work out thinks 2pl8 and 3pl8 is impressive

your story is shit and it's not impressive

btw you mean 225 and 315, not 235 and 325, who the fuck uses weights like that when they're apparently warming up?

why do i even care it's probably bait anyway

It depends on effort exerted, and size. I won't get all up in your shit about weight:bodyweight ratio, but if you are a fat fuck, you best move shitloads of weight to impress anyone. Today I spotted a small dude squatting 130 kilos for a 1RM, and I was impressed, even if that's less than I do on volume day. Guy was red-faced and wheezing at the end of it, which went to show that he actually put in a great deal of effort.

who cares he made his cuck breh feel like a bitch

>lifting for 3 months
>lmao2pl8
I lift more than the rare person I actually see squat, and I'm weak as piss. Shit cunts.

this stuff always cracks me up

>hot day so someone orders a shit load of water bottles, like 6 pallets of them or something
>three of us get sent downstairs to pick them up
>the two other guys each take a pallet each, the girl delivering them says careful because they're heavy etc
>one guy says we'll have to make two trips
>say fuck that i got stuff to do and pick up the last 4
>everyone obviously mirin even though it's bitch weight (48kg or something total?)

>implying it ever happened

How much is a 4 plate squat in Amerikanski units? I squat 225k for 3x5. Is that a 4 plate squat?

this

Add front squats and a bunch of volume. Squat heavy once a week.

Do you know what a pallet is? Because there is no way you lifted even 1 pallet of water bottles by yourself. Maybe you're talking about a flat.

Bruh, a Euro pallet weighs around 25 kilos on its own, never mind how many bottles of water there are on it. Either you're some freak of nature with gigantic hands, or something's gotten lost in translation somewhere.

get a load of these manual labour fags

>TFW 0.55/1.0/1.0/1.75

Fucking knee and upper leg ligament damage from Taekwondo and then Rugby when I was younger.

Hold me fit.

>That goat knows he's going to die

Fucking hell. The feels. This is why im a vegetarian.

Get a load of this office drone fatass.

>start getting serious about liftan
>switch from dress shirts to polos at work
>co-workers notice my body shape
>geez user you work out I didn't expect you to look like that

I am as dyel as they come. Normies will be surprised at anything.

same user
same
:(

>squatting
>to impress normies

COME
THE
FUCK
ON

RIP in pace little goatter

When I hit 2pl8 people started saying I was strong.

Is it wrong that I feel bad about the Great Barrier Reef dying, for polar bears who suffer because the ice is melting and sharks that suffer from finning, and rhinos and elephants that fall victim to illegal trophy hunting and poaching, but don't shed a single tear about Africans getting deep dicked by the Chinese and the Irish and anyone else with interests on the continent? Or the Chinese who sweat into their early shallow graves at Foxconn? Or the Indians who get all manner of exciting deadly diseases from breaking ships? Or the fellows in Bangladesh who get paid fuck all for sewing clothes for Western clothing stores?
What is it that makes corals, Teddy, Jaws and Dumbo feel so much worthier of concern than Mbeke, Chang and Singh?

>vegetarian
enjoy being dyel forever whilst CHAD bangs your onetis

thediscerningbrute.com/more-vegan-athletes-rise-to-the-top/#sthash.oYPoZjl0.gbpl&st_refDomain=www.facebook.com&st_refQuery=/

I rarely see normies hit above 2 plate, so anything past that is enough. Same applies to deadlifts.

hodor.

My one doesn't racemix. Sorry, you fucking degenerate.

Nah man.

I don't give a fuck about people.

Just animals.

Jamal and Tyrone will rob you for loose change. Bears and dogs don't have any malice. They're innocent and only react to what they see around them.

>dog/bear mauls your children, wife, and family to death
>"ANIMALS DINDU NUFFIN"
You're a fucking retard and should go back to Tumblr. A human's life is worth much more than an animals. I'm fine with vegans but "moral"-vegans like you (as if disregarding human lives is moral) piss me off. Go jack off to Vegan"Gains" on Tumblr faggot.

>fucking goddamn what are these "gyms" with people who cant even squat 2pl8 for 10 reps

well, for most people 2pl8 is higher than their bw

So, you've been called out and now you're panicking.

>t 4 plaet people tell me Im a monster
Blaha please GO

405lb
Each plate is 45lb, the bar is usually 45 as well

4 per side plus bar

>a human's life is worth much more than an animal's life
says you
there's lots of endangered animals on this planet
and every day more humans are born, we are pretty much the cancer to earth

nigga, even if you could hold the weight, which I doubt, it it physically impossible to lift 4 pallets of water at once, you're either a really shit troll, or you're completely retarded. Either way, fuck off

but how do you know how mny reps??? is it always 5????

You should probably kill yourself if that's what you think then. Every little bit helps, right?

Most people were pretty impressed when I hit 315
I squat just over double bodyweight now and some people think I'm juicing
I didn't realize though that double bodyweight is still pretty trash

So a pl8 is 20kgs ? thanks

Literally nothing dying matters
There's no value to life

>having morals

similar thing happened when I ordered my new dumbell weights
>get note saying to pick up package at post office because it was too heavy to deliver
>at post office lady brings me to package room and is trying to figure out how to move the box to my car
>just pick it up and walk out

it was only 60ish pounds total, but the postal workers acted like that shit was amazing

mad as hell lol, i wasn't even the guy who claimed to lift the pallets

>Tells others to kill themselves on the internet
>Thinks his own is worth anything

You are literally a waste of perfectly usable skin.

Yes, literally.

not me

sorry i didn't use the "correct terminology", clearly as i said it was ~ 48kg total including the bottles they weren't going to be on 25kg pallets. was just packs of 24 500ml bottles iirc, not sure why you both got triggered though.

Who the fuck mentioned vegan?

>Caring about animals means you're a vegan

Retard.

>having a hissy fit when I follow your train of thought and you dislike where it took me

it's LITERALLY a valid solution to your perceived problem, so don't hate the player

>Unless someone states a number is their 1RM assume it is for reps.
You should basically do the opposite, people brag, they don't hide their powerlevel