What's the point of this exercise? Is it useless?

What's the point of this exercise? Is it useless?

hamstring

Doesn't this work lower back?

I feel it in the lowerback

Hits spinal erectors. Kind of useless if you deadlift, or it may be good if you need a deadlift assist.

rip sometimes uses it for active recovery from deadlifts, especially for older lifters who struggle to recover from heavy deadlifts.

I'll do it after deadlifts so.

why not stiff leg deadlift then?

Whynotboth.jpg

if you're a faggot then it is useless for you. This is the exercise that stood the test of time. No pussies allowed

Would this be a good exercise to do to fix hyperlordosis or should it be avoided at all costs?

It is part of my warm up before I deadlift.

I want to do this in my home gym since i like the feel of it, but i dont have a bendy-bench. What can I do instead? Goodmornings?

Reverse hypers are so much better

But I've got a pinched nerve when I do them.....

>the exercise that hurts me is the better one
>Veeky Forums

Same here.

It's called a back extension, works your spinal erectors and your hamstrings to a lesser degree.

Hyperextensions train the lower back.
If you work industrial jobs were you have to lift a lot of shit or pull chains n shit across floors then doing 10 reps of it 2-3 days a week will save your life.

I just do it as part of my warmup everytime I go to the gym.

glutes

No, this is different.

Deadlifts, you keep your back straight. You work the erectors isometrically.

Back hyperextensions allow you to round your back because the loading parameters (pulling 45lbs instead of 400lbs). You work the erectors concentrically and eccentrically.

it's useless if you just lie there, yes.

same here, only i start with hanging leg raises then hyperextensions