Poo in space

BBC News: India launches mini space shuttle
India launches mini space shuttle - >hxxp://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-36355842

If zero gravity causes muscle loss, if we put someone in an enclosure with stronger enduced gravity for time periods, theoretically would they be able to gain muscle over their genetic limitations?

What do you think Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-G_training
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The increased gravity would fuck up your organs and connexrivr tissue, leading to various painful debilitating conditions, but you'd probably die first as the blood pools around your feet since your circulation system is not adapted to operate at anything other than 1g.

>enduced gravity

no such thing

Ideally we should live with less gravity, therefore not need as much muscle mass, and not need as much fuel (calories) to maintain muscle

Less weight, less stress. Over time adapt to cat like, or bird like skeletal structure. Very efficient and mobile. OP wants us to be like Hippos or Buffalo or short stout 215lbs muscle man-let

fuck it, lets put a giant wheel into space and spin it like a huge centrifuge.

I would want to be like 125lbs 6'5" Avatar critter

>The increased gravity would fuck up your organs and connexrivr tissue, leading to various painful debilitating conditions,

not to mention be impossible to create

are you guys confusing centrifugal force with gravity?

If it was 300x Gravity, then yea

ever heard of centripetal force?

>gravity chamber weighted dips

>fuck it, lets put a giant wheel into space and spin it like a huge centrifuge.

it's been thought of but it's not an exact replacement for gravity

>ever heard of centripetal force?

yes it seeks the center, the opposite of what these guys want, they want it's brother, centrifugal force

>>fuck it, lets put a giant wheel into space and spin it like a huge centrifuge.
>it's been thought of but it's not an exact replacement for gravity

it seems like that or working with rubber bands holding you down to exercise would work

but it does not

OP didn't say that, he is saying can we adapt?

Any med fags here

Also, Poo in space would float around and be solid as fuck, we'd have a crisis on our hands

>International space station hit by flying poo, decades of work gone, Pajeets to blame

>we put someone in an enclosure with stronger enduced gravity for time periods, theoretically would they be able to gain muscle over their genetic limitations?

just wear a 50lb weight vest

go do some squats in this

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-G_training

So in theory, humans cannot colonize a planet with a gravity stronger than Earth's gravity?

what about those roller coasters vomitron things.

Yes, Goku and Vegeta did that in dbz

>So in theory, humans cannot colonize a planet with a gravity stronger than Earth's gravity?

not significantly higher, well not any time soon anyway

maybe 1.2g or something but luckily all the other rocky planets in our solar system and all the far out moons have less mass than the earth and thus less gravity

so we are ok

it would be extremely painful

another option of course is get very fat, because the greater the mass the greater the force of gravity.

there is a big difference between adding mass to your body and changing gravity

gravity acts on the internal parts of your body such as your heart, you could jog and lift banded weights all day on the shuttle but your heart t is still in 0g.... nothing can be done about that

you could build an exoskeleton to help you lift shit on a planet with 3g, but your heart is still exposed to that gravity..

no easy answer, nasa has been working on this for 40 years

Has anyone given birth in space yet? What would someone's nationality be if they were born in space?

nat of the parents, just like being born in another country

people have fucked in space, no births though

Looks like we'll have to bioengineer our genetics to inhabit other planets. Either that or we'll nuke them into smaller ones.

considering any rocky planet with more gravity than earth is literally light years away and the USA currently has no manned rockets to even get to the ISS

it's not a pressing concern

>people have fucked in space

I've never thought of it. And I feel like it would be very frowned upon and prohibited. But these astronauts have been up there for months on end. And it would be a massive claim to say you've fucked in space so I could imagine they would.

Do you have a source?

Obviously not in the near future. But in the coming centuries we'll have to think about these kind of questions.

Also I think they've experimented with mice bearing pups from conception to birth in space.

When the pups arrived on earth their middle ears were dysfunctional, they literally couldn't tell the difference between up and down and would flop around like magikarp.

I think it was irreversible as well.

>I've never thought of it. And I feel like it would be very frowned upon and prohibited. But these astronauts have been up there for months on end. And it would be a massive claim to say you've fucked in space so I could imagine they would.
>Do you have a source?

yes 2 astronauts were going to fuck in space to study the effects and the fundies in the USA got wind of it and freaked out, so they got married, 2 weeks before launch..... Jan Davis and Mark Lee

nasa tried to lie about it, but those people fucked, i promise

also there was an interviewer with a Russian lady who did a year on MIR, and they asked "what is sex like in space" and she answered "depends on who it's with" implying she was fucking the dudes on MIR, men and women in a tube for a year? they fucked and studied it, it's what they do

The country they would land in.

