OHP Back snap

I did OHP for the first time and i felt like my back was gonna snap into 2. Any suggestions on improvement.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CnBmiBqp-AI
youtube.com/watch?v=E7fB1RFStEM
nytimes.com/2016/05/13/sports/russia-doping-sochi-olympics-2014.html
nydailynews.com/news/world/russian-anti-doping-official-dies-suddenly-article-1.2532985
usatoday.com/story/sports/olympics/2016/02/21/russian-doping-official-planned-book-before-sudden-death/80701114/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

check your form
maybe you are leaning backwards and putting all the weight in your back
try putting less weight in the bar

Squeeze your glutes and quads and brace.

Less weight until your form is good. Squeeze glutes and core

Ok will do. Thanks

If all else fails, you can do seated OHP.

Hinge at the hips youtube.com/watch?v=CnBmiBqp-AI

Fix your kinetic chain youtube.com/watch?v=E7fB1RFStEM

If your gym has a lifting belt, you can try using that as well.

I tried but it feelt realy uncomfortable.

should I realy take advice from riptoe. I might be a newfag and don't know a lot but his t-rex meme is worying

This helps but i notice i can do more seated than standing. I try to stay away from it because I feel like that means I must develop something lacking in the seated way (broscience)

Shoo shoo! back to your thread

In what way?

Rip is amazing, the gains I've seen on SS are ridiculous.
As long as you do the recommended accessory work there's no reason to have small arms on Starting Strength

>questioning trappy and rip

In all seriousness youre going to go far kid.

If you do anything for the first time you must research proper form like an autist and use very light weight for a while, then slowly increase the weight.

rips program is perfect for true novices, SS and practical program are incredible resources to learn from, and TM is a phenomenal intermediate program.

Also, skinny losers who claim they can't gain weight need gomad to be shut up and put into place.

It felt weird because i didnt know how to påosition myself, if i should have my back towards the seat. where i should keep the bar. I think i need to practive some more.

SS is shit and trappy is a shill, but the technical advice on lifts and form is sound from both.

Vid related trained with Rip for years.

That's exactly what you need to do. I know people make fun of it but check out bodybuilding.coms workout database they can help you with form.

Just work on your shoulder mobility more, because back compensate your lack of mobility.

>trained with Rip for years

yep, visible t-rex with ridiculous quads

Well yeah, if you wanna look like a twink with no legs you obviously shouldn't squat and deadlift 3x per week.

ebin

underrated post

> cockov.webm

You know that the Russian regime/FSB runs a state roid program for all its athletes, right?

> By his own admission, Dr. Rodchenkov, who has a Ph.D. in analytical chemistry, used his expertise to help athletes properly use banned substances and go undetected, which he says was done at the behest of the Russian government. After years of trial and error, he said, he developed a cocktail of three anabolic steroids — metenolone, trenbolone and oxandrolone — that he claims many top-level Russian athletes used leading up to the London Olympics in 2012 and throughout the Sochi Games.

nytimes.com/2016/05/13/sports/russia-doping-sochi-olympics-2014.html

You're telling me Klokov is on roids? No that can't be truth!

both he and Mike O'Hearn are natty like they claim

for an Olympic athelete that's demeaning tho, everybody gotta question his big results

Fucking Justin. First and only man I actually have saved pictures of because his physiqueis "naturally" beautiful. No homo.

K, Some homo, but it's because I use his pictures as inspiration

ripp is the single ugliest ""strong"" weightlifter i've ever seen, I don't care how legit his advice seems to be, I don't want to end up looking anything like his fat dumpy ass

I honestly don't know where to start with that statement.

>listen my good advice kid you get big n strong like me ripp *pats belly, jiggling amplifies in frequency until gym windows break*

summer is here

dude loves his beer and barbecue

he's a 60 year old atheist libertarian from Texas who stopped giving a fuck about being lean and I respect his decision

he's also pretty fucking stronk

>I don't want to end up looking anything like his fat dumpy ass

Step 1: Don't overeat
Step 2: Don't get old

Look up Alan thrall' ohp video

>you have to get ugly when you get old

That only applies to people that don't lift and twinks on hormones who hit the wall hard.

Cause it's their job. They literally would be banned and shunned into poverty if they came out.

Technically Klokov could come out now that he's not competitive anymore, but his new job still kinda depends on his persona, popularity, and public image. He can't risk a dumb move like admitting to roiding and giving out olympic doping secrets for literally no reason at all. Too much risk, literally no benefits.

as a new lifter yes, but once you're intermediate and have good form then feel free to completely ignore both of them

>he's also pretty fucking stronk

that's not much compared to his younger days

he's had many surgeries and he's 60

If you have back pain it might not be that you are positioning yourself badly cause of the weight, it may be that you have bad posture coming into it.

I know my APT fucked with lots of my exercises.

> Too much risk

No doubt about that. He'd need to get his family out first and like you say his new career would suffer too.

nydailynews.com/news/world/russian-anti-doping-official-dies-suddenly-article-1.2532985

usatoday.com/story/sports/olympics/2016/02/21/russian-doping-official-planned-book-before-sudden-death/80701114/

yeah sure you try being "aesthetic" at over 60 without some sort of gear