High Cholesterol

Anyone have experience? My doctor wants to put my on meds because my total cholesterol is 300 (very high), as well as my LDL (bad stuff) which is 160. However my HDL (good stuff) is very, very high at 120.

Any of you guys have experience with this?

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3602846/Pictured-Melbourne-university-lecturer-34-died-altitude-sickness-Mount-Everest-taking-climb-husband-prove-vegans-anything.html
instagram.com/lindseypelas/?hl=en
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bump

Most cholesterol is produced endogenously. Dietary cholesterol has little influence over blood cholesterol, but some people are more sensitive to dietary cholesterol than others.

What do you mean by
>Any of you guys have experience with this?
What type of response do you want?

who is this sloot

Have any of you guys with high LDL AND HDL eventually had any heart disease/problems?

Any of you guys taken cholesterol medication? How'd it affect your lifting?

Came here to ask this.

My bad cholesterol was of the charts, we're talking thousands. Diet and Losartsn have improved things.

It's a long term problem, like blood pressure. There is no reason not to take care of it with a little medication these days.

Vegan master race comin in virtually impossible for me to get high cholesterol have fun with your heart disease

Medication may be your only option if your body produces too much.

Alternatively, eat more vegetables.

Fuck, I just hate having to take medication to affect my body. And since I've been cutting, I eat a fuck ton of veggies and very clean overall.

Go vegan. It's not hard to do at all.

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3602846/Pictured-Melbourne-university-lecturer-34-died-altitude-sickness-Mount-Everest-taking-climb-husband-prove-vegans-anything.html

>vegan
>masterrace
Pick one

2014: Total cholesterol: 99 (HDL 49, Non-HDL 50)
2015: Total cholesterol: 92 (HDL 49, Non-HDL 43)

HA HA..No, no experience.

i can never tell if these people are trolling

bump for other high HDL and LDL people

Lindsey pelas desu

Has a SC under that name, ran in a tank top.

I had something similar, bad a bit above good levels and good one a bit below, this while being 10% fat but eating shit. Anyhow, easy way: eat more veggies - 500 g day at least of fruit and veggies, eat less meat, get more animal protein. Don't smoke. iIt will go back to where it should be.

That milf has Skeletors face at her belly.

Also bonus : erections are now 110%.

Take niacin, simple.

If it's genetic then drugs are your only option.

If not drop bf% and stop eating so much sat/trans fats, added sugar and eat more fibre (veggies, legumes, fruits, wholegrains), get your fats from nuts/avocados. That got my total cholesterol to 150mg/dl, and my LDLs in the 70s.

If that doesn't work for you then may need to watch your dietary cholesterol intake.

>eat less meat, get more animal protein
how? eggs and milk?

I want to get myself checked

I'm only 24 but my dad has had some health issues recently (he's overweight) and it's motivated me to get myself looked at

What's the process like when you ask a doctor to the check?

This should be checked during your annual physical. It's a blood test.

I always request copies of my results mailed to me.

I had high LDL before but didn't need meds. I did have chest pains but wasn't sure if high cholesterol was part of the reason. I basically cut out red meats and ate more fiber. As well I ate less to lose weight. Exercise at the time was just very brisk walking which I do all the time anyways.

Anyone have not just high LDL but high HDL as well?

Either annual check like said, or arrange an appointment and tell your doctor you have a medical history of it and you're worried. If you give a valid reason, it should be covered by insurance.

Fish oil pham

oats.

don't drink coffee before the test.

but do not get on the pill shill. fuck that.

"high" cholesterol is a made up number invented by an insurance adjuster. sure take it into account when considering health, and do something to correct it. but a healthy diet and lifestyle is plenty to fix a high score. seriously fuck goying out for them meds. have you seen the sideeffects?

She had climbed harder mountains before, also four people have died in a short period of time including sherpas who climb the mountain for a living. You would be hard pressed to correlate her diet to her death.

Go on a low fat whole food plant based diet. You will thank me later (assuming you actually follow through) when your heart doesn't hurt all the time, you have more energy and can get erections, oh and are not dead.

I'm not a doc, but there hasnt been any proof that LDL isnt just a symptom of when someones heart is fucked rather than the cause.

Medfag here. I don't know your age or risk factors (smoking, diabetes, etc...), but go google "Framingham calculator" to assess your risk.

I.e. If you're middle age, smoking, with those lipid numbers then it may be worth trying a statin to see if it helps.

inb4 doctor pushing big pharma. I'm now in public health, just looking to keep hospital less occupied with stroke and CV disease patients.

Thanks I tried that but my HDL of 122 is literally too high for the calculator

> Please go back and enter an HDL value in the range of 20-100.

If you enter anything 39+, I have a 1% risk, but I have a fucking 122 HDL.

I'm thinking about it. What are some high protein vegetarian foods that are easy to prepare? (no, nuts are more high fat than high protein)

Beans, Lentils, greek yogurt, multicereal bread, raw pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, tuna, humus etc. Not that hard to eat enough proteins from plant

Just buy vegan peotein powder if you're really concerned. I've been vegan for almost two years now and protein has never been hard to come by. Im also a lazy as fuck vegan in that I don't really spend a lot of time cooking my meals. If you really need it, get fake meat stuff.

Lindsey Pelas I think
instagram.com/lindseypelas/?hl=en

dude you're still good as long as your HDL overpowers your LDL
stay away from eggs, red meat and offal. these have a shit ton of cholesterol
a daily intake of 0,3-0,8g is ok. unless it's genetic in that case lower it to a minimum
or go outside so your body is able to build that sweet vitamin D and hormones wiz da cholosterol

>vegans