100% certain they're aussie. Such an aussie thing to do.

Jan Davis and Mark Lee

That's hot. Id bang the shit out of her.

I think it has less to do with science and more to do with "Yeah I totally banged in space dude"

You're a big guy

on fucking second thought

>I think it has less to do with science and more to do with "Yeah I totally banged in space dude"

the deal was they were going to have them fuck and not tell anyone, then people found out so they went out and got married to shut up the fundies; and nasa still won't talk about it

the Russians on the other hand are mostly atheist or don't give a damn if you fuck for science so they are open about the fact they did it

nasa gets real cowardly about sensitive topics sometimes

well it was 25 years ago...

No need, not even in the future.
There are better candidates for colonization, we won't try it on planets with the wrong gravity (unless some technological magic happens, and that problem somehow solves itself).
If we're just mining the planet's resources, we can send robots, with human controllers on an other planet or in orbit if needed.

Hello John Carter, the Deja Thoris called, she wants her thong back

UUUU

"confusing"? They can take on the same role here, I don't see any issue.

Have some sort of gondola swing around on a crane-like arm. At first the arm is stationary/swings very very slowly, and the floor of the gondola is parallel to the earths surface.

Very slowly, the crane can speed up, and the gondola-floors normal-vector will start pointing inwards, so that the total experienced downwards-force inside the gondolar remains parallel to the floor normal.

In the limit, as the crane approaches insanely high speeds, the gondola will basically lie perfectly on its side.

This way you could induce any level of additional "gravity" you'd like, slowly ramp gravity up or down, stop the gondola for re-supply, et cetera, and the person inside the gondola would not notice a difference.

it's not actually gravity though, it just makes you stay going in a circle vs tending to want to fly off on a tangent

if I duct tape you to the floor of the ISS it's not the exact same thing as gravity long term as far as your body is concerned

im not confused, i just know what gravity is

Assume you are inside such a gondola, being rotated by an arm much much longer than the dimensions of the gondola?

What experiment will you do that will allow you to tell the difference between being in an accelerated frame rather than a stationary one?

You can't really tell the difference. The longer the arm is in relation to the gondola, the harder it will get to measure the difference, but even with just a reasonably long arm that is perfectly possible to build in reality, you will not be able to tell the difference without using actual instruments.

>What experiment will you do that will allow you to tell the difference between being in an accelerated frame rather than a stationary one?

unless you were using a VERY LARGE rotating object, like bigger than anything we have ever put in space the force at your feet would be significantly different than the force at your head

it would be disorienting unless the ship was like a mile in diameter and it would only give you 1g at the outside ring wall, nowhere else

I'm talking about a construction on the surface of the earth. And the difference is not that big, because the falloff is like 1/r. For simplification, lets ignore earths gravity and assume we ARE in space. Then Assume for instance:

- a 2m tall gondola (that's pretty spacious)
- a 10m long arm
- Your weight is 100kg
- the gondolas velocity is 1m/s (3.6km/h)

These are all very reasonable and safe parameters from an engineering perspective, no doubt you could build something like this with minimal funding and make it safe.

Then the force experienced at the top of the gondola would be

(100kg*(1*(meter/second))^2)/(10*meter) = 10 newton

The force experienced at the bottom of the gondola would be

(100kg*(1*(meter/second))^2)/(12*meter) = 8.333 newton

For a difference of 1.6N. Not that much for such a short arm.

Lets be a little less conservative and increase arm length to 20m, and assume an 82kg human of height 186cm (me) with a rotational velocity of 0.5m/s:

Top of my head:
(80kg*(0.5*(meter/second))^2)/((20 + (2 - 1.86))*meter) = 0.993 newton

at my feet:
(80kg*(0.5*(meter/second))^2)/(22*meter) = 0.9091 newton

for a difference of 0.0839 newton

No way you're going to be able to tell the difference. And if that's still not good enough for you, just make the arm a little longer, and the difference diminishes with 1/r.

Also, going back to my initil assumption that this is actually on the surface of the earth...

Since part of the gravitational force experienced will come from the actual earths gravity (and just a little extra from the rotation), this will help make the difference even smaller. If e.g. 10% comes from the rotational force, and 90% from the earths natural gravity, i think the difference in force experienced depending on height will also only be 10% as big as it would be if 100% of the force came from the rotation.

All these calculations and pajeets still can't poo in loo

>genetic limitations
Ha

Exactly. Bodyweights and bulking serve the same purpose, as they both force your body to carry more weight.

Bro science in this thread